Ouran High School Host Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stella Kass
1376546-bigthumbnail.jpg

@Cry @TheGDeer
"Lets get going. I can't wait to see this club"
Stella looked up at Chi with starry eyes. "Really?" She questioned, unsure if she should believe Chi. Chi wasn't one to forget things important to Stella, but the club was far from her interests. Which only made Stella want to bring Chi along even more. Before allowing her time to answer(or change her mind) Stella skipped around Chi in glee."Eeek! I'm so excited!" She squealed. She was a bit too enthusiastic about a school club, but to her this wasn't just a club. It was her stage, where she could have all the attention she desired. Grabbing her hand, Stella dragged her across the hall and up the stairs to the music room. "Are you ready?" She gleamed, swaying from side to side.

Letting go of Chi's hand, Stella searched the room for her choice of host. She wanted to pick a host who was a bit more personal and too new to know how to how to flatter every woman who came his way. Scanning the room, she couldn't find one good enough for Chi. Then she saw him. The brown hair that suddenly stood up and walked away from his group. He was perfect for Chi's first experience.

Stella glided over to Andrew, unintentionally sneaking up behind him. She hesitantly tapped him on his arm as it was a more comfortable reach for her short body.
"Excuse me, do you have room for two more?" To most, Stella would seem shy, but the older hosts knew it was simply an act. She always seemed cute and innocent around the hosts.

Reactions: TheGDeer
@Cry @KitsyKitty
Andrew felt a small tap on his arm and spun around to face, more like look down upon, a cute, blue haired girl. "Excuse me, do you have room for two more?" she asked. Andrew smiled hesitantly "Of course, right this way." he gestured to the seats near where his other two customers were sitting. Oh God four, I can barely pay attention to two. That and I still got the taste of tea in my mouth. "Sorry if I get a few things wrong, i'm still getting used to being a host." Andrew laughed nervously, this was bad, he wasn't prepared to cater to more the two customers at a time. He walked back over to his other two customers and sat down. Then gesturing to the blue haired girl and her friend he said "This is… oh sorry I didn't get either of you names."

God he was an idiot

tsubaki_by_kotobaai-d6e5key.jpg

2bfVkaA.gif

@Gladis:

sakuras___divider_by_otomenishiki-d5ppno0.gif

"Tsukuyomi-san...I'm s-sorry for barging in, and I-I do hope I'm not being a disturbance or anything."

Nanami averted his attention towards a newcomer. He blinked in response. The Neko accessory was oddly cute. Why was she wearing a simple disguise? Nanami regained his composure. A gentle smile painted his lips. "Do not fret, milady. If you wished to come here, there is no need to be afraid," he assured. He noticed the girl standing next to the pink-haired Neko. He picked up his cup of tea and sipped it. "A request? I would be delighted to-"

"-would you please kiss Ren-chan?"

He choked on his tea. A pretty blush dusted his cheeks. He coughed a bit, setting his cup on the tray. "P-pardon?" he rasped. He peered at the young girl. She must be a friend of the cross-dresser. He recalled Ren mentioning he lost a bet. This must be 'Aya-chan'. A small frown marred his lips. Why subject Ren to this type of torture? Despite his disguise, Ren was definitely male. Nanami doubted Ren would enjoy kissing a boy. He produced a small smile.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I won't be able to-"

"Kyah! A forbidden kiss! How romantic!" a third year gushed. She knew Hosts refrained from intimate gestures, including kissing a customer. However, this was a request! Happiness was their first priority!

"She's so lucky!" a second year agreed.

This was't good. His customers wanted to see a kiss. They wanted him to bend the rule. He couldn't do it! He wasn't afraid of breaking a rule. No, that wasn't it. He was terrified of kissing a boy. If Nanami kissed Ren, he may not stop. He might enjoy it and want more. Nanami couldn't expose his sexuality. He worked too hard to perfect his mask. "He'll hate you for it. Why would he enjoy kissing a liar? Selfish, selfish, selfish," a voice jeered inside his psyche. His heart constricted painfully. He struggled to ignore the voice, but it wouldn't leave.

"Oh! I'm late for my appointment! I'm sorry Tsukuyomi-san! I have to go!" a second year declared, standing abruply. Unfortunately, since she was sitting close to Nanami on his left side, her movements forced him to lean dangerously to his right. Before he could control his momentum, Nanami knocked into Ren, pressing his lips clumsily against the blushing first year. His eyes widened completely. His cheeks reddened. "No," he thought. An overwhelming wave of panic washed over him. No, No, No, No! Nanami pulled back, breaking the kiss. It took every fiber of his being to maintain his mask. He refused to convey his inner emotions. A polite smile plastered on his face.

