Out of the Black, into the Dark - RP between Micha

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm not here about the ship."

He sent out a low wave impulse, seeking out signs of the force user as he fell into step.

"I'm looking for a traveler. Someone new, who arrived tonight. Any information you may have, would be appreciated and paid for."
"You aren't the first to arrive here from that ship. There's been a few. From your look I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt. I don't want any problems with the Empire. We do our bit, pay our taxes, and keep our noses out of trouble. However, since you mentioned payment... Let's have a sit in the back room of the Lady and lay all of our cards on the table, shall we?"

Meanwhile Arlene was... well, as she would put it, making microwave angels. Lying on the deep comm dish, spread eagle and waving her arms and legs. She'd get around to disabling the thing. All she had to do was pull a couple of panels out or smash a few things. But in the meantime, she was having fun. Of course, having someone do what she was doing was making the long-range comm spotty anyway so she was kind of doing her job.

Kind of.

@Ringmaster

"You aren't the first to arrive here from that ship. There's been a few. From your look I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt. I don't want any problems with the Empire. We do our bit, pay our taxes, and keep our noses out of trouble. However, since you mentioned payment... Let's have a sit in the back room of the Lady and lay all of our cards on the table, shall we?"
He learned the value of patience.

Which was why he waited till they entered the Lady where he could look around, take in the sight and assess threats.

Not that he expected them, but he was always prepared for the worst of people.

Once seated, he looked the sheriff the eye- using his helmet's motif to effect as he intoned.

"The Empire has a keen interest in those who came from the wreck here. You mentioned a few...Just how many had made it to this place and how long ago?"

@Michale CS

Once seated, he looked the sheriff the eye- using his helmet's motif to effect as he intoned.

"The Empire has a keen interest in those who came from the wreck here. You mentioned a few...Just how many had made it to this place and how long ago?"
The sheriff looked back, as calm as anyone he'd ever seen. When the question came, he drew in a deep breath. "See, that's the thing. There's an old saying, my friend. Trust, but verify. I'm going to need to see something official before I can disclose that sort of information, with our without payment. The Empire wouldn't want me to betray the location of well... the people of interest you seem to be inquiring about, to just anyone, yes? Anyone can fabricate a helmet, make an outfit. You have anything that identifies you as being anything other than a bounty hunter looking for his target? Because I need to do my duty to the Empire, and make sure that I'm not dealing with an impersonator."

He leaned back, putting his feet up on the table between them and crossing them. Almost at that exact moment, from near the front of the Lady, Shaitan felt that presence in the Force again, before it was gone. Disappearing in a direction decidedly away from the inn.

@Ringmaster

The sheriff looked back, as calm as anyone he'd ever seen. When the question came, he drew in a deep breath. "See, that's the thing. There's an old saying, my friend. Trust, but verify. I'm going to need to see something official before I can disclose that sort of information, with our without payment. The Empire wouldn't want me to betray the location of well... the people of interest you seem to be inquiring about, to just anyone, yes? Anyone can fabricate a helmet, make an outfit. You have anything that identifies you as being anything other than a bounty hunter looking for his target? Because I need to do my duty to the Empire, and make sure that I'm not dealing with an impersonator."

He leaned back, putting his feet up on the table between them and crossing them. Almost at that exact moment, from near the front of the Lady, Shaitan felt that presence in the Force again, before it was gone. Disappearing in a direction decidedly away from the inn.

@Ringmaster
He cocked his head to the side and around that point, a beer glass shattered. Rising up from his seat, he said quietly.

"My quarry is escaping."

And without further thought to the sheriff- Or as to whether or not he was in on it, he'd deal with that after....He followed the trail, masking his presence and using all his own abilities to track down the scent.

'Vader's Bloodhound'.

That was what they called him. He hunted whoever he was directed towards, he was loyal to Vader alone....And when directed to attack, he did so.

It was a sad existence, but at the end of the day? Everyone was someones dog.

And now he was coming for the person.

@Michale CS

It was a sad existence, but at the end of the day? Everyone was someones dog.

And now he was coming for the person.
"You have fun with that now. Nice dealin with ya." He leaned forward and pulled a bottle from the desk and took a swig. "That's the trouble with people who get too tied up in government, they always end up with a stick up their ass."

Just then, a huge explosion rocked the town. Then, music started blasting from somewhere.

