ωσυℓ∂ уσυ ℓιкє тσ нανє fυи?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgotten realms books and The Witcher for me. Never heard of half demons mentioned as such.

I guess my character is a hobbit, then :D
DO IT. MAKE A MIDGET

Like, an actual midget, not just a short person.

I've already finished my character. She's a halfling x3 Kinda short too. Not enough to be a midget though, sadly.

I've already finished my character. She's a halfling x3 Kinda short too. Not enough to be a midget though, sadly.
Don't worry, I can just have Uzuriel remove her legs or something.

Im sorry im just waiting for everyone to finish their character.

I'll try to get mine up soon

This looks interesting!

What's with everyone trying to name their characters the same thing, though? We have a GM named Asriel, a reservation for Azrael, a Demon/Angel hybrid (you might want to read this line from the info page: "A rare instance; a child born of both an angel and a demon. They inherit both sides evenly, but they are such a chaotic child from birth, a constant clash of the opposing bloods within their body, that they die early or are put to sleep.") named Uzuriel, and an Angel dude named Asariel. How will I keep all these peeps straight? Maybe I should make a character named Ezreal.

This looks interesting!

What's with everyone trying to name their characters the same thing, though? We have a GM named Asriel, a reservation for Azrael, a Demon/Angel hybrid (you might want to read this line from the info page: "A rare instance; a child born of both an angel and a demon. They inherit both sides evenly, but they are such a chaotic child from birth, a constant clash of the opposing bloods within their body, that they die early or are put to sleep.") named Uzuriel, and an Angel dude named Asariel. How will I keep all these peeps straight? Maybe I should make a character named Ezreal.

I suppose that's the first supernatural sounding name that comes to mind, for most people. Perhaps I should have named my character something like Israel, simply to fit in, if nothing else.

This looks interesting!

These names are all angelic names. Anything that ends in -iel, -ael or -eal is typically the name of an angel or angelic creature, so it makes sense that all these names would be similar. Or are you telling me it would be more realistic for a demon to be called Steve or Bob?
And I'm fully aware of the restrictions on demon-angels. I didn't even make the profile before consulting Asriel on it. Stop playing GM on other people's RPs.

I don't think it was playing GM, honestly. It seemed more like a jest, the jab at the naming.

Anyway, onto my main concern. Its been quite some time and there hasn't been any progress updates on the countless "reserved" or WIP characters posted up - except for Karakui's character who's mostly finished. Bit alarming, seeing a lot of spots taken while still remaining nothing more than placeholders.

I'd hate to see this RP dwindle and die before it even takes off.

Oh hey, @Princess Poisoned Rose is around, and changed her reservation to Abbadon! Score one for diversity!

@Karakui As for naming all of the characters things that end in "iel" etc., and as for Steve possibly being a superior name, I think that my opinion on the matter is that yes, I would expect the characters in this game to have Portland, Oregon names instead of Angel names. Consider what happens when other cultures migrate here: typically, in order to ensure their children don't have a Bad Time with other children, and in order to instill a sense of American-ness i their children, immigrant parents name their children American names. I've known plenty of Sue and Mary and Chris people whose parents comes from other countries or cultures where those names are never used.

Specifically in this case, as most demons would be trying to hide themselves and would especially be trying to hide their halfling children, I would expect more discrete naming. Steve Emmanuel Hunter is a much less conspicuous name than Emmanuel Hunter, and would help the character blend in and avoid unwanted attention. I would even half expect modern names for old demons, as it makes sense that demons would have to move around as their slow aging became apparent and people realized what they were. It ties well into the trope of demons having many names.

And, specifically in the case of any RP, it's better to name characters different things just so that people can tell them apart.

Sorry about coming across as attempting to GM. I merely saw that your character did not follow the rules, and pointed it out in case you had not recognized that. There's no indication that the GMs have even looked at any of the submissions, so I was going on the assumption that pointing something out was more likely to be helpful than to be harmful.

Hmm, you do have a point there. Somehow it didn't occur to me that they'd be able to change their names XD

For right now, demons are closed. I dont want this rp swimming with them.

You can choose to be an angel, halfing, or human now.
I changed mine to an Angel cause I started making him and had more ideas for that species than a demon. I hope that is okay.

I will have him finished tonight. Right now I am babysitting

Last edited:
Sooooo. Awfully quiet, this RP. Everyone still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.