Ouran High School Host Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShinoyaKaede.gif
csi0v1se.png

@Nay'ar @Sashakiki

profile-divider-18.17874629_std.gif

"Arabian Night, eh?" Kaede mused, a slight smirk tugging the corners of his lips as his blue gaze wandered over the screen of his phone. As usual, Ayako was keeping him updated on everything she deemed important at school. Luckily for this lazy third year, the host club was one of them. It was especially useful for when he'd been sick for a while, which this time around had been the reason for his absence. Well, more or less sick. It wasn't like the details were important.

"I don't think we've ever done that before. It'll be fun to find a costume..." he told himself in an attempt to avert his mind from previous thoughts, putting on the purple jacket of his school uniform while watching his reflection in the mirror. Quickly and skillfully he buttoned it, lost in his own thoughts that the knock on the door to his room made him jump slightly in surprise. The large wolfhound having rested peacefully on his bed up until then, lifted his head and barked at the door, though not in a particularly unfriendly manner.

"Yes?" Kaede asked loudly, quickly combing his hair into his usual slightly stylized messy hairstyle before turning his attention to the door. It opened, and a male in his mid thirties peeked his head inside the room, a slightly worried expression clouding his handsome face.

"You think you will be alright now, Keade-kun?" he asked softly, pushing the door all the way open, thus revealing the rest of his body. He was dressed in a simple white shirt and a pair of jeans, making him look no different than any other commoner. However, Kaede had seen his uncle in the elegant black attire of a magician, and couldn't help but think that he was all the more handsome like that. It made him wonder if he looked as handsome in similiar clothes. Eventually, he was bound to try it out. He wasn't called 'The Magician' for nothing, after all.

The black haired youth gave a slight nod of his head and a charming smile. The kind of smile he usually used to reassure his uncle that yes, indeed he would be fine, and no, he did not need him to act like a mother. "May I borrow your car, though? Since I know you won't be using it until tonight anyway, and-"

A heart filled chuckle erupted from his uncle's throat as he jammed his hands into his pockets and leaned against the wall. Kaede eyed him in confusion for a moment. "You truly want to use my old junk car to drive to that fancy school of yours? Don't you think people will look and/or talk?" his uncle asked, clearly amused by his nephews request.

"As if I'd care what people think. They can talk," he scuffed, "I just need to get to school. Skipping yesterday was bad enough- I'm pretty sure my costumers must be crying their spoiled little hearts out by now. It wouldn't be fair on the ladies to torment them with my absence any longer." Kaede inquired with a smirk, winking at his uncle shamelessly.

"Just shut up," his uncle replied with another chuckle, shaking his head as he pulled out the car key's from his pocket and tossed them over to his nephew, who caught it without complications, grinning.

"Got it. See you later, I'll probably stay here one more night!" and with that said, he was off to start his day.

To Kaede, the day had gone by in a flash. Since none of the subjects were particularly had for him, he'd just sailed through the lessons, doing the absolute minimum of what was required for him to get grades he could accept. There was no denying that he in some ways was lazy, but at least he never complained about it. Then, before he knew it, the sound of the bell spread through the school and everyone hurried to get out. Not Kaede. His pace of walk as he headed towards the host club was leisurely, a laid back smile painting his face and hands stuffed in his pockets. Preparations were made, and soon enough girls (and a few boys) started flocking in the music room. Naturally, Kaede instantly joined his own little crowd of last years costumers, pleased to see that most girls had stayed with him.

"Good day, I am sorry.. ehm... I would like to... request Ben-san, but... ehm... I can't seem to... find him."

Kaede paused as he heard the soft voice of nervous girl behind him, turning his attention to the first year costumer with stunning, long, red hair. "Well, hello there, young lady," he said, flashing her a flawless smile as he grasped her hand and lifted it, pressing it gently and briefly to his lips as a way of greet, before blinking as though he had spotted something strange. "Well, will you look at that... it seems somethings hiding behind your ear," he leaned closer to her, his hand moving behind her head, brushing against the area behind her head lightly. His face was dangerously close to hers, causing a few jealous glances and a few excited ones to be cast in their direction.

The girls seated a small distance away excitedly clapped their hands and words of praise traveled from their lips- though they had absolutely no meaning to Kaede. Being fussed over by a bunch of girls, most of which were total airheads was fun for a while, but after hearing the same, boring words of admiration and praise over and over and over again... was tiering and Kaede's opinion. He also knew that a host club was as superficial as something could be, and that actual feelings had little matter in the business. Despite it's bright appearance, it was actually cold and emotionless... maybe it was this extreme double morale that had appealed to Kaede so much three years ago.

