3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Romance, Magical, Fictitious, Mystical, Dark & Light
Banner.jpg

Welcome to SkyScraper City...
This RPG is now active! To visit the IC Thread, click here.

SkyScraper City, just as it sounds, is a massive city made up entirely of skyscrapers. It exists in a modern world, though its whereabouts in the world are left vague intentionally. In the SkyScraper City RP, you will get the opportunity to play as a Building Owner! You can build the skyscraper of your dreams, create additional characters to live in the city and work in the businesses, and if you earn enough income, you can even build additional skyscrapers!

5051568.png

The currency used in the world of SkyScraper City is called the Skychip. There are many ways to earn Skychips through your roleplay.

When you begin playing, you will create a character (your building owner) and you will be given a one-storey building. This first floor will consist of your building's lobby and an apartment for your character to live in. You will also be given $5000 to start building.

Building a new floor will cost $1000, and each time you build a new floor, that cost goes up by $200. Once the new floor is built, you will need to select what kind of space you are building based on the list available below. The list will tell you how much it will cost to build that kind of space. Note that this cost is in addition to the initial cost of building the floor.

You might be getting concerned at this point, because building a skyscraper in SkyScraper City is pretty expensive. But that's okay, because there are lots of ways to earn money in SkyScraper City!
  • Every commercial floor will earn you 100 Skychips in weekly revenue
  • Every residential floor will earn you 200 Skychips in weekly rent
  • Every academic floor will earn you 300 Skychips in weekly revenue
  • When you make roleplay posts, every 100 words in your post will earn you 100 Skychips
  • If you make a roleplay post of 500 words or more, you will earn a bonus 100 Skychips on top of the 500 you would have earned normally (ie. A post of 400 words earns 400 Skychips, a post of 500 words earns 600 Skychips)
  • These offers stack, meaning that a post of 600 words will earn 700 Skychips, and a post of 1000 words will earn a whopping 1200 Skychips!
  • Creating a new playable character will earn you 200 Skychips
  • Recruiting a friend to join SkyScraper City will earn you 1500 Skychips
  • On your building owner's birthday, you will earn 1000 Skychips
  • On the birthdays of any other (non building owner) characters, you will earn 200 Skychips
  • There will be citywide events from time to time, and participation in these events can earn you Skychips as rewards!
  • Starting your building is free. All you need to do is create a character and a building and you will receive $5000 to start building.

Every time you build a floor, the cost of building goes up. The first floor you build (not including your lobby/personal apartment) will cost $1000, and the price will increase by $200 each time you build. Don't worry if you're unsure how much your next floor is going to cost; I've got a spreadsheet with the formulas already laid out, so I can easily tell you if you're uncertain.

Once you build a floor, you must choose what kind of floor it's going to be. You can use the table I've provided to help you with that choice. Click here to view the table that lists all the types of floors you can have. Note that new floor types will be added every now and then.

When you want to build a new floor in your building, and you have the money for it, all you have to do is make a post here in the OOC/Sign-ups thread stating that you'd like to build a new floor. Please make sure to include what kind of floor you want to make, as empty floors do not earn revenue or rent. If you have enough money, I will deduct the Skychips from your available funds and add the new floor to your building. If you do not have enough money, I will respond to your post by informing you how much money you have, how much the new floor will cost, and how much your choice of floor type will cost.

EXAMPLE: (so you understand how the money situation works with building)

You currently have only one floor (your lobby) and you wish to build a second floor. The floor costs $1000.
    You decide to make that floor into apartments, which costs an additional $1000. As such, the total to build your second floor is $2000.
    You decide to build a third floor. The floor costs $1200. You decide to build more apartments. Your second set of apartments costs $1200, so your total now is $2400.
    You decide to build a fourth floor. The cost of your floor is $1400. You decide to build a restaurant on this floor. The restaurant costs $500, so your total comes to $1900 for this floor. If you have only $1500, I will respond to your request for the fourth floor by relaying these prices to you along with a reminder that you have only $1500 Skychips.