"Excuse me, miladies. I'll return shortly," he informed stiffly. Nanami rose from his couch and sauntered towards the exit. He slipped past the doors and bolted down the hallway, heading towards the restroom. He burst through the door, panting. Nanami stumbled towards a sink. He hunched over, resting his palms on the marble top. He lifted his head, inspecting his reflection. A few seconds later, his mask vanished. A bitter chuckle elicited from his throat. "Pathetic," he sneered. He turned on the faucet and splashed his face. "One simple kiss could garner this type of reaction. You're disgusting," he hissed. Nanami clutched his erratic heart. He enjoyed it. Those lips were so soft. "He'll never like you," he mumbled. Nanami rested his forehead against the cool mirror. He breathed in deeply and exhaled through his nostrils. He needed to calm down. He couldn't fulfill his Host responsibilities if he was experiencing a meltdown.

"You like women. You're not homosexual," he whispered vehemently.

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa and TheGDeer
Hitata just watched the others some and was pleased to be with Reizo for her first visit. 'Humm... This place is great maybe I'll be a regular for now on. But who should be my permanent host? I guess I'll have to give them all a try and then once I have make my decision.' "So Reizo what else do you do other than the host club?" "Oh I'm great at fencing but I chose this over the fencing club so it's more of an extra hobby I guess you could say." "Oh really you'll have to show me sometime." "Okay sounds like fun. I bet you'll love it." "I bet so." Reizo was thinking of what else he could say but then she asked something else before he could. "Do you like stuffed animals? I'm just curious." "Yeah I do. I actually brought my favorite. Would you like to meet him?" "Yeah sure." "Okay if you'll excuse me I'll be right back with him." Reizo goes quickly to his book bag and bends down to open it. "Hey it's okay Shino you can come out. Let's meet my new friend. Okay?" He picked up a bear toy plushie and held it close to him. He went back over to Hinata were he had left her. "Oh he's so cute! What's his name?" "His name is Shino." "Shino aww... It's so nice to meet you." Reizo made it seem as though Shino had came to life he made hi wave and even answer without moving his mouth. (No Shino is not a puppet he takes two hands to hold and you can see both of them) Shino said "It's nice to meet you miss?" Reizo whispered "Hinata" "Miss Hinata." Hinata was now blushing once more. Now she felt as though she had two host at once.

Shino
Teddy_Bear.jpg
teddy.png

Reactions: Gladis
1-gif.34716

sena-izumi-600-1749530-jpg.34706

"-would you please kiss Ren-chan?"

It took Ren a moment to register the meaning of those words. Once he did however, he nearly choked, his eyes widening and his cheeks flushed bright red. "W-wah?! No-no-no-no!" First then did he realize that the one standing there making this outrageous request was none other than Aya, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. I refuse to be her doll... she can forget anything like that happened, ever! he thought to himself, feeling slightly annoyed. Hadn't he suffered enough already?

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I won't be able to-"

Ren relaxed a little at Manami's words, knowing full and well that it was very unlikely the host would do anything without his consent anyway. Aya could dream on, this wasn't a wish he was going to grant As the third year started speaking, and then a second year after that, Ren started becoming nervous, however. Really nervous.

And, as fate would have it, before he completely knew what was going on, Ren could feel a pair of soft lips press against his. Badump. His eyes widened even further, his heart skipped a beat and he froze in shock. Simultaneously, a warm and tingly feeling washed over him, and although the accidental kiss just lasted a few seconds, right then it felt like the entire world around them simply stopped. What was more, Ren didn't just not mind it. He liked it. He enjoyed being kissed by a guy, and not just any guy either. He enjoyed being kissed by the purple eyed lyrical host of ouran host club.

Just as quickly as it had started, the kiss ended as Manami pulled away, and despite the fact that he tried to hide it, Ren had the feeling that he was more than just a little troubled over the entire ordeal.

"Excuse me, miladies. I'll return shortly."

His suspicions were confirmed as the third year excused himself, leaving the boy with a fluttering heart and burning cheeks alone with the chattering female costumers. Slowly, Ren started realizing what this all meant, though he was still in too much of a daze to think clearly. Shit. He thought to himself, pulling a grimace. Shit, shit, shit, shit... his hands moved up to his lips, his fingers brushing against them lightly as he felt the familiar stinging of tears in his eyes. This was definitely not how things had been supposed to turn out. Definitely not. Now Manami would think he was a freak of some kind, and chances were that he was so embarrassed that he wouldn't ever want to see him again. As Ren became completely aware of this fact, sadness washed over him.

