Order of the Silver Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I... I don't know." She stuttered and she swallowed once as she turned the man so he was on his back and she then shut his eyes with two of her fingers. "But there is only one way to find out." She said with a small and determined nod as she stood up. "We have to find-" she stopped as she was interrupted by one of the Knight Officers. "I am afraid I cannot allow that, Lady Alyssa. Landro gave us strict orders to make sure that you remain within the keep. If the Onyx Serpents are the ones behind this attack, then you need to remain here." He said and Alyssa frowned deeply.

"Let me go then! I will find him!"
he yelled at the guard hoping to be allowed to leave
looking at Alyssa he got worried though, he said to protect her how could he just leave her alone without feeling bad for it?
"And if you can't decide that let her decide, Landro said she was something like a noble so it's best to follow her orders isn't it?"

Both Alyssa an the Knight appeared surprised by Jack's words. "Careful with your choice of words." He said and narrowed his eyes before he looked towards Alyssa. "Please, go and find him." Alyssa said as she looked at Jack with a sad and pleading expression.

"I cannot allow either of you to leave, neither of you are experienced in the field of battle." The Knight then said.

"I don't care! He is like a father to me, do you really believe I would just let him be gone? What are you conditions to let us leave and get him?"
he got annoyed, really annoyed trying to find a way to help his mentor and friend he would risk his life without a second thought.
Jack knew it was not the best idea to just run after his mentor but he couldn't help it, he wanted to help him.

"There are no conditions, you cannot leave and that is it." He said and narrowed his eyes as Alyssa turned around and walked out to the field with horses and she looked at Varandros as he galloped up to her and let out a threatening neigh. "Please! I don't know I you can understand me, but Landro may be in danger and he was attacked in an ambush! I have to get to him so that we can help him... Please." She said and frowned sadly, the large stallion looked at her for a while before he lowered himself so that she could get up on his back

Alyssa smiled in a thankful manner and she then looked towards the Knight and she frowned. "I don't care what he had said, I will not abandon someone that needs aid!" She said and she held on to Varandros by his mane and the large stallion neighed in a furious manner while he trampled on the spot and she looked towards Jack while she tried to keep control of Varandros. "Saddle a horse." She said while nodding once.

Annoyed by the guard he looked at him with an angry look
"I will no...." at this moment one of the horses came but not just a simple one it was Varandros the horse no one was able to tame yet, as if it could understand her he allowed her to ride him.

Deeply impressed he felt motivated more than before to go with her he just ran of at her order to get a horse and got a rather young horse, the horse that was supposed to be his once the time came, Jack decided the time was now and prepared the horse in a matter of seconds, probably more...but thats how it felt to him.

Riding up to her he bowed holding his bow up
"I shall follow Milady"

She nodded once at Jack as he rode up to her and she then kicked Varandros gently in the sides and the stallion let out a deep neigh before he galloped across the field and towards the opening in the mountains where a road led out to the rest of the world as the Keep was hidden in the mountains.
She looked around while Varandros galloped across the ground and she flinched as she then saw Landro further up on the road. He was the only one left standing and he was surrounded by five men.

She held on tightly as Varandros galloped towards one of the mean and then violently headbutted him in the side, sending the man to the ground and Alyssa quickly jumped down from his back yo then stand next to Landro. "What are you two doing here?! Get back to the Keep at once!" Said Landro.

Staying close to her he took the bow the second he saw Landro ridding up close to around 10 meters and shit one of the men in the leg making him unable to move but not killing him
"As if we would turn around now!"
jumping of the horse he landed next to Alyssa
"Do you want them to leave this world Milady?"

"She cannot answer that question. To her, such a question could be dangerous." Said Landro as he held his sword tightly with both hands. "Alyssa, shut your eyes and do not open them until I say so." He then added and looked towards Jack. "I'm counting on you to keep her protected while I deal with these murderers." He said and Alyssa did as she was told and shut her eyes.

Coming up close to her he rose his sword
"Nobody will touch her!"
he grabbed her hand and whispered
"Don't worry, nothing will get close to you, I promise!"

