~ Our Hearts Entwined, We Fight On ~ (Video Game Crossover RP, See inside for details)

Discord OoC or Forum OoC?

• Discord Server!

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Iwaku Thread!

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

mr_pibbs

The One True Pibbles
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
((Play me, it takes a few seconds to get started -->))

Since the dawn of time, there has been one universal truth; Balance must be maintained. Without it, the universe would succumb to chaos and swiftly collapse in on itself. Darkness must be allowed to spread, to corrupt those who seek power and vengeance, but the Light must rise up to face it. Heroes fight Villains, and either die trying, or get their happy endings. Empires will rise and fall, and nothing is eternal.

Except for the World Tree, of course.

28131.jpg

The World Tree is the sacred structure which holds all Nine Realms of our reality together. It maintains the balance between Light and Darkness in this universe and holds nearly unlimited power. It possesses many branches, but only nine of them hold enough power to support an entire multiverse's worth of worlds. These worlds, though separated by cosmic barriers, are host to a variety of different kingdoms and lands that transcend time and space to coexist with one another. In one world, one might find a kingdom of magic, merriment, and size-enhancing fungi, while in another they may find a world overrun by a plague of poisonous spores that mutate their hosts into horrific monstrosities. There are futuristic cities, deep jungles, haunted countries, unexplored alien planets, and so much more.

Despite the cosmic barriers set in place, there are ways to pass through one realm into another, but it often requires very powerful magic or technology (or both). However, with the widespread influx of knowledge spread by travelers from different realms have led to an increased knowledge of specific 'warp zones' spread across the universe that allow for easy world-hopping.

Though it's power is misunderstood by many who dwell within the Nine Realms, it is said that if one were to harness the raw cosmic energy, they would become more powerful than a God and could rewrite reality to their own designs. But there is no easy way to break free from the confines of the Nine Realms to access the World Tree, and even if one was able to slip past the cosmic barriers, they would have to face off against the tree's powerful guardian; The Master.

latest

Said to be a cosmic entity responsible for planting the World Tree, The Master protects the Nine Realms and all within it's borders. There are none left alive to tell where The Master came from or how it created the World Tree and the Nine Realms that are held together by its power, but The Master's legend has been passed down from generation to generation. It is said that The Master guards the World Tree from the infamous World Eater; an evil being whose hunger is practically insatiable which will stop at nothing to consume the Nine Realms. They have been locked in combat from the earliest point in time and their battles are that of legend, though nobody has ever seen it for themselves; but still their eternal war for the preservation of all reality continues.

But The Master is not the only champion who seeks to preserve the Nine Realms.

Every day, heroes and villains from each of the numerous worlds clash with each other, forever locked in eternal combat that is observed and moderated by the Gods. These figures are ordained by fate, forced to participate in a never-ending conflict between Good and Evil, both championing for the other's demise; but it is all for naught. For if ever the balance between light and darkness should shift, the forces that be would naturally tip the scale to the advantage of the losing side, thus continuing the fight and preserving the eternal balance.

But the time of darkness approaches once more. War is brewing, the agents of chaos are creeping out from their hideaways to reek terrible vengeance, and the Heroes of the world are engulfed by a terrible sense of dread. Worse yet; it seems somebody on the cosmic scale is playing sides. Kingdoms lay under siege, ancient enemies are reborn from sinister forces, and worse yet, it seems like the world leaders are about ready to start invading one another. In short; war is inevitable... But a war against what foe? The enemies the heroes swore to defeat, or their former allies driven by fear of an unknown force that seeks to destroy everything they have worked so hard to build?

If they do not act soon, then the tragedy the people of the Nine Realms fear will come swiftly and viciously.

