Ouran High School Host Club (1 spot left!)

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the mention of Tamaki's whereabouts, the twins were immediately drawn to Haruhi's side, mischievous smiles spread wide over both of their identical faces. Hikaru stood over the girl's left shoulder, while Kaoru took the right. Or perhaps it was the other way around. It didn't matter though, being as it may, for Haruhi could somehow tell them apart, even when they honestly tried to make her guess wrong. One of the reasons why-
"The Boss is having a bit of trouble getting into..." they're eyes seemed to momentarily flash as they glanced at one another, silently asking the other for the correct word, "character." They finished together, wide smiles spread across their face. "He should be here soon, but he's going to be late today."

Haruhi sighed. "Okay. You two aren't messing around with his costume, are you? Hikaru? Kaoru?" she questioned, looking at Hikaru when she said his name, and Kaoru when she said his name. "Well?"

Michi glanced up momentarily in thought as Haruhi was speaking to the twins. She looked at Mori this time. "Do they always act like this?" She didn't want to mess with Honey at the moment, who she was amazed could devour so much cake. This was like, his third piece, wasn't it?

A look of surprise dawned their faces at Haruhi's suspicious tone and immediate understanding of what must have happened. Close to it, anyway. Yet they stiffened just a little when she said their names with confidence. "Nous?" they cried in defence, shaking their hands in the negative like a wave goodbye. They substituted the usual expression 'moi', meaning me or I for the numerous term, 'nous', meaning us or we. "No, no, no, no. How could you think so little of us that you would believe we did it on purpose?" they questioned back, acting insulted. A sly smile was the most obvious clue that perhaps, just maybe, the mistake in the costume delivery hadn't been all that accidental afterall.

Mori

"Yes," Takashi answered smiling fondly as he watched his friends. Then realizing that Michi was watching Mitsukuni eat with out having anything herself he uttered continued. "Would you like something?"

Kyouya

Kyouya smirked slightly as he watched the twins deflect the blame for the costume mixup. He knew exactly what had happened and exactly who the responsible party was, but it was much more fun to let the others figure it out for themselves. He also knew that this time Tamaki deserved to be the but end of the joke and he wasn't about to interfere. Tamaki was a member of the Suou family after all. He should be able to handle a small thing like this.

"I suppose we should open without him," Kyouya stated as he checked the clock and rose to his feet. "We don't want to keep the customers waiting too long." he looked across the room at the newcomer. "Michi-san, We have to open the club now, If you want to hide somewhere else I can give you a bit of time to do so. Or you are perfectly welcome to stay. The rest of us should be enough to deflect the attention from you."

Haruhi rolled her eyes. "Whatever. It's not nice." she said, putting the silver tray on the table it was supposed to be on and sat at her place, smoothing out her skirt.

Michi shook her head in reply to Mori. "No thank you.." She looked at Kyoya. "I..I guess I'll stay.." He was right, with these people, the girls should be ignorant of her. She crossed her fingers under the table, begging they wouldn't notice her...but she was doubtful.

At Haruhi's dismissive tone and statement, they turned away without so much as a word. Tamaki would find some way to say them back later, one way or another. That was a certainty, but the twins cared little for what their King was most likely brewing up for them as he waited in the changing room for his correct costume to arrive. It couldn't be that bad, right? They disregarded the ideas that were forming in their own minds about how he might come about it, standing in front of the closed, cherry wood, double doors and looked around the club to make sure that everyone was ready. This was usually Tamaki's job, but it was understandable that the task was now falling on their shoulders. Honey was being cute, Mori was being silent, Kyouya is seriously intelligent, Haruhi was Haruhi and the newcomer was, well, new. With a small nod of reassurance, or perhaps warning, towards the group, they each took one of the doors and simultaneously opened it, bowing to the clusters of girls as they entered. "Welcome, fair maidens, to the Ouran Highschool Host Club!"

Mori
It wasn't long before the usual group of girls surrounded Takashi Honey, and Michi at the table where Honey was eating his cake. Takashi, in true gentlemanly fashion, gave up his chair, poured the tea, and served the guests their chosen snack, all with a smile and a certain gentleness that anyone who had seen him practicing the sword earlier would never have expected him capable of displaying. No one asked him to say anything, and not seeing an actually need to speak he remained silent the entire time.
Still, he kept one eye on Michi. Not because Kyouya had confirmed his suspicions about the person's secret, but because Michi seemed to be so quiet and shy that Takashi felt an instinctive sort of protectiveness towards them. Much like he felt for Honey, or one of the stray animals he was always taking in.
Kyouya
Kyouya smiled slipping in to his host's mask as the girls entered the room. Those who designated a specific host made their way to that person while others looked around the room and the costumed men with awe."Welcome, Ladies, To our medieval fair. Whether you await your prince charming or your white knight, we are here to serve." Kyouya smiled charmingly as he adjusted his glasses. "Unfortunately the king of our festivities is indisposed at the moment," he told Tamaki's forlorn looking customers, "Perhaps in the meantime you will be satisfied with me?"

Last edited:
Michi shifted uncomfortably, biting her lip. She kept her head down, hoping not to be noticed.

