Our Home ( Full )

Status
Not open for further replies.
What age would you be looking for then? I would think the orphanage would only go up to ages 18, since by then they are called adults.

Reactions: Kaz
What age would you be looking for then? I would think the orphanage would only go up to ages 18, since by then they are called adults.
A lot of the posted characters are in the teen ages, but I'd like there to be at least a few actual children, too. c:

Also haven't completely decided about the max age thing, since it seems like there would be a lot of creatures that age different from humans. Like, a chimera ages twice as slow. So, I think the default age to be considered adult would be 18, but it could vary depending on one's species.

If need be, after everyone else's characters are up, I won't mind making a pair of actual children (who will probably end up being twins)~

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
8yZeGLr.png

Name
:
This being was simply called 'Lazuli'.

No one knows, but it can be considered a 0, since it hasn't hatched yet.

Species:
An egg, specifically, an egg that looks like it's made from crystal
[No one knows what kind of creature will hatch from this egg. However, even before entering this world, it bounces around in curiousity]

Personality:
Despite still being an egg, this little one is always jumping with energy and joy. It never really speaks and only produces 'boing' noises with each bounce. It seems to be able to form attachments, as shown when it bounces towards someone.

Birthdate:
Don't you mean hatch date? It hasn't even happened yet!

Birthplace:
We shall see.

Sexual Preference:
Eggs don't have sexual preferences.

Alignment:
Chaotic Neutral

Figure:
Egg-shaped in figure

Height:
40 centimetres in height.

Weight:
20 kilograms

Languages:
Does not speak, but appears to understand a variety of languages while within its shell.

Fears:
It appears to be afraid of giant, feral beasts that could gnaw on it for hours.

Interests:
Being curious, there are many things that it takes interest in.

Distinguishing Features:
It's an egg, and it's made from crystal.

Special items:
Maybe said 'special items' are inside the egg?

Weapons:
Nothing but its blunt body, for the time being.

Proficiencies:
For an egg, it is rather agile and can bounce at greater-than-average speeds.
It is great at solving problems.

Magic/Special Abilities:
The egg's shell is so durable, predators can't even crack or digest it.
This egg is able to spin to deflect incoming attacks, and potentially release a great deal of mana to create 'Mana Explosion', which blows others away.
Despite lacking eyes, ears and a nose, it seems to be capable of seeing, hearing and smelling.

Strengths:
Willing to aid others via whatever way it can

Weaknesses:
It lacks limbs in its current state.

Backstory:
???

Relationships:​
  • Familiar: Wherever it goes, a few butterflies with blue fire-based wings seem to follow.
  • Mentors: Takes more interest in Esme and Boo
  • Friends: None yet.
  • Allies: None yet
  • Rivals: None yet
  • Enemies: None yet
Quirks:
???

Notes:
It will hatch during the course of the RP.​

• Love
@Crow -- Ahah, I love it. I asked for younger characters, and I certainly got a younger character. xD Everyone so far is approved~

@Kitsune -- That would be great, either way~ xD

Ill be posting another character, too. :I Since I already have a younger character, he'll be a teen, but it'll help even out the male/female ratio a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohh joining for sure!

• Love
This sounds fun!
I would love to join!

• Love
mvnFjUi.png

Conrad Emerson

Name:
Conrad Emerson

Sixteen

Male

Species:​
Djinn

[Djinn were created out of fire, and populated the earth for many thousands of years before the first humans. They were perverse, vicious, and could not be reformed.]

Personality:​
Not completely sure how to be nice, let alone friendly, Conrad doesn't get along well with others. Bossy and cynical in nature, he tends to act out as a bully, picking on anyone who so much as looks at him the wrong way. It doesn't mean he likes the way he is, it's simply how he was raised for the first fifteen years of his life, before losing his family. He'll often try to compliment someone and be nice, only to end up making them cry.

Birthdate:​
August 14th

Birthplace:​
Germany

Sexual Preference:​
Gay

Alignment:​
Chaotic Neutral

Appearance

Figure:​
Lean and stocky

Height:​
6'0"

Weight:​
168lbs

Distinguishing Features:​
2Zvo2RK.png
Red Skin
2Zvo2RK.png
Red eyes with yellow Irises

Special items:​
A set of golden bangles passed down from his father's side of the family. They don't do much more than make a pretty sound when clung against each other, but he has a habit of rattling them together in idle time or when nervous.