As he withdrew his hand again and straightened up, he was holding a beautiful rose in the same red color as her hair, twirling it in his gloved hand. He sniffed it once, taking in the wonderful scent as he regarded her with a half lidded gaze. "Are you sure you wouldn't like to try out a few other hosts before you settle for one?" Kaede winked, a playful look in his eyes.

"Although... I suppose if you have decided it is Ben-kun you want," the slightest of sighs escaped his lips before he smiled charmingly, "he is already headed in our direction," dropping the rose into Ren's palms, he gently grasped her shoulders and turned her around so that she was facing in the direction Ben was approaching them from.

"Got a little worried I might win her over with my charms, eh?" he called over to Ben teasingly, a soft amused laugh rolling from his lips.

• Love
Reactions: Rowlet

Early in the morning, his phone buzzed, alerting a new text message. He was currently sitting inside his limo, riding to Ouran Academy. He retrieved his phone from his blazer pocket. He flipped it open, navigating to his inbox. He opened the message,

Of course you weren't a burden! I...even quite enjoyed myself...a little...maybe. I mean, it was really nice meeting you so... so it didn't matter. Anyway, will you be free on Saturday or Friday? Maybe we could do something then? :)
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. ^^

PS: You may continue calling me Ren, if you like. I always think honorifics are a bit stiff, so I don't mind.

//Ren

A small smile painted his lips. He quickly typed up a response before hitting send. He snapped his cell phone shut, pocketing it.

I'm free on Saturday. What time would be best for you? I'll be available in the afternoon. What do you suggest we should do for this outing?

Alright. If that's what you wish, Ren-san. I'll keep that in mind.

//Nanami

A chuckle alerted him. Nanami lifted his head. Natasha peered through the review mirror. A smirk plastered on her face. "Look at you. Got a date for Saturday?" she teased. She flicked her signal, turning left at a stop sign. It would be another ten minutes before they reached Ouran Academy. Natasha was aware of Nanami's largest insecurity. However, she was one of the few people capable of getting away with her teasing.

Nanami flushed. "No. I'm hanging out with a friend from school," he countered. His eyes averted towards the side.

A fleeting laugh escaped her lips. "You're too cute, Nana," she cooed.

His blush deepened. "Just drive Tash," he muttered. Nanami inspected his window. He knew she meant no harm. However, it was difficult to accept. Why was he looking forward to this outing? Could he trust Ren? "Just friends," he thought firmly. Nanami wasn't familiar with the Katsuragi clan. On the other hand, he wouldn't be surprised if his father had connections. He hoped that his father wouldn't disapprove of his budding friendship with the shy first year. This was his first attempt at friendship since he entered Ouran Academy. Previous relationships were strictly business. Ren possessed similar interests, including writing. Nanami prepared a short story and few poems for the friendly otaku. He wondered if Ren would enjoy his writing style. He made a mental note to start composing his customer's requests.

Dolphin1.gif
Nanami was currently inside the Third Music Room, preparing for the Host Club. Suddenly, the final bell rang, signaling classes were over. Nanami clapped his hands. "Places everyone," he announced. He sauntered across the room, taking a seat on his signature throne chair. He held a white rose, his signature flower. Five minutes later, the doors opened. A flurry of petals swarmed towards the entrance.

"Welcome," they chorused.

He rose into a standing position, walking towards his table. He greeted various girls, producing his bedazzling charismatic smile. A few girls swooned, much to his annoyance. Once he made it to his station, a set of twins sat on his couch.

"We request Nanami Tsukuyomi."

He blinked. He recognized the girls faintly. He knew of their family, but not the girls. He watched as the girl, Junko, left. He recognized the girl Junko was hugging. His attention averted towards her sister, Yuko. He produced a gentle smile. "Thank you for requesting me. I'm truly honored miladies," he declared. He took a seat in the middle of the couch, his signature spot. He leaned forward, pouring a cup of tea. He offered it to her. "Tea? Today's special is a beautiful blend of Jasmine Green," he informed. He handed it to her before pouring himself a cup. He leaned back, scanning his surroundings. A few regulars showed up. Fortunately, his group was small.

"I-I,"

Nanami tilted his head back. His eyes widened slightly. Ren?

"I'd also like to request Tsukuyomi-senpai!"

A warm chuckle emitted from his lips. He rose from his spot, placing his cup on his tray. He walked towards Ren. He placed a hand over his heart and bowed respectively. He extended his hand forward, offering it to Ren. "A male customer. You're quite rare. Nevertheless, I'm truly honored to host you this afternoon Katsuragi-san," Nanami declared. He grasped Ren's hand and led him towards a loveseat. After he was settled, Nanami returned to his spot. He ignored the whispers circulating through the air. He saw no problem with male customers. They were quite brave. Despite the Host Club's policy, it appealed mostly to women. Most men weren't interested being entertained by a group of handsome Hosts. "Do any of you have requests? Perhaps a story of your own, a poem, or a performance?" he inquired. Nanami observed his customers, waiting for a response.