The World Eater has awoken and if it is allowed to be reborn; none shall be able to oppose its terrible wrath.

the_world_eater_by_herbomanic12-dckvqu7.png

logo_by_herbomanic12-dckzt0s.png

----------------------​

Alright, so if this thread's caught your interest, then sweet! Here's the tl;dr version of events to quickly summarize the plot; The World Tree, a massive nexus-point for all realities and sentient god-like being, is under threat by an entity known as The World Eater. As a result of it's conquest, evil has returned to the lands within the Nine Realms and the heroes of each world must band together to defeat the villains who wish to resurrect The World Eater it before it can destroy all of reality. And there are video game characters. Lots of video game characters.

So as you can probably surmise, this idea is based on the "Super Smash Bros" series of games (with a decent chunk of inspiration from the Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy: Dissidia games) and involves a mass-crossover between our favorite video game characters from Nintendo, SEGA, Konami, and beyond. To make this RP a little more interesting, I will be allowing video game characters from all-over, with a few minor exceptions;

#1. Try to avoid using hyper-obscure characters/franchises (Indie reps like Shantae and Shovel Knight are welcomed with open arms, but I think picking "Nameless Soldier #4" from your favorite RTS might be pushing it a little far).

#2. Customizable Avatar characters (ie. Shepard from Mass Effect, Spartans from Halo, etc.) are allowed and welcomed, but please don't give them the 'OC' treatment (example. Shepard stopped the Reapers; he/she didn't run off with Liara/Garrus to have a million babies in-between ME2 and ME3. Also, in the case of Spartans, try to find an existing one to use rather than making up an OC, but I'm pretty flexible on that so long as you talk to me first).

#3. No villain characters (ie. Bowser, Albert Wesker, etc). Characters with grey moralities (anti-heroes such as Dark Pit or Meta Knight/King Dedede) or 'unwilling villains' (ex. Jake from Ape Escape was mind-controlled by Spectre throughout the majority of the game, but was otherwise a hero before that, or Liu Kang in the modern Mortal Kombat iteration) are allowed, so long as they don't try to betray the group and work to save the world rather than destroy it. As we progress, I may allow reformed villains to join, but I won't do that right off the bat.

#4. Absolutely NO 'tie-in' characters allowed (yes, this includes Kingdom Hearts characters too). If a character originates from a movie/book/comic/anything other than a video game, they are NOT allowed in. The only exception is for characters such as Geralt from The Witcher, where their most iconic mainstream appearance stems from a video game (I'm not sure how accurate that last sentence is since I've never played The Witcher games or read the books, but I'm sticking to it).

#5. Alternate versions of characters (ie. the multiple incarnations of Link, Male/Female Avatar characters, etc) are allowed with certain exceptions. Using the example of Link; Young Link could exist as the canonical Link in this current era of Hyrule, but it would also be possible for the Breath of the Wild Link to appear, serving as a distant relative of Young Link (think Lucina from Fire Emblem: Fates and how she travelled through time to help Chrom and the others).

But with all that out of the way, I hope this RP has caught your attention. I'm looking for about 4-5, maybe 6 people who would be willing to join in on the fun and work to make this a great adventure with some of our favorite characters and worlds from a favorite past-time.

As mentioned above, the World Tree guards over the "Nine Realms" that make up all reality. Here they are, simplified with ideas of what kind of game worlds you can expect to see within them;
Nine Realms;

Earth (Pokemon, Earthbound, Donkey Kong, Sonic the Hedgehog, etc), The Ancient Realms (Zelda, Fire Emblem, Shadow of the Colossus, Elder Scrolls, etc), Neo-Earth (F-Zero, Mega Man, Custom Robo, etc), Fastastica (Mario, Kirby, Little Big Planet, Nights, etc), Dystopia (Fallout, The Last of Us, Killzone, Bioshock, etc), Shadowvale (Castlevania, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Ghosts & Goblins, etc), Deep Space (Metroid, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Halo, etc), and Subspace (Super Smash Bros).

If you're interested, please post below and also mention the character(s) you may want to play. It'll help me get a better idea of how the roster will look and we can figure things out a bit easier. Just like most of my RPs, I always allow people to play up to two (2) characters of their choosing, but more can be negotiated as things progress. As well, I plan on making a Discord OoC server, so please let me know if you'd be interested in that or if you'd rather an on-site OoC thread.