Ren quickly got up, glaring furiously at Ayako as he walked over to her, his hands and shoulders shaking with fury and sadness. "Sometimes," he hissed angrily, "you go too far, Aya-chan!" he didn't even care about the stares he was getting from the other people in the room right then, consumed by anger and regret. Ren was so close to slapping her, though refrained from it just in time. Without uttering any other word, he turned on his heals and stormed off, out of the host club, thick tears beginning to spill onto his cheeks. Ren knew it wasn't Ayako's fault. He knew it very well, as anyone who saw what happened would have realized it was an accident. Yet he didn't wish to blame the host, as he probably was as shocked as Ren. Ayako had been the one mentioning it all in the first place and possibly jinxing it. It was so much easier to push the blame on her, even if he knew it was wrong.

Now he'll probably never visit the otaku club and we won't exchange stories, either... Ren thought to himself sadly, feeling his chest tighten in, and I who thought I'd finally make a friend besides Aya... it was stupid of me being so delusional. Ren didn't know where he was going- all he knew was that he wanted to get away and preferably home. He was confused, embarrassed sad and angry, plus his thoughts constantly drifted back to that kiss, causing his heart to beat erratically. Stop it! It'll never happen again, never!. The only thing he wanted to do right then was to bury himself in a hole, never come out and drown his sorrows in manga. Unfortunately, his driver wouldn't arrived until later, and it was too far a distance for him to walk home. He didn't have any means to get home the way commoners usually did, either.

Maybe I could write him a letter, apologizing for everything, he thought as he sniffled, wiping his tears with the dress sleeve in an attempt he tried to calm down. One thing was for sure. He wouldn't be able to show up at the host club again... or so he at least thought at the time.

2bfVkaA.gif

Gladis:

Breath in, Breath out, Breath in, Breath out

Nanami repeated the mantra inside his mind. He lifted his head and inspected his reflection. His amethyst irises reflected a disarray of emotions - pain, sadness, anger, regret, fear. His skin seemed paler, losing his healthy glow. He looked broken. Nanami loathed staring at his reflection. This was his true face. Behind his fortified mask, a fragile soul lived with various insecurities. He wasn't perfect. He wasn't strong, confident, or brave. It was easy portraying those emotions. He spent three years perfecting his acting. A manipulative abomination didn't deserve affection. Despite his athletic physique, Nanami wasn't a fighter. He doubted he could defend himself properly, let alone another person. "Why would a coward like you even care?" a voice jeered. Nanami closed his eyes. He couldn't stand it anymore. Only his little brother seen his true side. Looking at the mirror reminded him that on the outside, everyone saw a brilliant, charismatic host. They didn't think to look between the lines. It sickened him how simple-minded those girls were. If his father forced him in an arrange marriage, it most likely will involve a controlling, snobby heiress. He didn't want a loveless marriage. He didn't want to become a Doctor. He didn't want to be an aristocrat anymore!

"You don't have the strength to stand up against him. Why would you? Selfish, selfish, selfish. Only thinking about yourself. If you left, what will happen to Shizuku? Do you want him to become heir?" a voice hissed.

"No," Nanami rasped. A shudder surged down his spine. He couldn't let that happen. Nanami refused to allow his father corrupt Shizuku. He may be a terrible person, but he loved Shizuku dearly. He would muster up all his strength to protect his brother's dream. If it meant years of torture, Nanami didn't care. "I deserve this fate," he whispered bitterly. A fleeting chortle escaped his lips. Nanami stepped back. He lifted his wrist and checked the time. A total of twenty minutes passed since his unexpected departure. He couldn't disappoint his customers. The Host Club would lose appeal and profit if one of the most respective members abandoned his customers. Happiness was their first priority. After Nanami washed his face, he fixed his hair. He slipped into his signature mask, hiding his inner turmoil. He produced a wide smile, but it lacked emotion. "You're not homosexual," he declared. Nanami walked out of the bathroom. Before he walked down the North corridor, a sound alerted him. A small frown marred his lips. What was that? His heart filled with genuine curiosity. He turned left, heading towards the opposite direction. He sauntered down the hallway, moving closer to the source. A few minutes later, Nanami discovered Ren. His eyes widened slightly.

"Why are you crying? Did something happen?" Nanami drawled. A twinge of concern circulated through his guarded eyes. He stepped closer, observing the distressed cross dresser. His mantra surfaced inside his mind. "You like girls. You're heterosexual. You aren't attracted to him," he thought stubbornly. A small, polite smile painted his lips. He retrieved a handkerchief from his blazer pocket. He offered it to Ren. "I suggest changing out of your disguise if you plan on leaving," he advised gently. His instincts screamed to run. He spent a solid twenty minutes denying everything. How could he face the object of his turmoil? Nanami didn't blame Ren. It wasn't his fault. However, it wasn't easy interacting with him, not when he was developing a crush. His rational side couldn't deny the minor attraction. However, that dark voice inside his mind begged to differ.

"It's all your fault. So selfish."