• Love
Reactions: Gladis
5m0lcn.jpg
Ren Kannagi
@Gladis @Sashakiki
"Well, hello there, young lady," Said he in a deep voice kissing her hand. She could have blushed to death as he treated her in a lady-like manner, but his actions just got her 'party-switch' turned on which made her less keen to blushing and surprising. She didn't like to be treated that way, and as Ben's actions were clearly playful, Kaede's were more on the serious side, which flipped the switch. 'Another one who likes to make a fun out of the girls... really a host to a t' nontheless she smiled politely at him as a greeting, "Well, will you look at that... it seems somethings hiding behind your ear," she stiffened as he got closer, 'Are these the manners of someone who is to entertain his guests?' Then again... 'Ren he's a host... he has to flirt... it's his job, you idiot' he took out a beautiful red rose from behind her ear, its color could resemble her hair, it was a pretty basic compliment she got during parties at home, but that particular variety was darker than them and it couldn't be used to blend teas either 'It's quite useless indeed' she thought disappointed as he indulged in its scent. She applauded softly at his magic, as she was supposed to by manners

"Are you sure you wouldn't like to try out a few other hosts before you settle for one?" she put on a confused look, touched her lips with her finger in a thinking pose and then answered "No... I think I'll stick with Ben-san after all, senpai..." she laughed it out politely, feeling she had just made some more haters "Although... I suppose if you have decided it is Ben-kun you want, he is already headed in our direction" "I mean, I don't even plan on becoming a regular, and--" she said as he dropped her the rose and made her turn around in Ben's direction 'Other haters... oh well I guess I'll have to take it as a natural turn of events... I HAVE just turned down a 3rd year request...'. He was approaching them smiling 'I really hope he hasn't said anything on my eyes... It was so hard to get it through father...' she thought with a troubled look. "Ben-san, good--" "Got a little worried I might win her over with my charms, eh?" he interrupted her as she was bowing "--day..." she said in a low voice.

Ren could feel the hairs in his neck rise as the long haired twin gave him a glare that was almost on par with Ayako's expression earlier that day. Whatever courage he had managed to muster as he made his request melted away within seconds, and hadn't Nanami appeared shortly after, he would probably have run away to hide somewhere and cry in embarrassment. Horrible, this was an absolutely horrible idea... he thought to himself unhappily.

"You can come over here with us then, I don't think a host could be in two places at once. Your friend can join us too, I think my sister would like that."

That cold edge in her voice caused a new wave of nervousness to wash over him, and Ren cringed. Suddenly he found himself quickly removing and wiping his glasses in panic. "Eh-eh-w-well..."

"A male customer. You're quite rare. Nevertheless, I'm truly honored to host you this afternoon Katsuragi-san."

The almost fanatic wiping of glasses ceased and Ren's gaze rose, his heart skipping a beat as Nanami's friendly smile filled his vision. The purple eyed host bowed for him, and then offered him his hand, causing his blush to deepen slightly in color. Right at that moment, he felt like kicking himself. What was he even doing there? People were staring at him, people were whispering and talking... and he was acting no different from all the other girls swooning over Nanami. There was no way he would ever be able to get close to the host like this, and he knew it... why had he let Ayako talk him into this again? He wasn't exactly swooning over Nanami like they were, but nevertheless he had the feeling he was making a fool of himself.

Nanami's gentle hand wrapped around his own, sending a wave of heat rushing through Ren's scrawny being and filling him with that almost disturbing fluttering he'd felt the day before. Once he was seated, he quickly put his glasses back on again, an unpleasant realization creeping up on him. Now, when he was here in his male form, and for the second time at that... how the hell was he supposed to deal with this situation? He didn't know how to do small talk, how to superficially socialize. These were all skills that he had completely missed out on learning- being the otaku shut in he is. It wasn't all bad, though. Even if he was insecure and the girls surrounding them scared him (especially the long haired twin), just being close to Nanami filled him with happiness and ease. Maybe it didn't matter that he was completely socially inapt. If he was content just being close to Nanami, just by seeing him... then he could be happy and simply ignore what everyone else thought. Besides, he probably wouldn't be visiting often. He had his own club activities to take care of, after all- aka, watching, reading and drawing anime and manga.

"Do any of you have requests? Perhaps a story of your own, a poem, or a performance?"

