Order of the Silver Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
She pondered for a moment as she glanced up at the sky and then smiled faintly. "My father was one of the Knights in this order and my mother was the sweetest woman imaginable. If I was sad, she'd comfort me and sing to me, if I was ill, she'd stay at my bedside until I got better. My father left the Order to be with me and my Mother once I was born and he taught me that the value of a person is not measured in gold, but what is in the heart." She said in a thoughtful manner as she looked at the sky and then towards Jack while she smiled gently. "I miss them..." She then said as she lowered her gaze.

He smiled faintly and took her injured hand looking at it and moving his finger over the scar careful not to hurt her.
"I can imagine that you miss them, I miss my family too...but we have each other as family now, right?"
The scar amazed him a little it just looked different and not as painful as it might be.

She flinched slightly at the stinging sensation in her hand as he took it and she smiled faintly while she nodded once. "Right." She said and then looked around a bit in a thoughtful manner. "I wonder if we are allowed to visit a nearby town. I mean, we need provisions and I for one wouldn't mind becoming more familiar with the surrounding cities and towns here." Said Alyssa with a small nod.

He nodded letting go of her hand, lately he forgot his manners towards her and now he almost go obsessed with her hand. "We should be able to leave, I doubt in this area anyone would recognize us for who we are if we don't dress in the colors of the order."
Jack stood up and bowed. "You can tell me whenever you want to leave M'lady."
As he collected his thoughts he found himself where he in his eyes belonged and that was as her servant and guard, he shouldn't get too obssessed with how she looks or his feeling.

She blinked a few times. "You can just call me Alys, you know." She said while smiling gently as she stood up. She looked around a bit and saw that everyone was busy. "Let's take our chance and sneak off now when everyone's busy." She said in a lower voice before she began to head towards the stables and she then looked around a bit at the different horses. As she was about to lead one of them to the stables, Varandros galloped towards them and let out neighs in protest while Alyssa tried to silence and calm him. "Shhh! You're going to get everyone's attention if you continue!" She hissed in a low tone and Varandros let out a few snorts in disapproval.
Alyssa looked around a bit before she looked at Varandros and then shrugged before she mounted him and held on to his mane for support. "I think you need to saddle a horse quickly before someone notices us." She said to Jack.

"I shouldn't it is my duty to protect you and I probably can't focus if we get too close..."
He remembered the words he heard so often already.
"Let's get out of here for a while then."
Jack followed her as Varandros appeared he had to smile, it was really just like everything would be possible with her.
"He seems to like you."
Entering the stable he heard her calling out to him.
"I'm on it" he told her in a stressed voice.
He ran to his horse and got it out of the stable quickly mounting it and riding away with her.

Alyssa pulled gently on Varandros' mane and the steed let out a neigh before he galloped away from the Keep and then slowed down to walking once they had gained some distance. "I don't think it's that he likes me. I think it's more because I carry the same essence as those before me." She said with a faint smile and then blinked a few times.
"Oh, I'm sorry! It must sound as if I'm just speaking nonsense, hehe. You see, Varandros here is over fivehundred years old, he has been the steed for those that... for the ones like me, acting as a second guardian and as a teacher. Although I don't know what the second one is supposed to mean, I might've translated the book wrong." She said with a faint smile on her lips.

Jack looked puzzled, 500 years old? A simple horse?
"That sounds a little crazy...but I guess nothing it too crazy in this world once you get to know magic..."
He laughed, it was true in his case most of the things he saw in the past days he would have never believed if he would just have heard of them.
"I wonder how he could teach you..." it was a funny idea, if the horse would speak that would surely be surprising.

He walked circles in his halls, it was hard to believe that Landro escaped them again.
"You keep bringing me bad news regarding that man! How can you be so amazingly worthless, it is one man as mighty as he might be, we just need to find this girls location and make her join us."
The man he spoked to shivered, he knew what happened to those before him that reported failure.
"I will allow you to live, for now, go find that girl and if you bring me bad news again I will find a way to punish you accordingly."
As the person left his halls he shot a fireball agains the stone wall, it was easy for him to conjure magic, but there where those that were stronger than him, he had to make those follow him, or kill them.
"She will get impatient and make a wrong move... we will have her for our causes."
Complaining once more he sat down, picking up a rather old book, he was interested in a way to keep track of the countries where his men couldn't spy on the order, maybe he could make birds his servants.

