Our Journey (Lady Alainn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brannor shrugs, "I dunno. And I really don't know why they are celebrating." He says. "We need to find the elder of the village, they will know what to do." He adds. Malivore nods. "I know the elder quite well of this village. He will surely help us." He says and Brannor nods. Erlas just rolls his eyes at the sight of the Elves as they sang and danced. As well as feasted. All the singing and dancing he couldn't bear. He wasn't the festive type person. Drow elves didn't really have festivals like thier cousins. Malivore lead them to a rather large hut that was in the middle of the village. Malivore stops as well as the rest of the group. "Stay here." He says and gets off his horse. Palefur had stopped along side the horses. Malivore goes into the hut. "Ah, Malivore. So good to see you!" The elder elf says. "Indeed it is good to see you too, Ascal." Malviore says. "I have a party outside, may they come in?" He asks. Ascal takes a puff from his pipe and blows a smoke ring. "Of course they can! Any friends of yours are friends of mine!" He says. Malivore nods and then goes out of the hut. "You all may come in now." He says. Brannor nods and gets off his horse and goes into the hut. Palefur kneels down and lets Nym off so that if she decides she could go into the hut. Erlas sighs irritatedly and gets off his horse. And then goes into the hut. Now Malivore watches as Erie goes into the hut. "This is Brannor. Erequariel. And Erlas."The wizard says. And then he looks at them. "This is Ascal." He says. "Pleased to meet you too." He says and then looks around them. "And who is the little were fox?" He asks. "Her name is Nym." Malivore says and Ascal nods.

Nym was highly offended that Palefur wasn't named as one of the party. After all, it wasn't like he was just a mount like the horses! She pointed her nose high into the air with an indignant "Humph!" and refused to budge any closer to the party. If beasts weren't recognized then she wouldn't be either! It was a matter of pride, principle, and general teenage rebellion.

Erequariel recognized the problem immediately and stepped to the side as she gestured to the pair with a smile of friendship towards Nym. "This is Palefur. He joined our party not long after we set out." She then faced Ascal and drooped into a curtsey. "Thank you for receiving us so cordially. It is an honour, sir."

Reactions: 2 people
Ascal nods and then Malivore looks at his old friend. "We are going on a quest to stop a dragon. It's an dragon that does elemental magic and is very powerful. Do you have any advice or something we can use?" He asks. Ascal sits there and thinks about it and the nods. "Infact I do." He says as he gets up and grabs his walking can and goe over to some shelves. He begins to rummage through the shelves for something. "Aha!" He says and the pulls two pendants off the shelf. They were blue and had a glow to them. He turns to Erie and Malivore. "These pendants shall increase your magic by a tenfold or even more." He says and hands one to each of them. Malivore nods and puts it on. The Ascal goes back over to the shelves once more and pulls out two more pendants. He walks over to Palefur and Nym. "These pendants shall protect you and do much more than that." He says and Palefur takes the pendants from him. Then he looks at Brannor and Erlas, "I have weapons for you to use against the dragon. Please follow me." He says. And then he turns to Erie. "If you wish to have a weapon or two you should follow me too." He says to her and then geos out of the hut. Brannor follows after him and Erlas after Brannor. They follow him to another large hut, it was the armory. "I know the perfect weapons." Ascal says and goes in. Of course the Elves follow after him. Ascal stops in front of bows and arrows. And he picks up a quiver of arrows. "These are magic arrows as well as having a serrated heads. They will peirce even the thickest armor." He says and hands them to Brannor. He then looks at Erie and Erlas as well as Brannor. "All these swords and other weapons are enchanted, so pick one or two you wished to have." He says. Brannor nods and looks over the swords as well as Erlas. Brannor then found the right one for him. And then attaches it to his side. Erlas was still looking. And finally he chose his.

The Pendants:
Magic increase:
il_fullxfull.254955088.jpg
Protection:
GW08.jpg
Brannor's sword:
cool-concept-futuristic-medieval-and-fantasy-weapons-1dut.com-3.jpg

Erlas swords:
swords-elf-warrior-swords-fm-411.jpg

When Erie placed the pendant over her head, the emerald gems in her armbands glowed vibrantly as well as her eyes. "Thank you, sir" she said with a curtsey. Nym accepted her charm without complaint and sat holding it with her paws, staring at the intricate design. She had never owned anything nearly so pretty. Scrambling down to the floor, she held her paws up to Palefur for him to inspect and admire it as well. It didn't matter that his looked just like hers.