If you wish, you can add detail to the information available about your floors. For example, if you decide to build a restaurant on one of your building floors, you can include any information about it you want - you can name the restaurant, you can assign a specific character to be the Head Chef, you can write a short description about what kind of food the restaurant serves, and if your restaurant offers delivery services, you can even include that! Likewise, you can add descriptions to any other floors you wish to build - apartments can be described by appearance, shops can sell specific merchandise (eg. Clothing Shop could include women's clothing shop, men's clothing shop, high-end clothing shop, wedding gown shop, children's clothing shop, second-hand clothing shop, etc.) and theatres can put on specific shows. It's up to you to customize and personalize your building as much as you want.
  • Creating characters seems like an easy way to earn some fast cash, but we do not recommend creating characters just for the sake of earning money.

The character creation form can be filled out as many times as you wish, provided there are residential vacancies in SkyScraper City. If the city runs out of vacancies, I will wait a few days and if nobody builds any residential spaces, I will simply add an additional apartments floor to Princess Towers. When you create a character, be sure to check the building listings to see what buildings have vacancies; the vacancies will be listed beside the floor in question. An apartments floor can have 15 residents, a dorm floor can have 8, a retirement suite floor can have 6, and a shelter can support 10 people. A penthouse can only hold one person, couple, or family. Note that you should keep the kind of floor in mind when you create your character, as an elderly character wouldn't be likely to move into a college dorm floor and a teenager wouldn't move into a retirement suite.

You must use your characters regularly in order to keep them. This can help boost the word count in your posts if you post with multiple characters at once, but if characters are left inactive for long periods of time (a specific period is TBD) they will be evicted from their homes and deleted from the RP. This is to dissuade you from creating a bunch of characters you don't need/intend to use only for the sake of getting the character creation bonus.

Characters, depending on their ages, will need jobs. The character sheet offers you both a spot for occupation and a spot for workplace. This is so that if your character is trained at a certain job or prefers a specific occupation that is not available yet, they can work elsewhere until a place suiting their skills opens up. For example, your character's occupation could be listed as a dentist or dental hygienist, but if no dental offices exist yet in SkyScraper City, their workplace could be listed as a restaurant where they're waitressing to make ends meet until a dental office opens up. Workplaces must be existing locations within existing skyscrapers.

• Character Creation Form

Name:
    Birthday:
    Appearance: Please describe your character's appearance; you may include a picture in addition to the description if you wish
    Personality:
    Other notes:
    Residence: (note that if this is the Building Owner for a new building, you must include the Building Creation Form in the same post)
    Workplace:
    Who invited/recruited you: (include the username of the person who told you about SkyScraper City, if anyone did)

*Be sure to check building vacancies before moving a new character
    **Take note that the occupation of a Building Owner is simply building owner, and their workplace will also be their residence
    ***There must be an existing workplace for characters in order to work; if they are a dentist by profession and no skyscrapers exist with dental offices in them, you may still list their occupation as 'dentist' but their workplace must read 'unemployed' until a dental office opens up

Building Creation Form

Building Name:
    Building Owner:
    Intended Usage: (Residential, commercial, office, medical, etc.)

*Note that intended usage can be changed, and does not limit the types of floors you can build in your building

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Waking Nights

Last edited:

• Owned by: Laila Monique Hamilton (PrincessLala95)
    Usage: Residential
    Vacancy: Yes

Floor 1: Lobby/Laila's apartment
    Floor 2: Restaurant - Paragon
    Italian cuisine. Paragon has a timeless, elegant vibe about it, with beautiful decor, comfortable seating, and delicious food.​
    Floor 3: Apartments (1/15 filled)
    These one-bedroom apartments combine modern features and utilities with classy decor.​
    Floor 4: Apartments (0/15 filled)
    These two-bedroom apartments are suitable for small families or couples wishing to start a family.​
    Floor 5: Apartments (2/15 filled)
    These three-bedroom apartments are suitable for families or a group of roommates to share.​
    Floor 6: Daycare - Little Orchids Childcare
    A quality care center for little ones, Little Orchids will care for children from the ages of 18 months to 7 years.​
    Floor 7: Hairdresser - Hair Me Out
    Hair Me Out provides styling, cuts, washes, and colour jobs for men, women, and children. They also provide quality shaving and sell hair products.​
    Floor 8: Clothing shop - Sweet Styles
    Sweet Styles sells a variety of clothing for men, women, and children.​
    Floor 9: Shoe shop - Sole Mates
    Sole Mates sells a variety of shoes for men, women, and children.​
    Floor 10: Jewelry shop - Solstice
    Solstice sells many styles of jewelry. They sell only the highest quality stones and precious metals.​
    Floor 11: Food & Beverage - Lattetude
    Lattetude is a coffee shop that sells a variety of beverages, both hot and cold, in addition to sandwiches and baked goods.​

