Open Your Heart. (Draco/Oc) (potassiumboron/Severu

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I would love that." Neville replied, grinning.
He was glad she'd brought it up. He didn't want to be too forward.

-----

Atropa listened quietly to Draco's answers, not saying anything.
His reluctance to speak about the affair was upsetting.
She didn't understand why it would upset him.

He had fun, didn't he?
"Okay, that's fine." She told him, standing, a smile on her face.
"I'm going to have a quick bath before bed." She said
over her shoulder as she made her way quietly to the bathroom.

Running the hot water, she locked the bathroom door and got undressed, gently sitting in the tub.
As soon as she sat down, she began to quietly sob, glad she'd turned the water on to drown out the noise.

"So, you're my boyfriend? Awesome," she grinned, even if she wanted to keep it secret for a week, just to be able to be in Neville's company and have it be their little thing before everyone from the department got involved and began to chat about them as a couple.

Sure, she wanted them to know... just not straight away. it was nice to keep it to themselves for a week.

---

"Atropa..." He frowned, moving instantly after her and tried the door, just to find she'd locked it, and quietly took a seat outside it with a frown growing. "...Atropa, honestly? I don't want to dwell on my... affair. I want to forget about it, move on. Is that such a bad idea?"

"Yeah, awesome." He repeated, laughing.
It was something he hadn't ever thought of before.
He'd only wanted to be friends, at the very least.

Now, here he was, caught up in everything going on.
And he was Karina's boyfriend.

-----------------

Atropa turned the water off, leaning back in the tub to let the hot water rush over her body.
"Draco, honestly, I'm fine! I just wanted to take a bath because I'm sore."
She made her voice cheerful, as if nothing was wrong.

Sure, she could understand that he was ashamed, and that he wanted to forget the affair.
But she wasn't over it yet. She loved him, and she didn't want to leave him.
But it would take time, like everything did.
Right now, she just needed to be alone.

"Welcome to the drama," she sighed, moving to reach for her wand once feeling she ought to just take her leaving now - after the whole admittance of being pregnant, and having to think about telling Draco, all she really wanted to do was go home, feed the cats and sleep.

She decided Monday was the best day to reveal to Draco, and that was only less than three days away now. it was horrific, in reality, knowing she had to practically break up a marriage and bring a child into the world where its own father might not want anything to do with it.

"I'll be off," she sighed, leaning up to place a kiss on his lips, only to decide that she rather liked how it felt and leant in for another, before forcing herself back with a smile. "See you Monday?"

---

"You're not mad, are you?-- Course you are..." He sighed, realising that she was probably still going to be furious, and silently moved a little back from the door tiredly. "Atropa, I'm sorry, you know? I know it's hard to... trust me, but just stop asking about the affair. I don't want to be friends with Karina if you don't want me to. I-I'll devote myself to you, so just... you gotta learn to trust me again."

Neville laughed, nodding. Drama, for sure.
He knew Monday would not be fun, or easy, for anyone.
This was a huge mess.

Smiling softly as Karina kissed him on the lips, Neville nodded.
"Monday." He replied, a bright blush on his cheeks.

-----

Atropa sighed and got out of the tub, draining it quickly.
She put on her silk robe and opened the door, crossing her arms.
"I don't care if you're friends with her. I just wanted a bath."

Sliding past him, she made her way to their room, where she got dressed in a nightgown before getting into bed.
In all honesty, she just wanted to sleep now.
She wanted to relax, and sleep.
And, she also wanted the affair to never have happened.​

Finally stomaching the thought of apparating, it was only when she arrived home that she regretted the quick movement, having to hurry to throw up promptly in the toilet - she was used to the odd being sick (she really should have realised the pregnancy sooner, if that was anything to go by) and with seven months left, she realised she probably should get used to it a lot more.

Though thinking about Monday only caused her to feel worse, finally moving to curl up in bed with a wary frown.