Erequariel followed Ascal, Brannor, and Erlas to the weapon stock and watched as they chose their weapons. She didn't find anything that suited her. "Would you happen to have a Blessed Chisel?" she inquired after perusing the blades, bows, and arrows. "I should like to carve runes upon my staff to enhance its properties."

Ascal nods, "In deed I do, back in my hut." He says to her. Soon they go back to his hut, where Malivore, Nym and Palefur were waiting for them. Ascal goes over to the shelves once again and began to rummage through them. "I know it's here somewhere...where did I put that thing? It's been so long since someone has used it." He says to himself and then finally finds it. "Aha! Here it is." He says and then turns and hands the chisel to Erie. Then he turns to Malivore. "My old friend. Why don't you and your group stay for the feast tonight as well as the rest of the celebration." He says. Malivore looks at him, "I do not know...." He says. "I insist on it! Come! Let's celebrate!" Ascal says and then leaves his hut. And then he comes back in, "And I shall find lodging for you and your group tonight as well. So come and have a little bit of fun!" He says and then leaves. Malivore could feel the eyes of the group upon him. He kneels down at Palefur and Nym's level. "Since we are staying here tonight for the festivities, you to can roam the near by forest, just don't get lost or get into trouble. Got it?" He asks. Palefur seems to nod and the scoops Nym up once again and runs off toward the forest, so that the two could play their own games and have their own fun. Malivore then looks at the rest. "Since he insisted, we shall join in on the festivities." He says and then leaves the hut. Brannor follows after with a smile upon his lips. Erlas on the other hand stayed in the hut, he didn't look happy about this. There was no way he was going to celebrate anything- especially with Elves.

Erequariel thanked Ascal for the chisel and followed the others out the door. While Malivore and the rest went in one direction towards the festivities, she stayed behind with the mounts and unpacked her quarterstaff from her saddle. She found a small boulder nearby to sit upon and began slowly carving runes into the woodwork-- glad to have such an excuse not to join in with the celebration just yet. While she was curious, she was also shy of large gatherings of people. There was a reason her little shoppe sat isolated from any village. Biting her bottom lip in concentration, she continued on with her task.

Since Erie was in the shade, Erlas decided to sit near her. He leaned against the tree with his arms crossed. It seemed no matter how many years of being on the surface, his eyes never really got used to the sun. That was the same with all drow elves who decided to make their home on the surface. He too wasn't really comfortable in large crowds. And he really didn't like festivities that well. Drows really didn't celebrate anything. "I can see that you are uncomfortable with large crowds. As well as I." He says to her. This was probably the first thing that he has ever said to her as well as probably the first nice thing he had said to anyone on this trip. He then takes off his mask, which was a first. It revealed that he had a rather handsome face. He had violet colored eyes, which were cold. He had a chiseled jaw line but he had a long scar going a cross his left eye, which was the only scar on his entire body. His long white mane hung in his face, so it covered up the scar quite nicely. Since it was rather warm out, which was another thing Erlas hated because he was used to the coolness of the underground, Palefur- having long fur- makes his way over to the shade where the two elven beings were and flops down next to Erlas. He was panting, with his tongue hanging out of the left side of his mouth. Nym was nestled on top of his shoulder area. Erlas gets up and goes over to his horse. He pulls a canteen out of one of the bags on his saddle as well as a bowl and walks back over to where Palefur was. He sits back down and pours some water in the bowl and then places it in front of Palefur, who instantly began to lap up the water. "Save some for Nym." Is all he says and then leans back against the tree.

"It isn't something I'm accustomed to," Erie admitted. "I've spent most of my life..." she held up her staff to inspect it in the sunlight, frowned slightly, and settled it back on her lap to correct a character "...in the company of trees." She chuckled softly, "They aren't exactly the most talkative creatures in the world." Her eyes were focused only on her work, however she did catch movement coming from Erlas out of the corner of her eye. "How long have you lived on the surface?" she inquired in a friendly, conversational tone while Erlas watered their furry companions.

