Open Your Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious about what your thoughts on Logos are, whether there were some questions you might have concerning it.

honestly i've either been busy or distracted and thusly haven't read anything i said i would and i do apologize for that

Nah, no need to apologize.
Life comes before art, sadly.
Just the fact that you're interested is grand.

Ooh~
I am mighty interested in this, especially after reading the first chapters of the information.
That aside, compliments on the banner. Very minimalistic. Same to the opening explanation.

@Freyja would you pronounce the j as a j or would it act as a i/y? the reason i ask is because i've seen the same spelling other places and have been told one or the other.

@Renegade Proxy i am glad that you aren't to upset about it but i must still apologize for that fact. but would it be possible for a basic rundown about everything and still have the ability to understand enough to participate or must i read it all to understand it?

@Killroy The 'J' is pronounced as a j. It's kinda hard to explain since I just always went along with what people called me, but you pronounce it "fré-ja" I think.

Huzzah! I'm special. But no I loved that book. I had both that one and the second one/prequel Dawn of The Dreadfuls. Bought them both at a book fair when I was still in highschool. I never even got to read Dawn. Someone stole it the same day I bought it. And last year I loaned out the Pride and Prejudice one and never got it back. And for the life of me I cannot remember who I loaned it too. :bored:

@Renegade Proxy i am glad that you aren't to upset about it but i must still apologize for that fact. but would it be possible for a basic rundown about everything and still have the ability to understand enough to participate or must i read it all to understand it?
Hmm...that's a question...
As Freyja pointed out, I do lean toward a minimalistic style, but the unfortunate thing about building a world is at some point the information grows to be rather unwieldy in a quick and dirty sense.
At least in my case, but let's see if I can't sum it up in a single statement.
After the third World War, the earth is plunged into nuclear chaos but with the same ingenuity that doomed it the human species manages to survive through the machinations of a networked nanomachine system that opens up the possibility for what has long in their history been called "magic" to exist in a purely technological and scientifically sound sense.
There's more to it and the details are much more interesting, but that I think sums it all up nicely.

Ooh~
I am mighty interested in this, especially after reading the first chapters of the information.
That aside, compliments on the banner. Very minimalistic. Same to the opening explanation.
The banner's a nice bait and switch that looks mysterious in the process.
Of course you couldn't resist~
Hover your mouse over it next time you see it and have a larf.

Ok let me see if i understand you correctly the humans had a nuclear war after WW3, saved themselves(their minds/ souls) into machines and utilized nano tech to induce a "magic" ability into themselves. or is it they used the nano tech to induce the "magic" which saved saved them from nuclear fallout. Maybe it's a third concept i haven't grasped yet but if it is any of the three I'll definitely join it sounds interesting enough; however with work my response will be limited to days off and usually 4:00 P.M. Arizona time.

and @Freyja thank you for the clarification on at least the pronunciation of your name

Ok let me see if i understand you correctly the humans had a nuclear war after WW3, saved themselves(their minds/ souls) into machines and utilized nano tech to induce a "magic" ability into themselves. or is it they used the nano tech to induce the "magic" which saved saved them from nuclear fallout. Maybe it's a third concept i haven't grasped yet but if it is any of the three I'll definitely join it sounds interesting enough; however with work my response will be limited to days off and usually 4:00 P.M. Arizona time.
It's not magic in a mystical sense.
The thinking goes, with machines sensitive enough to manipulate atomic structure freely one can induce effects that would to the uninitiated be seen as "magical".
Clarke's Third Law "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Those who survived World War 3 found remnants of humanity that had somehow done the same without technological help.
These refugees live savage lives, until the technological survivors uplifted them and established a new civilization in the form of Enclaves.
The mastery of nanotech came some time in the dark ages, but the seed that would grow into it was there from the beginning in form of the replicator, which itself has a whole suite of technology that grew up around it.
Most notably are motile dwellings, arcologies within which survivors lived to become more than flesh and blood.

So technically yes they are machines with human minds/ souls stored in them as a brain.

and i had magic in quotation marks as a means to say quote unquote or supposed and that's one paraphrase of Arthur C. Clarke

"One might confuse technological advances with that of magical prowess."- paraphrase of Arthur C. Clarke's famous quote

plus i did say any third thing i didn't grasp yet and that i was in

I'm not too fussed when it comes to response times.
Myself, if I don't have the inspiration to write something then I won't force it.
That can take anywhere from days to weeks, though if it comes to the latter something might have to be done.
There's a big bit of wiggle room there and even if you find yourself stumped I'm certain we'll find a way to keep things moving while making certain you can jump back in whenever possible.
Of course, we'll need a group first.

if im gone for more than a few days i'll make mention of it first

Perfect.
Now more people need to click the mysterious runed banner.

"This is the least amount of information I've seen in an interest check to date.
Kinda need more to go on...
[after discovering the link]
Good sir that is an assload of reading for an interest check"

Can't please 'em all. I will agree with him about the font though, monospace typefaces aren't made for reading on screens. I'll have to finish reading up tomorrow.

"This is the least amount of information I've seen in an interest check to date.
Kinda need more to go on...
[after discovering the link]
Good sir that is an assload of reading for an interest check"

Can't please 'em all. I will agree with him about the font though, monospace typefaces aren't made for reading on screens. I'll have to finish reading up tomorrow.
I'm not the only one tickled about that, it seems.

Glad to see it has piqued your interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.