Ordinis Sancti Percute; The True Accounting of World War 2.

Damnit, now you have me doing it:

Kani: "Have you no fear? Or no mind? To me, you are a void- I can't read you as I can the others. My, what a fascinating creature you are..."

Adrian Maelstrom: "You reek of fear, and it's not your own. I like you."

Yggdri: "May the Great Mother watch over you, mo chara1​. I've always been interested in your craft; I never had the Mother's gift though."

Arthur 'Dutch' 'Ze Cowboy' Crowe: "Hm. One of the few men I've come across with a lower fear of death. You, sir, are a hardy man."

Nathaniel Zike: "Watch your six, Zike. Wouldn't want that thing you saw when you were four sneaking behind you, would we?" He says with a mischievous chuckle.

Elizabeth Milton: Jace lays a gentle kiss on her hand "Ah, mon cheri, such beauty in such a hard world. And oh, the things I could do with that mind of yours... It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Ms. Milton. And I hope to be seeing more of you."

Captain Richard D. Winters: "... A man truly inspirational of fear, if his skills are known. I think we should get along fair enough."

Alcina Salem: "Witch, eh? I had an aunt who was a witch. Sadly, though, she lived in a small village far from the law's arm, and the villagers were deeply religious and followed the Old Testament ways, mostly. They burned her. Let us hope the same fate does not befall you."

Han van Helsing: "Watch your step 'round the supernaturals, hunter. Hate to see you fall prey to your own instincts."

Calvin Daniel Walters: "Now, wouldn't it just be the damnedest thing if you saw your brother in a military camp... heiling a swastika? Make sure t'take a good hard look at the Jerries you shoot, Walters, one might be your kin." *walks away immediately, hands clasped behind his back and a devious grin on his face.

Ituha, Sturdy Oak: "Welcome to the homeland of the people who slaughtered your kin, windblood. I simply 'ope it wasn't my ancestors who hurt any of your people- I've always been fond. Don't fear much, and what ye do is within reason. I like that. Not as fun to play with, but ye make good company."

Kazumasa Gaul: "The Crimson Oni. I've 'eard a bit about you. Small part o' me wonders what'd happen if I put on that mask o'yours. But a small part of me's certain I'd die. So I'll pass."

1​ Irish Gaelic: My friend
Hey bud you may have posted a FUCK-TON of these.

Fixed it. Lagged out to hell and back for some reason.

tl;dr: I joined the role play, made a list of initial impressions my characters had of everyone else. Limey followed suit. :ferret:

@Kadaeux Writing my IC post now, not sure what to do in the dialogue portion as the goals seem fairly clear. Apologies if it's short. Please land craft ASAP.

As for everyone else, feel free to interact with Ituha or Calvin. It should be fun. :bsmile: If you need help with your intros and want to collaborate, just ask.

Yeah basically everyone gets a chance to introduce themselves. Then comes time to land....

One way....

Or the other.

Name: Kazumasa Gaul
Appearance:
eefbc29a2ece7d95ce42bbdc94899f86.jpg

Kazumasa stands 5'7", and has a rather stocky frame, built from working on the docks of Vancouver for the past 6 years. He keeps his black hair close cut, and his face clean shaven. Under his clothing however, the skin of his right shoulder has been tatooed in a unique, stylized motif of armour.

In his altered form, Kazumasa grows to a height of 7'8", his skin turning a dark crimson red, while his hair grows long, down to just above his buttocks, while turning a lusterous silver. The mask seems to fuse to his face, and the crimson horns grow in length, until they are nearly a foot long.
oni_zps7c1eb327.jpg

Specialization: Supernatural

History: His mother, Charlotte Gaul, was a daring young woman for her time, back in 1917. She was pulled into the criminal underworld by the money, and the desire to be more. However, when she met a tatooed man from Japan, name Kazumasa, it was a passionate week she never imagined. He was charming, exotic, while the other Orientals came off as awkward, and hard to understand, he knew English quite well, and his confidence was almost boundless.

However, he disappeared on the sixth day. Without so much as a word of reason, she was forced to struggle back into her normal routine. Until she realized that she was pregnant. Two months after Kazumasa disappeared, she returned home to find a small crate on her doorstep. A crate without markings. When she opened it, she found money and jewels she could never have fathomed, a beautiful, and ornate box with a key that refused to open it, and a letter from the man she may have loved. The letter started with the terrifying words, "If you are reading this Charlotte, it is because I have been killed." Kazumasa went on to explain he had left to try and settle his debts, so that he could leave his past, and join her. But then, the letter became haunting, as he spoke of their baby, the baby she carried that she had kept secret, ever from her closest friends. How Kazumasa referred to the child as their son, confidently, and without hesitation that it may have been a baby girl.

7 months later, Charlotte named her son Kazumasa, in memory of his father.

Kazu and his mother lived in a odd social caste where she was a young, unwed mother, yet not destitute. Even as the Great War came to an end, she continued working as a bank teller. For a while she looked for another man, but her efforts dwindled as she realized that she would never find the same lust and passion as she had had with Kazumasa. She raised their son as best as she could, instilling in him virtues of kindness, and politeness, to be a good man. On his sixteenth birthday, she gave him his father's box and key. When he used the key, unlike the thousands of times she had tried to open the box herself and had it stubbornly refuse, it opened easily. Inside the fine carved box, was a luxuriously lining, cradling a crimson red and silver mask. The mask was frightening to her, it's thick lips in a snarl, baring onyx teeth. They eyes, black and angry, with a pair of 3 inch horns jutting from the forehead. It was beautifully made, and exquisite piece of horrific art. However, it was of a demon, a devil, an unholy terror. Her Christian sensibilities forbade Kazumasa from looking at it, touching it, or playing with it. She hid it in the attic, and considered the matter settled.

