Othergrounds - Superpowers, teenagers, abandoned place!

Accepted. You're all encouraged to have multiple characters.

And yes I'll be setting up the pairs... Also, the coding on this site sucks ass. It's hard as balls to update the OP linking to the new sheets.

Shayton never came so ill.

Basic Information

Name: Shayton Wyatt Ezui
Alias/Nicknames: The Old Man
Height: 6'3
Weight: 249
Blood Type:

Appearance

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Nationality: Jamaican, Dark Skinned
Physical Appearance: Shayton is a tall, yet overweight man. He always has a sleepy, bored look on his face. With his eyes usually half open. He usually doesn't seem very attentive. His head is very bony and angular. His chin is wide and bony as his face. He has a beer-gut which isn't well hidden by Shayton. He has had it since he was younger. His skin isn't that good due to the stretch marks and scars on his being (not too many with a story to tell). He does have a thin scar right under his left eyeball. His hair is very curly and short. It's brushed down the side on his head forming a sort of mini-afro around his head. He has a wicked-looking goatee. He usually takes small, light steps with his hands in his pocket. Due to his heritage he speaks with a thick southern accent with a bit of Jamaican here and there.

Attire: Shayton is currently wearing a dark blue trench coat unzipped with a small T-shirt under it. With a blue bandanna with a white "S" written on his forehead. He wears black pants and black cowboy-ish boots. Day to day his outfit changes, however. He's always seen wearing a black and white wide-brimmed fedora (currently it's over his bandanna) with his black tinted goggles wrapped around it. Most of the time when he's going about his business he walks around

Personality

Innate Personality: Shayton is an infinite fountain of wisdom and intelligence despite his apathetic and lazy attitude. He tends to blurt out this wisdom constantly, with most of the people around him unaware that it's actually wisdom. He's always thinking, judging things and taking acting when he deems it necessary . He's relatively level headed and calm when faced with most situations due to his powers allowing him to more or less predict the future.

Outward Personality: Outwardly, Shayton appears to be a lazy person. He always seems to be less than attentive. He sometimes ignores people when in a conversation and looks away when he loses interest. He's a bit forgetful of minor-details like the location of those car keys he was looking for and will probably try to remember it for a few seconds before giving up. He also gets annoyed fairly easily by people, especially when they annoy him. Shayton tends to speak in a sarcastic or deapan tone when faced with threats, and will nonchalantly brush them off with a comment or two. He also acts like everyone else is under him at times. Preferring to do things his way and that everyone else should be silent. Usually Shayton keeps to himself unless it's important or he's addressed.

Hobbies/Skills: Nothing noteworthy.

Favorite Color:

Abilities

Power Class: Elemental/Extra-Sensory

Power: Shayton has the power to control and create Dust and he can also control fallen leaves. He can control both domestic dust you'd see lying around, and he can control soil/atmospheric dust. He can pull dust from the area and create a whirlwind made out of dust strong enough to knock people off their feet or create a dust storm to blind people. If Shayton is given enough dust and an small enclosure he can possibly create a powerful dust explosion (Google it) with a simple spark. Shayton can explode into a cloud of dust and leaves giving himself a sort of intangibility. His current outfit is incorporated -somehow- into it. Attacks will go right through him when in dust form and he can slip into small openings (like Keyholes and cracks). He can also partially turn into dust and control the limb made out of dust freely and he can fly to an extent while in dust form. Shayton can also use dust from the area around him to fill up his wounds.

However Shayton has a form of Divination using dust and leaves. So he collects a large amount of either into a pile, he can focus for a few moments on what he wants to know and wave his hand over it. Then it rearranges itself into a pattern that tells the future. More leaves/dust means "seeing" further into the future and more accurate predictions.

