OTOME GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mu

it’s better then they’re a little bit of a loser.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
I am actually so sick of otome games. But I can't stop watching playthroughs or anime adaptations.

I'm a sucker for romance, but I just can't deal with the typical 'I can do nothing but scream for help and be essentially useless to the story woohoo apart from being the love interest' girl, but otome games, man.

Currently trying to watch Hakuoki and I've already started to die inside. (The opening theme cures me everytime though, it's so good.)
  • "normally don't spare anyone but ok we'll look after you bb"
  • makes soooo many exceptions for the girl
  • "if you try to escape I'll kill you" turns into "since you're here tell me your story and stuff"
  • let's tell her all our secrets!
  • ofc the main guy is that 'i don't give a fuck type'
  • she's not meant to eat dinner with them but when the leader finds out EVERYBODY sticks up for her
  • THE ANIME DOESN'T FOLLOW THE ROUTE OF MY FAVOURITE GUY
  • DID SHE JUST INSPIRE A MAN AND HELPED HIM THROUGH DEPRESSION BY SAYING TWO SENTENCES.

What are your favourite otome games? What do you like/dislike about them?
Someone help me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hana
Hateoful Boyfriend. :3
That game was hilarious.

Though I'm a guy, I admit to like 2 otome games, The Second Reproduction and Yo-Jin-Bo Bodyguards. Cause both female protagonists defies the trope of being the useless damsel in distress and Yo-Jin-Bo is hilarious af. I can't stop laughing at the scenes.

Reactions: Mu
I've never played an otome, but I won't lie -I am slightly interested in playing one.

If you want your heart to be pulled out of your chest and tossed about. I recommend this series. I died.

First season, sequel, prequel and all. You will not regret ; ;

Wasn't Harvest Moon also considered an otome?

I really enjoyed Black Wolves Saga, not sure if it counts though. Apart from that? Magical Diary was my first one I guess :^)

Hmm... There are a lot of otome games in the Play Store, but I don't want to spend money lol. I did try a yaoi 'otome' VN once. It was... Interesting.

Pokemon ORAS is an otome game and NOBODY will convince me otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.