For a split second, the short story Ren had laying in his bag came to his mind and his hand moved a little, gripping it tighter. Then he shook his head a little at himself. It was far too personal, and he could impossibly share it with Nanami here, in front of everyone else. Not only was he afraid of making a fool of himself and far too shy to voice his thoughts, but he simply felt that some things were better left in private (not that what he'd written in itself was embarrassing. It was about a oak tree telling a story, more or less).

"Tsukiyomi-senpai," Ren said as confidently as he possibly could, just barely able to keep himself from shaking as he gave the third year the sunniest smile he could muster, "how was your day?" Well done, idiot! he inwardly cursed himself, not only is everyone looking at you- gosh, those gazes burn- but... how was your day? Seriously? Does one even ask a host that? Nevertheless he couldn't help but genuinely care for Nanami's answer... it may have been a clumsy question (or not, Ren wasn't sure), but at least his words weren't hollow.

"How was your day?"

Nanami blinked. Albeit, it wasn't unusual for a customer to question about his day, it wasn't common. Most customers focused on his talents, not personal health. He observed Ren silently. He noticed his nervous behavior. A warm smile adorned his face. "It was pleasant Katsuragi-san. I'm grateful of your concern. Thank you for asking," he replied gently. He leaned forward, picking up his teapot and pouring a cup. He handed it to Ren. "I have some exciting news. Tomorrow will mark the day of our first theme. Unfortunately, I'm forbidden to reveal details. I hope I'll see all of you tomorrow. I hope my choice will please you," Nanami announced. He leaned back, holding his own cup. He picked it up and sipped his tea slowly.

"We never got to hear you play the ocarina Tsukuyomi-san. Will you play a song for us?" a second year inquired.

A chuckle rumbled through his chest. "It will be my pleasure," he assured. After Nanami set down his cup, he picked up his school bag. He opened it, retrieved his ocarina, and placed the bag by his feet. "Do you have a particular song in mind, my dear?" Nanami questioned.

The second year shook her head.

"Very well. I have one in mind," Nanami informed. He closed his eyes and positioned his hands accordingly. Once his lips touched the mouth piece, he began to play. A beautiful melody emitted from his instrument. His fingers danced along the carved holes, conveying his experience with the special flute. His heart filled with passion at his choice of song. He poured all his emotions in the piece. His choices often varied depending on his mood. Nanami felt unusually spontaneous, opting for a different tempo. He hoped his customers would enjoy his performance. A few minutes later, he concluded his song. Nanami opened his eyes, removing his ocarina. Most of his customers clapped, moved by his performance. "I hope my performance has touched your hearts," he declared. His signature charismatic smile plastered on his face. Some customers were easy to please. However, he encountered a few that demanded more effort. Despite his nature, Nanami was versatile. He learned to adapt to his surroundings, including his customers.

Ayako could feel herself relax slightly as the blonde girl let go of her, albeit, reluctantly so. It took the pink haired second year a few moments to recover from the shock caused by being surprised like this. "K-kitten?" Ayako asked, confusion spelled all across her face as she registered the other girls words. A faint blush dusted her usually pale cheeks, "Kitten?" she repeated wearily, tilting her head to the side as she contemplated this. Then she suddenly remembered the motif on her shirt and a bright smile spread across her face. She liked that nickname. It made her sound adorable.

"You can come over here with us then, I don't think a host could be in two places at once. Your friend can join us too, I think my sister would like that."

"Wah?" this... demand startled her for entirely different reasons than it had done Ren. Her friend was just his normal, insecure self, after all, whilst Ayako had no problems with socializing. She had, however, never actually requested a host at the host club and instead spent her time observing them secretly. To her, this gave so much more pleasure than actually interacting with one of them would do... and honestly, the thought of doing so made her feel more than just a little nervous. It wasn't that they were people that was her problem, nor that they were a bunch of incredibly good looking young men but... honestly Ayako didn't know why the thought of talking to them made her so nervous- other than the fact that she was shy around handsome boys.

Then again, joining them would give her a first class seat for observing Nanami with Ren... which felt far too delicious a chance to pass on. Not that she thought she'd see any actual boy on boy action with them, especially not here... but one could always hope, and imagination was a incredible weapon to make up for any disappointments. The thought brought a smile to her lips. "Sure," she said, "I'll join you!"

As she said this, she could see Nanami grasp hold of Ren's hand and lead him over to his group. Just the mare physical contact between the two boys set Ayako's fujioshi sensors ablaze, making it near impossible for her to refrain from squealing in delight or cooing how adorable they were, how they were so meant for one another, how they were one of the most perfect pairs she had ever gotten to witness... two princes declaring their love for one another- that's how it's supposed to be... she thought to herself dreamily. Without any hesitation he quickly dashed after them, taking a seat next to the girl who'd hugged her earlier before quickly taking out her notebook and pen. She couldn't let this opportunity pass- now her inspiration had been sparked...