Weaknesses: Fire. He hates it. If dust he's controlling gets exposed to fire it it will quickly burn and become ash, something he can't control or use. Leaves will also be easily burnt too. If he's burnt while in dust form then he'll likely be killed depending on what part of him is burnt. He can only stay in his dust form for a few minutes at tops, then he'll have to wait before using it again. However, if he turns part of his body into dust then he'll be able to retain that form for longer. Shayton isn't dust all the time, he has to transform. So if he's caught off guard or by surprise then he'll get the hit. There's a limit to how much dust he can produce from his body at any given time, up to five pounds of dust then he has to wait until he can produce anymore. Also, strong winds can easily break his control and spread the dust he's controlling all over the place. Though this is minor since it only applies outdoors and the Othergrounds doesn't have any wind. So this would only be relevant if someone has wind manipulation or something.

Burst Potential: Delta Burst

Other: Most of his life he lived with his grandparents in the deep south. I mean the very sticks of the place.

I realized we have more males than females :3

Tends to happen, since I prefer playing as males and I'm sure I'm not alone in that assessment.

I usually play females. But I had the great idea for opposites twin powers.

I saw my mistake with the bursts. Was that the only issue, or is there something else I'm missing?

Well, if I may I will point out a few flaws that could be improved upon.

1. You would be surprised as to how far simple knowledge can take you. Such as someone's favorite color.

2. Most powers become prevalent in the teenage years, I imagine from what he said it's kind of like puberty where it develops at a certain age. So maybe that was one problem

3. No god modding, an atomic bomb is powerful... I would suggest that the explosion is more like a hand grenade because it's if he overloads right? Well basically from what I understand your character is pot of water. It takes in water gradually and if it overfills well then it spills all over the place. So it would be less like an Atomic bomb and more all the energy inside him suddenly escaping... ( Sorry if this isn't making any sense. ) And the max of his energy is his body weight. Well then there would be an explosion the size of his body weight. 160 pounds. Still a lot and can mess up someones day but not even nearly a nuke.

4. Imagine the weird personality if one day, his powers kicked in and he started absorbing the light around him. His Father would probably see the difference... Very interesting... A personality made up of tests and pills and hospitals... Very likely reason to be taken by an academy maybe.

5. So he can drain car batteries and his skin is a solar panel. Explain a bit more... Will electronics around him suddenly be sapped of energy or... What?

6. So you said he was black but later we find out hes white but he just absorbs light? So his actual skin color is white but he looks completely black? Like a sort of shadow? No I'm sorry he wouldn't look like someone with an African decedent. He would be purely black...

Hope I'm not coming off to hard or anything just trying to help and smooth down the rough edges and unexplained bits. Not a bad idea though, the theory of it is really cool.

I hate to screw people over here. But, I'm going to be very busy for the coming months. Final exams, my job, you know, life. Too busy to run the RP. So... I won't be able to run this. But fret not, citizen. If anyone who really wants to, then they can take over for the RP.

I am willing to wait. You would know more about the world than any of us and it seems like you have a good head about you rules wise. And I like your character. So I'm just going to state that I think we should wait.

If you want to wait, then that's fine. I won't be gone TOO long, until like the last week of May. It's just that dunno if everyone will be interested until then.

Or I could start the IC and appoint a Co-GM to lead the story along until then.

I'm just fine with waiting myself, don't really mind.

I'm good with waiting on you. You've put a lot of effort into this world. It wouldn't feel right playing in it without you around.

Wow, you guys got dedication. Remember, I will come back if I haven't forgot or completely lost interest in this.

Anyway, I'll just drop this here,

Basic Information

Name: Jack Cooper Bardwell
Nicknames: Hunter
Height: 5'10
Weight: 164

Appearance

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Nationality: American
Physical Appearance: Hunter is lanky, yet thin. He has a rather pale complexion, due to the use of his powers. His skin is scarred with hideous looking wounds, the most notable ones were the ones on his palms. His palms appear completely covered in scars from what appears to be blades. These scars on his body are a mix of old scars and new scars. Making obvious that he's had some of these scars for years on end. Fortunately, there aren't too many scars on his face and head. Except for a small scar that he got under his eye, and a scar on the bridge of his nose. Other than the scar his skin has other imperfections such as moles, and blemishes. He is rather thin, as he has a healthy build. He does look rather unimposing, and weak. Like he can't do anything physically. Hunter's face is squared and well defined. His nose is thin and one of the least notable things about his face. He has a pair of black wide set eyes which are a few inches away from each other. His eyes are notably big. His lips are thin, and is mouth is average sized. Hunter is always sporting a facial expression that is of fear, or paranoia. Hunter isn't exactly an attractive person. He has hair cut short, and it's wavy. He also has hair on the rest of his body, and is growing a small stubble.

