Order of the Silver Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
"How...? I mean, isn't it a bit rude to ask someone if they're over two hundred years old?" She asked as she looked at Jack and when she saw Landro walk by the training grounds, she quickly shut the book that was in Jack's hands and then looked towards Landro for a while.
She saw that he walked past the grounds and then went for the council room and soon, the officers of the Order joined him in the room. "What do you think is going on?" Asked Alyssa as she turned her head towards Jack.

He kept staring at the picture
when she shut the book
in his hands.
Jack looked over and saw the other members meeting up.

"Well... maybe it is about yes..."

As Jack got interupted by one of the men shouting.
"We can not allow this to go on!"

Someone seemed to warn the man about how loud it was.
"Now I'm sure it has to be about yesterday, that was not the first time someone got attacked and it happened a lot lately!"

He took her hand and dragged her into the keep leading her to a small room and before he entered the room he whispered.
"We can listen to them from here if we go close to the wall, just do not make a sound."

She followed Jack as he took her by the hand and she then crouched down and nodded once before she listened in on the conversation.

"Silence yourself or see that you leave this room without a tongue." Snarled Landro in a warning manner as he glared at the man who had shouted and for a moment, it appeared as if his eyes took on a more draconic shape before they returned to normal. "We cannot allow this to go on, no. But as it is, Alyssa is too young to take over my position as the Commander. I also want her to be able to live a full life as much as possible before her inevitable fate comes to pass." He said as he stood by the Commander seat in the council room.
"The Onyx Serpents assaulted my squad yesterday when I was out on patrol, they are beginning to become desperate and desperate enemies are dangerous enemies. They take on reckless acts and they stop at nothing to reach their goal. I suspect that Maethrion, their leader, has found out that Alyssa is alive." He then continued and he rested his hands on the round table. "I do not think I must remind you of what'll happen, should he get his hands on Alyssa." He stated and glanced around the room.

Jack listened carefully not wanting to miss anything.

The man that spoke previously calmed himself and gave a concerned look into the group.
"He is not just leader of the Onyx Serpents, we know he is capable of casting magic, we can not just sit around while he casts his black magic around us, if we do not act we might not get a chance to do so ever again!"

"And what do you propose we do? Send in Alyssa without her knowing how to use magic? We both know she is the only one who can fight him. I've grown weak over the years and my time to pass is soon at hand. Until then, there is not much we can do." Said Landro while he narrowed his eyes.

Alyssa narrowed her eyes as she listened carefully to what they said. "Inevitable fate...?" She thought to herself.

"Excuse me, Commander, but I am a new Officer. What is this fate that the young girl bears?" Asked one of the Officers and Landro turned his gaze towards the man. "She, like those before her, carry the fate of cleansing our world from evil. But in doing so, she must grow stronger with her magic so that she can withstand the corruption, only to then die to become the seal that shall keep the evil at bay." Said Landro with a heavy sigh, as if the words burdened him.
Alyssa's eyes widened and she had to place her hand over her mouth to keep herself from letting out a gasp and she sat there completely frozen. Her fate was that she had to die just to keep everyone else protected?
"But why her, sir? Couldn't any magi do it?" The Officer then asked. "No, sadly not. It has to be one pure of heart and that wishes to see good to the world more than anything else... Alyssa is not even a person if you put it like that, she is magic that has gathered in a body as a vessel to grow and nurture until the time is right." Said Landro and the Officer became silent after receiving the answers. "I dread the day that it comes, the boy is growing closer and closer to her and I fear that he will keep her from fulfilling her fate, just to keep her alive and if he does, so will the Onyx Serpents continue to live. We have to keep an eye on him to make sure that the Onyx Serpents do not try to bargain with him."

The man went silent, he understood what Landro said, though he disliked it.

Jack on the other hand was annoyed he was pissed, did they just see him as a problem? Was he the one who was in their way to save the world?
"I can't belive it..." he whispered, he looked at her, he saw her shock and took her hand dragging her out, she didn't need to go through that it had to be painful.
"Alyssa, don't worry! They just talk and I wont let that happen to you!" he smiled at her and gave her a hug hoping to at least make her feel a little better, he forgot any manners at this point.

She looked down at the ground once they were outside, her eyes were filled with tears and her eyebrows quivered as she frowned sadly. She didn't return the hug, but she didn't pull away from him either. "Landro was telling the truth about me... I saw it in his eyes..." She mumbled low as she shut her eyes and a few tears ran down her cheeks.

As the doors opened to the council room, Alyssa quickly wrapped her arms around Jack and she buried her face in his chest to hide her tears. Landro looked at them for a moment before he turned and walked to his office inside the keep while the Officers went back to their usual duties.

Jack spoke calmly to her "Don't worry, I'm here with you and whatever they say, we will find a way to show them that fates can be rewritten"
He stroke her hair as he held her, he had no clue what else to do, he just wanted to comfort her.