Ayako was so immersed in drawing the two in a slightly questionable pose, where Nanami was kissing an embarrassed Ren passionately, the two of them only half dressed, that the entire world around her was completely drowned out... until Nanami started playing, causing her to drop her pen. She blinked. That song. That song... it was somehow familiar to her. She'd heard it before... "Frozen!" the words spilled from her mouth before she could stop herself, causing her left hand to fling up to cover her mouth. She hadn't even seen the film herself, but her little brother was obsessing over it for some reason. Shaking her head, she sighed and picked up the pen again, just about to resume her drawing when she briefly glanced in Ren's direction.

His eyes were sparkling with admiration and adoration, though if it was directed at Nanami, the song or both, Ayako couldn't tell. Nevertheless he was absolutely adorable, looking all happy and slightly goofy like that, Ayako couldn't help but smile. You look like a kid on christas eve again, moron, she thought to herself, amused by her friends behavior. Then she turned her attention back to the drawing in her note book... so delicious...

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
@Nay'ar @Gladis
"Got a little worried I might win her over with my charms, eh?" Ben heard Kaede say, He smiled and waved at the third year before he bowed to Ren "Good day to you aswell M'lady" Ben said and took her hand, kissing it softly. Having guests ask for you was one of the perks of being here. "Would you like some tea? We are said to have some of the best around and i hear you are quite the fan" He said and smiled.

"No... I think I'll stick with Ben-san after all, senpai.. I mean, I don't even plan on becoming a regular, and--"

Wah? For just a split second, a shocked look crossed his features. He had dealt with a lot in his line of work, but never before had he been so causally brushed off by a girl before. Most of them blushed at his mare presence, and he had even experienced some of them fainting in the past. Of course, not all girls were this easy, but few proved to be a challenge of any greater significance to Kaede... well, besides that lesbian lady he tried hitting on once, but that's a story for another time. Even if her words had been polite, Kaede had the feeling they were loaded with coldness. Waaaaaaaaah?!

Damn, that's cold... now I know why they refer to her as 'prince'.

He regained his composure as quickly as he'd lost it, and flashed her a pleasant smile. "Very well, sweetheart... if that's the case, I suppose it can't be helped." I hope it isn't too obvious I'm just a liiiiiittle annoyed... no, it shouldn't be. I'm keeping my composure rather well. Then he threw Ben a look that said that he pitied him. Such a troublesome costumer... without another word, and perhaps feeling a little, just a tiny bit insulted. Nevertheless he returned to his little group of costumer with a dazzling smile on his lips.

"Hmm... would any of you darling ladies like a cup of tea?" he asked, not a trace of his earlier thoughts detectable on his features.

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
((doing this post from an iPod.))

Shino was currently in his female disguise as he headed to the music room having gone the entire day as his female counterpart Mika. Letting out a feminine sigh he made sure his props were correct before he stepped into the room for this host club. With a cute smile he looked around the room wondering if someone was free or if it was a first come first serve situation.

@Gladis
When he did see someone that looked free he made his way over to them. From what Shino had heard this guy was into magic and the like. He thought it could be interesting to talk with someone like that. After all, wasn't Shino himself good with illusion? He passed as a perfectly good female though he was a guy.

"Uh.... Excuse me... Are you one of the hosts available?" He asked doing his best to be a bit shy keeping his long lashes covering his blue eyes. This guy was attractive and Shino could feel a light blush forming on his cheeks. "This is my first time at this club, so I don't know all of the rules."

"Thank you for requesting me. I'm truly honored miladies, Tea? Today's special is a beautiful blend of Jasmine Green."

"Yes, please." Yuko replied, not really in the friendliest of voices, but not rude either. Yuko was ready to have fun and see what this club had to offer in entertainment. How hard did she have to push for the club to amuse the twins?

"Sure, I'll join you!"

A barely noticeable smile came to Junko's lips when the kitten sat next to her. She glanced to the side every once in a while to look at her as she began drawing the two boys that were now sitting in front of us. Yuko gave Junko a stare of disbelief; she was acting very strangely today.

"Do any of you have requests? Perhaps a story of your own, a poem, or a performance?"

"I..."

"We never got to hear you play the ocarina Tsukuyomi-san. Will you play a song for us?" A second year interrupted before Yuko could speak, she glared at the second year. Her eyes never left the other fatuous female customers who had joined. When the song was over she watched as the other girls cooed. She crossed one leg over the other unimpressed by the performance. She hated those girls who threw themselves at the hosts, in her opinion it was truly ridiculous how these females could submit themselves to this kind of behavior. If mother were here she would have lectured all of them on how they are ruining the female image. She was quite the feminist.

