Operation "Russia with love"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luis tossed his bag into the back and climbed into shotgun. "Well I was going to make one about shipping costing an arm an a leg, but no battery jokes. I figured those cyber limbs were powered by bio-electricity." He smirked at his joke before his face turned more serious with the science information. Luis looked Gen in the eyes, "We've had drinks, dinner, and have seen more of one another than most friends who haven't slept with each other. All of this yet I've never seen your home, that tent doesn't count. I'm also curious how you live, you know what they say. You can tell a lot about a person by the way they live at home. I also need a shower and a place to stash the stuff I can't take on the plane." His attention was diverted as his phone buzzed. He looked at the notification and put his phone down without opening the message. He didn't feel like talking to Winter right now, she was likely curious how long he would be gone or where he was going or Icarus was being Icarus.

Parked in an old Civic across the lot sat a Feminine figure, she was dressed in Army fatigues. Her face adjusted to and settled into the form she had taken. The original woman lay unconscious in her home, prearranged to make it look like a late night of drinking. Once The jeep pulled out She followed. "It's been way to long Lulu. Way to long." She muttered as she drove.

Unamused, Genevieve resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Something like that," she agreed rather vaguely. A good mechanic never gave away their secrets for free. Genevieve shrugged, then clambered into the Jeep, hoisting herself up with surprising finesse. She plopped into the torn leather seat, the springs squeaking slightly. While she seemed to listen to Luis' argument perceptively, she raised her eyebrows at the last sentence, looking skeptical. "Ah. I see your motivation." Turning her eyes to the road, Genevieve fished a pair of sunglasses from the dash, putting them on in a swift movement. The Jeep took two tries to start, but after a little rattling, the hunk of junk purred with suspiciously little vibration. Genevieve's tank looked junky, but it was mostly a cameo. Clever girl.

"Nosy," Genevieve said plainly, calling out Luis with no condemnation, only humor. The jeep gave one rumble, and Genevieve drove them from the parking lot with careful precision, but also a touch of daredevil speed. Abruptly, she asked a rather funny question, dropping all pretense of seriousness.
"Do you want to get some fries?"

"Well obviously the shower wouldn't be with you. Don't get me wrong you're attractive and I'm certain you're a killer in the sack. I'm just gonna risk you falling over and crushing the twins with those unicorn dust powered limbs." He was serious, or tried to be. His serious face held for maybe 30 seconds before he started to laugh. It was a bring morning and he grabbed his pair of aviators from his bag, it was an awkward bend the arm behind the seat grab. His phone buzzed again and he like last time he ignored it, turning his cell off this time.

"Me, nosy? How could you think such a thing? I mean I only smell and hear everything. For instance, that sports car with the tinted windows, behind us. The driver is some old guy who's getting road head. The woman smells like cheap perfume and cigarettes, with a hint of whorehouse. The person in front of us is having a rough conversation with his wife... wait make that recently divorced Ex wife. She wants custody of the kids and he's apparently the responsible one and she's a bitch." Luis had a rather disturbed and or disgusted look on his face. It turned to a look of absolute horror and he cringed moments after hitting a pothole. The car behind them was pulled over on the side of the road moments after. "It's a blessing and a curse...." He muttered.

"Uh.... Okay? I mean, yeah. Why not?" He had a confused look on his face. He had absolutely no idea why she asked that. Did she not eat? Is she having those monthly cravings? God forbid she's pregnant! The various thoughts raced through his head, most of which he was very aware were ridiculous and over the top. All of those thoughts and it didn't even cross his mind they were being tailed.

Genvieve's expression immediately became chagrined, and she felt a twinge of annoyance towards Luis' humored, but rather tasteless jests. She turned her eyes to him, classily lowering her shades with one finger long enough to give him a glare fierce enough to make seasoned soldiers question their career paths. "That's not what I meant, don't be a jackass," she protested with a hint of annoyance. Luis liked pushing Genevieve's few buttons a little too much. Pettily, she rolled down his window enough to create a small typhoon of garbage wrappers on his side, rolling the window back up after he'd been sufficiently pasted by a small tornado. Her revenge was rather quick and inventive.

Contemplating the information Luis gave her, Genevieve paused in thought, tapping her fingers against the steering wheel methodically. Abruptly, she sped up, passing the car in front of them, and continuing to accelerate. In no time, Genevieve's jeep was the only vehicle on the road, at least according to her mirrors. Genevieve hadn't said anything, but it was her method of being kind to Luis. She was isolating him from overstimulation. This woman was as tough as nails, but she was also kindhearted. As if sensing that Luis was was overthinking, she rolled her eyes. "Chill out, I'm just hungry."

Entering a city zone, Genevieve began to slow the Jeep down, making a few turns. Obviously, her desired junk food place was one she frequented. "Do you want anything besides fries?"