But boys will be boys. A week later, the young Kazumasa was playing up in the attic, when he found the box. He opened it to look upon the mask, his fingers dancing over the smoothly carved, and lacquered wood. He felt an intense connection with the mask, so much so, that he pulled it from the box. It had a weight to it, a comfortable heft of solidity, of something ancient and old. It smelled exotic, of a different land, of different people. He thought of scaring his friends with it, jumping out of the bushes near by Reginald's home, when he placed the mask to his face. It was the first time he became the Crimson Oni, but it would not be the last. It granted him strength and speed, height and the ability to instill fear. But with it came the voices of age and wisdom. It was a conduit, a link to a family he never had known.

At first, he used the mask and its powers to scare a few people for childish laughs, but soon he was contacted by the Covenant.

Traits:
Trait; Mask of the Crimson Oni - A Crimson and silver Oni mask, that when used by someone of his bloodline, transforms the wearer into an Oni-like creature.
Trait; Mask of the Crimson Oni - Strength of a Thousand Men: Okay, its not really the strength of a thousand men, but he gets substantially stronger than an average human.
Trait Upgrade; Mask of the Crimson Oni - Strength of Two Thousand Men: he is really, terrifyingly strong.
Trait; Mask of the Crimson Oni - Bigger than Myths: When wearing the mask of the Oni, Kazumasa grows to 7'8" in height.
Trait; Mask of the Crimson Oni - Ancestral Knowledge: When fused with the Mask, he has a weak connection to the memories of his father's ancestors, which can sometimes provide him with insight.

Trait; Basic Training: Kazumasa has an ordinary soldier's level of train in melee combat, rifles, pistols, and grenades.

Equipment: Lee-Enfield No. 1 Mk III with a 1907 Pattern Sword Bayonet (17" fullered blade), two grenades, pack with supplies, and a pouch attached to his webbing that holds the Crimson Oni Mask.
Miscellaneous:
Disclaimer: I Goldmarble consent to having my character murderised for the needs of the plot, to move things on, because I'm plain unlucky or did something incredibly stupid.

Accepted, you're on Hotspur 1.

• Love
Reactions: dalecOoOoOoOoOper
Oh, my bad mate. I just thought since I was playing a single character there wouldn't be much confusion, sorry. Edited either way though.

Oh, my bad mate. I just thought since I was playing a single character there wouldn't be much confusion, sorry. Edited either way though.
Yeah, titles tend to help. Especially later on when the 'team' will be undertaking several missions at once.

This is, metaphorically speaking, the tutorial mission. After that players will get a number of missions they can elect to respond to. (The characters "volunteering" to do a mission = a vote for said mission. With current numbers only 3 missions will be possible (4 characters each) out of a larger selection.

Once that starts, a title with the mission name will become critical :p

Copy all, Actual. Will begin doing that frm now on. Though, I think for today, atleast until tommorow, there won't be much action from anybody (Including me) since we'll all be sound asleep xD

Is it alright that I added a specific date and time in my post? It'd be a little over a month before the Nazis would stop their offense 150 miles outside Cairo, at a time that would be extremely dark.

@ResistingTheEnlightened : DAMN YOU!

Winters nodded at the Colonel, checking down the sights of the M1 Garand and pulling the slide back, making sure nothing was jammed our out of place. "Clear." He spokebout gently to signify the chamber had no ammunition. He grabbed a clip of ammunition and slapped it in the port, sliding it closed as Richard began examining his Colt. "We're pumped up and ready to go Colonel." The Captain nodded at her, looking at the men and women inside the glider. "Good luck. God bless you... if you have a God."

I am SO tempted to respond with

"I have a God American, my mother, Ivanova. As she would say "I'd like you to take the time to learn the Household mantra: 'Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out." she is a frightening and terrible god, prone to great vengeances, and cooks a mean loaf of bread."

a modified version of

• Love
Is it alright that I added a specific date and time in my post? It'd be a little over a month before the Nazis would stop their offense 150 miles outside Cairo, at a time that would be extremely dark.
Actually, it's September 23rd 1940 ;) , second last paragraph of the title post. The time is fine however. But yes the time is fine.

Got it so how do these Hotspurs dispense troops? Is it a parachute deal or do the planes land then the guys roll on out.

Got it so how do these Hotspurs dispense troops? Is it a parachute deal or do the planes land then the guys roll on out.
The latter, they'll come to a rolling and rough landing approximately 2-3 km from the Great Pyramids, if we're lucky without being spotted, once down we climb out the too-small door.

Hotspur_glider.jpg

(We're a year before the Larger Gliders entered service)

ROLLING

ROLLING

YOU MEAN CRASHING AND TUMBLING VIOLENTLY RIGHT?

Actually, it's September 23rd 1940 ;) , second last paragraph of the title post. The time is fine however. But yes the time is fine.
Ah, didn't see that. I'll fix it.