Orphan Mine - [CLOSED]

no problem! i'll rework his character a bit
my head has had a lot of my school in it so it makes sense for it to be a little disjunct
Dont shirk your studies! :)

ira.png

⫷ ⫷ ⫷ Am I Dreaming? ⫸ ⫸ ⫸

『 THE BASICS 』

⇢ Name | Ira Krow

⇢ Nickname | N/A

⇢ Age | 15

⇢ Birthday | February 7th

⇢ Height | 5'8

⇢ Hair length & color | Right above shoulder length when dry, about shoulder length when wet (due to curls and waves); Brown

⇢ Eye color | Brown

⇢ Gender | Male

⇢ Power(s) | Ira has what he and others have taken to calling the power to create "illusions", though whether or not this serves as an accurate description is debatable. This power most often presents itself in the form of hallucination-like sensory experiences. Just what these sensory experiences may be varies from any given occurrence to another; Most often, they are visual, but can at times encompass one or more of the other senses. The most vivid of these often come about at night, when he is dreaming and unable to actively filter them in any way.

An overactive mind and overactive body go hand in hand, and Ira is also imbued with the ability to heal at a heightened rate. Whether this is a blessing or a curse is debatable, however, as while he may heal more quickly than the average individual, he also experiences the pain associated with an injury more intensely.

⇢ Power limit | While it's unlikely you'd ever hear him outrightly admit to it, Ira has very little control over his powers. On an average day, the best he can hope for is to suppress the so-called "illusions" he creates. When under stress, however, he often fails even at this. His attempts to create specific "illusions" are also, in general, futile.

His healing powers are not all-encompassing nor full-proof. They apply only to injuries in which bone or tissue needs to repair itself (such as cuts, broken bones, etc.) and seem to have little-to-no effect on illness. Like most, he is a frequent victim of the common cold, among other viruses. In addition, they are not instantaneous. For example, whereas a scraped knee may take 1-2 weeks to heal on the average individual, Ira would find the wound gone within a day or two. A broken bone that would normally take 6-8 weeks may repair itself within 1. Healing times vary based upon the exact nature and severity of the injury.

『 MY LIFE STORY 』

⇢ Biography / /
The youngest of three children, Ira's mother died due to complications during childbirth. As Ira grew, so did his powers. At first, it was small things. His family would catch strange hazy sights out of the corner of their eyes, only to find them gone a moment later. At times, odd unintelligible sounds could be heard echoing throughout the house. These experiences, though certainly unsettling, could easily be dismissed as tricks of the eyes and ears; This wouldn't last.

By the time Ira was four, it was clear something was not quite right. Odd visions seemed to follow the boy around. In moments of extreme emotion, they would intensify in startling ways. To make matters worse, the family had begun to notice the child overreacted to the point of hysterics over small injuries, only for them to have disappeared by the next day.

Plagued by issues even before his wife's death, Ira's father's anger and anguish quickly developed into obsession as his son's special abilities became manifest. He began pushing the child to experiment with and learn to control them during every waking moment. Every failure, no matter how small, was unacceptable. Due to the difficult-to-control nature of Ira's powers, these failures were frequent and unceasing.

Homeschooled for obvious reasons, Ira's life quickly descended into an unending routine of sleep, eat, train, repeat. As his father continued to unravel, many of these "training sessions" devolved into what was essentially flat-out abuse - though Ira never viewed it this way, idolizing his father. Ever eager to please, he developed a competitive streak and a cocky attitude, always wanting to prove he was better than others; And, as such, worthy of praise and affection.

It wasn't until Ira was 13 years old that things would change. Having continued to steadily decline over the years, his father eventually began abusing his other children. As regular active members of society without their brother's miraculous healing powers, their mistreatment didn't go unnoticed and the state authorities were soon involved by concerned parties. Upon inspection of the home, Ira's father was deemed unfit and the children were slated to be put into the foster care system. Unable to control his feelings upon learning this, Ira unintentionally made his powers known and was instead sent to the orphanage for those who shared his unusual abilities.

Unaccustomed to life surrounded by so many others and still smarting from the loss of his family, he's proved to be somewhat difficult during his stay at the orphanage. While he's eager to be the top of his class and isn't a stranger to sucking up to adults, he can be confrontational and condescending towards the other children.

