Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Haruhi

Original poster
Heya guys.

I'm on the hunt for a new RP partner or two.
A few Quick things to note
- I'm looking for an experienced, mature RP partner. I'm 30 (and female) and so I want someone at least 25 upwards, and, preferably a native English speaker.

- I'll outright say that I'm very picky. I'm looking to RP with people who are comfortable telling a story and breathing life into a character. I like intense scenes and intricate plots, so people with an eye for detail and the ability to remember previous plots points are a must. I don't RP well with people who have flat characters, rely on me to be the sole person moving the plot and aren't willing to world build and elaborate.

- I'm also honest. If the RP isn't working for me then I'd rather tell you than disappear. I'd like the same in return.

- I'm only looking for M/M at the moment.

- I don't use IM for RP and never will. I prefer threads or google docs.

- I prefer quality over quantity and speed. I don't mind if it takes you a day or two to get a really good, well thought out and descriptive reply. I would rather that than a hastily thrown together, one dimensional reply, posted for the sake of posting. I don't expect novel length replies. They should be as long or short as they need to be. I write more when setting a scene or introducing a character or concept, and then less when our characters are conversing.

- I'm more comfortable writing my way through an epic fight scene than a pointless smut scene. Of course I do love to smut the muses, but not constantly and there needs to be some balance. I love plot and adore slow burn situations.

- I'm very comfortable with mature and dark themes, though I believe that ideas should always be discussed before bringing them into the plot.

- I'm in a time zone that often conflicts with most others. I also work full time, run a blog and work as a freelance writer. There will be times where it'll take two or three days for me to get a reply done. Other times I'll be sitting here with a glass of wine and ready to go. So if you are wanting super-fast responses and constant interaction then I am not the partner for you.

At the moment I have this insane want to brush off some of my old Jrock faceclaims/PBs. So if you know The Gazette or lynch. or 12012 etc then flail at me below. Of course this isn't a strict requirement so feel free to hit me up if any of my plot bunnies tickle your fancy.

About my characters
I enjoy making a fresh character for each line, though there are some traits that certainly stick around.

- I love size differences (and age differences) in lines and I love playing the shorter, smaller one (I think it's because I'm so tall in RL) HOWEVER, I don't like weak, childlike muses. My guys are normally little spitfires and firecrackers with a mouth on them that makes up for their lack of height. They'll glare a taller character in the eyes while inwardly bitching about how their neck is getting sore.

- I work best with characters who are sneaky, manipulative and diabolically cunning. Spies and double agents, police informants, journalists in over their heads, prostitutes playing clients off against pimps and all other things in between. They go well as the brains to situations. Flirtatious and devious, they're often little teasers who enjoy both making people squirm and the result when others break under the pressure.

- I love putting my muses through hell and I love having characters who are jaded and have seen too much. I tend to give them troubled pasts (that will no doubt come back to bite them in the ass and complicate things) and commitment issues. That said, they're always the type that are stronger for it. I'll torment them to no ends, but they don't break and cry; they fight back, take care of themselves and plot their vengeance. Of course it's always amazing to have someone else help them along the way and, if needed, pick up some emotional pieces.

- They generally swear like sailors, drink vodka like its water and often chain-smoke. They also tend to like knives and shiny things.

Characters I love to play against
- I love the silent, brooding 'I don't feel a thing' types. Simply because my muses like to get in under their skin and watch them squirm.

- Straight laced, 'by the book' cops are also win, as are bodyguards who somewhat hate their charges.

- I adore bossy, stubborn, dominant and demanding characters who like to tell mine what to do… only to realise that that's not going to work out too well. But make them strong and don't back down when met with opposition. My muses tend to be able to smell fear and will exploit that ;)

- Badasses and dangerous, violent individuals, either with or without a softer side.

- I like opposites attracting. Rivals are great to play around with, or the idea of cold hearted mercenaries getting caught up with chatty thieves/prostitutes/street rats and them coming to some form of middle ground.

- Basically anyone my guys can lead astray and eventually win over.

Things I don't like
- Sugar-happy, whimpy, childlike muses.
- Damsels in distress, the weak and helpless and those that sit around waiting for someone else to save them.
- C-boys and crossdressing (unless it's part of a funny plan to 'hide' etc).
- Weak, shy and timid submissives.
- One dimensional characters who don't change and evolve
- Insta-love and super-fast emotions
- Unrealistic character development

I like real characters. Ones with depth and layers, real fears and short comings. Love slow burn relationships where they really have to work towards it, so trust and commitment issues are a lot of fun. Strong independence is something that I like to see.

I love plots with danger and violence, with threatening bad guys and life and death situations. Add some drama, some angst and a good old 'blood spit' after a brutal brawl and you've got my idea of a great time.

Plot Bunnies and Character Concepts
- A Cop and his criminal informant
- An actual decent strip club/brothel boss and a jaded stripper/prostitute
- A Private Investigator and the client he just knew was going to be trouble
- A high profile lawyer and a snooping investigative journalist
- A regular client and a taunting prostitute
- A powerful shapeshifter and an elemental demon with defunct abilities
- A street rat vs a yakuza brat
- Members of an underground resistance group (humans vs supernatural creatures, outcasts looking to overthrow all-controlling local gang etc)
- A bouncer at a strip/brothel/cabaret/host club and the star attraction they're not meant to touch
- Rival gang members

Setting Ideas
- A city of sin and corruption; something like Kowloon Walled City
- Anything (including mixing any of the above) in a post-apocalyptic/crumbling/dystopian world.
- Full fantasy worlds
- Red Light Districts
- Urban fantasy with an alternate reality sort of scene
- Futuristic slums (like Almost Human and Total Recall)
- Slums and decrepit towns filled with desperate, destitute people struggling to get by. Love this.
- Huge cities like Tokyo, but after a zombie/pandemic/angel vs demon war
- The afterlife/limbo. Maybe a war is going on between heaven and hell and human souls are trapped in a crumbling limbo.
- A world like the TV show The 100

So that's what I'm looking for in a nutshell. Please let me know if you're interested by either commenting below or shooting me a PM.

Cheers, guys!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
If you're still looking for a partner let me know! Your street rat vs yakuza brat pairing sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.

If you're still looking for a partner let me know! Your street rat vs yakuza brat pairing sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.
Hello! I am totally still looking.

I did check out your RP resume and noticed that you tend to enjoy playing shy, quiet types, which is totally cool but may not be what I'm looking for. I'll happily discuss things though and see what we can work out. So if you're still interested, shoot me a PM and we can throw some ideas around. XD

Just a little bump...

giphy.gif

I'm heckin interested in starting something with you, we like the same kind of stuff

I'm heckin interested in starting something with you, we like the same kind of stuff
Heya. I'd love to have a chat and work something out. Care to shoot me a PM with any ideas you might have?

Status
Not open for further replies.