Luis got a face full of trash when Genevieve opened the window. When he tried to protest it became a mouthful... "Oh god! It's in my mouth! It's in my mouth!" He didn't even know what it was, other than it tasted absolutely fowl. He had his tongue hanging out of his mouth, apparently trying to wipe the horrid taste from his tongue. "Thome miths vou'd vae awthome. A vaviva fack vou'd vae nas toh." Luis kept his tongue out, he wasn't going to recontaminate his mouth with that taste. He looked quite goofy with his tongue hanging out. A displeased look was stamped on his face, making it appear all the more amusing.

"Did they make me? I should probably change again just to make sure." She muttered as she followed them from afar. Once she passed the restaurant they were stopping at she pulled into a hotel and parked. Once she exited the vehicle she took off her army fatigues, revealing a tank-top and gym-shorts. Before moving to the building she kicked on some flipflops. There was already a guy in the lot, he was standing by an older muscle car. "Excuse me sir, can you help me with something? My car seems to be making a strange noise and you looked like a guy who knows how to work under a hood." She was being quite flirtatious, using an innuendo to further her persuasion. She led the man to the stolen car and once he opened the hood and looked inside she slammed the hood on his head. "Alright, keys...wallet... Awesome." She laughed as she proceeded to the muscle car. As soon as she was sealed inside she changed her face and skintone. She was now looking like a thin dark skinned woman. A small Afro atop her head. Putting the key in the ignition she revved the engine and pulled out of the lot.

Despite all her bitterness, Genevieve did seem to be having a good time. She laughed at Luis, and ordered them food. Luis, of course, made the fast food worker laugh, and Genevieve didn't mind in the slightest. However, the mighty woman was somewhat conflicted. She was always one to be rather upfront with her own emotions, but with a single mission, Silenius had managed to make her emotions a metaphorical boomerang. This soldier wasn't one easily frightened, to say the least, but there was a small glimmer of the evil emotion, hidden beneath the layers of a stern demeanor, just below the heartbreak.

Luis was so upfront with his emotions. Could Genevieve truly afford to be honest with hers?

Genevieve's more carefree side began to wane away, along with her enthusiasm for fries. As she drove, she munched thoughtfully, but was too distracted to appreciate the greasy flavor that coated her fingertips. This previous junk-food outing was perhaps the only time Genevieve could afford to be anything less than serious. As the mission loomed nearer, her attitude gradually ceased to be humorous, and she became less talkative.

The drive to Genevieve's house took them into the woods, a good fifteen minute drive into a very rustic landscape. Evergreen's loomed shadily, along with huge cedars that blocked out the sun. The city noise ceased, and Genevieve seemed to visibly relax. Quite abruptly, a rather windy gravel driveway appeared, and Genevieve turned into it. The bumps caused a few cans to rattle in the car, and the suspension squeaked in familiar complaint. The road only led to one home; a rather large, rather plain looking log cabin. Pulling up to it, Genevieve shut off the Jeep, taking off her sunglasses to give Luis an extremely stern look. "You are sworn to secrecy." the phrase was meant to be a question, but came out as more of a command that Luis would be forced to acknowledge.

Luis acknowledged Genevieve's command with a nod before heading inside. He liked that it was out further in the woods rather than a town house. There was almost no background noise besides the animals and nature. He set his duffel down and pulled his shirt over his head. "So where's the bathroom?" he asked as he dug through his bag for his change of clothes. His bare torso showed all the various scars he had, there was also the pawprint tattoo on his right shoulder.

Further down the road the tail continued her drive, she stopped her car about a mile out and got out. She knew very well that Luis could hear the engine if she continued in the car. By the time she had reached the house she could see one person, the faint sound of running water told her where Luis was. She walked in the front door and sat down.
"So who are you? Obviously you two go back otherwise he wouldn't be this friendly with you. Also keep your voice down, he doesn't need to know I'm here." The woman was currently in appearance as a Latin woman with short wild hair and fiery eyes.

Geneieve's house was a falsely humble abode, though the rustic touch was genuine. Genevieve lived simply, and the lifestyle suited her personality. Her walls were polished wood, her floor decorated with more pelts than actual rugs. Unsurprisingly, Genevieve was a rather skillful, though casual hunter. A fireplace dominated her living room, throwing warm light and shadows. Genevieve didn't have many other adornments. A bookshelf, here, a tall armchair there. Her kitchen was just as simple, and surprisingly normal. Her furniture seemed regal, but tired, much like their owner. Oddly, the house smelled of oil, wood, smoke, and gunpowder. It smelled more like a homey blacksmith's place, rather than a house. Genevieve didn't mind. Of course, there was an entirely different layer to the home as well. Genevieve's basement was outfitted like an army bunker hybridized with a mechanic's bay. The top floor was more of a front, though Genevieve spent little time there. Her lone personal touch was a few grimy pictures on the mantle, covered in dust. They were more specifically of a man, in various ages, who seemed both very young and very normal. There was even a picture of a far younger Genevieve with the man, looking very much like a polished battle-ax in her wedding dress. It was the prettiest she'd ever looked, and ever would.

A few of these pictures lay facedown, but the ones of the man stood. There were a few voids in the dust upon such memories, as if somebody had caressed the picture once or twice in passing.

