Original Superhero Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man that'd be a fun power to have.

Also, still here. Just kinda stalking this for now, I'll join when the OOC goes up.
your avatars shit eating grin?

the face a character with friction control makes during someone's wedding night

Reactions: Indabayou
I am still an affiliate of RPG. Cartwright's the old name XD

this looks like it could be interesting! I'll keep an eye on it!

But I'm going to state right off the bat that some powers are going to be banned: telepathy, time travel, reality bending, and anything relating to probability.
Since a few are definitely off the table I'll be asking first before choosing any kind of power definitely ^-^
I have a whole list that I would like to do, some of which I figure would be no problem at all, but some are on the edge for certain people on whether or not they'd allow it in their universe.

Nullification (ranging from level 1: needing physical contact to weaken/nullify others' powers (effectiveness depending on the others' level), to max level: selectively nullifying others' powers at a distance and/or mass nullification.)
Amplification (ranging from level 1: needing physical contact to amplify others' powers a little bit, to max level: selectively amplifying others' powers a lot at a distance and/or mass amplification.)
Vita-Mortokinesis (life/death manipulation that can range from level 1: minor healing/harming others or self, to max level: give/take life)

Those three for example could be kind of just on or just over the edge for some, which is why I'm placing them here first. I have plenty of others that I don't mind playing instead if none of these are allowed in the RP, but we all have our preferences after all haha

...okay, when I used the term "level up" I meant it rather metaphorically. There aren't going to be actual levels or experience points here. I was just using it as a metaphor to explain how everyone's gonna be starting out weak and slowly growing stronger based on participation.

That said, I have two criteria for whether a power is allowable. The first is whether it naturally lends itself to metagaming, which powers like telepathy really, really do. The second is whether or not another player could reasonably fight back against it (whether it lends itself to powergaming, essentially); an instant-kill power, for example, which is what the "max level" of your morto-kinesis sounds like, would definitely not be allowed. Amplification and nullification both sound acceptable.

Technically, anything could be used to 'instant kill' someone, the Joker used a pencil in The Dark Knight for example, but the difference is the possibility of dodging, missing, deflecting, etc. Does that make sense to everyone?

Reactions: Indabayou
Power nullification is a fun power from personal Rp experience.

Playing one right now in another game

Are we taking into account that someone with power amplification or nullification, especially of low level, would potentially have no way of knowing that they had a power?

I simply referred to levels as well as a start and end point, I mean you never said anything about an exam moment where they 'graduate' to another level so I simply continued on on the 'this is a simple way of explaining without using a 5 page essay' XD
Anyway I figured that yes the Vita-Mortokinetic ability would likely be off the table, but the more is actually mentioned of what can or can't be done the easier it also becomes at times for others to know what the boundaries are ^-^
Since you said that Amplification and Nullification would considerable that opens up a number of possibilities... hmmm

How it's played 'right' sometimes does depend on various aspects, such as how the power itself manifests itself. Same goes for amplification to be honest :P

As for the possibly not noticing it while it's a low level, I would take it into account, yes. That's the majority of the fun to be honest XD

I simply referred to levels as well as a start and end point, I mean you never said anything about an exam moment where they 'graduate' to another level so I simply continued on on the 'this is a simple way of explaining without using a 5 page essay' XD
Anyway I figured that yes the Vita-Mortokinetic ability would likely be off the table, but the more is actually mentioned of what can or can't be done the easier it also becomes at times for others to know what the boundaries are ^-^
Since you said that Amplification and Nullification would considerable that opens up a number of possibilities... hmmm

How it's played 'right' sometimes does depend on various aspects, such as how the power itself manifests itself. Same goes for amplification to be honest :P

As for the possibly not noticing it while it's a low level, I would take it into account, yes. That's the majority of the fun to be honest XD
food for thought for later-gameplay use of power nullification. when i played out this power in another game, the char's ability was touch-sensitive: it only worked if he had skin contact with the target. he turned it into a ranged power by surgically removing some of his bones and putting them in bullets. =)

it ruined his hand, but now he could nullify at range.

The way I've often played it is it being blood related, so blood bullets or syringes filled with them could be used as a weapon, so it has to be contact, or a lot of carving in herself leaving plenty of scars.

Haha, my bad, I just wanted to make sure I was understood.

OOC should be going up later today, still working on everything that needs posting.

OOC should be going up later today, still working on everything that needs posting.
Awesome! I can't wait :D

Hooray!

@Faulkner

are you opposed to me playing both a villain and a hero? or did you have a villain already set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.