Erlas nods as he listens to what she was saying. "I've only lived on the surface for a few years maybe about 5 years tops." He says to her. "And no matter how long I've lived up here, my eyes still can get used to the sunlight. Guess it's because of the darkness of the underdark." He says. Palefur curled up next to Erlas, still panting as he tried to rest. A figure started appearing on the horrizon, since it was too hot to tell who it was actually. As they got closer, the figure formed into Brannor. He had two bowls with him. He walks over to them. "I figured that you two might be hungry, so I brought you some food." He says as he puts a bowl at each of their feet. "Thanks I guess." Erlas says and Brannor nods. He was actually surprised that Erlas had said thank you. "Malivore was afraid that something was wrong with you two. But I tried to explain the best I could. I said that because you are a drow elf you are not used to such things. and well Erie I said maybe that festivities were something you were not acustom to." He says. Erlas nods, "Well that's about right." He says. Brannor nods and then leaves to two to whatever business they were doing. He went back to the festivities, actually liking them. There was some meat in each bowl, since there was about three or four peaces of meat, Erlas gave a piece to each Nym and Palefur. Palefur didn't even think about it and began to eat the meat. Erlas noticed that Nym was staring at him. "What I can't be nice once and a while?" He asks her.

"She's not staring about that," Erie corrected him with a smile on her lips. "She's waiting for you to eat first to make sure it isn't poisoned." She set down her staff and chisel and picked up her bowl of meat. Getting up from her seat on the rock, she wandered over to the others and knelt in front of Palefur and Nym and offered it to them. Nym sniffed it curiously and eyed both Erlas and Erequariel. "I don't eat meat," Erie explained to her. "You're welcome to eat mine. See? Palefur is enjoying it." Nym glanced back and forth from Palefur to Erlas to Erequariel and finally bent her head to lick the meat. Her eyes lit up and she dove right in, chomping and gnawing at the savoury morsel.

Erequariel gave a laugh and looked up at Erlas, the first time she had realized he wasn't wearing his mask. His eyes.... she stared at him longer than she probably should have and didn't catch herself until her hand started moving involuntarily towards his face. Her hand immediately fell as a blush crept onto her cheeks.

"Forgive me. I've never seen a Drow up close before.... Forgive me." With a quick bow, she got to her feet again and skittered back to her boulder and staff, her cheeks still hot.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Erlas then takes a bite of the meat to show that it wasn't poisoned. He noticed a few minutes after he had chewed and swallowed it, that Nym decided to eat it. He noticed that Erie was staring at him and wondered why she was. When she explained, he nods. "Most people don't live to tell that they have seen a Drow Elf up close. I guess you're one of the lucky ones because we're allies." He says to her. "Or also it is because most Drow live in the underdark." He adds. Soon it was getting dark and the elves around began to light paper lanterns as they continued with their festivities. Erlas noticed that he would probably get along with Erie the most. He just rolls his eyes at the elves as they continued to sing and dance our a great big bonfire. "I never understood why Highland Elves have to celebrate everything." He mutters to himself as he sat there with his arms crossed and leaned against the tree. Nym and Palefur had gone by now. Erlas like this time of the day better because it was usually more peaceful and it wasn't a strain on his eyes either. Then his left ear twitched at a sound that was coming near by from the woods. He looks around to try and find the little werefox and the whone, who he found were with the others celebrating. He decided to investigate what was making that sound and goes off on his own. But a few minutes later he comes back to Erie. "We ain't alone. I heard a noise and went to investigate and well...I found a rather large group of goblins hiding, waiting to attack." He says. "Do you know any fire spells? That is the only way to kill a goblin." He adds.

"Goblins!" Erequariel dropped her chisel and staff leaped to her feet, searching her belt and pockets for her stash of herbs. "How many do you think there are?" The initial response of panic quickly phased into a calm command as she got over being startled at the news. She pulled out a packet of black seeds that shimmered like glass beads from her skirt pocket and a tiny vile of liquid from her bosom. Handing these ingredients to Erlas, Erie ran to the nearest tree with a lit lantern, jumped up to snatch it, and hurried back to Erlas. Giving him a grin, she held the lantern out before her. "Let's go take out some goblins. Lead the way!"

