Original World Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in nearly all of your ideas and the settings! I would really love to rp the spelunking idea for the Glacelieu Cave Region, the Hauteflamme volcano ideas for the Hauteflamme region, and the Monster Hunter and Mysterious Tutor ideas for the Axevrai region. I would be willing to do any of those ideas, so if you're still looking for partners to rp that with you, I'd be happy to discuss plot and characters with you.

I am still looking, and it's good to hear how many of my ideas interest you! Would you like to hear a bit more about the ideas? Do any have character ideas swimming in your head? =) Do you have any questions?

Also, sorry if the wiki (linked on the image) is a bit of a mess. I only just changed the names of several duchies, and I'm going through and working on monster pages at the moment.

I think I'd like to hear more about the volcano and associated ideas, as well as the ice cave. As for characters, I mostly play pansexual or gay male characters, but I like these ideas enough that I'd be okay playing a straight man if that's a hard no go for you. Could you tell me a bit more about the magic system of your world?

Hauteflamme Volcano is where the Hero of Light from 300 years ago sealed the remains of the Great Evil. It's always been filled with monsters and treasures, as though to lure the greedy to feed its inhabitants. Despite a massive city nearby, it remains stubbornly uninhabited by humans. It's riddled with caves and dead-end passages, and it is very easy to get lost once inside.

Recently, the Duke from Aridefort sent troops after recieving reports of suspicious activity. None of the soldiers made it back, though two made it to the gates of the Hauteflamme capital to have a report sent to Aridefort. The contents of the report are classified, though its existence is not.

Glacelieu Cave is a mysterious place that so far few people have ever returned from alive. It's rumored to hold all of the secrets of magic somewhere inside, but the only ones capable thus far of getting to where these secrets are have been unwilling to lead strangers there, despite going every year with books and notes from academies around the country to deliver them to the library within.

Finally, the magic system. I have two pages about it on the wiki, if you'd like a look: humans and magic.

As for sexuality, you can play what you like, but keep in mind that the world of Saldecla is not a progressive world, and all NPCs will assume your character is straight. Homosexual behaviors are unheard of because when they happen, the participants tend to be deeply ashamed of themselves for deviating more than even monster races will from "healthy" breeding habits.

It's quite a bit of reading, I know. I've been working on this world for three years, so I suppose it's only natural there's a lot of information. =)

Okay, it all looks great. And I love playing in well-developed worlds, especially ones with wikis, because it makes it a lot easier for me not to get confused or forget something and the world feels a lot fuller.

I like your ideas for the volcano and the cave equally as much, I don't think I could decide between the two. Is there an idea/setting you would prefer of the two? Or, would you consider possibly having two separate storylines within the rp with two separate characters?

I'm definitely up for both storylines, though I'd prefer starting with one so we can get to know each other as players.

However, my eagerness DEMANDS we start both at once. I'm gonna go with... "Let's do both! Eee!"

I have a page for character creation and another for determining age that I use to make sure I don't forget anything. Speaking of forgetting anything, the page about the economy is short, but useful.

Okay! I'll read up about your world and create my character and stuff while Iwaku is down, and afterwards we can discuss everything some more if we feel the need to.

Alright. I'll be working on the monsters section in the meantime-- I have a lot of work to do there. =)

I'm still looking. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.