As for myself, I will be taking on the role of Corrin from the Fire Emblem series and Kirby from the Kirby franchise.

Last edited:
Added some extra details concerning the world; still looking for interested parties.

I have a question, are we only allowed to use characters from the Nine Realms you mentioned or are they just settings for the story?

I have a question, are we only allowed to use characters from the Nine Realms you mentioned or are they just settings for the story?

Those are just general examples of worlds that could exist in each realm. They're all really based around themes, more or less.

Earth is our standard world with basic settings, The Ancient Realm is a Fantasy-setting, Neo-Earth is for futuristic stuff that takes place on one planet, Fantastica is basically a more Cartoon-ish world where Imagination is key, Dystopia is for Apocalyptic/Post Apocalyptic settings, Shadowvale is for Horror, Deep Space is for SciFi/Space Exploration, and Subspace is essentially a dark void equated with Hell.

The games I listed there are just examples I could think up off the top of my head while drafting the thread, they aren't super specific. Plus there's always the possibility of worlds crossing over to different realms, but that's really only if there's a few sections of one area that don't line up initially.

Those are just general examples of worlds that could exist in each realm. They're all really based around themes, more or less.

Earth is our standard world with basic settings, The Ancient Realm is a Fantasy-setting, Neo-Earth is for futuristic stuff that takes place on one planet, Fantastica is basically a more Cartoon-ish world where Imagination is key, Dystopia is for Apocalyptic/Post Apocalyptic settings, Shadowvale is for Horror, Deep Space is for SciFi/Space Exploration, and Subspace is essentially a dark void equated with Hell.

The games I listed there are just examples I could think up off the top of my head while drafting the thread, they aren't super specific. Plus there's always the possibility of worlds crossing over to different realms, but that's really only if there's a few sections of one area that don't line up initially.
alright cool, i'll probably join if others do as well

alright cool, i'll probably join if others do as well

I'm hoping people will jump in this as well, definitely been wanting to play through this story for a while now.

What character(s) are you thinking you might claim if you were to join?

I was thinking of Alex Mercer from Prototype or Kratos from God of War, although I suspect Kratos may be a bit overpowered for this roleplay

Kratos would be fine, he's about as 'overpowered' as any other characters a video game developer could come up with. I have no problems with either of them.

Kratos would be fine, he's about as 'overpowered' as any other characters a video game developer could come up with. I have no problems with either of them.
Alright cool, I do not like playing as multiple characters so i'll probably stick with Alex Mercer

Alright cool, I do not like playing as multiple characters so i'll probably stick with Alex Mercer

Sounds good to me!

Also; whoever's voting in the poll but hasn't posted (seeing as how there are 3 votes and I haven't participated for obvious reasons), don't be afraid to post here and claim a character. As I mentioned before, it helps me keep track of who's interested and who isn't.

Sounds good to me!

Also; whoever's voting in the poll but hasn't posted (seeing as how there are 3 votes and I haven't participated for obvious reasons), don't be afraid to post here and claim a character. As I mentioned before, it helps me keep track of who's interested and who isn't.
alright i've voted

On the poll: Why not both?

It's an interesting set-up, I'd say. There are definitely some games that likely have that sort of "bridge" thing between genres. Like Dead Space. Is it in Space, or is it Horror?

Seems like a solid concept overall, but I may not have the time to commit (because of video games...of course). I'm also the sort who'd pull out unusual or obscure things.

On the poll: Why not both?

It's an interesting set-up, I'd say. There are definitely some games that likely have that sort of "bridge" thing between genres. Like Dead Space. Is it in Space, or is it Horror?

Seems like a solid concept overall, but I may not have the time to commit (because of video games...of course). I'm also the sort who'd pull out unusual or obscure things.