• Owned by: Jackson Corvin (Ashen Angel)
    Usage: Commercial
    Vacancy: No

Floor 1: Lobby/Jackson's apartment
    Floor 2: Restaurant - Tilly's Tavern
    Tilly's Tavern is a warm environment, with a sprawling bar as well as several comfortable booths and dining tables. It's food is good, reminiscent of home cooked meals without the hassle. There is a private dining room for more formal occasions, though it's primarily used to house staff meetings.​

• Owned by: Jung Byul-ji (Mr. Calcium)
    Usage: Commercial/Entertainment

Floor 1: Lobby/Jung's apartment
    Floor 2: Bar - No Gravity
    No Gravity is a bar where anyone can come from 4 PM to 2 AM to relax and let their worries go. Complemented with live music and some of the best drinks it makes a great place for any hard working citizen. Of course people can also order meals mainly consisting of Eastern cuisine. Of course people can also sign themselves up to sing themselves if they wish so.​

• Owned By: Calvin Townsend (PrincessLala95)
    Usage: Medical/Academic

Floor 1: Lobby/Calvin's Apartment
    Floor 2: Pharmacy - McKenzie Pharmacy and Drugstore
    McKenzie Pharmacy and Drugstore supplies both over-the-counter medications and prescription-filling. In addition to medications, they sell generic drugstore items such as feminine hygiene products, diapers and wipes, toiletries, and cleaners. They also have a freezer with frozen treats, a cooler of drinks, and a display of chocolate bars and candies.​
    Floor 3: Doctor's Office
    Now hiring doctors, including GPs or specialized doctors, to work at McKenzie Memorial. Interested applicants should see Mr. Calvin Townsend.​
  • new building

Last edited:
Loft-Choker-Bracelets-Concrete-Wall-Girl-Model-1848475.jpg
Name: Laila Monique Hamilton
Birthday: October 25th
Appearance: Laila is of average height and slender. She has light skin, straight brown hair, and dark brown eyes. She takes care of herself, always chooses to be well-dressed, and won't dare leave her apartment without makeup on.
Personality: Laila is somewhat vain and posh. Coming from a wealthy family and inheriting her parents' skyscraper will do that to a girl. She tends to look down on others and values material goods over friendships. Secretly, however, she longs to fall in love and get married. She can be cold and harsh at times, and rarely thinks of anyone but herself.
Other notes: Inherited Princess Towers from her parents
Residence: Princess Towers
Workplace: Princess Towers
Who invited/recruited you: me

Building Name: Princess Towers
Building Owner: Laila Hamilton
Intended Usage: Residential

Thanks for the tag, but no thank you on this rp.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mundane Monster
Thanks, but I don't think this is for me either. I hope it goes well!

• Bucket of Rainbows
I love you. I love your pun-y business names. And I love this concept. Count me in!

And now...To tag a million people.
@Felilla @~Happily.Ever.After~ @~Dark Disney~ @Justin @Luster @Akashi @CrystalTears @Lulunopia @Spectre of the Fade @Lillian Gray @Shayla @Dante @QUEENIE @Misguided†Ghost @HaydenLavisky @Nahele @Unbound @HellHoundWoof
Hope you guys like the concept and join (and make me some money) but don't feel obligated to give your poor Munny some money >_>
Ummm who are you?

bTRV60g.png

Name: Noemi Whittaker
Birthday: July 12th
Appearance: Noemi is a curvy woman with flawless tawny brown skin, shiny black hair that frames her form. Her eyes are almond shape and almost cat like. Noemi adores make up and it's rare to see her without at least eyeliner and lipstick. For attire, she dances all over the color wheel and she's probably worn nearly every color. She's a blouse and skirt kind of gal, though she will wear a fine pantsuit once in awhile, as well as a few dresses.
Personality: Noemi is a strong willed woman who will always work for what she wants. She can be frustratingly stubborn but admired because she always stands her ground. She is quite empathetic, a trait that her family sneers at, but she believes keeps her in touch with humanity. She is charitable, if that wasn't obvious from what she has done with her family's business.