Weapons:​
Fire

Personality

Fears:
2Zvo2RK.png
Drowning
2Zvo2RK.png
Sickness
2Zvo2RK.png
Being Alone​

Interests:
2Zvo2RK.png
Fighting
2Zvo2RK.png
Pyrotechnics
2Zvo2RK.png
Monsters
2Zvo2RK.png
Different species​

Proficiencies:
2Zvo2RK.png
Fighting
2Zvo2RK.png
Metalworking
2Zvo2RK.png
Memorizing details

Magic/Special Abilities:
2Zvo2RK.png
Flame/Smoke manipulation
2Zvo2RK.png
Temporary Invisibility
2Zvo2RK.png
Smoke-aided levitation

Strengths:
2Zvo2RK.png
Strong Will
2Zvo2RK.png
Persistent
2Zvo2RK.png
Clever

Weaknesses:
2Zvo2RK.png
Tactless
2Zvo2RK.png
Unfriendly
2Zvo2RK.png
Impulsive

Quirks:
2Zvo2RK.png
Tugs at his own ears when annoyed
2Zvo2RK.png
Chew on lips when idle
2Zvo2RK.png
Hates bugs​

Life

Backstory:
  • Childhood:

Like most Djinn, Conrad is from a very large family. His family was of Ifrit, and lived hidden deep within the hills of some German country-side, undisturbed by others. As a red-skinned Ifrit Djinn, he was raised from childhood to be a warrior. He lived a pretty normal childhood for his kind, always surrounded by the most brutal and vicious of his relatives, so that he could grow powerful under their guidance.

• Adolescence:

Everything was fine for the majority of Conrad's life. It was only around his 15th birthday that a freak plague swept through the hills, wiping out his entire family tree within the week. As the only survivor, for reasons unknown, the young Djinn was left alone all too suddenly, and hadn't the slightest idea how to continue. His family was everything. He was relieved when the effects of the plague finally reached him. Instead of suffering the same fate as the others, however, he awoke at the orphanage, having already been cured by Rayne. Having never even heard of other mythical creatures, before, suddenly being surrounded by them was disorienting at first. For the first few weeks, he was bitter and angry that he had been saved, when his family was not. He eventually adapted, accepting his new life and inevitably ruling over the other orphans as a tyrant. Being cruel was in his nature, after all.

Relationships:
  • Parents:

Maise Emerson - A yellow Djinn, Conrad's father and leader of the clan
Kora Emerson - A blue Djinn, Conrad's mother

• Mentor:

Esme, The Mother Hen
  • Friends:
    --
  • Allies:
    --
  • Rivals:
    --
  • Enemies:
    --

Pets:​
--

Notes:
Conrad hangs around Esme in attempt to learn how to be nicer. It's not working very well, so far.​

• Love
Reactions: Wicked
1365402-bigthumbnail.jpg
Name: Lin Malwood

Species: Forest/ Water Kitsune
[A Kitsune is a Japanese Fox, often depicted as a trickster or a seductress]

Personality: Lin is very calm, there are few things that get under her skin. She is very energetic and lovely. Lin is sweet and kind to all people, though she can confuse people by being polite in a sarcastic manner. She loves to spend most of her time in the forest or water, seeing that her powers originate from there.

Birthdate: January 1st.

Birthplace: unknown

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Alignment: Neutral Good

Figure: Thin and fit.

Height: 5,8

Weight: 145 lbs

Languages: Japanese, English (Mostly used).

Fears: Electricity, Fire, Dying.

Interests: Swimming, Drawing, Hiking, Writing.

Distinguishing Features: Her ears.

Special items: A star ball, it is VERY important to her.

Proficiencies: Agility, using her powers to her advantage, swimming.

Magic/Special Abilities:
Currently can bend water or animate nature.
( Though as she grows up she will be able to bend time and space, drive people mad, or take fantastic shapes such as a tree of incredible height. Willful manifestation in the dreams of others, flight, invisibility, and the creation of illusions so elaborate as to be almost indistinguishable from reality.)
Strengths: Sarcastic nature, Nice (to a point), Reads body language well, clever.

Weaknesses: Curiosity, Fire, Hand to Hand combat.

