Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female

[bg=#c1bcb5]
OUTNUMBERED

Three hundred years in the future, cultures and provinces have dissolved into a single nation, ruled by a sovereign governing body known as Tartarus. The ideal citizen is nondescript and doesn't pay attention to anything except their own life and their duties in it. While not brainwashed in the typical sense, citizens of Earth are stripped of their most basic identities. Numbers are assigned in place of names and all major life choices in an individual's life are made by Tartarus. History is outlawed. Memories, at least those not approved, are discouraged. Citizens are constantly reminded that Tartarus is good, kind, and necessary, and are reminded to the rules of the new regime… and the punishment for breaking them. A few people do break the rules, however. When someone commits a serious offense against Tartarus, they're given a name.

Their name and face are plastered everywhere so no one will forget it: every social media, every billboard, every TV advert. Everywhere, so no one will forget it. This makes them an immediate outcast amongst all law-abiding citizens and severs their connections to numbered people. Most of the named individuals are thrown into prison camps, but a few have made their escape and are living not-so-quietly under the radar. A rebellion begins to rise from these named outcasts and in the midst of politics and war, blooms love and hope and a thirst for autonomy. With a taste of blood in their mouths and a scent of freedom in the air, the named ones must make a decision to flee from Tartarus or strike for the independence they have longed for once and for all.
[/bg]

[bg=#c1bcb5]
INFO

• Level: Detailed (3-4+ paragraphs per post)
  • Genre: Sci-fi
  • Sub-Genres: Drama, Tragedy, Action, Psychological Thriller
  • Scale: 4-8 players
  • Pace: Medium to Slow. One post expected every week to two weeks.
  • Expected Application Opening Date: February 5th February 26th (Nav is behind)
  • Expected Start Date: Early to Mid March
If there is enough interest, more information will be released regarding this roleplay, but please don't hesitate to ask questions! (: I'm still in the process of building the world myself, so any questions may help me fill in the blanks a little, too.​
[/bg]

Last edited:

giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: mango and Cerulean
You had me at Psychological Thriller and a slower pace. :P

Jokes aside, very interested in this. Brilliant ideas and seems well fleshed out.

Will be keeping eyes on this one~

• Love
Reactions: Nav
You had me at Psychological Thriller and a slower pace. :P

Jokes aside, very interested in this. Brilliant ideas and seems well fleshed out.

Will be keeping eyes on this one~
Yay! Expect the first bit of lore starting to trickle in this week and next.

I'm still really interested in running this, if there are a few more folks interested! (: If not, I'll probably still run it with a small crowd, anyways!

I like this a lot! It reminds me of the Giver. do you still need more players?

• Love
I like this a lot! It reminds me of the Giver. do you still need more players?
Ah, yes, it does a little, doesn't it? I'll take that as a compliment!

As for more players, definitely! I am still in the planning stages of this roleplay. I am hoping to have the lore and CS built up by the end of February for a start in early March.

That being said, if anyone is interested in collaborating on the world/universe/lore, let me know! I'm definitely open to inputs, ideas, and suggestions.

Oh I intended it as a compliment for sure! Awesome movie! and Even MORE awesome book (As usual).

What kind of help are you looking for? visual? Or race relations?

• Love
Oh I intended it as a compliment for sure! Awesome movie! and Even MORE awesome book (As usual).

What kind of help are you looking for? visual? Or race relations?
I don't have much pieced together in physical form yet, but this is not a super heavily fantasy-based roleplay, so all characters will be human. That said, I'd love for input on the universe itself-- the world, the surroundings, etc.

I figured it would be all human, but are the human races all now living in unity? Are there still people groups scattered and separate? Are there perhaps one set of rules for one group and not another?

Just...wondering.

300 years is a long time. Look how much things ahve changed here in only 200. Plus..what happened in the past that brought this about, and did it mean there were fewer people to continue on? So there would only be a few cities left and a lot of wasteland?

And ok..I am done pestering you. But I do LOVE the idea.

Ah yes, definitely. (:

Haha, you're not pestering me. The universe is not yet extremely well developed, but it is what I am working on now, actually. For all intensive purposes, no, not all groups are living in complete unity. The majority are, however. Pockets of rebellion societies exist, though they are shunted out of most major resource veins, meaning they struggle immensely recruiting enough oomph to stage any sort of uprising.

The history is a bit vague regarding how this all started. Essentially, the world just got to a point where people were so engrossed in their devices and things, that the independent traits began to evolutionize out of them. Those smart enough to take advantage of that situation did, of course. The population is now smaller, though more of a result of limited resources than anything else. The world has become an extremely aging population, meaning there are more elderly than ever before due to advancements in science and medicine. So, yes, lots of large cities, lots of wasteland.

I'd say that I am interested, as well. I look forward to seeing how this develops!

• Love
Dystopiaaa o3o

-ahem- Putting down tentative interest. I'm currently waiting for a few roleplays I'm in to get rolling, and if I have time for this as well, I'd love to be part. ^.^

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.