• Love
Erlas nods and leads the way, since he didn't know any fire spells, he thought it was best to let Erie do all the fighting, he would just be back up just in case. He stops in some bushes and turns around and signals for her to be quiet. The Goblin camp was just dead a head. The goblins were all busy doing something. Most were getting there weapons ready. "we attack tonight, since those evles are celebrating. We take anything and everything that has value." One says. Another nods, "And don't forget to take some of'em as prisoners for our king." Another says as the rest of them nod. Erlas looks back at Erie as if to say well? do the spell so we can get back. He hated goblins even worse than he did highland evles. To him they were annoying and he hated fighting them.

Erie crept behind Erlas, careful to make no noise as her footsteps fell silently on the forest floor. She held the lantern delicately to her bosom to keep the candle from knocking over. When Erlas motioned for her to be quiet, she inched closer and peered over a bush. A gasp threatened to spill from her lips, but she clamped them tightly. There were so many! Erlas gave her an impatient look. Very well, let's get this over with, she thought to herself.

She placed the lantern on the ground by her feet and took back the vial and black beads from Erlas. Prying the bag open with her fingers, she slipped a couple beads into the palm of her hand then set the bag down. The vial she placed between her teeth and yanked off the cork. A drop was added to the small pile of beads in her palm and then it too was set down. She rolled the beads in the liquid while muttering a few words and then tossed them into the flame of the lantern. Instantly the beads started popping and the fire grew in strength. Reaching into the lantern, Erie cupped her hands around the flames, rolled it into the form of a ball, and tossed it as hard as she could into the midst of the goblins. Popping and snapping with the fuel of goblin skin, the fire lept from one goblin to the next, devouring the shrieking monsters until nothing was left but ash. She molded another fireball in her hands and let it fly.

Terrified, the goblins rushed in circles, trying to get away from the fire that ate at them. It was a quick death, a total of three seconds from the time the fire licked its next prey to the moment it exploded and sizzled into ashes like fireworks. Erie held out the next fireball to Erlas.

"It only burns goblin flesh," she said with a grin. "And I cannot combat this many on my own... some may escape."

• Love
Erlas watched as she handed him a fire ball and demonstrated that it only burned goblin flesh. And then he nods when she said that she couldn't fight and destroy all of them by herself. And so with a sigh and smirk on his face, he quickly jumps out his hiding place and lands right in the middle of the large group of goblins. They soon stop panicking and focused on Erlas. Who was smirking the entire time. Since he just wanted to get this done and over with and he had a feeling that Eerie wanted the same thing, he kills any of them that come near him. Soon with the combination of both of them, all the goblins were dead. Erlas sighs, "Finally." He mutters to himself. And then decided to make his way back to where the others were. As they make their way back under the tree, they see Malivore waiting for them. As well as Brannor, Nym and the Whone. It had been an hour or so since they had disappeared from their sitting place. Before anyone could ask a question that would irritate him, Erlas gives a blunt answer. "We just saved your asses from a horde of goblins." Is all his says before he walks passed them. He walked toward an unlit part of the area since the lights hurt his eyes and since he was a drow elf, it seemed as if he disappeared into the darkness. Malivore looks at Eerie, "Are you alright? I can see that Erlas is." He says. Brannor looks at her, "Why didn't you come get me? I could have helped." He says to her.

Nym tilted her head, her ears twitching with the impressions Erlas uttered. They had been fighting goblins? She yapped happily and pranced after the Drow as he melted into the shadows, determined to let him know just how much she appreciated not having to wake up in the morning with goblin breath in her face. What would say it best? A rub around his ankles? Jumping onto his lap when he sat down? Transforming.... the wicked thought ended abruptly with a smirk on her little snout. That would be a little too much, especially since her clothes were packed in the saddlebags. Perhaps the best way after all was just lying down next to him and giving him some company. Yes, that would do nicely. Nym bounded after Erlas to catch up and then made sure to keep a nice distance between them.

