Original Superhero Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing set up except potentially a first plot, depending on what sort of characters everyone apps for. So if you want to play a villain, I'm totally all for that!

I really hope this RP doesn't move so fast that I get frustrated and leave, I'm really looking forward to it. ;-;

Alright, no Time-Control. How about the control and gradual mimicry of pollution and filth. Dirty things. Acceptable?

I... would need some examples of how that would be used in a fight? The mimicry specifically, and what kinds of filth it would apply to, because "dirty things" could potentially include just plain "dirt" which would be earth manipulation...

What I was thinking was he has the ability to control, shape, and make living trash, sewage, things of or affiliated with waste. Look up Pollution Manipulation on the Superpower Wiki for an idea.

I have an idea, I'm just not sure I like it. "Waste" is a vague term, it can apply to pretty much anything and everything that's been discarded--plastics, metals, battery acid, etc. No, I don't think I'll be allowing that specific power.

EDIT: I don't think I'll be able to get the OOC for this up today. Sorry, I can only get internet while I'm on campus, unless I'm using my phone, which--no way I'm typing all of that up on a phone.

I'll be on my laptop again on Wednesday, so I'll spend tonight and tomorrow working on the posts so they'll be ready to put up by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be a bit of a stretch if my character is a human who is gradually turning into an alien war robot through alien nanobots in his system?

He gradually becomes more resistant to damage, and can repair from severe damage via nanobots
gains superhuman speed, strength, reflexes, and senses.
Starts to have alien weapons and gadgets built within him for his use.
Needs only metal and electricity to survive.

but as the process goes along, he begins to lose his humanity.

Loss of empathy and feeling.
Subject to EMP and "logic bombs"
Loses his will to keep from killing and capturing humans
He may not be alone.

Ooh, I'm so excited for this! I'm so gonna be a villain. :D

...yes, Salsacookies, that would very much be a stretch. Besides, I wasn't planning on doing anything with the aliens until we got the human characters established, so no characters directly related to the aliens will be allowed for a while.

@Faulkner I was just wondering if intangibility is still on the table? She won't be able to, like, reach into people and pull their hearts out or any of that stuff. And she can't instant-dodge hits; it's all a matter of her perception and whether she can make herself believe it's solid or not (which is pretty hard to do when a fist/foot/fiery blast is coming straight at you). Since it's like the real world like you said, it'll take her a while to get past the "this is a very solid and real thing, how does one just MOVE through solid things" phase.

Last edited:
Intangibility sounds fine, just remember it's inherent weakness--you have to turn solid to actually DO anything, leaving her vulnerable yo attack.

Reactions: Indabayou
Of course! I'll keep that in mind

Is my guy turning into a Dragon or Orge okay?

I might give this a try, it could be fun. Though I'd have to think of something entertaining, power-wise. Some of the basic premise there has a lot of potential for interesting story development, depending on what secret truths are there to be uncovered.

@Razilin , friction manipulation sounds good. I like the limitations on it you outlined earlier.

Okay, no more questions about what powers will and won't be allowed. That will be answered (for the most part) when I get the OOC up. That includes Salsacookies' last question.

Seems like you have a pretty full roster as is, but I would love to join. I have been looking for a hero rp like this and I have a cheeky ferrokinetic engineer that is just itching to be written.

I've got the essential OOC posts ready to go up, I'm just trying to double-check them for any errors or any details I forgot. It'll definitely be up tomorrow while I'm on the computer at work though.

Reactions: Indabayou
Status
Not open for further replies.