Operations: W.O.L.F Pack Operation Arctic Blast

Status
Not open for further replies.
first post is up, oh and sorry @WesteriaVale, as i reviewed your character and notices...he dislikes dogs....what a great way to get on someones bad side on the first day :P

Wolf, you glorious son of a bitch, post now or forever be "that guy"!

Wolf takes long showers. XD
Indeed. How many hours has it been now? Haha

first post is up, oh and sorry @WesteriaVale, as i reviewed your character and notices...he dislikes dogs....what a great way to get on someones bad side on the first day :P
Well, as long as the dog doesn't get too close, there shouldn't be a problem. But he'll definitely eye it the entire time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it too late to join? If I can still squeeze in, may I know which position needs to be filled? =)

Heh, I know a position of yours I could fill. ;)

I actually can't say. I think he said closed, but we have room. If it were me I would say sure, but it all falls to Wolf.

@Lonewolf888978 , I would really like a support gunner.... if H2O would fill that roll....

I'm not sure, but these are the spots that are open:
Support Gunner

And these are the taken:
Medic-Lonewolf
Engineer- Kanon
Recon 1- Akuma
Recon 2- Ignition to Spitfire
Sniper and Spotter- Potatocat
Demolitions- WesteriaVale

EDIT: Darn you Potatocat for beating me to it! *shakes fist*

Ninja'd! My first ninja move on this site too! XD

In short, if you want to be the beatbox of the battlefield, you might be able to join. But, just saying, not my decision to make officially.

Whoa, had no idea we'd made so much progress already, could swear last time I checked this we were only discussing the limits of personal space. At any rate i'll have my first post up soon.

Dx Long Story short, I fell coming outta the shower and almost broke my thigh

Support is all that's available, unless someone else has another role idea!

I'll be able to post in 1-2 hours

Haha exaggerating of course, but it did hurt >:(

Heh, I know a position of yours I could fill. ;)

I actually can't say. I think he said closed, but we have room. If it were me I would say sure, but it all falls to Wolf.

@Lonewolf888978 , I would really like a support gunner.... if H2O would fill that roll....
1. Oh my.
2. Sure I'll be your support =) May I have the details of what a support gunner does, because I would think either one of two things: I physically support the gunner, as in carrying weapons, ammunition, cover him/her, etc. Or, I'm a gunner myself lol And depending on which will decide what type my character is. Sorry for the wait, I had school ^^

N A M E
Freed West

S E X
M

A G E

N A T I O N A L I T Y
British

P O S I T I O N
Engineer

Freed prefers to provide back-up support than engage in direct combat. He can drive various military vehicles, operate mobile artillery, sabotage enemy power lines, you name it. His expertise falls short however when it comes to hacking, programming - anything software related. Since he has no specialized weapons training, he is limited to a HK45 service pistol and grenades.

A R M O R
None, unless you try to force him into direct combat in which case he'll wear a Type IIA bullet-proof vest over his jumpsuit.

Cybernetics: Eyes (close-up magnification for repairing small components)
Hands (increased stability, dexterity, grip)

H I S T O R Y
Born in England, Freed was raised in a middle class household by your average parents with your average "first world problems". Cybernetics were growing increasingly more popular, and tension between countries was rising. There were rumours of a third World War, but growing up as an ignorant kid Freed didn't think much of it. Joining the army was becoming an increasingly popular choice for guys his age with government recruitment campaigns running rampant, and many of his friends, his younger brother who thought he was morally righteous included, enlisted with hopes of saving the world. Since Freed was neither virtuous nor suicidal enough to fight for a cause, he instead received an apprenticeship as a mechanic and worked at a small local auto shop.

Probably because of his love of machines, Freed was quick to jump in with the cybernetics hype, getting enhancements from as young as 16 with the cash from his first part-time. Over the years, he progressed into what was coined a "Cyber Freak". So when the England banned cybernetics and declared for the HRR, he grabbed all his cash and flew to America.