• Love
Reactions: TheGDeer and Gladis
"Why are you crying? Did something happen?"

Ren blinked as she heard a familiar voice, glancing up wearily at Nanami. Great, and now he of all people finds me crying... I seem to appear my pathetic by the second. He blushed bright red, feebly trying to find his voice while figuring how to go about all this. Just my typical luck. He thought to himself as he stared at Manami for a moment, unsure how to handle it. Instantly the feelings of when they'd kissed surfaced again, and he blushed even more, stumbling half a step back as his heart raced. I didn't like it, I definitely didn't like it... he tried convincing himself, but to little avail.

"I-I... I'm sorry!" he exclaimed suddenly, bowing exceedingly low as he pressed his eyes shut, "I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused. I won't visit the host club again so you needn't worry," he said, lifting his head to look up at Manami with his large golden orbs, tears again threatening in his eyes. I'm not gay, I'm not gay, I'm not gay, I'm not gay, I'm not gay...

"I suggest changing out of your disguise if you plan on leaving."

He wiped his eyes with the handkerchief Manami handed him so kindly, sniffling before saying quietly, his voice barely above a whisper. "I know, I want to change out of this stupid dress as soon as possible," he paused briefly before adding softly, "but I'm afraid I'd faint in the process. I think I've got low blood sugar or something- I haven't eaten much today and my pulse is really, really high. I can feel my heart go badump, badump, badump, a-and I feel a little dizzy," Ren mumbled, pulling off the wig wearily. He was wearing a t-shirt and shorts beneath the dress, so he could practically just have taken it off then and there, but that felt a little stupid. Especially if someone saw him. Then again, even if they did it possibly didn't matter. After Ayako's interference people would be idiots if they didn't make the connection.

It was no lie that he was feeling wobbly on his feet, though there was no doubt that it had to do with more than just low blood sugar. Solely gazing into Manami's beautiful eyes made his cheeks flush and caused a tingly, warm sensation spread through every fiber of his body. Those deep pools of amethyst, harboring so many unspoken thoughts, secrets and emotions, Ren couldn't help but still feel curious about Manami, even after all that had happened.

Last edited:

"I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused. I won't visit the host club again so you needn't worry."

His heart constricted painfully. A cold smile plastered on his face. "Am I that disgusting?" he inquired gently. His stomach twisted in knots. His assumption was correct. Ren was disgusted with him. After that performance, Nanami wasn't surprised. Why should he visit a place where he was kissed by a boy? By a host, nonetheless? Nanami didn't blame Ren for that desire. If he was in Ren's shoes, he would of felt the same way. Despite acknowledging the decision, why did he feel bittersweet? Why was his heart twisting with sadness? Nanami could care less. He wasn't attracted to Ren. They weren't business partners or friends. He buried those feelings deep inside his heart. His amethyst irises reflected no emotion. "If that's what you truly desire, it was nice to meet you," he murmured. Nanami instinctively stepped forward, grasping Ren's arm. He noticed the boy's wobbly movement. It would be rude of him if he left Ren in this state. He didn't want the poor boy to faint alone. Nanami maintained his guarded mask. A smile painted his lips, but it never reached his eyes.

He guided Ren towards a nearby bench. "You should sit down," he advised politely. Nanami gently pushed Ren on top of the bench. He retrieved a sucker from his pocket. "This will raise your sugar levels. I'm afraid I don't have something more satisfying to indulge," he informed. After he offered the sucker to Ren, Nanami stepped back. He lifted his wrist and inspected his watch. "I suggest calling your chauffeur to pick you up. You're in no condition to continue any further club activities," he pointed out. Once he lowered his wrist, Nanami faced the direction of the North corridor. He needed to return to the Host Club. A half hour passed since his unexpected departure. He couldn't neglect his responsibilities. "If I'm not invited to the Otaku club anymore, I understand. I don't think I'm going to be welcomed," he added absentmindedly.

"You're disgusting. This is all your fault. Coward," a voice sneered. His hands curled into fists. He struggled to shove that voice back in the deep crevices of his psyche. Now wasn't the time to break his mask.

"I apologize for earlier. My clumsiness has caused you enough trouble," he finished. Nanami averted his attention towards Ren. He bowed respectively. "Thank you for your visit. It was interesting," he admitted.

• Love

"Am I that disgusting?"

Ren's eyes went wide like saucers. That was definitely not what he had meant. Furiously shaking his head, he stuttered out, "N-no! Of course not!" he exclaimed before he could stop himself, "you're a lovely person and you treated me so kindly even after you admitted you knew who I was; I would never think of you as disgusting!" Ren insisted, his words genuine, "I just don't want to cause you any trouble. Because I figured you'd be uncomfortable a-after," he averted his gaze nervously, fidgeting with his sleeve again, "I'm a boy, after all..." he said, blushing.