Erie, on the other hand, stayed with the remainder of the party. She offered the wizard a smile. "Yes, we are perfectly fine, Malivore. It was a very good test of my ability. I'm a little rusty." To Brannor, she handed the flickering lantern to free her hands to replace the vial and packet of beads into their proper places. When everything was situated again, she gave him a bemused look. "Thank you for the offer, but it only takes one male to hold a lantern." She brushed her hands on her skirt in an attempt to clean them of the soot that covered her palms. "But I am quite hungry now... perhaps you could help me with locating something to eat, Brannor?"

• Love
Erlas noticed that Nym was following him and he wondered why. After all to him, she seemed not to trust him. But he wouldn't blame her for that one. Once he was far enough away from everything, did he sit down. He leaned against a large tree trunk and sat indian style. His night vision being excellent, so he didn't need any light to see what was going on around him. He noticed that Nym sat near him. He looks over at the young werefox and decided to speak. "So I guess your trying to thank me for getting rid of the goblins is that it?" He asks. And then he saw that it seemed like she nodded her head. He wasn't used to people thanking him, it wasn't something usually a person does- even if a drow elf decides to save someone's life- which usually doesn't happen. But people just don't thank drows, they're too afraid of them. So he had no idea what to say to Nym on thanking him. Back the the rest of the group Brannor nods, "Alright, celebrations are still going on. So please follow me." He says and takes her by the hand and head toward where the food was. Malivore was happy that everyone seemed to be getting along for the most part. He then looks down at Palefur, "So shall we join them, then?" He asks. The Whone then makes what sounded like a barking noise and went off after Erie and Brannor with the old wizard in tow.

Nym scooted a little closer, happy that her intentions had been understood. Keeping her body low to the ground, she wiggled in bit by bit, trying not to be noticed by the Drow, until her nose almost touched his boot. Satisfied with her proximity to Erlas, she curled her tail around herself and closed her eyes.

Surprise flickered across Erequariel's face as Brannor took her hand in his. She couldn't help but wonder if this display was of friendship, jealousy, or an absent-minded gesture, but hoped it wasn't the latter. As Brannor led them to the festival area, the music grew louder and people grew more numerous. Erie pressed closely against Brannor, suddenly feeling very shy. She gazed wide-eyed at the decorations, the hundreds of lanterns that shone into the clearing making it as bright as day, and the ornamental costumes of the elves. They weaved in and out of the crowd until they reached a feasting table. Erie let go of Brannor's hand to pick up a dish and began searching the table for fruit or greens.

• Love
Brannor had grabbed a hold of her hand as a friendly jesture. When Erie had pressed herself up against him, he blushed a bit. He noticed that she seemed really nervous and wondered why. But he paid no mind to it and grabs a dish himself and began to fill it with food. Once they both get some food, he sits down next to her at a rather long table. Erlas knew that Nym was there, but he didn't say anything to her. Why should he? She wasn't bothering anyone. Just wondered why of times did she decide to follow him. He just leaned against the tree and closed his eyes, listening to the sound of the woods and the night life around them. Malivore had joined Brannor and Erie. He looked at the two Elves. "We'll be leaving tomorrow. So I suggest after we eat we got to bed." He says to them. "And don't worry I shall find Erlas and Nym." He adds. And Brannor nods as he takes a bite of his food.

Erie delicately lifted the large fruit to her lips and bite into its soft flesh, sticky juices running down her chin and hands, but she did not care. Her eyes closed with enjoyment as she took another bite. It had been long since they had eaten more than camp rations and her stomach growled in want of more. Soon the first piece of delicious fruit was consumed and she reached for a second from her bowl. It also was eaten too soon, but her stomach began protesting at the thought of more. Instead, she picked up a cloth to wipe her hands and face clean of the juice and licked the last drops from her fingertips. Full, satisfied, and beginning to feel sleepy, she sat quietly to wait for Brannor and Malivore to finish their meal.

Nym yawned and arched her back in a stretch after her short nap and nipped playfully at Erlas' boot to try to get him to stand up. She wanted to join the others and although she was more than happy to trust him with slaying goblins, she was not quite ready to let him out of her sight to go wandering off and finding more goblins. Besides, Palefur had disappeared in that direction long ago and she was bound and determined to find him. Nipping the Drow's boot one last time, she pranced around and started heading in the direction of the village.

Status
Not open for further replies.