She turned her head in Jack's direction as she felt him take her hand and she then nodded once at his words.

Landro was busy with fending of two of the attackers and the third one took his chance and ran towards Jack and Alyssa. "Out of my way youngling! That girl belongs to us!" He said as he then swung his blade towards Jack in an attempt to strike his shoulder.

He parried the attack and took the time to pick one of the arrows he had left and used one of his hands after parrying to hit the man in the leg with the arrow
"She doesn't belong to anyone! She can decide for herself!"
he yelled as it was hard enough to parry the attack, as we was still young and not as strong yet

The man let out a pained grunt as he stumbled when the arrow connected with his leg and he began to bleed. He smirked slightly at Jack's comment as he then straightened his back but now had a limp. "You don't even know what she is, do you?" He asked and Alyssa narrowed her eyebrows in a confused manner as she heard his words and she clenched her hands slightly.

Landro brought both of his opponents down before he turned around and he looked at Jack and Alyssa. He had some minor wounds on his arms and a deeper one across his stomach. "Jack, finish him and let us be on our way." He said with an exhausted voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack took a deep breath and hit the man with his sword cutting of first his arm with the weapon and then his head kicking him away before any of the blood hitAlyssa
"I don't care what she is, she is my ally and my friend so I will not let you touch her!"

This was the first time he had to kill someone, he was prepared for this but it still wasn't too hard for him.

"A-are we done?"
He looked back at Landro and worried about his wounds

Alyssa shuddered in discomfort at the sound of steel cutting through flesh and she had begun to tremble, as she opened her eyes, she saw the wounded Landro and she quickly made her way to him. "Y-you're wounded!" She stuttered and Landro just scoffed at her words. "I have suffered worse wounds than these, now let us return to the keep." He said as he made his way over to his steed.

"I could always try and mend your wou-" "No!" Said Landro in a stern manner as he interrupted Alyssa. "I will not have you use your magic without thought." He then said and Alyssa appeared slightly stunned by his words.

He called his horse and went up to Landro
"Take my horse.. you need to get back faster! I can walk, I know the way"
After all he heard today he was curious, he wanted to talk to Alyssa again and know more about who she actualy was.

Landro mounted his own steed and he glanced at Jack. "Do not be a fool. Mount your horse and let us be on our way. I need to have word with both of you once we return." He said as he took the reins and Alyssa, too frightened to disobey, walked up to Varandros and got up on his back before she grabbed his mane in a gentle grip and Landro began to make his way back to the Keep.

Alyssa had a thousand thoughts in her head on the ride back. Why had Landro been so against her using magic? Was he one of the pureists who hated those with magic abilities? Had he been hurt by someone who used magic or had he been put under a spell and then broken free? They were just a few of the thoughts in her mind.

Jack mounted his horse and followed them going back to the keep.
"I'm sorry"
He kept looking at Alyssa every once in a while and had the urge to talk to her privately but obviously had to hold back until Landro had his talk with both of them.

Once they arrived at the keep, Landro stepped down from his steed and unsaddled him before letting him walk out on the field. "Once the both of you are done, you can come to the council room." He said. The council room, no one but the highest ranked officers had been allowed in there and even so they had to get permission to be inside, so either Alyssa and Jack had done something really good, or, more likely, they were going to get the scolding of a lifetime.

Alyssa stepped down from Varandros back and she brushed her hand against his cheek in a gentle manner. "Thank you for aiding us." She said and she bowed her head in respect towards the steed, as if she was speaking to a human noble. She then turned around and she looked at Jack with a concerned expression.

He was worried, he didn't want her to get into trouble for his recklessness
"Landro, if one is to be scolded for this, let it be me! I was the one that incisted to leave at once!"
He looked at Alyssa and smiled at her, he really did want to protect her, even from things like this but his wish wouldn't be granted, but at least he gave it a try

He jumped from his horse and it walked back to the stable by itself
He was still concerned about Alyssa, if she was going to get into any serious trouble out there, he would certainly be the one at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.