"If that's what you truly desire, it was nice to meet you."

The cold edge in Nanami's voice stung. Ren could see right through that mask, instantly regretting every word he had spoken. This was definitely not what he had meant. He hadn't realized that his words had been offensive, and spoken them in an attempt to make things better... only to fail miserably. And this is why I usually only hang out with 2D characters. A voice in his head said somewhat sulkily. Most of him, however, was afraid of what would happen next. He was afraid that if he opened his mouth and said anything more, it would come out wrong again, and just make things even worse than they already were.

Despite having been hurt by Ren's clumsy choice of words, Manami still opted to help him. Ren was surprised to say at least, and though he was very grateful for him guiding him over to the bench and sitting him down, it only made the blonde first year feel even guiltier. He even handed him a sucker, which Ren accepted politely, his hands trembling as he gripped the candy.

"This will raise your sugar levels. I'm afraid I don't have something more satisfying to indulge. I suggest calling your chauffeur to pick you up. You're in no condition to continue any further club activities."

Ren gulped, cringing as Nanami spoke. Despite the polite words it was almost as though he could feel the hurt behind them. No, no, no, no... this is going totally the wrong way.

"Thank you for the sucker," he finally said softly before giving a slight, sad nod of his head at his suggestion. His heart felt heavy and another sort of dizziness was washing over him now. In fact, he felt so sad he thought he'd sink through the floor right then.
"I-I...will..." he couldn't speak properly, his voice thick with emotion. He didn't want to part ways with what he'd though might become his friend like this. It didn't feel right.

"If I'm not invited to the Otaku club anymore, I understand. I don't think I'm going to be welcomed. I apologize for earlier. My clumsiness has caused you enough trouble. Thank you for your visit. It was interesting."

W-wah?! Shock was written all across his features as he registered the meaning Nanami's words. Taking a deep breath, he suddenly grasped the hosts hand tightly, his eyes narrowed in a deep frown. "You've got it all the wrong way, moron," he said, suddenly sounding a lot more confident, and maybe a little annoyed, "I said I wouldn't come here anymore because I thought I was making you nervous. Not because I'm disgusted by you. You're still welcome to visit the otaku club whenever you like. The kiss was an accident, and everyone who saw what happened would know that. I don't hold it against you," he said firmly, refusing to let go of Nanami's hand. It was what kept his own hands from shaking.

"Know what?" he asked pulling out a small sheet of paper from his pocket with his free hand, "I'll even give you my email address. You make of it whatever you want, b-but..." he trailed off, suddenly not so confident anymore. He knew he needed his right hand to write it down, but he didn't want to let go... he was also aware of that Nanami needed to go back to the host club, which was what eventually convinced him to let go of his hand with a deep sigh. Then he quickly scribbled down his email address and held it out to Nanami, a weak smile on his lips, "I won't hold you up any longer, since I know you need to go back. You're lucky, otherwise I'd have held a long speech about how ridicules the two of us are acting..."

Ren paused briefly before saying with a weak smile. "I never imagined a guy would steal my first kiss." he admitted with a soft, slightly nervous laugh. "at least you're a hot guy."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sinopa and TheGDeer

"You've got it all the wrong way, moron."

A slender hand grasped his own, causing him to jump. He wasn't expecting contact. His eyes widened slightly. He gazed upon Ren's golden eyes. Suddenly, his throat felt dry. He was speechless. Ren wasn't disgusted with him? He didn't blame him for everything? Nanami bit his lip. He admired the confidence Ren conveyed. He envied that quality. Despite his appearance, Nanami was certain that Ren was passionate about his abilities. He didn't seem the type that cared about status, let alone appearance. Did that mean he defied his parent's expectations? His heart fluttered in response. Ren was everything Nanami wasn't. He blinked at the sheet of paper. A light blush dusted his cheeks. He grasped the piece of paper, staring at the email address. His expression softened. A warm, genuine smile painted his lips. His first friend. "T-thank you," he murmured softly. Nanami folded it and stored it inside his blazer pocket. He produced a purple gel pen and jotted his email on a napkin. He handed the piece to Ren. "This is my personal, private email. It's best not to lose it," he advised. After he pocketed his pen, Nanami bowed to Ren one last time.

"I've neglected my responsibilities long enough. Stay safe Ren-san," Nanami declared. It dawned on him he wasn't aware of Ren's last name. He didn't mean to sound informal. However, Nanami didn't have time. He needed to return to the Host Club. He had thirty minutes before closing time. A part of him hoped his customers weren't too angry. He didn't want to ruin the Club's reputation for his incompetence. Nanami sauntered down the North corridor, leaving Ren at the bench. A few minutes later, he entered the Third Music Room. His arrival garnered several stares, but Nanami ignored his audience. He walked towards his table. A polite smile plastered on his face.

