Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Laika

Original poster

There's not much to know about me, studied Art & Animation in college and have been floating around for a couple of years since. Stepped away from play-by-post role playing the last year as I do every so often, although it is fair to say this has been the longest stretch. Need something to fill the time. I'll probably only be taking on a couple of people, at least at first. Long term partners are partners are preferable, below you'll find some guidelines, plots & pairings to browse. If you don't see something that interests you post here or message me with some ideas.

_____________​

• I'm willing to role play through on site threads or on site messaging. I will not role play in chat rooms , e-mail, IM, etc.
  • Will include romance in plots & pairings if it is something you want in the role play or if a particular plot calls for it. The same extends to sex.
  • Partners must be over the age of 18, this extends to all role play romantic or otherwise. No exceptions, thanks.
  • I prefer writing anywhere from a few small paragraphs to a number of larger paragraphs and usually can post at least once (if not a few times) a day.
  • Please don't Godmod or Metagame, it really ruins the experience.
  • For the majority of role plays I like to have brief character sheets (e.g. name, age, appearance, personality), character development helps to keep me interested and motivated in writing.

Plot Hooks

Like city lights, receding. [Sci-fi] [Cyberpunk] -

A role play based on a post-industrial dystopian version of Earth, "Terra", relying heavily on cyberpunk elements particularly social order, cybernetics, robotics and cyber organisms. The role play looks to avoid the typical online setting of the genre focusing more on the human aspect of it who live in a high tech-low life world of computers, technology and corruption. Mega corporations have become governments and control almost all aspects of life holding political, social, military and economic power. Our characters will take on the roles of mercenaries persecuted by the all encompassing EuropaCorp mega corporation that takes them far in wide in search of solace and vindication.

-

EDEN. [Sci-fi] [Slice of Life] -

The 60's and 70's were an incredible era for space exploration. Missions from NASA's Ranger and surveyor to Russia's Lunokhod all gathered data on the moon whether from orbit or on the surface in order to prepare for man's landing. The climax of the era of exploration of course, was Apollo where humans stepped on another body in our Solar system for the first and only time in history.

This role-play imagines a fictional alternative where man revisits the moon and sets up permanent base there while talks of colonizing the entirety of the moon are in talks back home. EDEN is the first and so far only base built on the moon with a capacity for 300 people and a current population of 90. EDEN is located on the far side or dark side of the moon at the South Poles, a region known to experience long periods of darkness and sparse light. While originally starting and still acting as a scientific outpost, in it's efforts to become self-sustainable and supported by numerous expansions still continuing, EDEN has become the first step in building a city in space that can house citizens rather than purely a workforce dedicated to scientific research or upholding EDEN. Daily life on the colony is no walk in the park, often exhausting and you never know what dangers lurk.

-

If Help Arrives [Modern] [Post Apocalyptic] -

-Dial tone-

The following message is transmitted by request of the United States Federal Government. This is not a drill. Civil authorities in your area have reported that the bodies of the dead are rising from their graves and attacking the living. Follow the messages onscreen that will be updated as information become available. Do not attempt to approach or apprehend these bodies as they are considered extremely dangerous. This is an extinction class event. Citizens are advised to remain in their homes or seek out the closest available crisis center.

-Dial tone cuts-

Run of the mill, zombies. Yeah, I know, I'm sorry.

-

Something wicked this way comes. [Fantasy] [Adventure] [Quest] -

From the outside, the inn seemed much like the rest of Galloway in appearance. It had been difficult to look through the windows but as you entered through the thick, wooden door; groans welcome you. It's as dreary inside as it is on the out. Hardwood beams support the upper floor and the lanterns attached to them. The walls have a few pictures here and there, though the dust stops you from taking a closer look. Locals seem to be the primary clientele here. The patrons appear dangerous in one way or another, but whoever they are, you'd prefer not to look at them the wrong way, save a fight that would get you locked up in barracks cages until they decide to let you go. You did hear rumors about this tavern, supposedly it's infamous for something, but for the life of you you can't remember what for. Though judging by everything you've seen so far, you don't really care and you probably don't want to know.

As night takes hold, the inn has grown full and lively as it dwells further into the night. Our adventurers find themselves either joining the festivities or still awake in the tavern because with all the noise they find themselves unable to sleep. Occasionally the howl of a wolf pierces the ears of the patrons, the sound is chilling but doesn't impede on the festivities. A fog had rolled over the town having been approaching for quite a while giving a completely different atmosphere to the town streets, many of the lanterns no longer burning for another night.

Suddenly, it grew quiet as a flock of armored guard, swords, halberds or crossbows at the ready ran down the street past the inn the thudding of their leather boots rushed. One guard passing lit the lanterns hanging outside buildings as they could, but was trying to keep up with his comrades. For whatever reason took them, the adventurers are drawn to it, they approach the door and flood onto the street.

-
Prudence Law [Fantasy] [Period] [Vampire] -

Rosewood Manor was a proud, Victorian mansion nestled among the redwood forests, offset from the shores of Prudence Bay. Over time, thick bundles of vine crept up the mossy stone, covering most of its walls with lush green foliage. One might judge from outward appearance that it was merely a husk of what it once was, abandoned to let nature claim its elements. While in truth, it housed Cornelius Moreau, an Elder amongst his kind, a small council of representatives, his disciples and coven members. Among these members, was a youthful vampire by the name of Eva Latrael. She came as a stranger and was welcomed as a daughter.

Two young bloods from separate covens meet under unfortunate circumstances at Rosewood Manor, 19th century political intrigue, violence and vampires.

-
Requiem for the West [Western] [Slice of Life] [Historical] -

The year is 1910 and the sun begins to set on frontier life. The era of the outlaw draws to a close as civilization turns its back on the days of swinging saloon doors and XXX whiskey. Long past are the days of the American Gold Rush and pioneering discovery with the rise of the automobile leading to a dwindling cowboy population. Law and government becoming more prevalent and certainly more and more welcomed by the folk of the Old West make the lives of those remaining outlaws torment and the lawmen who hunted them redundant (at least by comparison).

A young outlaw is chased across the remnants of the western frontier by a persistent bounty hunter. (Expect to play multiple characters so we're not just writing a collaborative, elongated chase scene).

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant profile. Like city lights, receding but I also have some plot ideas including sci-fi, cyberpunk, modern and a combination of all three.

Would love to chat

@Lemongrass Dude, stop taunting me! I love all of your plots but my favorite is Prudence Law. Love love *love* Victorian gothic horror with supernatural creatures!!!! I'll send you a PM~

Still searching for partners, new plot added `Requiem for the West`.

Status
Not open for further replies.