Attire: In public, Hunter tends to wear heavy outfits that cover up much of his body. Because of all the scars he has, naturally. He'll wear a long sleeved overcoat, or any article of clothing as long as it covers his being. When alone he'll dress rather lightly. His outfit changes from day to day. One thing he will always have is a large black tote bag slung over his shoulder. This bag appears to be for women but he doesn't really care. Inside this bag is several art supplies, such as paint brushes, paint, etc. He also holds a first aid kit, which he knows how to use. Hunter always keeps a switch blade in his bag.

Personality

Innate Personality: Innately, Hunter is always wondering why he can't be like other people. He always feels conflicted about things, and wishes that everyone else would be like him so he wouldn't feel so awkward. At times the only thing that made him feel normal is his art. While it's more subtle than anything he has an obsession with art. His goal in life is create his masterpiece. When someone damages his art he tends to get upset, and at times violent. It brings out his "bad side" very easily. Which makes him act, instead of think. Other than that he's a thinker. In his own head he analyses things, and takes note of plenty of things. He does have a great memory and is precise. Sometimes when stressed he tends over think things and force himself into a metaphorical corner.

Outward Personality: Outwardly, Hunter is rather odd, creepy even. The way he talks, the way he looks, those scars, it's rather unnerving. However, he's social, just not very good at it. It's because of the aforementioned habit of not getting people. Some things will simply perplex him. He also tends to be blank and blunt, never will he beat around the bush. He tends to be oblivious to somethings. Hunter will be polite to people unless given a reason not to. With people he doesn't like he'll just ignore them and let them do their own thing. He's long learned how to ignore jerks. At times it appears that he can't stand up for himself. Except when they push him too far, then he won't hesitate to fight. Unlike some people he doesn't really fear pain or threats from other people, and if motivated enough. There is a limit to this, however. Like many others he tends to avoid dying the hardest he can. Hunter is a very kind person, and will always think about other people when he makes a decision. At heart he's a kind person, he just tends to act strange, and out. When he's stressed he tends to act a bit more erratic, and won't think some things through. One thing that brings him great pride is his artistry skill, nothing will make him feel better than showing off his pictures to those who are interested. He also tends to draw things. Whether it be an object he likes, a scene, or people. Except he doesn't draw them with his own blood.

Hobbies/Skills: Art. From a young age Hunter has been interested in art, and is considered to be a prodigy when it comes to art. He can draw well with his fingers, and brushes well, he knows how to use other forms, but isn't as good. Hunter also knows how to use first aid kits. He also done some fencing, so he knows a bit of swordplay.

Favorite color:

Abilities

Power Class: Other

Power: This power is inspired by a video I once saw of a very special artist... You'll figure out who after reading. Hunter has access to the mighty blood-art technique. Which allows him to draw things with blood and whatever he draws will take a physical form identical to the drawing. Essentially he can create constructs out of blood. All these constructs will be texture-less, yet blood colored. For him to accomplish this he has to draw a useful amount of blood, then if he has a solid surface; draw exactly what he wants to materialize on it, then it'll sort of come to life. Of course he also has to concentrate hard on what he wants to create. By concentrating these constructs will be able to mimic the features of what he's drawing. Such as if he thinks of a sword really hard while drawing it; it will be metal-like. He can create virtually anything as long as he has enough blood and it isn't too large. Hunter also has the ability to control what he materializes to an extent. In a short orb (around two feet) around him, he can move objects telekinetically, which allows him better control over his constructs. Even if he's holding them. Which is how he appears to be rather skilled in wielding weapons, because he's telekinetically guiding them to their target. In addition to these powers, Hunter is able to regenerate blood extremely fast, and wounds a bit faster. His body also contains a larger amount of blood than average.