True enough (in regards to the poll), but I just wouldn't want to have to post updates twice if somebody chooses not to use the Discord/Iwaku OoC's respectively. It's managable, sure, but a bit of a pain if everyone is scattered.

The realm of Dead Space I would constitute as being entirely Space, but like Halo and the Flood element of it's narrative (during the best years of the franchises life), it has a lot of horror elements could do lead into some crossover. But I'm also totally up for what you guys have to think about what could do into each realm.

Alright, well if you aren't sure you can commit right now, but are interested in the RP, I could toss in a 'waitlist' once we get enough interest. Out of curiosity, if you were to jump in, did you have any characters (or a single character) that you'd like to reserve?

I have some interest in this roleplay, it looks really interesting, though the only reason I hesitate is because I am already in another group rp and have some other rps going on and might not have the time. I am a college student and though I'm on break, once it starts back up, I am not sure if I'll be able to keep up with two group roleplays, you know? I will have to debate with it for a while and see how things go with classes, I am hesitant to join if I might only end up dropping out later which I would hate to do to you.

I will be thinking about it and still have interest. There are two characters I would really like to be, however, if I were to join:

Spyro from the Legend of Spyro(the one with the four elements and the power of the Purple Dragon)
Roxas from Kingdom Hearts

If I were to join, would those two be acceptable?

I have some interest in this roleplay, it looks really interesting, though the only reason I hesitate is because I am already in another group rp and have some other rps going on and might not have the time. I am a college student and though I'm on break, once it starts back up, I am not sure if I'll be able to keep up with two group roleplays, you know? I will have to debate with it for a while and see how things go with classes, I am hesitant to join if I might only end up dropping out later which I would hate to do to you.

I will be thinking about it and still have interest. There are two characters I would really like to be, however, if I were to join:

Spyro from the Legend of Spyro(the one with the four elements and the power of the Purple Dragon)
Roxas from Kingdom Hearts

If I were to join, would those two be acceptable?

I get it entirely; I'm about to go back to school myself, so I know that hesitation all too well. Like I said before; I can make a waitlist and include you in it if you're still interested come the time you decide to join, but I will say I'm trying my best not to delay the project since I'd like to get it going sooner rather than later.

As for the characters, the only one I take issue with is Roxas simply because he's from a tie-in game (even though Kingdom Hearts has a lot of original characters, I still classify it as a 'tie-in' based on the fact that 90% of the levels in it are based on Disney properties). Spyro I have no problem with.

Did you have an alternative for Roxas?

No right, I totally understand the need to get this rp rolling! A waitlist sounds find to me, it will give me time to think it over instead of rushing right in.

I understand about the issue with Roxas, no worries! How about Trico, from the Last Guardian? I saw you had Shadow of the Colossus up there though I'm not sure if that includes the two other games as well. If that is still a problem, how about Corvo from Dishonored?

No right, I totally understand the need to get this rp rolling! A waitlist sounds find to me, it will give me time to think it over instead of rushing right in.

I understand about the issue with Roxas, no worries! How about Trico, from the Last Guardian? I saw you had Shadow of the Colossus up there though I'm not sure if that includes the two other games as well. If that is still a problem, how about Corvo from Dishonored?

Either or works for me!

Cool! I choose Trico then *_*

I'm not sure who I'd pick up if I were to join. I don't usually do games with playing other people's characters as it tends not to sit quite well with me, even if the premise is interesting. Something about feeling like I wouldn't be playing them "properly" or something. Though I think it's safe enough to not worry when things are going this far out.

Maybe someone from the Ar Tonelico series, assuming song magic would work across dimensions. At least, if I were playing one of the reyvateils. I have no clue how one would run a Tennou from warframe, but that could also be interesting. Particularly if it's done as the operator plus their entire arsenal. I'm not sure what else has really caught my interest recently or not so recently. But I can probably brainstorm further.

Interesting story!

Id like to play as Meta Knight if still available.

Also, when signups become available, please alert me~