She can be quite the talker and if you get a few drinks in her, you'll witness her get very giggly. Similarly, when she gets upset, she can get quite huffy, in all sense of the word. She'll huff and puff and grumble and mutter, but self regulation is one of her prime skills, so she rarely explodes or goes off on people. Although if you push her enough, she will snap at you.
Other notes:

• Safe Haven used to be named DuPont Tower and was a luxury hotel and spa that served only those who had money to afford the lavish amenities. However, Noemi has turned it into a low rent housing area for homeless people who earn their keep by being employed in the many businesses the tower holds.
  • FC: Anita Marshall
Residence: Safe Haven
Workplace: Safe Haven
Who invited/recruited you: Myself! (or I guess you, technically since you made the banner?)

SWweL7a.png
Building Owner: Noemi Whittaker
Intended Usage: Residential and Commercial (Basically shelter for homeless but also providing them jobs in the stores)

• Love
Reactions: PrincessLala95
Name: Noemi Whittaker
Birthday: July 12th
Appearance: Noemi is a curvy woman with flawless tawny brown skin, shiny black hair that frames her form. Her eyes are almond shape and almost cat like. Noemi adores make up and it's rare to see her without at least eyeliner and lipstick. For attire, she dances all over the color wheel and she's probably worn nearly every color. She's a blouse and skirt kind of gal, though she will wear a fine pantsuit once in awhile, as well as a few dresses.
Personality: Noemi is a strong willed woman who will always work for what she wants. She can be frustratingly stubborn but admired because she always stands her ground. She is quite empathetic, a trait that her family sneers at, but she believes keeps her in touch with humanity. She is charitable, if that wasn't obvious from what she has done with her family's business.

She can be quite the talker and if you get a few drinks in her, you'll witness her get very giggly. Similarly, when she gets upset, she can get quite huffy, in all sense of the word. She'll huff and puff and grumble and mutter, but self regulation is one of her prime skills, so she rarely explodes or goes off on people. Although if you push her enough, she will snap at you.
Other notes:

• Safe Haven used to be named DuPont Tower and was a luxury hotel and spa that served only those who had money to afford the lavish amenities. However, Noemi has turned it into a low rent housing area for homeless people who earn their keep by being employed in the many businesses the tower holds.
  • FC: Anita Marshall
Residence: Safe Haven
Workplace: Safe Haven
Who invited/recruited you: Myself! (or I guess you, technically since you made the banner?)

Building Owner: Noemi Whittaker
Intended Usage: Residential and Commercial (Basically shelter for homeless but also providing them jobs in the stores)

This looks fantastic! I'm glad to see that there's interest, I wasn't sure whether anyone would want to join or not. Make sure to watch the thread so you know when I announce a start date. It will most likely be at the beginning of December. I'll also be posting an IC thread once the RP starts, along with a link to it here.

• Love
Not my cup of tea but , best of luck to all on this RP and enjoy yourselves.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I apologize but this isn't something I'm interested in at the moment, but thank you for the tag.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Building Name: Gable Tower
Building Owner: Jackson Corvin
Intended Usage: Commercial
Floor 1: Lobby/Jackson's Apartment
Floor 2: Restaurant - "Tilly's Tavern"
Tilly's Tavern is a warm environment, with a sprawling bar as well as several comfortable booths and dining tables. It's food is good, reminiscent of home cooked meals without the hassle. There is a private dining room for more formal occasions, though it's primarily used to house staff meetings.

36FA805D-A4A0-4759-8DDC-206F38C1BBDD.jpeg

Name: Jackson Corvin
Birthday: July 2nd

Appearance:
Jackson always carries himself in a dignified manner. His attire consists of business suits, well polished dress shoes, and obsessively cleaned glasses. His build appears to be somewhat lanky, his tall height (6'3") not exactly matching with his musculature. He has somewhat long dirty blonde hair, styled out of his face. His eyes are a sharp brown color and typically lack any sort of warmth. His skin is pale, making the few freckles that appear on his arms and the brigade of his nose stand out.