Backstory:
  • Childhood: When Lin was a child, she had no idea of her gifts as a Kitsune. She knew that she felt most at home in the forest or around a body of water, but she had no clue that she could interact with it on special level. When her mother started to show her how to connect with her special element, she found she had two, which was extremely rare. Practicing her gifts, kinda got out of had one day, and resulted in the death of her mother and father.
  • Adolescence: After her mother and father passed, she was placed into the orphanage and has lived their for about nine years. During that time she grew up with the other kids, and got in trouble many times.
Relationships:
  • Parents: Cherrie Malwood (Mother), Beau Malwood (Father)
  • Familiar: Nadia, a miniature non magical fox.
  • Mentors: Rayne.
  • Friends: Open
  • Allies:
  • Rivals:
  • Enemies:
Quirks: occasionally will forget what she was talking about, mid-sentence.
Pets: Nadia

Last edited:
  • Love
Name:
Nimah
Species:
Dark Faerie
2dc7ako.jpg

[Include a short bit of lore]
Nimah is a dark Faerie. Unlike light Faeries, Nimah feeds off the nightmares and bad thoughts of people, children specifically. Due to this, Nimah is damned to be insane. She can, however, summon wings that look like ight Faerie wings, but torn and covered in thick black ink.
Personality:
Nimah is very mischevious and cunning. She likes to tease other creatures and feed off their anger. She is nasty and sour due to her insanity. She is never nice. She can become violent at times when she doesnt get her way. She is immortal, and due to being stuck at such a small age, Nimah will have frequent temper tantrums.
Birthplace:
Childrens Nightmares
Height:
4'3''
Weight:
95 lbs
Languages:
Latin, Greek, English

Relationships:
Mentor:
Boo

Fears:
Nimah is not afraid of anything except the dreams of children.
Interests:
Stealing, talking to stuffed animals, creating havoc.
Distinguishing Features:
Nimah has elfen ears and red eyes. She has tipped claws at the end of each one of her fingers.
Special items:
She carries around a mottled teddy bear stolen from a child's dream.
Weapons:
She only uses her claws.
Magic/Special Abilities:
Nimah can make whoever she is with see whatever she wants. She can alter their mind however she sees fit. This us mainly used to make stealing much easier. She can also summon her wings and fly.
Strengths:
-Creating trouble
-Making nightmares
-Lying
-Stealing

Weaknesses:
-Telling the truth
-Making people smile

Backstory:
Nimah was created, therefore has no parents or backstory.
Relationships:
Nimah has no relationships.
Quirks:
-Cocks her head
-Bites her nails
-Tugs at her hair

Pets:
She can animate her teddy bear.
Notes:
Nimah has a very hard time seeing during the day, but can hear very well. During night, however, her senses have sharpened.

Last edited:
  • Love
Hey, question, are transgendered characters allowed? Like, say a female who wants to be a male?

• Love
@Autumn_Burns_Red -- Ahh, that picture is from the game Perfect World~ I actually just started playing that, yesterday, and got that same purple fox as a pet. That aside, though-- Lin is a bit overpowered. In her stay at the orphanage, she's supposed to be gradually taught to control her powers. If she's naturally that powerful as a Kitsune, she would be given some sort of limiter to keep her powers dampened until she could be trusted to keep them controlled. If you can alter her powers a bit to fit, she'll be accepted. c:

@Ayla -- She's adorable~ c: In her own creepy little way. She's accepted, but in the relationship area, she at least needs one of the caretakers listed as her mentor.

@chaosheart13 -- Absolutely~

Oh sorry I meant to put in it, those are the powers she will earn as she will grow.
The last two is what she has now. Though I will for sure make that known.

• Thank You
Awesome! I thought that would be really neat aside from all the shy kids in the orphanage!

Also, fixed it! I figured Boo would cancel out her negative energy and calm her down a bit :D

• Love
a-red_headed_angel-1506417.jpg

Name: Amaryllis Noura

Species: Angel
Angels are the guardians of the human race. They are messengers of God, relaying such messages to the populace under the guise of humans.

Personality: Contrary to his species, Amaryllis isn’t all that sweet. He is kind, but only to the people he trusts. Especially when it’s about his identity as a transgendered female to male. He’s quite soft spoken and likes to think before he acts, though it makes him seem standoffish to others. He’s still a kid though, a bit childish, but he’s shaken by his loving grandfather’s death and doesn’t really want to deal with people at the moment, plus the fact that he’s unsure if he could trust them.