At this point he is unable to create living beings with his art. However, in due time he'll have the potential to bring life to his drawings, if they're drawings of creatures/animals.

Weaknesses: Hunter can only use his own blood to draw art. He can't create mechanics with his art, only static objects. While Hunter can regenerate wounds and blood faster, there's a limit to it. It's far from instant, and he may lose too much blood and possibly die. Which is rather dis-servicing because he also has to produce enough blood out of his skin to make art. That requires him to make a rather large wound to produce enough blood. His most blatant weakness is that he requires a bit of time to make art. While he can draw something rather fast with his fingers alone he needs a few minutes to draw. However, he has worked around this by keeping a book of everything he usually draws and keeps it close to him at all times. Speaking of which, he has to draw what he wants to create exactly. It's size, it's detail, etc. Even if he mis-draws one line when it takes a physical shape it'll be rather deformed. It's a little quirk of his to never let this happen, and will scrap the whole thing just to fix that one error. Finally, once he draws the picture and it takes a physical form, the drawing will be left behind and if it's tampered with even in the slightest the construct will be destroyed, until it's corrected and reappears.

Burst Potential: Omicron, and Zeta.

Other:

Well, if I may I will point out a few flaws that could be improved upon.

1. You would be surprised as to how far simple knowledge can take you. Such as someone's favorite color.

2. Most powers become prevalent in the teenage years, I imagine from what he said it's kind of like puberty where it develops at a certain age. So maybe that was one problem

3. No god modding, an atomic bomb is powerful... I would suggest that the explosion is more like a hand grenade because it's if he overloads right? Well basically from what I understand your character is pot of water. It takes in water gradually and if it overfills well then it spills all over the place. So it would be less like an Atomic bomb and more all the energy inside him suddenly escaping... ( Sorry if this isn't making any sense. ) And the max of his energy is his body weight. Well then there would be an explosion the size of his body weight. 160 pounds. Still a lot and can mess up someones day but not even nearly a nuke.

4. Imagine the weird personality if one day, his powers kicked in and he started absorbing the light around him. His Father would probably see the difference... Very interesting... A personality made up of tests and pills and hospitals... Very likely reason to be taken by an academy maybe.

5. So he can drain car batteries and his skin is a solar panel. Explain a bit more... Will electronics around him suddenly be sapped of energy or... What?

6. So you said he was black but later we find out hes white but he just absorbs light? So his actual skin color is white but he looks completely black? Like a sort of shadow? No I'm sorry he wouldn't look like someone with an African decedent. He would be purely black...

Hope I'm not coming off to hard or anything just trying to help and smooth down the rough edges and unexplained bits. Not a bad idea though, the theory of it is really cool.

Okay, I'm going to try and address each of these concerns, starting with the last one:

Derek's not pure black because his skin cells only absorb a little bit of light. Even "white" skin is a just a very light shade of brown most of the time. His skin is just somewhat darker. However, he's been that way since birth. He's absorbed energy without meaning to for years. It'd only become clear he was strange when, like you said, he hit puberty, and he'd then be able to release the energy he's absorbed. There'd be no life long medication.

He can only drain electrical appliances when he touches them. He can only directly absorb solar energy because the light's hitting him. Electricity in machines is contained, so he'd have to make contact to absorb it.

I figured the bomb-like detonation wasn't god-modding because there was no sense of control. That ability is something everyone wants to avoid. The strength of the explosion was a reference to his body converting to pure energy. Add the amount of energy he's absorbed - in this disaster case, his body weight - to his already existing body weight, and you have essentially 320 pounds of raw energy being unleashed. That's why I wanted the big boom everyone wanted to avoid. He could prevent said boom by blasting his excess energy in a safe direction, like straight up.

I think I've covered most of your concerns.