"Frozen!" Junko jumped at the sudden outburst. The twins had never seen the movie as they didn't really watch much tv, but the song was so popular that they were slightly familiar with it.

"I hope my performance has touched your hearts." Once again the other girls squealed at the smile of the host.

"Oh it did senpai. You're so amazing, how did you get to be so perfect." Yuko cooed as she acted just like the other girls, the body language and facial expressions matched perfectly with a fangirl, until her mischievous smile took the innocent one. "Was that what you were expecting?" She crossed her arms. "You're going to have to do much better than that if you want to impress us." Yuko smirked, it was hard to impress her, she and her sister were both pretty adept at the arts, Junko would usually play the piano and Yuko would accompany her with singing. Junko knew that her sister was trying to squeeze as much entertainment as she could from this host.

Junko looked down at the kitten's drawing as she sipped her tea. The drawing was amazing, but definitely not what Junko was expecting.
"Otaku?" She quietly questioned as she scooted closer to her and stared at it. "It's lovely." she stated, not really knowing what to say, but wanting to interact with her, which was odd for Junko.​

• Love
"Uh.... Excuse me... Are you one of the hosts available?"

A soft voice sounded behind him, forcing him to quickly get over the earlier mishap. Turning around, a beautiful young woman met his gaze- the most notable feature about her being the long purple hair which cascaded down her shoulders. However, despite her aforementioned beauty, Kaede couldn't help but feel that there was something off about her. He couldn't put his finger on what it exactly it was. it was just a feeling he had and couldn't shake.

Ignoring this, Kaede offered a dashing smile, sweeping a bow as he grasped hold of the ladies hand and gently pressed his lips to its surface, kissing it lightly before letting go and straightening up. "Indeed I am, young lady... I am Shinoya Kaede... and who may you be?" he asked, his voice soft and inviting as he motioned for her to follow him.

"This is my first time at this club, so I don't know all of the rules."

"I figured," he replied, leading her over to one of the tables before patting the seat of an empty chair, "I haven't seen you around before... believe me, I would have remembered such a lovely face," his flirting was shameless and he didn't even try to hold back. Then again, this was how he spoke to all ladies and gentlemen who visited him, so it was one of his selling points. Those who didn't like his semi romantic advances, simply wouldn't chose him as their host. "The rules of the host club are rather simple," he went on to explaining, taking a seat opposite of her, "you simply chose a host and he will be at your service. Usually, a host caters to several females a once," he motioned to the other ladies seated around the table, "but if one pays extra it can easily be arranged that a lady gets a host for themselves," he continued, gently stroking the cheek of a chestnut haired girl sitting beside him, "Isn't that right, Clarice?"

A bright red blush spread across her cheeks and she nodded eagerly. "Oh yes, Shinoya-senpai," the second year assured.

Kaede turned his attention back to his new costumer. "See? It's simple... now, would the lady like some tea?" he offered, motioning towards the tea can standing on the table.

5m0lcn.jpg
Ren Kannagi
@Sashakiki
Ren smiled brightly to Ben: "Ben-san, you're really good with invitations" she giggled a bit and then added "As a matter of fact I have brought a handmade blend, I don't really let anyone near my laboratory so it's a 100% original Kannagi Ren blend" she started playing nervously with her fingers, hoping he would accept her gift not as a Host. "I know you might not like it... but I'm not really good at anything else than blending teas, you know... and I had to thank you for keeping the secret somehow..." she personally loved that blend: black tea with ginger, just a bit of lemon gest and a touch of mint to lighten up the flavour. Ren would have never admitted it but that blend was custom made thinking of him, she just put what she felt talking to him into tea flavour.
She looked at him with her green eyes: "Because you kept it secret right, Ben-san?". She did thought that even if he had talked, no one would have minded it and it could just become a rumor, nonetheless, she pleaded her father to believe her and she knew that the consequences wouldn't be good ones if he found out. For either of them.

She looked around and saw Ben's previous customers biting their handkerchiefs as she talked to him 'Good... more and more and more haters...' she thought to herself 'As well as others admirers...' she sighed mentally as she spotted some male customers in a corner studying her as a steak. It happened from, time to time, that some rich CEO of some company came and asked her father to engage her with his/her son. She didn't like arranged marriages but her dreamer soul died long before and she expected the news anyday... 'Come on Ren... it's not time to think about something so gloomy... today it's your last day at the Host Club... live it to the fullest'.

Normally when a guy took his hand and kissed it, Shin didn't blush, but it seemed the magician had worked magic on the male dressed as a female and his cheeks grew a darker shade of pink. "Mika..." He said not sure if he should reveal his last name. It seemed so far no one had recognized him yet, which was wonderful in his mind. He wasn't sure how he would handle being spotted as Mika the model, but thankfully, the girls around Shinoya were more interested in the host.

