Operation KKK

Status
Not open for further replies.
>_>
<_<

So far, to me, it looks like everyone is behaving themselves. I see no reason to cry 'OK EVERYBODY SHUT THE FUCK UP NOW' if there are still people who want to discuss.

And Tumblr posts aren't always so bad. Some of them bring gifs of love and joy.

tumblr_msxvx2Odc21sz2hfno1_500.gif

• Thank You
Reactions: Foxy and Astaroth
OK, but I'll need a box, a stick, and a mouse trap.

*Sees @Brovo deleted that post because it was the wrong thread*

Now I'm the one who is intrigued (scared?)

They actually prevented a very powerful Mexican drug cartel from executing a hostage that happened to be a member of Anonymous. Basically, they said the cartel had until a specific date or they would begin releasing the identities and a bunch of other information of thousands of members of the cartel. The cartel actually released their hostage before the deadline, making it a notable example of the real world power Anonymous is capable of.

That said, while I do enjoy a dose of schedenfreude when it comes to assholes being brought low by a bunch of hackers, it is also very important to remember that while today they are going after universally hated groups, tomorrow it might be something close to you that you care about.
See, that's the one thing that is truly scary about Anonymous. I love how they do go after groups and individuals that are in need of a good dose of Karma. The whole Ashley Madison thing was hilarious, but when you think about it from the perspective of the girlfriend/wife who discovered that their partner had been unfaithful, it's not nearly as funny. As much as I dislike the KKK and all other hate groups, what will revealing their identities really do to help? Think of the families of those members, not the ones aware and participating, but the ones who are oblivious to the fact that someone they're related to is part of that group. Children would be harassed simply because of their parents' views that they might not even share. And let's face it, Americans are not known for their restraint. The violence that could erupt from this will only continue to keep the hate building.

In the U.S, as much as I hate to say it, there is always going to be hate. I hate to sound like a conspiracy nut, but that is how the government wants it. We are all divided into categories, from race, to economic status. There is no such thing as a plain American, we're Caucasian American, African American, lower class American, and that's where part of the problem lies. There is so much discord and unrest because every time we turn on the news there's a black face in a mugshot that's being publicized, while the doctor or scientist of the same race is making a huge discovery that no one will hear about.

If Anonymous truly wants to do something beneficial, they need to publicize the people who are making a positive difference in the world rather than a negative one.

That's just my opinion though.

Reactions: Darog and Astaroth
I don't agree with either of those actions, though I am not as bothered by forcing a few sites into a DoS. Revealing the identity of people with unpopular opinions however is rather dangerous, especially when they are well-known. At that point, these people are likely to face consequences (dismissal, threats of all sorts, general resentment et cetera), as people know what they did - which is outright illegal if they simply voiced their opinion, and otherwise vigilantism. The latter is risky, as morals are very subjective and should therefor be regulated by a common authority. On top of that it is not only the revealed people who may confront repercussions, but also their associates - who may not have done anything wrong, but are presumed guilty by association.

Aaaaaaand surprise (?) there were dozens of state senators/various elected officials listed as members.

*Secludes herself once more in the Re-Evaluation Dome*
There was a total of nine, Anonymous distanced itself from the list by repeatedly stating that it had, quote, "nothing to do with their operation", and the names of politicians included one that is openly gay, which the Klan would put to death if they had things their way. So. False alarm. It was just some moron bandwagoning to vigilantism.

• Useful
Reactions: Tegan
Oh Drats! I've been found out! I must escape into my underground bunker where I shall plot my takeover along with my other level 99 Grand Dragons.

We shall return again to cleanse the impurity from the glorious white man and take what is rightfully ours: Pure blooded Aryan waifus and thick dark chocolate hoochie mamas

14/88 fo lyfe

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Brovo
There was a total of nine, Anonymous distanced itself from the list by repeatedly stating that it had, quote, "nothing to do with their operation", and the names of politicians included one that is openly gay, which the Klan would put to death if they had things their way. So. False alarm. It was just some moron bandwagoning to vigilantism.
So, I don't have to re-evaluate my opinion on this one?

WHOO!

U-S-A! U-S-A!

Reactions: Brovo

I take it my Krazy Kuilting Klub guess was wrong?

Speaking of politicians, that would've been the only FUN thing I can think of "Operation KKK" accomplishing: outing people currently in office that have secret KKK membership or affiliation.

Then maybe, maybe I would've ignored the ramifications of the vigilante "hacktivism" and laughed my ass off all the way to the bank.

Reactions: Tegan
Status
Not open for further replies.