Personality:
Jackson is disinterested in most things, unless they relate to personal gain or future goals. He is highly intelligent and isn't afraid to show it, depending on the situation. He's manipulative and cunning above all else, with a tendency to hide his talents until using them will give him a significant gain. It is very difficult to tell whether or not he's showing you his genuine emotions, as he was taught to keep them under lock and key. He makes business partners, not friends.

Other notes: None.
Residence: Gable Tower
Workplace: Gable Tower
Who invited/recruited you: None.

23C98D2D-2515-4E1E-A02A-EB6CF8F9759D.jpeg

Name: Annabeth "Tilly" Tilling
Birthday: July 29th

Appearance:
Tilly is a petite woman, though her size doesn't limit her physical capabilities. Standing at 5'3", she has all the temper she needs to get things done. Her black hair is cropped short, just long enough to fall in her eyes at the front, and kept even shorter along the sides. His eyes are a murky dark brown with the slightest tint of red in the right lighting. She prefers wearing tank tops and miniskirts, usually with beat up boots or sneakers. She keeps a hoodie tied around her waist just in case she gets cold. Her ears are pierced and her nails are coated in black, with a few red sparkles as well.

Personality:
Tilly is a firecracker who can hardly watch her mouth. She dislikes tedious tasks and loves hearing other people's stories. Of course, she doesn't discuss her background all that much. Her poker face is a sly smirk, and she takes great joy in pranking her employees. She always liked watching people's reactions. She's often regarded as one of the guys due to her laid back attitude and minimal romantic interest. She doesn't care about all the mushy stuff.

Other notes: Shares an apartment with Leone.
Residence: Princess Towers, 5th Floor
Workplace: Tilly's Tavern

4AA21315-0F78-4D4E-969F-A520C054AACE.jpeg

Name: Leone Kyvak
Birthday: November 30th

Appearance:
Leone isn't one for formal occasions, if that explains his general sense of style. His very dark brown hair is trimmed short, though a bit longer up top in case he ever has to dress nicely and style it. His eyes are a warm and gentle blue, and he gets dimples when he smiles. His outfits consist of collared shirts or flannels, with black pants or jeans, finished off by a pair of black steel toed sneakers. He has a piercing in one ear and a tattoo along his collarbone.

Personality:
Leone is a gentle soul. He likes to see people happy and makes it his personal mission to put a smile on his customer's faces. Of course, this doesn't mean that he's nice to everyone. If someone rubs him the wrong way, he will retaliate with a swift vengeance. He hears a lot from the patrons who step up to his bar, and knows all the gossip going around in the city. He never forgets what he hears, and he knows how useful information can be. It's best to remain in his good graces.

Other notes: Shares an apartment with Tilly.

Last edited:
  • Love
@PrincessLala95
Hope there is still space left cause this looks super interesting. Can I start on a character? :D
Yes absolutely, there's plenty of room!

Building Name: Gable Tower
Building Owner: Jackson Corvin
Intended Usage: Commercial
Floor 1: Lobby/Jackson's Apartment
Floor 2: Restaurant - "Tilly's Tavern"
Tilly's Tavern is a warm environment, with a sprawling bar as well as several comfortable booths and dining tables. It's food is good, reminiscent of home cooked meals without the hassle. There is a private dining room for more formal occasions, though it's primarily used to house staff meetings.

Name: Jackson Corvin
Birthday: July 2nd

Appearance:
Jackson always carries himself in a dignified manner. His attire consists of business suits, well polished dress shoes, and obsessively cleaned glasses. His build appears to be somewhat lanky, his tall height not exactly matching with his musculature. He has somewhat long dirty blonde hair, styled out of his face. His eyes are a sharp brown color and typically lack any sort of warmth. His skin is pale, making the few freckles that appear on his arms and the brigade of his nose stand out.

