3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
I'm on a 10 minute break in a 3-hour lecture, and a few of my classmates are 1000x more engaged learning how to make paper cranes than they were with the lecture xD

Does anyone here like to do origami? I used to be really into it when I was a kid, but I fell out of practice.

I still get a little irritated when a process involves taping, gluing or cutting though, I guess I'm kind of a purist because if I consider it "paper crafts" instead of origami if its anything other than folding.

Boy, do I love myself some origami! I used to be pretty obsessed back in high school, but mellowed down after that I started university. Nowadays I do it whenever I watch movies, or am in a (long) call and not doing anything in particular.

My favourite things to fold are origami kusudama (origami (flower) balls) and 3d origami objects. Though I do enjoy the simple single sheet origami as well. It is just that tinkering around with the units that gives me a great joy when bored. They are also great gifts to sent~ Ask @Princess Misaou and @Wicked. XD

3d origami swans + single sheet roses
[spoili]
d9a4803adc01112ffa6ae2578084aaa7-d6q7d31.jpg
[/spoili]

Kusudama
[spoili]
kusudama___kawasaki_roses_by_wawa12-d6g4yzt.jpg

b5f3f4ee545b0287e32411a8a0f2a36e-d8yl8ro.jpg
[/spoili]

Only if poorly done paper air planes count. :(

But it would be something fun to learn.
If for nothing more than getting some cool new (and free) decorations.

Reactions: foodforpigs
I enjoy making things out of dollar bills. It makes for a cute tip at a restaurant.

Reactions: Minibit
With origami, I usually just give up and try to defy the conventional "folding limit" of paper, which is now accepted to be 12 times (as the record). EDIT:// With a standard sheet of paper, I think the limit is 4-5, but I'm not sure.

EDIT #2:
Screw it. Here's a fast and dirty reference to the current record holder. The common conception was that the limit was 7 times.

Britney Gallivan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDIT #3:
OH SHIT! I'm going deep now! COOL!
Mathematics of paper folding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
The last time I folded some origami was for a class project on Hinamatsuri, decided to make a paper set instead of spending hundreds on a proper doll set.

I know two (major (sort of)) origami figures, a box and a vase. I really like origami, so calming, and yet at times so aggrevating!

Status
Not open for further replies.