Haruhi's guests sat beside her and on the couch across from her. None of them minded that she was a girl, they talked non-stop to her, and she just listened, nodding every once in a while. They didn't give her time to speak or react to anything, which made them so happy because Harhuhi looked contented.

A girl ran up behind Michi to speak to Honey, but saw Michi and squealed. "Oh..My..Gosh! Hunnnnyyyyy! Who's your new friend! He looks so...dark!" she giggled. A few others gathered behind her, Tamaki's fans, who by now were disappointed Tamaki hadn't already showed.

Hikaru and Kaoru waited patiently with identical smiles as the girls entered, heads bowed with their eyes peeking up almost playfully from beneath the bells on their hats. When they believed that the majority of the girls had entered, they straightened from their bows and went over to the three seater couch that they normally dominated throughout entertaining their customers. A few, quite new girls were shyly hiding behind long lashes, sitting beside the more regular girls who requested them any more frequent occasion, clearly curious to see what this club their friends were always talking about was. "I-Is it true that you both design the clothes for the club activities?" one of them asked timidly. Hikaru smiled easily from beside his brother.
"Yes, that's right."
"We've been doing such activities since we were quite young."
Hikaru's eyes seemed to soften some after the comment, looking over towards Kaoru with a secretive smile. "...and other things," he added, softer than a whisper. It was enough to turn some of the girls red in the face as they clutched one anothers' arms in suspense of what they knew would be Kaoru's squeal worthy response. "D-don't, you'll embarrass me," he half whined, eyes pleading up at his older brother, who's smile only grew more seductive at some fond memory. "Maybe I want to embarrass you, you do look quite cute when you're flustered." This in turn made the younger twin blush a good deal, looking away from his brother come his clear show of current embarrassment. The movement was quickly halted as Hikaru raised his fingers to his brother's chin and raised his eyes to meet his. "Eeeeeeeek!" the girls exclaimed, covering their mouth with half beating fans or gloved fingers. They allowed the 'brotherly love' to continue on for some moments more until it calmed down enough so that the new girls could ask more polite inquiries.

A girl sits beside Michi. She reaches up and gently touches her face. Michi froze, her eyes widening in fear and surprise. For mere seconds she stops breathing before slumping slightly in the chair, her head down, eyes closed.

Haruhi notices this strange reaction. "Excuse me ladies. I really need to help a friend.." She stood. The girls parted, squealing as Haruhi knelt beside Michi. She shook her shoulders, but Michi didn't react. The girls around thought this was part of the act. they all gasped. "Oh no...what's going on? so adorable.." they whispered to each other.
Haruhi looked at Kyoya. "Kyoya-san...we...have a problem."

Mori

But Takashi was already there. Pulling the chair away from the table as Haruhi checked on their newest friend. Slowly, gently he reach a hand up to the side of Michi's neck searching for a pusle and sighing with relief when he found that it was not nearly so erratic as he feared.

"Fainted," he said simply as Kyouya abandoned his own customers and approached looking worried. Takashi had seen it happen in the dojo whenever one of the students over exerted themselves or failed to drink enough water.
"Infirmary?" He suggested to his fellow club members.

"You take Michi." Kyouya answered beginning to dial his phone, "I'll call the nurse and give her a heads up. Somebody get the door please."

Takashi lifted Michi from the chair as if she weighed absolutely nothing and began to carry her from the room.

Kyouya
Kyouya stared after them feeling concern. He had noticed Michi's nervous condition when she entered, he really should have payed more attention, perhaps he could have prevented the scene. Still, now it seemed like he had to shift into damage control mode. The girls were beginning to crowd the area all clamoring to know what had happened and if everyone was OK. Now would be the perfect time for the Host Club "King" to arrive. He could easily distract everyone with his usual antics. Where was Tamaki when they needed him. Surly his best friend could have just changed back into his regular cloths and joined them that way!

"Haruhi," He said calmly keeping all emotion from his voice as he finished telling the nurse what to expect and hung up his pone, "let see if we can't get every one calmed down a bit."

Haruhi nodded, standing. "Okay Kyoya-san. Could everyone sit down?" she asked calmly. she did well with emotion. The girls sat down and Haruhi passed some warm tea around. "It's okay, everyone is fine." she reassured people with a smile.

Michi stayed limp in Mori's arms, but the closer they got to the nurse's office, the closer she came to reviving. Just as they approached the door, her eyes flutter open. "What..did...why..." her sentences would not complete themselves. She shivered.

Kyouya

"I wish Mori-senpai would carry me away like that!" one of the girls sighed. This pronouncement was followed by several squeals from the others and Kyouya repressed the urge to roll his eyes. It seemed that Michi's fainting spell had only helped the club this time, which was fortunate for the person in question. And he had to admit that Haruhi was doing a wonderful job distracting the guests even though they were now two hosts short.

Mori

"You fainted," Takashi explained as he shifted the girl slightly so he could open the door. "This is the nurse's office."
Inside the nurse was waiting looking very relieved to find that Mich had woken up already. Takashi smiled reassuringly as he set her on her feet, though he kept one hand at her back in case she stumbled.