Personality:
Jackson is disinterested in most things, unless they relate to personal gain or future goals. He is highly intelligent and isn't afraid to show it, depending on the situation. He's manipulative and cunning above all else, with a tendency to hide his talents until using them will give him a significant gain. It is very difficult to tell whether or not he's showing you his genuine emotions, as he was taught to keep them under lock and key
Other notes:

Residence: Gable Tower
Workplace: Gable Tower

Name: Annabeth "Tilly" Tilling
Birthday: July 29th

Appearance:
Tilly is a petite woman, though her size doesn't limit her physical capabilities. Standing at 5'3", she has all the temper she needs to get things done. Her black hair is cropped short, just long enough to fall in her eyes at the front, and kept even shorter along the sides. His eyes are a murky dark brown with the slightest tint of red in the right lighting. She prefers wearing tank tops and miniskirts, usually with beat up boots or sneakers. She keeps a hoodie tied around her waist just in case she gets cold. Her ears are pierced and her nails are coated in black, with a few red sparkles as well.

Personality:
Tilly is a firecracker who can hardly watch her mouth. She dislikes tedious tasks and loves hearing other people's stories. Of course, she doesn't discuss her background all that much. Her poker face is a sly smirk, and she takes great joy in pranking her employees. She always liked watching people's reactions.

Other notes: None.

Name: Leone Kyvak
Birthday: November 30th

Appearance: Please describe your character's appearance; you may include a picture in addition to the description if you wish

Personality:

Other notes:

(Still very WIP.)
I've updated the character and building listings with your information. Please let me knew if you add/change anything, and review to make sure that I've added everything correctly. I'm often known to make mistakes, lol.

They're all finished.

Name: Jung Byul-ji
Birthday: 4th of January
Appearance:
991ec5308d42cea29a093e7a27f6423f0d819c96_hq.gif

Byul-ji is a woman standing at 1.63 meters and weighing 45 kilograms. (5'3 and 99 pounds). She has long hair going till over her shoulders with a switching colour as she likes to paint it. (So one day it's blue, the others it's blonde or brunette etc.). She has green eyes.
Personality: Byul-ji is often a cheerful and outgoing woman and will let her friends and visitors know that when she is talking with them. She also has a very caring and rather motherly side to her when it comes to her friends as she tries to be as responsible as a person as one can be. However she has a more grumpy side to her which shows if she gets annoyed with others or when she just didn't get enough sleep.
Other notes: Will always be ready to help whenever needed.
Residence: Her appartment in the Moon High Tower
Workplace: Moon High Tower
Who invited/recruited you: No one.

Building Name: Moon High Tower
Building Owner: Jung Byul-ji
Intended Usage: Commercial/Entertainment
Floor 1: Lobby/Byul-ji's appartment
Floor 2: Bar 'No Gravity'.
No Gravity is a bar where anyone can come from 4 PM to 2 AM to relax and let their worries go. Complemented with live music and some of the best drinks it makes a great place for any hard working citizen. Of course people can also order meals mainly consisting of Eastern cuisine. Of course people can also sign themselves up to sing themselves if they wish so.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Name: Jung Byul-ji
Birthday: 4th of January
Appearance:
Byul-ji is a woman standing at 1.63 meters and weighing 45 kilograms. (5'3 and 99 pounds). She has long hair going till over her shoulders with a switching colour as she likes to paint it. (So one day it's blue, the others it's blonde or brunette etc.). She has green eyes.
Personality: Byul-ji is often a cheerful and outgoing woman and will let her friends and visitors know that when she is talking with them. She also has a very caring and rather motherly side to her when it comes to her friends as she tries to be as responsible as a person as one can be. However she has a more grumpy side to her which shows if she gets annoyed with others or when she just didn't get enough sleep.
Other notes: Will always be ready to help whenever needed.
Residence: Princess Towers 3rd Floor
Workplace: Bar 'No Gravity'
Who invited/recruited you: No one.

Building Name: Moon High Tower
Building Owner: Jung Byul-ji
Intended Usage: Commercial/Entertainment
Floor 1: Lobby
Floor 2: Bar 'No Gravity'.
No Gravity is a bar where anyone can come from 4 PM to 2 AM to relax and let their worries go. Complemented with live music and some of the best drinks it makes a great place for any hard working citizen. Of course people can also order meals mainly consisting of Eastern cuisine. Of course people can also sign themselves up to sing themselves if they wish so.
Hey, it's mostly good but there's one minor detail - your building owner has to live in the building, and their occupation must be building owner. Set your Residence to Moon High Tower, your Occupation to Building Owner, and your Workplace to Moon High Tower and you'll be all set ^_^