Open Your Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, could you give a little more info about the rites and the banishing?
Ah, the rites.
I've not actually put much thought into the details at this point, to tell the truth.
Which reminds me, offhandedly, to mention that a section on naming conventions has been added to the Enclaves page.
Essentially, think SATs but for combat, scripture (which in this culture means science rather than theology, rather making scientific and its derivative knowledge into a religion in itself), strategy, teamwork, essentially testing you on what it means to live within Enclave society.
That being a highly regimented culture born from the nuclear apocalypse, meaning "We don't want that crap to happen again, it's time to grow up and start acting like sentient beings rather than insects with egos. Here's how."

The banishing is a bit more cut and dry.
Basically one is called to a hearing at which point your failures are made known officially and publicly, after which you are sentenced to exile.
Ceremony is a big thing within this society, you see.
Think a mix of Roman and Japanese approach to things.
At the penultimate point within the hearing the condemned is knocked out, as I put in my first post.
Completely out of nowhere everything goes black and one wakes up literally "cast" into the wilderness.

Ah, the rites.
I've not actually put much thought into the details at this point, to tell the truth.
Which reminds me, offhandedly, to mention that a section on naming conventions has been added to the Enclaves page.
Essentially, think SATs but for combat, scripture (which in this culture means science rather than theology, rather making scientific and its derivative knowledge into a religion in itself), strategy, teamwork, essentially testing you on what it means to live within Enclave society.
That being a highly regimented culture born from the nuclear apocalypse, meaning "We don't want that crap to happen again, it's time to grow up and start acting like sentient beings rather than insects with egos. Here's how."

The banishing is a bit more cut and dry.
Basically one is called to a hearing at which point your failures are made known officially and publicly, after which you are sentenced to exile.
Ceremony is a big thing within this society, you see.
Think a mix of Roman and Japanese approach to things.
At the penultimate point within the hearing the condemned is knocked out, as I put in my first post.
Completely out of nowhere everything goes black and one wakes up literally "cast" into the wilderness.
So, to put in bluntly; Those who fail in the terms of book smarts need to make it up in street smarts and kill each other in de forest. Neat.
Now, I take it the condemned all fall around the age of 18?
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, this 'wilderness' is made of pre-apocalypse cities reclaimed by the forest?
(I ask allot to be sure about everything and this won't be the last time I ask for small details)

So, to put in bluntly; Those who fail in the terms of book smarts need to make it up in street smarts and kill each other in de forest. Neat.
Now, I take it the condemned all fall around the age of 18?
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, this 'wilderness' is made of pre-apocalypse cities reclaimed by the forest?
(I ask allot to be sure about everything and this won't be the last time I ask for small details)
Couldn't have put it better myself...in fact...maybe I should start a young-adult series and end up making crappy movies.
Yup, around that age.
There are ruins sure but also completely empty stretches and maybe some other nuggets too.

More questions!
Since the others are still busy, I started working on the character application and was hoping to get more info on the birthplace and designation. Hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of finding your character bin and noticed they all have codes for designation. Hopefully you can enlighten me again?

More questions!
Since the others are still busy, I started working on the character application and was hoping to get more info on the birthplace and designation. Hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of finding your character bin and noticed they all have codes for designation. Hopefully you can enlighten me again?
As I said in a previous post, naming conventions are now covered in the Enclaves entry
But, since I'm the sporting type I'll copy and paste it here for your ease of perusal.

"NAMING CONVENTIONS
First and foremost, names like so much else within the Enclave are earned. From the moment one is born one goes without, the name one will carry earned once one has become a citizen. Applying to official documentation, most individuals might be given a name by their family, another by their friends, yet others by their enemies. Such a title, be it casual or official, often reflects the one to whom it applies. Whether this be through one's abilities, bearing or some distinguishing physical condition falls upon circumstances."

It is only when one becomes a citizen that an official designation is conferred as outlined at the top of the entry just linked.
The characters in my bin are entirely unrelated to the Logos continuum with the Avatar as the only exception, in that said character is a sort of parallel universe representation of Logos so that I might use concepts from the continuum outside of it.
As the thread's title suggests, the NCC stands for 'non-canon creation'.

As for birthplace, everyone is from the only major city left on the continent: Central.
In the past, cities were named for the territory they occupied and the sequence in which they had been build, "First City, East" for example.
Centrals were the capitals of a territory, with other cities in the same falling under jurisdiction of governmental agencies therein.
All cities are autonomous, but in matters deemed greater than can be dealt with alone those within a capital are brought in to mediate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please take further discussion to the OOC thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.