Birthdate: April 24th

Birthplace: Up in an area where clouds touch the world.

Sexual Preference: Unknown

Alignment: Neutral Good

Figure: Slim and petite

Height: 5’0”

Weight: 110lbs.

Languages: English

Fears: Thunderstorms, lightning powers, anything that can ground him

Interests: Archery, stories of myths and people like monsters

Distinguishing Features: He has freckles on his face

Special items: N/A

Weapons: N/A but he does want to learn how to use a bow and arrow like Cupid

Proficiencies: Flying

Magic/Special Abilities: Able to sense if something isn’t what he considers normal

Strengths: Able to fly high

Weaknesses: Can’t fly if his wings are damaged, animals as he’s never seen them before other than
birds

Backstory: Amaryllis was born to Aleta and Berkin Noura in a place of clouds, where most angels hid during that time. His father died before he was born, though and his mother was…less than happy about some things about him. Because she was unfit to care for her child, Melchior Noura came and took the lad under his wing, both literally and figuratively.

He adored his grandfather, who accepted him for who he was, unlike his mother. Though he doesn’t know it, his mother’s side of the family has the ability to sense if something is not normal, such as he was. So when the magic appeared in him when he was a little older, it nearly drove him mad. Thankfully he had his grandfather to support him but he soon died in a fight against a demon. Not wanting to go back to his mother, he went to the orphanage on his own will.

Relationships: N/A

Parents: Mother Aleta Noura
Father Berkin Noura (Deceased)

Children: He’s too young for that!

Relatives: Grandfather Melchior Noura (Deceased)

Partner: N/A

Familiar: N/A

Mentors: Rayne

Friends: N/A

Allies: N/A

Rivals: N/A

Enemies: N/A

Quirks: Twirls his hair when he’s thinking

Pets: N/A

Notes: Doesn’t know what boys name to us, so just call him Am.

Hope this is good!

Last edited:
It's perfectly fine~ c: I would appreciate if you could space it out a little, though. I have difficulty reading when everything is pressed together.

• Thank You
As much as I wanted to join this, it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to present a character. Things have gotten quite busy for me, and I haven't been able to find to the time to finish up my characters. Perhaps if there's room in the future, and my characters can be fitted in, I'll try to give this a go again. So I wish the best to you, Kaz, and everyone else who's taking part.

• Thank You
shadow_monster_by_tsukai_c-d7v4qk1.png

Name: Puca
Species: Dream Eater "Baku" 獏
Remember those long nights where you're stuck between wakefulness and sleep?
Remember then when you woke up unable to even recall a single dream ...or nightmare?
But you knew you dreamt about something, didn't you? You can feel it in your bones.
A dream eater comes in many forms and they are never alone. The reason why people confuse
them to have elephant heads or tigers paws is because of them many kinds of dream eaters that
will devour a dream. These creatures are nocturnal and by nightfall, they are seeking out any dreams
before sunrise. One of the many rumors that are told about dream eaters is that they only eat dreams
because they have none of their own. They hold no memories of the past days and hunger for something
to hold to before taking hold of another dream, though no one can say that for sure.
But one thing is certain, those visited by a dream eater may not wake up again.
Child's Certificate

Personality: Puca is demanding. What more should be said? He likes attention and he wants it all the time, no matter the hour. Some people might just say this is because he is a child and those people are very naive. Puca stays close to the people he likes because he loves the smell of their dreams. However, even if he smells a delicious dream he is very particular of whom he toddles behind. Why? He doesn't trust you as far as he can throw you and because of his small, little arms do you think he will be able to pick you up? He is very cautious, flittering back and forth like a bird and can never settle down. Even at night he is wandering about the hallways, he'll even climb into someone's bed and just stare at them until they wake up. Of course this lands him with a scolding and some of the children being weary around him, though he is absentminded and will barely even notice. Being as the dream eater he his, he wants to go into the human world. Big cities equal more people and more people equals more dreams to eat. He will often be found looking for a way to leave, only because of his greedy nature.
Birthdate: April 8th
Birthplace: New York City, NY
Sexual Preference: Dream-Sexual

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral ; He doesn't like following orders. He doesn't like people telling him what to do and due to his constant search for dreams and the tendency to prey on other children, he has to be tricky to get his way.
Figure: Short & Baby Faced ; Puca is a small child, often lost or being looked over for his size and frail stature. Yet, this is an advantage to him when outrunning those around him. Just because he is small, it only add to his instants to be cunning and quick.
Height: 3'1" Feet
Weight: 78 Ibs.
Personal Files

Languages: Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and English
Fears:
- Not being able to eat
- Getting lost under the bed (He thinks there's a deep hole under it)
- Meeting the window monster
- Wearing mismatched socks
- Magic Tricks, like wtf man?