"I sincerely apologize for my absence, ladies. A damsel needed my assisstance," Nanami lied smoothly. He sat down on the couch. "For a token of your patience, today's session will be free of charge," he added. Entertainment wasn't free. Every customer was expected to pay the entrance fee. Additional specialties were often charged, but Nanami wasn't in charge of profit.

"You're such a gentleman, Tsukuyomi-san! We're not mad at you," a second year assured. His customers quickly agreed. He suppressed the urge to chuckle. In this type of situation, Nanami was grateful his regulars consisted of complete airheads. To be frank, he wasn't interested in those typ of women. However, happiness was a host's first priority. He couldn't risk losing his customers. As a result, Nanami buried those feelings deep inside his heart.

Last edited:
  • Love
Relief washed over Ren as that lovely warm smile of Manami's returned, causing his heart to flutter a little again. He wanted his senpai to smile like that always. It was a kind smile, a smile he could get used to. He was also sure that he never, absolutely never, ever wished to experience cold Manami again, either. It had been terrifying and heart shattering at the same time. A faint blush tinted his cheeks as the weight lifted from his chest and happiness surged through him instead.

"T-thank you."

Ren's expression lit up as Manami produced a pen and jotted down his email address on a handkerchief, handing it to him. His expression was one of excitement as he accepted it with a broad grin. Okay, this didn't end so bad after all... gosh, I think this has been the most eventful hour of my life. He thought to himself.

"This is my personal, private email. It's best not to lose it."

"I promise with all my heart I won't!" he assured instantly, subconsciously pressing the handkerchief against his chest. This time when Nanami bowed, Ren returned the bow, giving a small nod of his head. "You stay safe too, Nanami... I'll message you later," he said confidentially before adding, "see you around!" he hadn't even noticed that Nanami was calling him by his first name, and had yet to realize that he never shared his last name with him.

Once Nanami was out of sight, Ren quickly dashed off towards the main staircase, hurrying down until he reached the obsolete room of the otaku club. It was safest to change in there, after all, and preferably before Ayako came back to make a nuisance of the earlier events. It didn't take Ren a particularly long time to switch to his normal clothes (since he would be heading home now soon anyway he didn't see any point in changing back to the school uniform). Taking out his lenses took slightly longer, and he was glad when the familiar feel of his glasses resting on his nose returned. He didn't instantly call his chaufuer, but instead spent about twenty minutes sitting under the table located in the middle of the room, hugging the handkerchief as he recounted the recent events. "Definitely one of the most eventful hours in my life..." he murmured to himself, burying his face in the handkerchief.

Eventually he pulled out his phone, just about to dial the number to his mothers manager (who was sort of like an extra parent to him) when he hesitated. Instead of doing what he originally intended, he opened his emails and typed in the email address he had been given by Nanami.

Thank you for...

Ren frowned, shaking his head before he'd even written what he was thankful for. Smiling sounds damn silly. What should I put, what should I put, what should I put...?

Thank you for today.

"No, I can't put that. It would sort of sound weird considering all that happened..." Sighing, Ren deleted the entire message, thinking hard as he tried to figure out what to write.

Thank you for treating me so kindly today. I would probably he freaked out and made a complete fool of myself, hadn't you been there. As I mentioned earlier, the doors of the otaku club are always open for you. However... if you're worried about appearances or that Ayako would be creepy, we could perhaps hang out sometime outside of school?

//Katsuragi Ren

Ren's frown deepened as he hesitated. Would it sound creepy if I sent him this after the kiss? I mean... Shit! Lost in his thoughts, Ren accidentally pushed the send button. "Damn it! I don't even know if this is alright," he cursed, chewing his button lip. "Oh well, too late to change it now. No use crying over spilled milk..." he told himself, sighing deeply. Then he finally dialed the number to the manager, pushing the call button and then patiently waiting for him to pick up at the other end. A few moments later, he did.

"What is it, Ren-kun? Don't you still have club activities?"

Rin Suzuku's voice sounded through the loud speaker as he answered the phone.

"Nuh-huh... we're quitting early. I'm not feeling too well." Ren replied.

There was a brief silence before the manager spoke again. "You sound like the exact opposite. I've never heard you so... chipper before," he pointed out, doubt evident in his otherwise calm voice, "did something good happen?" now there was a hint of curiosity.

Ren blushed. "N-no.... " he half lied, "could you just please send someone to get me, Rin? Pretty please?" he pleaded wearily, not wanting to go into any details right then. Rin would figure it out sooner or later anyway. Or at least most of it, and the rest Ren was likely to tell him at some point- just not right then.