It could go two ways, really: it could go bad, or it could go terrible. There was no inbetween.

---

"Why the hell are you acting like this all of a sudden?" He hissed as he walked after her, hesitating before grabbing his pillows. If they were arguing, then he really didn't feel like sleeping in the bed with her, and feeling far more separate than if he just slept on the couch. "Atropa, I thought we... were supposed to be getting on better tracks. Not go round and round in the same circle. It won't help our marriage, so just... stop it. Please?"

Neville did the dishes slowly, speaking to his cats about the night he'd had.
Once everything was clean, he took a long hot shower and dressed in his pajamas.

Finally, he turned off his light and fell asleep.

-----

Atropa sighed, rubbing her temples.
"I'm allowed to be upset, Draco. I just needed a moment alone. I wanted questions answered, but I won't ask anything else now. Now I'm tired, and I just want to sleep. We can't be perfect and happy constantly. It's okay to be upset. I'm okay. I don't want to fight. I'm just tired."

She looked up at him, feeling exhausted. She couldn't be any clearer.
If he still wanted to be mad and sleep on the guest bed, that was on him.

"Thing is, you didn't show you were upset before! It's sorta deceitful," he grimaced, snatching a blanket from the bed in his usual show of childishness, though he didn't really want to cause an argument, and so felt that perhaps kipping on the couch was the best strategy.

"I can't believe you sometimes. If you're upset, you should have said before dinner. You made me believe things were alright again, Atropa. Just be clearer next time, I mean... that's not right of you, it's downright annoying, actually."​

Atropa stopped moving, just starting at him.
"I didn't realize how upset I was. I mostly got upset because you refused to speak about it."

Her voice was quiet, and she felt run down.
"You have no right to be angry with me. I've done nothing wrong. I need time to process things. I have emotions, sometimes ill be happy. Sometimes ill get upset. Considering everything, I think I'm doing pretty well."

"I know, but seriously, just tell me next time. I thought... we were alright, as ridiculous as that might be. You know me, though. I don't... know emotions that well," he sighed, suddenly moving to lay down beside her on the bed, trying to take the mature option now he was an adult and not some kid anymore. "Listen, any questions you have that'll help you get over the affair, just ask me, alright? I'll... answer them, however awkward, and... I just wanna make things better between us, honestly."​

Atropa yawned, pulling the blanket up over herself.
"I don't need to know anything else, except.. Did you use protection?"
It was a realistic question. She didn't know this woman, or if she had anything.
Glancing at Draco, Atropa turned over to face him.

"We don't need anymore issues." She said quietly, picking at her nails.​

"Did I use protection?" He blinked in repeat, mostly to bide himself some more time to take the question in... and immediately found his gut tighten in evident guilt. Not once had it occurred to him to do that, but was it wise to admit to it?

Lying could bring greater repercussion, after all, but the truth could hurt her more.

"Yeah, obviously. I'm not a fool, however many time people accuse me of it," he laughed, moving to peck her forehead quickly. "Now get some sleep, please?"​

Atropa wasn't sure if he was telling the truth.
But she didn't feel like fighting him on it.
"Sure." She replied, smiling tightly as she kissed him on the cheek quickly.

Then she rolled over and went to sleep, deciding to do some investigating tomorrow.

Draco on the other hand gave a smile before turning onto his side and quietly felt his heart quicken in nervousness.

He knew his wife down to a T, and that she was hardly going to let it go when he had hardly sounded convicted - he wasn't the best liar, and so he knew she'd find the truth out eventually-- but he was happily unaware that the best evidence for not having used protection came in the two-month old pregnancy.

Forcing his ice blue eyes shut in order to force off negativity from worrying, he had to, again, coerce himself into sleep in knowing it was best for him at the moment.​

Neville woke up on Monday morning feeling anxious.
He wasn't looking forward to Draco's reaction, and he especially didn't want to see Karina hurt.
Neville didn't know if Draco would be angry, or happy, but either way, someone was bound to get hurt.
It was going to be an eventful day, at least.