Interests:
- Dreams
- How to make people dream
- Daydreams
- Humans
- Outer World

Distinguishing Features:
Uhh, there's a lot.
- Blue/Black hair that reaches the ground
- Sharp teeth that resembles a shark's
- Two little red horns atop his head
- Red eyes that glow in the dark
- Two long drooping ears
- Thin wings
- Aaaand... that shadow beast that follows him around

Special items: Lucky Boots - He won't wear any other shoes.
Weapons: Scythe - A weapon that he doesn't even know how to use. Some dream eaters will use their claws or teeth to tear a hole in their prey's dreams so they can enter them and eat from the inside out. Luckily, Puca's kind is more dignified and like to knife open dreams because who wouldn't want a half crazed spirit waving around a sharp object, huh?
Proficiencies:
- Telling stories ; what? He has to get himself out of trouble somehow.
- Hiding
- Sneaking and Squeaking
- Gathering attention (whether good or bad)

Magic/Special Abilities:
- Entering Dreams: Puca can come and go through any dream he wishes
- Memory Hogging: Dreams are linked with ones memory and Puca like to steal those memories and keep them for himself. You'll know if Puca has stolen a memory if someone is walking around wondering who they are.
- Forced Dreams: If a dream eater is desperate then will enter the minds of a human and force them to go to sleep so they may eat
- Shadow Tamer: His shadow beast takes Puca where ever he wishes and also protects him. Think of it as a large, ugly dog that is more willing to tear you limb from limb then be your friend. Puca can call many of these creatures in an angry fit which could be disastrous.
- Dream Projector: He cane make dreams comes to life, but that rarely happens since you have to have the dream without it being in your stomach

Strengths:
- Shadow Creature
- Clever

Weaknesses:
- The bracelet around his ankle keeps his powers to a minimum.
- Easily agitated
- Hates team work
- Selfish
- Attention Hog
- Mean and unfriendly

Historical Notes

Backstory: Pacu was born in NYC, the perfect place for a dream eater. But being that he was a child and his parents were on the run meant no possible snack time. Mother and father were running away from a league of hunters, rained to catch mythical creatures. No one knew what they did to them after caught; maybe they were sold, or even leeched of their powers, skinned even. It's not a very good thing to think about. His parents though knew they were running out of time and they had to get their child to safety. They left him, a crying babe with tears running down his face, in the most unexpected of places. A museum. Before leaving, the left him with his father's personal shadow creature designated to guard him and were never heard from again.
  • Childhood: Living in what he thinks is a prison. SO MANY SLEEPING PEOPLE IN THE WORLD AND NOT EVEN A NIBBLE.
  • Adolescence: N/A
  • Adulthood: N/A
Relationships:
  • Parents:
Mother: Emra Lunrick
Species: Dream Eater
Father: Sensu Lunrick
Species: Dream Eater

• Children: N/A
  • Relatives: Uncle Nihia - A dream eater that lives in China.
  • Partner: N/A
  • Familiar: Muru - Shadow Creature. Careful, he likes to bite.
  • Mentors: Boo
  • Friends: What friends? He hates people.
  • Allies: N/A
  • Rivals: N/A
  • Enemies: Every. Living. Thing.
Bonus Details

Quirks:
- Snaps his teeth together when excited/irritated
- Thumps his foot like a rabbit when scared
- Nibbles on people's fingers when he likes them ... watch your back.
- Holds in his breath until he gets away or simply passes out
- Goes into his ghostly form and disappears when grumpy
Pets: Muru

Notes:
- Don't touch him unless he wants to be touched
- Don't follow him when he asks you to go somewhere
- He likes to "borrow" things and hides them around the house
- If Muru is watching you or following you, go get a Caretaker. Puca probably wants to eat one of your dreams.
- He also likes taking socks and making puppets from them

Theme Song:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.