Rin sighed. "Very well, but we need to talk when you get home. That package you had deli-"

Whatever he had meant to say never reached Ren, as he cut him off with a gleeful "Thank you! See you later then," before ending the conversation. A sigh of relief escaped him. He'd have to deal with that package thing when he got home later as well. Ren slipped his phone back into his pocket and then crawled out from under the table. Glancing around briefly, he made sure no one was there before he snuck over to their boxes filled with manga. He eyed each one of them carefully, searching for a specific one...

"Ah! There is is!" he took down the box marked 'Ayako's Treasure: DO NOT PEAK OR I WILL MURDER YOU!', shamelessly opening it. "I'm sure she won't notice..." he tried to convince himself as he picked four random volumes or some manga and slipped it into his school bag. He didn't know what they were about, nor did he pay much attention to their covers. He didn't even know if they belonged to the same series or not. All he knew was that they were bound to be yaoi or shounen ai. Once he was done, he put her box back in exactly the same place where it had been before. He'd return the manga tomorrow anyway, and she hadn't checked that box in a long time, as far as he was aware of.

Feeling only a little guilty, Ren excited the club room and started making his way outside, as a car would soon be waiting for him there. He didn't even know why he was 'borrowing' them. It had just been a strange impulse following the earlier events.

2bfVkaA.gif

@Gladis:

Nanami poured a customer a cup of tea. After he placed the teapot on the tray, his phone buzzed. He retrieved his device from his blazer pocket. He flipped it open, navigating to his email. A faint smile painted his lips. He read the message briefly before closing his cellphone and pocketing it. He made a mental note to reply after club activities. It would be rude if he texted during a session. His customers were his first priority. Nanami contemplated on the text silently. What happened if someone saw him enter the club? He couldn't risk his father finding out. The Academy was full of gossipers. On the other hand, he wanted to attend. He was genuinely curious. Nanami wondered if members were allowed to bring merchandise home. His brother possessed a limited supply of anime items. He was certain Shizuku would adore a new manga to read.

"Look at you, already forgetting what happened. Do you really think he wants to see you? He's just pitying you," a voice sneered.

Nanami conversed with his customers politely.

"He doesn't really care. He's just using you. No one can be trusted here," it pointed out.

His grip on his tea cup tightened. Nanami attempted to distract himself by offering another request. His customers instantly gushed, accepting immediately. Nanami recited another poem. However, it wasn't as playful as his previous verse. However, the girls swooned, moved by his performance. He wondered if he would receive a new batch of regulars this year. A part of him wished they weren't complete airheads. After three years of hosting, it wasn't hard to please his customers. He wanted a challenge. Albeit, the majority of the female population was daft, not every girl swooned instantly. From time to time, he received male customers, but they didn't linger. Nanami lifted his wrist and inspected the time. Relief washed over him. It was ten minutes from closing time. Nanami averted his attention towards his customers. A gentle smile adorned his face.

"I'm afraid it's close to closing time, miladies," Nanami announced.

A few girls pouted. "Aww, we wanted to hear more performances," a first year mused.

"Yeah! We didn't get to hear you play the ocarina. That's my favorite," a second year agreed.

A chuckle rumbled through his chest. His amethyst irises danced with mirth. "There's always tomorrow, my fair maidens. I'll start on your stories tonight. I'll be looking forward to handing them out by the end of the week," Nanami replied.

A few girls squealed. "Thank you Tsukuyomi-san!" they chorused. Five minutes later, his customers left. Nanami retrieved his cellphone from his blazer pocket. He flipped it open, navigated to his contacts, and composed a new message. He typed in a response,

I'm grateful I wasn't a burden. I'll keep that in mind. I'm not sure about your schedule, but I wouldn't mind setting up a outing after school. I'm not sure when I'll be able to attend the otaku club. Thank you for the invite, Katsuragi-san. You're always welcome to the Host Club.

//Tsukuyomi Nanami

Nanami pressed send. He snapped his phone shut and pocketed it. Nanami felt confident about his message, but his pessimistic side disagreed.

"You're nothing but a burden. Stop lying to yourself. He's only pitying you."

He ignored the voice. Nanami walked around the room, making final preparations before the Host Club was officially closed for today. He couldn't believe how fast time flew. He wasn't kidding when he stated today was interesting. It has been a long time since it was this eventful. He needed to discuss the first cosplay theme with other members. Theme days were more popular than regular. He wasn't bothered by dressing up.

• Love
Sora walked the ladies to the door with a smile smile. "Won't you come to talk with me again? I adore the sounds of your voices with all my heart." He asked kissing one young woman's hand. "Of course." They said and left. He chuckled and walked back to his table to clean up. "Today was a fine day." He said more to himself than anyone else.