After he showered and ate some toast, he apparated to work, no coffee this time.

Taking a seat at his desk, Neville shuffled through his files, trying to keep himself occupied until Karina and Draco arrived.

----------------------

Atropa had woken up early that morning, as she'd done every morning recently.
Her stomach was sick, so she decided not to eat. She'd been feeling ill lately, though she wasn't sure why.
Her shower was quick, and she'd decided to drink a glass of milk to calm her stomach.

She didn't pack a lunch, and left Draco a note, telling him she'd gone to work early.

When she arrived, she took a seat in the Teacher's Lounge, and smiled when she saw Adrian enter.
His grin was wide as he took a seat next to her.
"So, what's the lesson for today?" He asked, seemingly interested in her lesson plans.

And not long after, only minutes really, Draco was first to arrive out of the two, seemingly not in the best of moods - he'd woken without Atropa in his arms, and with just a note to explain, so it had hardly been the nicest thing to wake up to.

With the news Karina was going to break to him, the fact he was in a bitter mood already didn't help matters whatsoever.

Sitting at his desk, the blonde didn't even look up as he would used to, even for a friendly smile, when Karina entered without use of apparation as usual, wandering in in a flowery dress and a matching headband in her hair, taking a seat at her desk with a bashful grin to Neville.

Anything to avoid the inevitable for just a bit longer.

"How was your weekend then?" She asked, refusing to give in and glance at Draco. "Good?"

Neville smiled hesitantly at Karina. He knew she was stalling.
"Karina, you've got to tell him." He whispered, a sympathetic look on his face.
Glancing at Draco, he could tell he was already in a bad mood.

"Just like a band aid. Rip it off quickly."

==========

Atropa spent the first class smiling, happy with her morning interactions.
Today, class seemed to go well, everything was running smoothly, and she had no accidents.
While everyone had been terrified when Snape taught, the students seemed to enjoy potions with her.

At her first break, Atropa decided now was the time to act.
She wrote a quick note to be delivered to Karina.
Draco wouldn't tell her anything, so she needed to go to the other source.

Karina, we don't really know each other. I'm Atropa, Draco's wife.
If you have time, I'd like to have a chat with you, today, maybe.
I'm not wanting to yell or anything, I promise.
Just need to speak to someone who won't lie.

"I... I can't, Neville," she cringed, the fact he could read her like a book not helping her prevent the talk with Draco, holding her scarf in hand and fiddling with it as a form of coping with the looming pressure.

Taking a peek at the other finally, she practically backed out there and then - she knew him well enough to know his angry expression. And what could make things worse? The arrival of the letter from Atropa, reading over it at least five times before feeling her stomach twist in worry. "...She wants t-to see me, Neville... I can't... i-it's too much pressure."

Neville frowned, sighing.
"I can go with you. Or at least stand around, make sure nothing happens."
Seeing the arrival of a letter, Neville sighed again.
This was complicated.

"Maybe you should meet with both of them at the same time. It would serve Draco right."

"What if... Atropa just hits me or something?" She panicked - she couldn't really blame the woman, really, if that happened. "I don't know, I don't want to witness them arguing and stuff, and know I'm the cause of it, Neville... but it would b-be easier, and... fine. Fine, okay? But if it ends horribly, I'll just curl up for seven months and refuse to leave my room," she huffed, mostly playful as she managed a quiet smile, trailing across to Draco with the letter in hand.

"Draco," she started quietly, peering over at Neville as a form of confidence before managing another smile. "Atropa wants to meet up with me, and... and I need you there because I have news too and..."

"She does?" Draco blinked, focusing only on the mention of Atropa, a scowl crossing his face - wasn't his version of things enough? "I'm definitely coming, she needs to stop this, I swear."

Status
Not open for further replies.