She sobbed low as she embraced Jack and she felt that her body was trembling, despite her best attempts to stop it and she looked down at the floor, she didn't know what it was, she just felt safe within his embrace. "What if there isn't...? What will we do then...?" She asked and looked up at Jack.
Alyssa pulled back her arms from around Jack and then looked around a bit as the officers trained the recruits and she then looked in the direction of Landro's office, but she knew that they would not gain audience with him, not so recently after what he had told the officers. He had to think and make out a plan for what their next move would be.

Alyssa sighed low and then looked back at Jack and she forced a faint smile on her lips. "So, can I see you train some more?" She asked while she let out a faint chuckle.

Jack let go of her unwillingly, he didn't know answers to her questions, anything was possible.
"I don't know what we will do, but I will stay with you until the end of it!"
He smilled and looked around, he had no clue what to do, but he would help her whatever anyone may say against it.
As she asked about training he looked puzzled.
"I don't know, if you want to, we can go there again...are you sure that is what you want?"
He worried about her, what just happened was nothing easy to swallow.

She nodded once. "Yeah, it is." She said before she glanced down at her hands. "Besides, I have to learn to control the magic, regardless of what I have to sacrifice." She said and she smiled faintly, she did her best to keep her thoughts elsewhere, but no matter how hard she tried, her mind kept returning to the thoughts of her fate.
"Do you know anything about the Onyx Serpents? Other than... you know... that they're evil?" She asked in a curious manner while she began to walk to the training grounds.

"No, not much I just heard they kept attacking small areas and that their leader is able to control magic as well.... that aside, no I don't know anything."
He sighed, it was a little dissapointing the he couldn't help her in any way..
Jack walked to wards the training grounds and smiled at her before he started to practice with his bow.

She nodded once as he talked and she then sat down while he began to practice with his bow and she studied him closely while she tilted her head in a curious manner. "I wonder if one would be able to channel magic in to a weapon." She said in an absent manner while she looked at the target that he fired his arrows at.

Slightly hearing her he spoke up.
"You can or at least I saw someon enchanting their weapons so they would burn or even be sharper, it is a great magic, but I heard it is hard to master, because the weapon may break."
Jack saw this magic before when he traveled through the lands, it is a great utility kind of magic, but the caster of the spell he saw told him for a normal human it will never be possible to cast the magic like that.

She blinked as she looked towards Jack and was satisfied with the answer, at least she knew that there were those that had done it, even if it would possibly cost the wielder his or hers weapons. Alyssa looked down at the book and pondered for a moment before she looked up at one of the training dummies and she raised her hand before she uttered a word in an ancient language that was thought to have disappeared long ago, the language of the dragons. As she spoke the word, flames shot out from her hand and enveloped the training dummy, causing it to burst out in flames.
She cringed slightly as she felt like her hand was on fire and she glanced down at her hand only to see a vicious scar forming in the middle of her palm. "He wasn't kidding when he said that you'd have to sacrifice things in order to use magic... I was hoping it'd be different for me, but I guess not..." She thought to herself.

As one of the dummy went up in flames he looked towards Alyssa.
"D-did you do that?" His voice trembled he didn't expect something like this so soon.
Jack rushed to her side and got a glimpse of the scar.
"Are you okay, did it hurt? How did you do that?"
All these question just came out, he was worried, if she was to be hurt by this, what could he do?

"I don't know, I-I just read the word that stood in the book and then, well." She glanced at the training dummy that had been reduced to ashes and then up at Jack for a brief moment before she looked down at her hand. "It hurts really bad, but... Landro told us that in order to use magic, you have to sacrifice something. Like with fire, it seems I have to sacrifice my hand..." She said and she gritted her teeth as her hand stung quite a bit after being burned. "I don't dare try ice, as Landro said that you have to sacrifice your blood in order to turn it into ice to use that form of magic..." She then said and a heavy sigh escaped her lips.
She pulled her arm close to herself and hugged it without touching her hand as she didn't feel like having more pain than what was necessary. Alyssa looked at the training dummy again and there was no denying that she was shocked over the result of the magic before she looked down at the scar in her hand and her whole hand now had burn marks. "I will need gloves that can hide the scar...." She muttered beneath her breath.

Jack sat down next to her. "You can have my gloves."
He took of his gloves and laid them on the table.
It still was shock to see what happens with magic users.
"But it will get better when you learn to use it, right?"
His eyes went over the books.
They didn't look easy to understand, he wouldn't know though.
"Did you learn that just by reading the books?"

"I did, yes. But... my hand will always remain like this." She said and she lowered her gaze slightly. "I think your gloves might be a bit too big for me and I don't think they've been created to withstand magic. If I used fire magic while wearing them, they'd be incinerated." She said with a brief smile as she looked at his gloves before she looked up at him.

He smiled as she explained "I guess I could have figured that out."
"I know it is none of my concern, but what was your family like?"
Jack lived with his family, or at least his siblings and his mother, he never heard of who his father was.
Standing up he stretched and looked at the now burnt down dummy, it would be amazing if they would learn to fight together.

Status
Not open for further replies.