Arlene had been busy. She didn't just disable the dish, she destroyed the building it was on top of, and she was driving down the middle of town, whooping and hollering. What? He didn't say to be quiet about it.

Following the presence in the Force, it was headed out of town, toward the forest, in a large skiploader designed to haul felled trees. Thankfully, it wasn't terribly fast.

Of course the explosion brought the sheriff storming out of the Lady.

PD44634836_Film-Co_1958536b.jpg
"I don't know who you are lady but you're going to have to stand down right now, before I drop you like my first ex-wife." The Sheriff proclaimed.
@Ringmaster

Following the presence in the Force, it was headed out of town, toward the forest, in a large skiploader designed to haul felled trees. Thankfully, it wasn't terribly fast.
He left Arlene behind.

He didn't need her anymore, now? It was time for something much more his speed.

Nobody escapes the Empire for long and he concentrated...Focused on the dark side to empower his body, make him much faster.

The result would be a black blur, keeping up and to the skiploader's blind spot as Shaitan aimed carefully.

Before unleashing a bolt of Sith lightning to disable it and make it crash.

@Michale CS

Reactions: Michale CS
The result would be a black blur, keeping up and to the skiploader's blind spot as Shaitan aimed carefully.

Before unleashing a bolt of Sith lightning to disable it and make it crash.
The lightning coursed over the loader, and it began to jackknife. Then, it suddenly dislodged it's trailer, sending it hurling end over end toward Shaitan. The cab kept going, sheer momentum, but a blue flash wreathed in electricity was seen from the front of the cab.

The occupant had bailed out.

But Shaitan had a bigger concern. What to do about the several tons of trailer hurtling toward him.

Meanwhile, Arlene had angled her truck directly toward the Sheriff, then at the last second, pulled it up to a stop. She dove out of the cab and threw herself at the Sheriff's feet. "Please, I'm just a replicant. He forced me! Said he was going to kill me if I didn't do what he said, ya have ta believe me! If you hurry you can still catch him!"

However, the Sheriff was having none of that and rendered Arlene unconscious with a blast from his weapon. "Replicants. Sooner or later, you all go screwy." Then, in reaction to the trailer coming free, he hauled the girl over his shoulder and made a dash for the nearest cover to avoid the trailer as it continued on it's path.

@Ringmaster

The lightning coursed over the loader, and it began to jackknife. Then, it suddenly dislodged it's trailer, sending it hurling end over end toward Shaitan. The cab kept going, sheer momentum, but a blue flash wreathed in electricity was seen from the front of the cab.

The occupant had bailed out.

But Shaitan had a bigger concern. What to do about the several tons of trailer hurtling toward him.
Shaitan ran directly for the trailer, crouching mid-run before leaping upward and using it as a jumping point, to avoid it entirely. A ditched vehicle meant that the figure was here.

And if he or she was, there was nothing in the galaxy short of his Masters word that would prevent him from his duty.

@Michale CS

Shaitan ran directly for the trailer, crouching mid-run before leaping upward and using it as a jumping point, to avoid it entirely. A ditched vehicle meant that the figure was here.

And if he or she was, there was nothing in the galaxy short of his Masters word that would prevent him from his duty.
latest

As the cab headed off in a different direction, there was another streak of black and blue that dodged out from it and ahead of Shaitan. It stood some distance off as Vader's Bloodhound gained on him.

"I only needed the vehicle to draw the Yautja out, so that I could claim what is mine from it. However I think you will do for sufficient bait for it. Nothing has changed."

Then, in a blaze of blue sparks, it was gone. Faster than even Shaitan's senses could track exactly.

Directly toward the forest.

@Ringmaster

latest

As the cab headed off in a different direction, there was another streak of black and blue that dodged out from it and ahead of Shaitan. It stood some distance off as Vader's Bloodhound gained on him.

"I only needed the vehicle to draw the Yautja out, so that I could claim what is mine from it. However I think you will do for sufficient bait for it. Nothing has changed."

Then, in a blaze of blue sparks, it was gone. Faster than even Shaitan's senses could track exactly.
Directly toward the forest.

@Ringmaster
.....There was obviously more to this then Shaitan had expected.

So be it. It didn't matter. This creature and the Yautja had been at the pod. Perhaps it was time, he paid the Hunter a little visit. And much more sedately, he turned and left the burning wreckage to head for the forest.

@Michale CS

Reactions: Michale CS
Status
Not open for further replies.