In America, he joined the military as an engineer - a guy had to find a means of putting food on the table and the army needed their tanks repaired. Deal. He lived in quarters with other service workers (janitors, cooks, etc) and did his job for food and board. While at first he was given hell for his accent (which clearly marked him as a Brit, an "enemy" nation), he eventually found his place. He spent time with a wide variety of military tech, from artillery to vehicles and learned how to repair and operate them. After discovering a talent in his field, he nursed a growing reputation as a jack-of-all-trades who could repair anything. Tear it apart, and everything's the same on the inside. He was satisfied with his life overall, so when the call came from W.O.L.F. he was ready to turn it up. Except they weren't giving him an option.

L I K E S
Collecting outdated junk (and watching all of it grow into a glorious mess he calls contemporary art)
Machines "cause unlike people, they never lie"
Music (playing & listening)
Gambling (so long as he is winning)

Freedom

D I S L I K E S
Conservatism (everything he hates summarized in a single philosophy)
"Uncultured Swine"
Authority & Restrictions (mainly puts up with it because compliance is more painless)
Self-righteous or uptight people "chill, mate"
Silence (will fill it with aimless conversation, whistling, anything)

P E R S O N A L I T Y
Laid back and carefree, Freed has a casual outlook on life. He leads an epicurean lifestyle and takes what he can get before humanity screws itself over (which is bound to happen eventually as far as he is concerned). While he holds strong opinions about most subjects, he usually keeps his thoughts to himself since he can't be bothered to start an argument, and is a "couch activist" – it's simply too much effort to go out and make a difference. He will often sit around with co-workers, complaining about the world in general while not really bothered or having lives worth complaining about. Since he has no real experience with dangerous situations, he is an idealist who doesn't know how to make tough pragmatic decisions. His favorite social past time is gambling, but he can usually be found in a garage fixing something, blasting outdated music from an antique boombox. Overall, he doesn't seem to have matured a day over his teenage years and likely never will.

Somewhat of an eccentric, Freed collects "junk" from the early 21st century – CDs of hip hop artists or alternative rock bands salvaged from who knows where, an electric guitar he calls his "baby" and spends more time tuning than actually playing, and garbage heaps he calls "contemporary art". As disorganized and absent-minded as he is, it is amazing that he manages to be productive. He has terrible personal hygiene and calls sweat and grease his "cologne". With a pretty short attention span, he is quick to drop a project if something more interesting comes up – this happens to extend to his relationships with people as well.

R E F E R E N C E S
Robocop, Mortal Kombat

A P P E A R A N C E
Freed has brown hair, hazel eyes, a five o'clock shadow, and two piercings, one in his right ear and another in his tongue (both done himself). His skin is tanned from working outdoors, and his build is suitable to his job as a mechanic. Much to his annoyance, he is slightly shorter than average (5'7).

When it comes to dress, he's not much for practicality and will wear whatever the hell he wants to, despite it interfering with his tasks (which he gets endless crap for, 'and for the last time could you stop questioning my metrosexuality'). He is most often seen wearing a jumpsuit, top half off and left hanging at the waist, a sleeveless top, work gloves and heavy boots.

Freed2_zpsf6afd207.jpg

Character Profile. Lemme know if there's anything that needs to be changed

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Oh my.
2. Sure I'll be your support =) May I have the details of what a support gunner does, because I would think either one of two things: I physically support the gunner, as in carrying weapons, ammunition, cover him/her, etc. Or, I'm a gunner myself lol And depending on which will decide what type my character is. Sorry for the wait, I had school ^^

Actually, support gunner refers to a gunner who provides support. I guess most just call them machine gunners. Light machine gun. Laying down covering and suppressive fire. That kind of stuff.

EDIT: In short, big gun! Shoot lots of bullets!

Oh and, the Brit..... -__-

(Just no that in the past few years Scotland has fought against Britain. So.... having two Scots and a Brit on a plane will be fun. XD)

Don't forget the fact that he's betraying his country. That has to count for something doesn't it? Or does that only make things worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.