After some time Jack saw the city in the distance.
"We are almost there M'Lady."

Alyssa looked around slightly as they were riding and she smiled as she saw the small town and she looked towards Jack for a moment before she looked forward. "Jack, I-... Uhm, I just... Wanted to let you know that you're the first friend I've ever had and I'm glad that you are." She said while she smiled and she then let Varandros walk freely with her on his back as he entered the town.

She looked around as she heard stall owners shouting out offers on their fresh merchandise.

Last edited by a moderator:
"W-where did that just come from?"
As they reached the gate they went towards the stables.
"I'm glad to have you with me as well."
He gave some money to the owner so their horses could stay there and got off.
"We can just enter the city now..just care, I don't want to get seperated from you in this city."
They didn't know who might be after them...and if they would get seperated it would close to be impossible to find each other in the city.

She nodded once at his words and then stepped down from Varandros back. She looked around for a moment before her eyes spotted a stall with different ornaments, such as necklaces, earrings, bracelets, talismans and rings.
Alyssa walked up to the stall and then began to look at the different items with a curious expression.

He followed her looking at the things, it was quite funny seeing her going for this sort of thing.
"Do you want anything of that?"
Standing next to her he saw a silver necklace.
"How about that one? I think it would fit you." he smiled gently, it felt a little more peaceful like this.

She raised her eyebrows in surprise as she looked at the necklace and then at Jack and she could feel her cheeks becoming slightly red as she began to blush. "Uhm, on me? Really?" She asked in a surprised manner. The man then explained that the necklace was worth fifty gold and Alyssa seemed rather shocked at the high price of the silver necklace.
She narrowed her eyes and looked around for a moment when she felt as if they were being watched but when she couldn't see anything or anyone, she returned her attention to Jack.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I want that one then."
Jack payed the price, he had a lot of money left.
"I'm sure it will fit, and is worth the price!"
He took the necklace and put it on her with a smile.
"See? Perfect."

Some of the guards kept patrolling the same route around the shop, they were following them ever since they entered and tried not to be seen so easily.

Alyssa smiled as she looked down at the necklace when he had placed it around her neck and she trained her fingers across it. "It's... It's really beautiful, thank you, Jack." She said as she turned towards him to give him a kiss on the cheek.

As she turned, she noticed the guards and she narrowed her eyes as she remained in a position where her cheek was next to his. "Jack, don't turn your head, but we are being followed by a couple of guards." She whispered to him.

Jack blushed as she gave him the kiss and smiled gently before her voice turned serious and so did he.
"What could they want? And who are they?"
Jack didn't turn his head around, he didn't think the guards were following them, but it certainly looked more and more like it as they kept walking just around the store.
"We have to get out."

"But how? They will notice if we leave early... I think we need to split up and meet at the entrance, that way we can cause distractions that'll catch their attention, if we both go together it will be suspicious..." She whispered to him and she glanced around at the guards before she looked up at Jack as she took a step back. "I don't like it, but it seems like our only choice."

He shook his head "they are most likely after you! If I leave you and they catch you I....I can't do that!"
Jack saw the guards outside again.
"I will go outside, you wait..that may be best so I can see if they are going to attack me, I should be fine."

The guards stopped in front of the door and one of them entered.
"You two! You have to go with us, you are under arrest."

Jacks eyes widened "For what? What did we do?"

The guard grinned and looked at Alyssa.
"This girl is someone we need, we will let you go if you hand her to us."

Jack grabbed his sword and pointed at the guard, "I will never let you even get close to her!"

Alyssa flinched slightly as the guard entered before she was able to answer Jack and she narrowed her eyes at what the guard said.

When Jack drew his blade, she tried to place her hand on his arm to lower his blade. "You cannot raise your blade here, it will put the Order in a bad light and that is just what they want, they want to turn the people against us... Please... I will go with them. You return to Landro and tell him what is happening." She whispered low to Jack.

"I'm not going to let you leave!"
Jack lowered his sword.
"I will go with you too then."

The guard looked at Jack
"We don't need you boy, you are worthless to us."

Jack looked at the guard with a grin.
"Are you going to attack this boy then? As a guard of this city in front of everyone?"
Jack let his sword fall to the ground.

The guard laughed and pulled his sword.
"As if I care what happens to you!"
He charged to wards Jack with his sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.