As he followed the other to an open seat he looked at the other girls, each had a look of love on their faces, and how could he blame them when the guy before them all was well.... dreamy? "Oh, I have gone to this school since I was little, but I moved around for a few years before returning. This is my first year back." He said before he looked away slightly.

"So, a girl can pay to have time alone with you? I would think it would make the other girls jealous, I couldn't possibly do a thing like that." Not to mention the fact that he didn't want to draw any more attention to himself as it was. He didn't know how long he would be able to hide the fact that he was actually a guy from this Shinoya fellow. If the other ever found out, well he would probably have to stop coming to the host club.

"Tea would be lovely, though I would think just spending time with such a handsome host is all a girl really needs. Just how do you manage to juggle all of your guests?"

@Nay'ar
"Ben-san, you're really good with invitations" Ben grinned brightly "Well, i do try" He said and laughed quietly. "As a matter of fact I have brought a handmade blend, I don't really let anyone near my laboratory so it's a 100% original Kannagi Ren blend" Ben's eyes widened "Really? that sounds amazing. I do love teas" He said with a small smile. "I know you might not like it... but I'm not really good at anything else than blending teas, you know... and I had to thank you for keeping the secret somehow..." "I'm sure it is wonderful, especially since it was all made by you in your tea laboratory, and there was no reason to thank me, my job as a host is to keep the secrets that my clients divulge to me, no matter what" He said and stroked her cheek.
"Because you kept it secret right, Ben-san?" She asked looking worried "Of course m'lady, i would never break the trust of a client" He said softly.

He glanced around at the girls who were glaring.
"Why don't we find a place to sit, and you can give me this tea you are talking about" He said and took her hand.

"You're going to have to do much better than that if you want to impress us."

His smile widened. He admired a challenge. Nanami let the insult wash over him like a river. A fleeting chuckle rumbled through his chest. "Both of you are gifted in music," Nanami deduced. His eyes averted towards the twins. "Very creative. What would you two like to request?" he added. Nanami placed his ocarina on the table before picking up his cup of tea. He sipped it slowly. He directed his attention towards Ayako. A gentle smile plastered on his face. "I'm quite fond of that American film. I couldn't resist learning the song," Nanami admitted. His gaze shifted to Ren. His smile softened. A familiar voice crept inside his mind,

"Look at you. I bet you're ecstatic with his reaction. How pathetic. Are you always this selfish?" it sneered.

Nanami shoved his pessimistic voice out of his psyche. He wouldn't let his insecurities control him. Conceal your weaknesses. His father's mantra drilled in his head, forcing him to fortify his mask. He was the Lyrical Host, a man of creativity and charisma. His customers were his first priority. Happiness was his main goal. He wouldn't lose his composure, not again. "I'm grateful you enjoyed my performance Katsuragi-san," Nanami declared. He sipped his tea slowly, waiting for the twins. He wasn't sure what he could do to impress them, but he was willing to try. He wasn't intimidated by their hostile demeanor. It filled him with happiness to know he wouldn't have to deal with complete airheads. Entertaining women that swooned at every he said was tiring. Nanami was determined to please all his customers, including the twins. He was certain his natural charisma would charm the intriguing pair.

• Love
5m0lcn.jpg
Ren Kannagi
@Sashakiki
"Of course m'lady, i would never break the trust of a client" there... she was waiting it... she knew he wouldn't have said anything different but still... something stang her somewhere. And she felt it clearly. "Why don't we find a place to sit, and you can give me this tea you are talking about" she turned at the sound of an ocarina; she knew that song: Ari no mama de also known as Let it go... she loved the english version of the song: conceal, don't feel, don't let them know... she was about to follow its teachings. She faced Ben and nodded smiling as he took her hand and guided her to a table "Of course, I'd be more than happy to pour some for you and your guests. I'm pretty good at it." even if her words were polite, her voice was empty and her smile forced. She wasn't that bad at concealing, it was what her life was all on but, somehow that came out perfectly false... or so it seemed to her, maybe from the outside it wasn't that bad. 'You'd want!' said her inner voice. "You know Ben-san" said Ren shaking off those feelings "I'm really happy you accepted this blend, I wouldn't have known how to thank you otherwise... I mean, I won't attend the Club from tomorrow on so... I was really nervous" ended chukling politely.

"I'm grateful you enjoyed my performance Katsuragi-san."

