Orochi says we should recount all the karma and posts based on New Iwaku!

Should we recount the karma and posts based on what you ACTUALLY have on Iwaku 4.0?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ain't helping you get rid of that OCD of yours, Diana.

That's what medicines are for.

STOP USING ME AS A MEAT SHIELD, DIANA! >:E

I personally don't care if I lose 5,800 posts and I have a custom karma of -600something(STOP RAISING IT, YOU DERPS!) anyway so I don't have a say in that.

And Diana, when I yelled at you to stop being a wuss and do it, I meant do it anyway like a nice little tyrant. YOU WUSS!

(wow, people really do yell at Diana whenever she brings this up)

I'm going to play the reset man. You see we can go on debating forever about keeping history and not keeping history. Now it is true that we do know of our past. It is also true that new member do not know of our past. But when you think about that, does that not mean something good? When you get down to it, a new member will look at a reset veteran and actually think about joining an RP with them. This in turn allows them to open up to a proven-to-work style. We can teach our young new members how to RP and not scare them away with our large post count or karma.

On the other hand, I am sad to see that my 2000 post legacy of legit non-spam posts will be destroyed. However, so long as that sacrifice brings in new members who will become, in essence, my disciples; then I am all for the reset and having this family expand. Nobody should feel unworthy to someone else just because they have been here longer.

Writing in the Moonlight,

~Pirogeth

Well...with neck and neck stats...it remains to be seen what happens.

I still maintain that I like a vestment of our old stats...and face it, there will be no one who will frequent a 'staffie' museum but the staffie.

>.>

All in all, I guess it doesn't matter which way this goes...I just know that those with karma and post count now worked hard for it on old Iwaku...it's hard to imagine tiny numbers MEANS something...but that karma was a 'thumbs up' for good work that, in a sense, we treasure.

Or maybe I'm just a dragon guarding my gold...but I have a tad of attachment toward my karma count.

Just sayin

By the way, since some people are confused about the karma.... it still works the same way as he old Iwaku karma. o__o You only get it when people give it to you or take it away. (this includes when someone "thanks" a post. that's just a quick-karma button)

*backflips off the fence*

Right, I'm going to go with Xin and say no to the reset.

As a newbie to Iwaku, I based a lot of my decisions on post-counts and karma. I chose who to go to, who to give time for, and who I could trust to stick around and develop stories with me. Plus the history of Iwaku (real or exaggerated) was a massive attraction to me - a tradition that I wanted to be a part of. I would have left long ago if I thought Iwaku was just a short-lived fad.

So yes, I've pushed the "elitist and snooty" button, but it's also the "safeguarding future Asmo's" button.

*rides off on his horse, trampling peasants*

*Hops aboard the USS Big Wanker*

Back away from mah karma and mah post count! I ain't spending 3 years getting that stuff back up!

Meh. I don't really care. The only thing I kept from Old Iwaku is my epic 5 karma points. The 300-something posts are all from New Iwaku, since I remember reaching 500 posts on the old site.

And no, Asmo does not suck. He's the only Admin, save Diana, that I see and/or speak to on something that vaguely resembles a regular basis.

I'M GONNA BE A JERK AND SIDE WITH ASMO. HURR HURR AND JOLLY OLD CHIPPER AND THE WHAT NOT.

*Points at Rory!* TRAITOR!

I TOLD YOU TO DO IT ANYWAY, DIANA! BUT YOU DIDN'T! >:E

IT'S TOO LATE NOW! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR BEING A WUSS!

Orochi, doing it anyway would incite the wrath of members such as myself, who may accept a group decision on the matter but are extremely outraged by dictatorial behavior.

Of course, that group may just be me, in which case everyone else is just extremely passive and/or mods.

... Xindy, Oro darling was kidding, I assure you.
I have to say that I do think it improves the chances that the members will got to the right people for help.
That may be what the staff coloration is for, to give them a beacon, but it is also reassuring to know that the person you're going to does know what they're doing and is seasoned.
So... I also protest being called a wanker. Oh well .__.;

Hey, how come people know Orochi is kidding when he name calls and not me? ;__;

... *Points!* Wankers!

Lol..I thought it was pretty obvious you were joking though, considering the joke option at the bottom, and considering the fact it's weird for an American to use the term wanker.

anyone that tries to take my poscount away will be killed maimed and burnt.

call me a wanker, call me a tosspot, i dont really care.

the postcount is more than just an arbitrary number to me, its a note of my demonstrated commitment to the site and roleplaying.

Edit: by the way Xnij brother, they're the mods, we're the members, they make the decisions, our job is to suck it up and roleplay.
and im not passive, im rather aggressive.
I jsut understand that thats the way the mod system works, rather like a benevolent dictatorship (but in this case we have two lord and masters and one lady and master)

Well, you heard them, Orochi! Try to take it away from them! I DARE you! You fiend!

Reactions: 1 person
You may take Xindaris's postcount... but you'll never take.... his freedom!

Now, I'm not sure if WMD was talking to me or not (since it seems likely he was talking to Xnijmai or whoever), but he's wrong about the benevolent dictatorship bit. See, all members joined Iwaku of our their own accord, and moderators are just members with power intended to settle disputes between other members. Admins are just members who are responsible for keeping the website up. Both the mods and admins of Iwaku, at least in the present state, have been normal members before and should understand what it's like.

Nobody in authority on a forum should ever act like dictators, at least not in my book. Especially if said forum's goal is not to make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.