"Straight down the hallway, take a left." Genevieve grunted, making a beeline for the fridge. When somebody had last lived here, they had…. memory issues. Genevieve had labeled most of the rooms with both witty as well as profane titles. If Luis walked down the hall, he'd see doors labeled "Study/Padded Room", or "DO NOT ENTER", as well as "Wipe the seat, asshat". Most of these rooms were locked, or strangely sensitive to only Genevieve's fingerprint. The place was rustic, not insecure.

Of course, this meant that she was immediately alerted when Olivia dared to cross her threshold. Many things peeved Genevieve in life, but trespassers sent her straight to pissed. Slamming her fridge door, Genevieve's jawline hardened, and she looked absolutely livid as well as ferocious. Olivia was probably a cocky girl for just roaming in, but Genevieve had partially known that she was coming. It was better to interrogate her pursuers, rather than blowing them up at the start.

"I ask the questions, or you get the hell out of my house."

Genevieve's tone was steely at best, but she wasn't worried. Olivia, plainly, had walked into an armored fortress. A badass, deadly armored fortress. If she wasn't careful, it would be her prison cell.

"I'll go ahead and answer a few that may come up." Liv didn't even let Genevieve start asking before cutting to answers, none of which were true. Though she knew damn well the intimidating woman before her would have no way to validate anything she told her. "My name is Monica, I'm with the inter-species council, I help with security. My partner's name is Sawyer. I'm here keeping tabs of our mutual friend." She could hear the water shut off and the curtains open, Luis would be able to hear her now. Knowing this she smiled and waved a goodbye before changing into a large cat, a Savannah to be exact. She looked a lot like an African Serval. Doing what cats do best she went and laid in the sun, warming her belly fur. Watching her change wasn't the prettiest sight. It was similar to watching a non-bipedal werewolf change, only the wolf form was smaller than normal. People were much more discreet.

"Did you have company? I swear I heard someone." Luis was dressed in faded blue jeans and a gray v-neck. His damp hair was pushed back in a messy wave atop his head. "I didn't know you had a cat, though looking at her I can see why you chose her. I'd rather get jumped by a Rott than one of those... What's her name?" He looked at the large cat, she was about the same as a medium sized dog. He went over to pet the cat, going straight for the belly fur.

Olivia knew she was about to get pet, but when it turned out he was petting her belly... She rolled over quickly and bit Luis' hand, leaving four puncture wounds that started bleeding. When he reared back in shock she also gave him a good swat to the face before walking off towards Genevieve. I'm going to punch him for that one later.... Okay lady don't blow my cover. She was going out on a limb with this one.

Genevieve squinted at the intruder with such a lethal level of distaste and stubborn disbelief that Olivia's lies practically bounded away in terror. Genevieve's glare was loathsome, especially as she was disrespected in her own home. The nerve! She'd harbored fugitives a few times, but damn, at least those ones had manners…. or they learned some by the time Genevieve was done with them. "That's some pretty putrid bullshit," she muttered. Some people believed that Genevieve had a special mechanism in her eye that could detect somebody's heartbeat. They weren't entirely wrong, but Genevieve also had very strong intuition in general.

As Olivia changed, Genevieve's chagrined expression intensified, as if to say, why is it always me? Funny enough, she didn't look too surprised. Honestly, it wasn't the weirdest thing to ever transpire under her roof. She eyed the minor scuffle with mild hostility, angrily drumming her fingers against the wood counter. Due to her metal arm, the noise was louder than most normal people would be used to. Eyeing Olivia, she spoke with surprising innocence. "Suka," she replied dryly, quite pointedly. In Russian, it roughly translated to "bitch". Hopefully, Luis was none the wiser.

Reaching forward as if in a gesture of affection, Genevieve plucked Olivia up by the scruff of her furry neck. "She's a bit of a diva," Genevieve explained rather cheerfully, though there was malice in her blue eyes. Calmly, she plopped the cat in her lap, though a hand of iron stayed on the animal at all times. "The expression "curiosity killed the cat" may very well come true." Genevieve didn't blow Olivia's cover, but her subtle hints at approaching demise were rather frightening.

Luis recoiled at the bite, pulling it up to his lips to lick the wound. A curse escaped his lips as he eyed the spotted cat. When Genevieve hoisted the cat away he stood back up. He glanced subtly over to the floor by where the cat had been laying, a loose pile of clothes was scattered nearby. Luis didn't pick up Genevieve's scent on them either, rather some strangers. "Podkhodyashcheye imya." He replied in russian, it translates to 'A fitting name'. While he wasn't fluent in Russian he knew enough to get by, though his grammar wasn't the best. "ne vasha odezhda da?" Luis subtly turned his head in the direction of the clothes, using his left hand to crack his neck. He was asking if the clothes were hers, but didn't want to speak in English for fear the owner was still around.

Olivia had no idea what the two of them were saying, Russian wasn't a language she ever thought to learn. She tried to squirm out of Genevieve's grasp, however her metal arm proved to be much heavier than she had anticipated. This sucks... She kept her eyes open, trying to watch for anything odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.