Ren smiled softly. "If only I had a talent like yours, my piano teacher wouldn't be yelling at me all the time," he replied before mentally kicking himself. And what the heck was that?! I-I... aaaaaaaagh, why does my mouth have to be so clumsy?! That was such a stupid comment... I really did enjoy him playing it. It was beautiful... just like the last song he played. His music is beautiful... just like he- his cheeks flushed bright pink and he quickly turned away his gaze in embarrassment, nervously fiddling with his hands. "I-I mean... I mean... y-you played beautifully, Tsukiyomi-senpai..." he murmured shyly, his voice barely audible.

As Nanami turned his attention back to the scary twins, awaiting their answer, Ren hesitated briefly before moving just ever so slightly closer to Nanami. It was barely even a centimeter, and most wouldn't have noticed. However, even just the thought of sitting barely a centimeter closer to the guy who'd stolen his first kiss made his heart beat erratically as a warm sensation rushed through him. Wearily he lifted his gaze when he thought Nanami wouldn't notice, studying the other male closely. Those stunning eyes, the silky white hair, the milky skin and broad shoulders...

He's gorgeous...uh, for a guy, that is. Ren tried to reason with himself, quickly glancing in a completely different direction again. I can't wait for Saturday... he thought, which reminded him that he still needed to reply to that text message. He hadn't had any time to do so, and would most likely have to wait until later when he was on his way home.

"I'm quite fond of that American film. I couldn't resist learning the song,"

Ayako nodded her head a little. "I figured," she replied simply before frowning, "I don't like it though." probably because her brother had been bothering her so much about it. "Nevertheless it is clear that you play excellently," and after that it was time for her to shut up before she started stuttering. Her cheeks were already burning...

"Otaku?"

Ayako blinked, gazing at Junko who had scooted closer to her silently for a moment, before nodding her head with a grin. Then she placed her finger to her lips, though, as a gesture asking Junko to be quiet about it. Not that Ayako did a particularly good job of concealing this fact herself, as almost every one at school knew about her obsession with anime and manga. Still, she usually did her best to refrain talking about it with people she knew could not understand this form of art, which was most likely a wise thing to do. She had experienced what could happen if she did otherwise, after all... and it hadn't ended pretty.

"It's lovely."

"Y-you think so?" Ayako asked, once again blinking in surprise. A slight blush formed on her cheek before she grinned, gently locking her arms around the other girl in a hug. "Thank you, Sweetheart," she cooed excitedly. What? If Junko had taken the liberty to call her kitten, Ayako definitely thought she could take the liberty of calling her sweetheart. She did seem to be a sweetheart, after all. Ayako was absolutely giving no thought about that it might be a little strange that these two girls were paying more attention to each other, while visiting a host club. On Ayako's part it had mainly to do with the fact that she had a hard time conversing with handsome young men (something which was definitely going to be a huge problem for her in the future), and because she found the kuudere esque girl sitting beside her rather intriguing.

"Both of you are gifted in music... Very creative. What would you two like to request?"

Yuko was surprised by the response, and his smile was almost challenging to her, but she brushed it off and looked over at Junko who was still looking at Ayako's drawing.

"Y-you think so? Thank you, Sweetheart,"
Junko's eyes widened at the sudden hug, her cheeks burned brighter, even more so at the name. She was speechless as usual. The quiet twin didn't know what to do in this situation, but she felt warm in the embrace of the kitten and so she lightly hugged back. But sensing her sister's glaring eyes she looked back at Yuko, then pulled away hesitantly. After a moment she nodded at the other twin.

She stepped up to the grand piano and sat on the left side of the stool. Brushing her fingers over the keys she almost shook with joy, it had been almost a month since she touched a piano, though her muscles knew exactly what to do. After testing out a few notes she looked back at Nanami.

"You can start with this. Do you know Franz Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody No.2." Yuko inquired as she smiled at the host and resting her hands delicately on her crossed lap. "You wouldn't mind a little duet with Junko would you?"

Junko waited a few moments before she started the first 2 high chords, letting the sound wash over her.

Last edited:
Ben led her to a table and sat down. "Of course, I'd be more than happy to pour some for you and your guests. I'm pretty good at it." Ben raised an eyebrow, "What other guests? you are my guest for now and my attention is solely on you, but i really would love some tea" He said and moved his tea cup closer to her. He could feel that something was wrong, her entire demeanor had changed but he didn't want to be seen as rude."You know Ben-san" Ben perked up, wanting to hear what she had to say. "I'm really happy you accepted this blend, I wouldn't have known how to thank you otherwise... I mean, I won't attend the Club from tomorrow on so... I was really nervous" Ben smiled, and frowned slightly "A man never refuses a gift from a lady. Why won't you be coming back? Is it because of the other girls? They get used to it, and between you and me, they are more into the 3rd years." Ben said with a slightly sad smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.