⇢ Themes / /

Hallucinating by Elohim

Poison by Cavetown

Dramaturgy by Eve

『 PREFERENCES 』

⇢ Loves / /

→ ✓ ✓ - His journal

→ ✓ ✓- Praise from adults

→ ✓ ✓- Sweaters

⇢ Fears / /

→ ▣ - Being a disappointment to his father

→ ▣- Failure

→ ▣- Embarrassing himself

→ ▣- Deep water

⇢ Dislikes / /

→ ✗ - Feeling inferior

→ ✗- Bubbly, upbeat people

→ ✗- Naps

→ ✗- Soda

→ ✗- Others talking about his family

『 THE PLAYER 』

⇢ Username: ठिक छैन
is a gigantic nerd from Pennsylvania, USA. She loves learning languages, naps, obsessing over characters, doodling, and books about weird stuff like genetic mutations.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Taska Vilna
@ठिक छैन @Justin @Ariel @Reanimator Spuds @Valkan

Orphanage 1F.pngOrphanage 2F.pngOrphanage B1.png

I suppose now is a bad time to mention that, yes, the orphanage dorms are gender separated.

I will offer the tidbit that the secondary dorms on the upper level are reserved for any kids who feel uncomfortable in their assigned, gender's dorm. although the time period would make direct discussion of these kinds of things somewhat more taboo, it is generally understood by orphanage staff that kids are picky and that has sufficed as reasoning for as long as issues have arisen.

@Ariel @Reanimator Spuds you may want to rework your posts in this new light, im going to fix up the setting a bit to reflect these changes as well. The broken window will be in a hallway, so as not to make anything too difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Taska Vilna

If the broken window's in a hallway though, then wouldn't the kids mostly just ignore it? Wouldn't bother them greatly, after all.

How about since @Reanimator Spuds and I have posted that the broken window was in our shared room? How many kids would be in that one room anyway? Going by the map it wouldn't fit more than four in reasonable comfort.

@Taska Vilna

If the broken window's in a hallway though, then wouldn't the kids mostly just ignore it? Wouldn't bother them greatly, after all.

How about since @Reanimator Spuds and I have posted that the broken window was in our shared room? How many kids would be in that one room anyway? Going by the map it wouldn't fit more than four in reasonable comfort.

nyehghgh

I'm looking at the schematics and seeing at least 12 per room, considering bunk beds. i never mentioned comfort :3

But regarding the window, we can brainstorm, do you have any ideas?

i mean we're talking kids in the early 1990s the chances of a co-ed dorm is minimal, rite?

result.jpg

❀ It's my fault, isn't it? ❀

『 THE BASICS 』

⇢ Name | Johann Jockhart

⇢ Nickname | Johnny, Silver, Jojo

⇢ Age | 15

⇢ Birthday | October 2nd

⇢ Height | 171 cm

⇢ Hair length & color | Medium & white

⇢ Eye color | Gray

⇢ Gender | Male

⇢ Power(s) | Light Constructs: As the name implies, Johann can produce solid objects out of light. They can be as soft as a pillow or as hard as steel. These objects' temperature and brightness can be adjusted. As long as it's an object that Johann understands, it can be shaped into anything. From a hand fan, to a suit of armor, to his personal favorite construct, a humanoid figure which he says is his imaginary friend given shape. Pain Enhancer: The more pain Johann is in, the stronger and more resilient he becomes.

⇢ Power limit | The temperature of the objects Johann can produce ranges from cold to boiling. It's brightness maxes before before becoming blinding, although it can be distracting. He can't create any complex mechanisms, such as firearms or power tools. Unlike with his constructs, which he became forced to control, his control over the strength he gains when in pain is almost nonexistent. Becoming more unreasonable and aggressive as pain goes up.