The nurse took Mich into another room and as he waited, because he was not about to leave a girl on her own after a fainting spell, Takashi began removing the armor he was wearing piece by piece and set it aside in a neat pile revealing the loose brown pants and long-sleeved cotton shirt he had on beneath. Neither item of clothing was what he would wear normally, but it beat waiting in full armor.

Haruhi refrained from chuckling at one of the girl's comment about Mori. She left momentarily to refill the pitcher with tea.
When she returned, she returned to her place and sat the silver tray on the table. Everyone seemed calm now..and her 'fans' gathered around her again. She managed a smile as they began talking about how she was sweet to worry about the girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh.." She said quietly. As he set her on her feet, she held her arms down, but her palms faced the ground until she regained her balance, seconds before the nurse came in and dragged her away. In the room, the nurse asked her several questions.

"Do you know why you fainted? Were you dehydrated? Overworked?"

Michi shook her head slightly. "No, I was just overwhelmed.."

"How do you feel? Dizzy? Sick? Tired?" The nurse was checking her heart rate and other vitals.

"No..just a little nervous."

The nurse blew the nerves off by assuming Michi was afraid of her. "Don't be afraid, I'm just here to help." she smiled brightly.

Michi sighed, but let her continue. Why did I accept the scholarship here again? she thought, then sighed in remembrance. Mom. She stood as the nurse finished. "Is that all?"

"Yes dear, but if you feel light-headed or tired, sick, dizzy, nauseous, come on back down."

Michi nodded. "Thank you.." she backed out of the door, and as she turned she noticed Mori had taken his armor off. "Oh..you stayed." she rubbed the back of her neck slightly. Her collar of her shirt had fallen off her face now and sat on her shoulders, like a turtle-neck was supposed to. She sighed. "Sorry if I caused a problem.." She kept her eyes on the floor and her voice low.

Mori

"No," Takashi started leaning forward in his seat trying to catch her eyes, or at least be on eye level with her. "It's all right. I wouldn't leave you alone here after . . ." He shrugged and sat up again watching her for a moment and measuring his words. He could and did speak when it was necessary, but he always wanted to be sure his words were taken correctly. Perhaps because so often he acted on instinct.
"Would . . . would you like to return to the club room? or somewhere else? - I have my car if you would like a ride home."

"Okay.." she said quietly. She sighed slightly, thinking over what to do. There's nothing at home to do except unpack the last boxes..I guess I can stay.. "I guess I'll stay." she paused. "If..if I won't be too much trouble." she added, nodding slightly to herself and watching the ground. She realized the neck of her shirt had fallen and she bit her lip. Her chin was not as rounded as a man's. It was pointed slightly and slender, obviously female's...which made it obvious why she wore the mask. She kept her gaze down, silently pulling the mask back up. She hoped no one noticed. Michi brushed a short, loose strand of hair back over her head.

Mori

Takashi smiled and nodded, took a minute to put his armor back on, and then held the door for Michi. he wanted to ask her what she was afraid of, but the poor girl looked so nervous that he refrained. Still, he kept an eye on her all the way back to the club.
When they reached the club room he poked his head around it to see that all activity seemed to be normal, before holding open for Michi to enter. He hoped it really would be alright to bring her here again.

Michi nodded, walking slowly out of the door. She walked beside him back to the club door. Once it opened, she closed her eyes a moment. There was no reaction at first, so she stepped inside, silent. When she looked up, a girl stood, looking at her curiously before walking over.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

Michi's hand was shaking. She put it in her pocket. "Y-yeah.." she said low and quiet.

"Okay..I'm Amanda." she smiled. "I come here often...are you going to join them?" She said, referring to the Host Club. "A lot of the girls seem to really like you."

Michi hesitated. "I..I don't..know."

She nodded. "Well, that's okay. I hope you do!" She hugged Michi.

Michi didn't seem as tense now. Amanda hadn't squealed and exploded as if a firework threw up. "How do you manage that?" She asked Mori quietly, looking up at him.

Haruhi had seen Michi and Mori return, but before she could react, she noticed Amanda had left her group. At least it's one of the calmer ones.. She thought to herself as she glanced at one of the girls, a newer girl, who asked why she worked here, if she was a girl. Haruhi shrugged, answering politely. "Because it's nice here."
All the girls sighed happily. That was apparently adorable in their eyes...Haruhi looked up at Michi again. She saw Amanda walk away, but decided not to approach Michi yet, to let her relax a little.

Tamaki sighed he didn't know what "this" was but it wasn't his outfit he quickly got dressed back into his school uniform and steeped outside noticing a new guest with his two friends

Michi turned as a door closed. "Who's that?" she mumbled quietly to herself, tensing again.

Haruhi noticed Tamaki entered. She hoped he wouldn't explode on Michi. That's the last thing she needs at the moment.. She looked at the guests around her with a polite smile, nodding slightly as they asked something. They squealed with laughter.

Tamaki's fans immediately surrounded him, squealing in happiness. "TAMAKI!!" one of them yelled. "Why aren't you in costume??"

Michi flinched as someone touched her shoulder. A squealing girl. Michi shifted away slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.