Hinata got up and told Reizo that it was time for her to go she also gave him the idea that she wasn't sure who would be her main host since she was just a first year. He smiled with Shino and they both waved their goodbyes. Once she had left Reizo carefully began to put away the tea cups, snacks along with other items on the table. 'It will soon be time to discuss tomorrow's theme. I can't wait this will be lots of fun.' "Shino you did good today. I need to keep you out I bet for now on." Shino just stared for his reply. "Yeah I know you would love that. Okay we must go talk to the others." He walked to where he was told they would gather for the discussion of tomorrow's theme.

Ben nodded and walked towards a room that was adjoined to the host club, it was used more like a storage room then anything else. He closed the door behind him and then looked at the girl "Now, lets have a look at the eye shall we?" He said softly. Sure, the host club was closing for the day and there was no way Ben was gonna be the one to leave a customer in distress. Because then she would tell others and eventually it would get back to Nanami and then, well, Ben didn't want to think about being yelled at by a third year.

He brought her to a sort of storage room, 'How shady of him' though she. Ren smiled, covering her right eye "Ok... but let's make this our little secret please...?" she asked unsure, sitting on a chair left there "As I don't have a mirror, you should help me with my contact... I just ask of you not to freak out... oh and I don't think that first aid kit would be usefull" she smiled again and looked up to him, opening her eye "Ouch" she cried, forcing herself to keep it open. on her iris there were two colors a green broken contact slipped uncovering her real lilac colored one. It was really red and it hurt a lot but she endured it, waiting for him to freak out and to go away horrified, leaving her there, alone... as everyone else did. Her eyes were a secret only her parents and brother knew, even if she loved them, she had to cover that 'strange thing' as a maid's child used to call it. The maid never knew and they were transferred to some other branch of the family.
"Please... do" she said blushing lightly.

Ben nodded "I do love secrets you know." he said with a sly smile and when she moved her contact he raised an eyebrow. "That's a cool lookinge eye, why do you cover it?" He asked genuiently confused. He shrugged and then slowly helped take out the contact, "Do you want an eye patch? If you don't want others to see your eye without the eye patch i mean. Plus it might be a good idea not to put anything in that eye for awhile" He said slowly. He nodded and laughed slightly "Yeah, i dont think the med kit is gonna help much"

Ren blushed and lowered her gaze. It was the first time someone called it 'cool' not even her brother (who simply didn't mentioned it very much) "You're saying it just because you're a host and this is your job but... thank you. Yes, please, an eyepatch should suffice... my driver will freak out" she laughed gently, covering her mouth with a finger "I don't really like them exposed... Not everyone would call them cool... you know... most of them would call them freaky... and I like them, I don't want them to be called freaky" her smile turned to a sad one as she lowered her voice ending the sentence. She put on the eyepatch in an embarassing silence... she almost didn't want to talk, just to preserve the atmosphere. She didn't want to breack that soothing air, for the first time in ages she could talk about her eyes... Even so she thanked him again. "Thank you very much, I'm fine now and you should go back to the club, after all" she smiled a melancholic smile and excused herself: "I have to go. Thank you again... and again, I guess" She got up chuckling softly.

Ben smiled "Just because i'm a host doesn't mean I can't be nice out of my job." He raised an eyebrow "Really? People would call it freaky? I think it looks cool, not everyone has lilac eyes, it makes you unique." He said with a grin. He had enjoyed helping this girl, she wasn't his customer so he didn't have to flirt with, he could actually have a real conversation with her. Even if it was just about her eyes. "No problem m'lady, it was my pleasure to help you. and do come again, i'm sure you would love it here. My name is Ben by the way, in case i haven't said so before." He said and got up. There would be a meeting now and since the girl was taken care of, he believed he should probably go to it. He opened the door and propped it open so that the girl could leave when she was ready before heading over to the group.

"Just because i'm a host doesn't mean I can't be nice out of my job. Really? People would call it freaky? I think it looks cool, not everyone has lilac eyes, it makes you unique." her heart started to pound a bit faster 'It surely is because he thinks my eyes are cool' "They're not both lilac you know... that is the freaky thing" she laughed gently "You're a strange one Host-sama"
"No problem m'lady, it was my pleasure to help you. and do come again, i'm sure you would love it here. My name is Ben by the way, in case i haven't said so before." she just noticed they didn't introduce themselves "Well then, Ben-sama have a good day" she said with a smile that reached her eyes, well at least the unpatched one. She bowed politely and started walking in the hallway. She still didn't know if she would attend the host club again, she made a lot of enemies already and almost kidnapped a host... exposed her secret all in half an hour... maybe she wouldn't have come back... oooh but they had teas... "I'm Kannagi, Kannagi Ren"

Status
Not open for further replies.