Our Police

• Thread starter SlamifiedBuddafied
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with police officers who do their job correctly and act the way they should act. Meaning, not jumping to conclusions and coming off aggressive before anything has been said or done.

The officers that I have a problem with are the ones who kill people at the drop of a hat when other methods could have been used to incapacitate them. I have a problem with officers who abuse their power and assault people, whether those people are innocent or not.

However, even if I do dislike corrupt or bias officers, I would never attack them or insult them or act aggressively towards them in turn, because that would be rude and for some officers that might give them a 'reason' to harm me.

I do not support the attacking or killing of officers, but I do think the ones that abuse their power and assault others should be tried to the full extent of the law or at least disciplined in some fashion.

I, myself have never been pulled over (probably because I can't drive) or approached by an officer. Save for a time when an officer told me to zip my coat up because it was cold outside. However if I were ever to be ordered to do something for an officer (exit the vehicle etc) I would do so without an qualm because I've never done anything illegal and I can never see myself carrying illegal substances or a weapon without a license (or a weapon at all).

Just wanted to toss my two cents in there. :3

Note: Police are human beings, there are smart ones, there are dumb ones.

Continue.

It's their goddamn job not to make mistakes
But they do, because like you, they are human. Statistics show you are more likely to kill someone in your car than any police officer is to mistakenly shoot and kill someone. Drivers are more likely to cause accidents that cause the loss of life, or run someone over. Should you be held to that same standard? Nope. Because you're human. Human's make mistakes, there is no such thing as a perfect driver, a perfect cop, or a perfect anything. And with that mentality, You make them un-human, you devalue them as being humans.

No one here is saying if they DO make that horrid mistake they shouldn't be faced with the same court of law of that You would face if you accidentally caused a loss of life due to your imperfect, mistake filled driving. You'd feel bad, you'd feel guilty, you'd feel sorry, and you'd feel remorse. Normal human nature dictates this.

They aren't any different. They are normal human beings with the same ability to make mistakes and suffer the same repercussions that you would if you were placed in the same situation.

Edit: The question remains on those officers that DO make these mistakes, how is it being handled by their respective police departments? Are they being charged? Or is it being swiped under the rug? I think looking at obvious police department corruption is the key here to limiting the amount of accidents that happen. Officers are often under-trained, under educated, and some how the testing used is insufficient. In the US, the average police officer only has a High school diploma and about 18 months of CJA training. I ask myself, is this really enough? And who's responsibility does this fall to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.