Open World Fantasy Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A homebody really, well at least give the martial arts master some time to close up shop and grab her gloves." Sphara said in a silly mad voice as she grinned at Trinity. She pulled her stock back into her storage area, she went to her room grabbed her brass and leather gloves pulled them on and went out side to meet Trinity. "So you ready to go on an adventure with miss homebody?" She asked.

As the two walked towards the forest, they continued their conversation.
"If you hate the title so much, prove me wrong," she dared. "A job like yours would drive me crazy. I don't know how you can stand it at all. But I guess that's why you and I stopped spending time together in the first place."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well I do happen to be the daughter of two merchants. Why are we even still talking about this?" Sphara asked calmly as they exited the city and into the forest.

"I don't see why we shouldn't talk about it," Trinity sighed. "I've missed you. It was better back then, but everything always has to get messed up."
She missed the days they spent running around the forests, and they wouldn't have to worry about monsters springing up at anytime, or knowing they had to go to work. But Sphara had moved on. She'd actually done what she was supposed to and became a real adult. Meanwhile, Trinity was clinging onto her childhood, hoping that one day, she could live a life with less responsibilities again.

Speaking of monsters...

The two would hear the faint sound of a lute strung in nameless melody. The sound approaches the two gradually and with it a strange echoed humming sound. From the shadows emerged Devon. The skeleton man would pause his playing and song to stare at the young girls with full flesh. The encounter was a bit awkward as Devon hadn't expected townsfolk to wander about in the forest with the higher monster activity. "Oh, hello loves!" his voice makes a distinct ring in the air as Devon's jolly voice and ghostly echo work in combination for giving the chime. "Having a swell walk? I personally find this humidity too much on my skin." A loud cackle escaped Devon, finding his joke amusing.

Sphara stared at the skeleton for a few seconds finding it rather strange that a skeleton would have a lute "some kind of music magic maybe" she thought to her self. After her confusion passed she sprung into a fighting stance, fists raised and said "And you said you never run into monsters, hm?"

Trinity drew her hatchets, "You just chose a bad day. But what's he going to do? Kill us with a song?"
She then turned to the skeleton, and couldn't help but smile. Even though she did a fair job of avoiding monsters, she couldn't deny she loved encountering them--especially the strange ones like this. She took another look at him; she'd never seen a monster quite like him before. "You don't conform to standards, do you?"

"Ladies, please!" Devon shouted excitedly. "I mean no harm, I am a simple messenger of love and song!" Devon knew full well of his condition and this was the sort of thing he was used to. Still, no shame in running away when determined warriors draw weapons. "I have no bone to pick with either of you." And there's no shame in fitting in as many terrible jokes about being a skeleton. "I break the standards of the skeleton race, yes. Rather controlled and cursed I roam free on my own will. And every bit of freedom is telling me to run if you charge. Why not hear out my plea?" Devon would offer an explanation and truce so long as they don't charge him.

"You can't blame us for being ready. Your type isn't usually all about 'love and song'. Go ahead, we'll listen to you, but we will defend if you try anything," Trinity warned.
She knew some monsters played tricks, and those tricks could sometimes be worse than a monster that went straight to attacking.

Sphara didn't move from her position just in case it was a trick and she scanned the skeleton for anything that could be a threat like she had been taught by her martial arts teacher. She saw nothing besides the loot that could have something dangerous hidden but then it would have to break inside it to pull the something out if there was something in there so it was highly unlikely. She stared at him a bit longer and saw a glowing blue energy in its chest "What's that?" She said pointing it's chest then lowering her guard a little bit while coming a little closer to try and see though she didn't need to come very close thanks to her cat like vision.

Devon took the time now to sit down, criss cross with his bony legs. His baggy bard clothes folding over his body as no muscle would be present to hold the clothes up properly. Devon also took this time to set his lute on the ground beside him, along with a sheathed blade he carried on his hip. Both lute and Messer on the ground to his right, the Messer out of reach. He'd raise one finger now. "First off, it's rather rude to point at someone and ask 'what's that?' Skeletons have feeling too, you know. That includes self awareness." The youth of today needed to respect their elders! "I'm simply a musician, girls. Or I was before I died... heh." Perhaps he was a tad awkward in speech explaining the situation. Or at least trying to in a way that wouldn't get him attacked. "I was risen by a young sap some thirty years ago I think. Suppose that's what this blue stuff in my chest is from. No need to worry about lil' old me, though. When's the last time you've seen a skeleton talk and joke about?"

"I haven't seen a skeleton period." Sphara said lowering her arms since he obviously wasn't a threat, well at least at the moment "Though pardon my suspicions, the stories I've heard haven't been the most... nice stories." She said still watching him remembering the horrific stories she had heard about skeletons in her past.

Trinity didn't lay down her weapons just yet. She was always on her best guard when it came to monsters. And she wasn't completely convinced this talking skeleton was completely truthful.
"You've never killed anyone?" She asked. "It's hard to believe any monster now is clean."

Devon picked up his lute once more and began to strum a random tune quietly. The song was soft, slow, and had no real meaning yet Devon knew it by memory well enough to strum it and still speak with the two. "I've fought off a few humans, yes. But only those who charge me despite my words. Unlike you two lovely ladies. I can assure you both the most I've killed is wild animals that wish to chew on my remains." Devon thought it over for a moment. "Although both your words remind me as to why I cannot enter cities and towns as I wish. A shame really, I feel my word and song could be appreciated even if from the dead. In a way the very concept is poetic." He'd chuckle some, the echo might make it seem more ominous than intended. "Enough about me. If it's common for monsters to roam this forest then why are two young girls here?"

Sphara looked at him as he played the laugh sort of made her feel weird but it was a nice song so she sat there and listened. When he stopped and asked them a question Sphara felt enough like she could trust him, she could tell fairly easy after dealing with so many people in town. "She convinced me to go on a walk with her" She said pointing at Trinity.

She had let her weapons fall, but she refused to be caught off guard if the skeleton attacked.
The eff rolled her eyes at her friend. "Have you seen the town? I've lived there basically my entire life, there's nothing to do anymore! I'd rather get attacked by a monster than be caged up doing the same old things everyday. If I had it my way, I'd be even further away from home, but it's 'too dangerous for a young woman like me.' "

"So here we have one man long passed who longs to see proper civilization again and two women, or perhaps just one that wishes to see more of the outside world. Interesting." He'd strum a few more notes now. "Well if you wish for monsters to attack you, I'm afraid I can't help you out. But I do know quite a bit about the surrounding area from having traveled some 30 years after my resurrection." If Devon could smirk, the smug grin would be planted on his face right about now. Instead his jaw clanks up and down rapidly, chattering his teeth. "We should make travel arrangements! Maybe we make a quest of sorts, hm? Like the old legends and tales." His one gets rather sing-songy as we makes a poetic cry. "The two brave heroines hunt down and slay the necromancer who had wrongfully brought one pour soul out of his eternal slumber!" It may not be entirely clear, but Devon was joking by all means of the word. He wouldn't think the two might actually take that up.

Sphara could here the sarcasm in the skeletons some what creepy voice and looked around at Trinity thinking to her self "Well she has always wanted to adventure" but Sphara needed to tend to her shop.

The skeleton's offer had earned him an excited grin. "I'm game any time, anywhere!"
Unlike Sphara, she had completely forgotten about her duties at home. She had the opportunity to adventure. No, not just adventure. She had the opportunity to adventure with a living skeleton! Maybe she would finally be able to see the world outside Burold.

Status
Not open for further replies.