『 MY LIFE STORY 』

⇢ Biography / /
Mary and George Jockhart's only child, Johann was born in a kind and comforting environment. His parents loved him and cared for him. He lived a normal and happy childhood up until he was 9. Johann's parents passed away from a mysterious disease, so, he was taken by his only other close relative, his aunt, Margaret. Little did Johann know, the disease that took his parents' life, was the result of Margaret poisoning them. The reason behind it stemmed from Johann's unusual gift. Ever since Johann was 6, his parents started noticing him playing with strange toys that glowed white. They were kind enough that, despite being normal themselves, still treated their son normally, and even helped him develop his ability somewhat.
Johann's life took a tough turn ever since he arrived at Margaret's house. Other than living in very poor conditions, he was forced to constantly use his ability and develop it, receiving brutal beatings if he ever failed to stand up to Margaret's standards. What prevented Johann's death then, was the fact that his aunt had the talent to mend wounds through medical and chemical knowledge, so no matter how bad she hurt him, she would just cure him after, and have him resume his training. She was part of an underground fighting organization, and saw potential in the ability of her nephew for a fighter. Around his eleventh birthday, Margaret considered Johann ready, so he was thrown to battle. Despite being a kid, his opponent showed no mercy, What saved Johann's life from this man, was that his second ability awakened, and killed him in an explosion of rage. A few days later, he woke up, and as always, his body was sore, but in one piece. Margaret's healing wasn't perfect though, and this beating was particularly bad, so it left a couple of scars. Johann already had a couple of scars thanks to Margaret, but none as big as the one his first fight left in his face.
With such a blatant scar on his face, Margaret could no longer let him outside without raising suspicion. So, from then on, Johann spent his days locked in a room. The only times he was out of his improvised prison, was to go to a fight. The next few years of Johann's life were a horrible cycle. From his room, to a fight, being unconscious for some time, wake up back in his room, only for him to be soon thrown into another fight. Margaret on the other hand, was doing great at his nephew's expense, gaining lots of money from bets put on him. Johann barely winning the fights, yet remaining undefeated was a great factor behind her success. Silver, Johann's fighting nickname, was calling more and more attention from the underground fighting world. This eventually reached the authorities, which planned a raid on the arena Johann frequented. It happened while Johann was fighting. The fight was at its climax, with Johann dominating his opponent after receiving a fair share of hits himself. Agents flooded the venue, either arresting everyone inside, and killed some in the crossed fire, Margaret was among those, but that remains unknown to Johann. All he remembers from the raid is being subdued and feeling a small sting before lights went out.
This time around, Johann woke up in a comfy hospital bed. Sore and bandaged up. It wasn't long before a nurse noticed. She spoke nicely to him, which was something he hadn't seen in years. After a few standard checks, she left to notify the people who brought him here. A man in a suit was his next visitor, yet again, a nice and warm person. This time around, Johann couldn't hold himself and started crying. The man comforted him and patiently waited for Johann to settle down. The man was there to run a personality test, as it was found out by the database of the underground fighting circle that Johann had won most of the fights he was in, killing his opponent more than once. They wanted to see if he was actually a cold blooded killer, or just another victim. It didn't take long for the agent to realize it was the latter. Although Johann was somewhat childish and very shy, he was also kind, empathetic and honest. That last detail was fairly noticeable, and thanks to that, the agent understood that his violent acts were merely the results of being exploited by his aunt. With no other known relatives, he was sent to an orphanage specifically made for people like him.

⇢ Themes / /

Monster
Somnus
Palladio

『 PREFERENCES 』

⇢ Loves / /
→ ✓ ✓ - Pizza

→ ✓ ✓- Dogs

→ ✓ ✓- Cold days

⇢ Fears / /
→ ▣ - Drowning

→ ▣- High places

→ ▣- Losing control of himself

⇢ Dislikes / /
→ ✗ - Fighting

→ ✗- Being lied to

→ ✗- Flying

『 THE PLAYER 』

⇢ Username: Valkan
Just a 20 year old university student, looking to have fun writing.

Last edited:
@Valkan

Excellent!

Two notes:
- Hopefully this doesnt impact the story too much, but the aunt would really not have any powers like these, considering they only started emerging about a decade prior to the start of the story.
-im 100% sure you have this covered, but i just wanna make sure its known how anal i am when it comes to science. Jojo's light constructs will follow the laws of physics as they are understood, namely the law of conservation of energy. :^)
(you may also just choose to write his powers as more of an almighty ability, rather than one bound by the universe. I'm just an ass.)

Okay then, changed that detail about Johann's aunt.
As for the constructs, yeah, they're mostly changing his surroundings.
Also, while we're at it, could I have Jojo just arrive at the orphanage when I start RPing?

Okay then, changed that detail about Johann's aunt.
As for the constructs, yeah, they're mostly changing his surroundings.
Also, while we're at it, could I have Jojo just arrive at the orphanage when I start RPing?

YES.

this is good plot advancement.

Do we have an official consensus on dorm layout? I don't want to make a post that doesn't make sense with whatever was decided.

Do we have an official consensus on dorm layout? I don't want to make a post that doesn't make sense with whatever was decided.

i think personally ive settled with the updated one.

so this set of maps:Orphanage B1.pngOrphanage 1F.pngOrphanage 2F coed edit.png

it works with what's been posted thus far, though i havent heard from the others :V

Um I am fine with keeping up with what we got. I just didn't want to ABA post

• Thank You
Yeah, it's fine, just keep going.

• Thank You
Sorry, got a little distracted by the hecticness of life but I'm still up for this. I'll try and post soon.

• Thank You
Same here, I'll try to post later today

• Thank You