Open Your Heart. (Draco/Oc) (potassiumboron/Severu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atropa nodded, smiling weakly at Draco.
When the nurse came out and called her name, she realized she was terrified. Entering the back room, the nurse took her weight, noticing that she was underweight. She'd lost at least fourth pounds recently. Once they'd taken her blood pressure, the nurse assured her the healer would be in soon, and left. Swinging her feet from the little examination table, Atropa sighed.​

"I'm sure it'll be fine. You've always been on the thin side, but now we're doing this baby stuff and we're back together and stable, I'm sure your weight won't be an issue," the wizard commented from behind a newspaper, indulging in reading that purely to stay out of the way and not fuss around, which every fibre of his being was crying out to do.

The last thing Atropa needed was him stressing out and making a complete nuisance of himself.

"You'd be carrying a child, after all -I have no doubts that we'll be able to have a kid- and that in itself sort of entails a little weight increase, right?" He murmured, before peeking over the paper with an amused grin. "I honestly can't wait for all this. I could take time off work with an actual, valid reason-- I'm happy to stay at home and be a house husband or whatever. I'm getting ahead of myself, I know, but... it's pretty exciting, isn't it? And Jude will love being a big brother..."

Atropa smiled at Draco's words. He really did have a point, and he was making her feel so much better.
"Right.. Jude! I hope he won't be upset." She told him, biting her lip.
At that moment, the healer entered. She was a young woman, about thirty, and she had a gentle face.

She told Atropa to lay back, and she pulled her shirt up, feeling her stomach area, nodding to herself.
"I can fix this." She told her, smiling.
Atropa's heart began to race as the woman did some type of spell, whispering quietly.

When she told Atropa to sit up, the woman took a seat on the stool and smiled at them both.
"You had a miscarriage, or two, right? Your uterus was damaged from them. Muggle doctors couldn't fix that, but I could.
You should be able to have children now with no issues."

Atropa grinned, tears filling her eyes, and put her hands to her mouth.
"Thank you!" She called out happily.

While it was his aim to maintain calmness, and be able to be a solid presence for his wife who he was sure was bound to feel some anxiousness during the inspection, he did instantly break that composure the moment she was given the go-ahead and the confirmation she could have a baby, and they could properly try without fearing hopelessness.

This time, there would actually be a decent chance it could go the whole way, and that in itself was enough to make the characteristically stoic man break his stereotype to grin wide and hurry over towards his wife.

"So... that's it then? We're all sorted, are we?"

The woman nodded, letting them leave.
Atropa stood happily and took Draco's hand, surprised, but happy, that everything had gone so well, and had been so easy.
When they got the waiting room, Atropa apparated them back home, and took a seat on the couch.

"I'm so happy, Draco." She told him, sighing.​

"Well, hopefully. I'd be a little disheartened if you weren't," he chuckled as he placed down his thick coat, and headed to the kitchen to make a well deserved cup of tea for the both of them, and a few biscuits to side with it, even though the latter was mostly for him to boost his energy levels.

The news had practically sapped the life out of him through shock - though it was all worth it, just to know he could have a child with the woman he adored.

Status
Not open for further replies.