[Open and Accepting!]IRON SHOGUN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp added one. Time to see if I can play it out properly.

Kokan will have a Dragon sleeve that goes up to his shoulder, and some down his back :o

I'm thinking Yokai-born Fox clan, but I know Choi will give me the o_o face. I'll start drafting a CS and see where it takes me.

:D?

Also. I am drafting up the IC just So i have it up when I get all the fancy cs's from people. :D

I was on tge verge of forgetting this.

Still around. Just been pelted with homework, increased gym time, Witcher 2 and some procrastination.

Will be getting something within a couple of days

Exellent. The IC should go up sometime next week

Like the looks of this a lot.

What are explosives like in the islands? Do hand grenades exist? How about simple rockets?

Not rockets. Simple grenades? Maybe. They'd be either "Chi" ones. Aka the ones using lotus oil. Or gunpowder ones. They'd be very simple though.

Reactions: Jade
When I say rockets, I mean really simple ones like these.

Oh. Those would belong to the Zei then. Aquiring gunpowder from the Western Alliance.

• Love
Reactions: Jade
First. Hah- That name. I see what you did there. Second, real talk, No.

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
asian_face_by_leejun35-d8m6ccn.jpg

[fieldbox=Keiko, #354878][dash=#71b0af]Name: Keiko Hanae
Archetype: Islander
Clan: Crane

Biography: The Hanae branch of the Crane clan are well known for producing the best Artificer's of the Golden Isle's time. With only a few heads of this family left, the work made by the Hanae is considered rare, not to mention expensive. Owning anything made by the Hanae, armor or weapons, was a symbol of wealth and a status; thus giving them the reputation they hold today. One of the Hanae heads was blessed with three older sons and one daughter.

Keiko is believed to be the only daughter of this hardworking family, but she learned that this was not always so. From what she heard from the servants, she was the youngest of twins; her older sister was born a Yokai-kin and before anyone found out, the baby was brought to the Dragon clan. Keiko grew up not knowing her sister; whether she was still alive or not, but she could feel her sister, faintly. In the area they live in, there were a few Yokai in the area, but they were protected by the samurai who resided in their village, but even they could not stop all the Yokai from entering the village.

Keiko began seeing Yokai in town, especially whenever she went out with her brothers, often clinging to her oldest brother, who would bring everyone back home immediately. Every time Keiko left home, the Yokai would enter the town and cause a bit of panic. When she turned 6, however, the Yokai began appearing on their property and any that made it into the house, always, went after the little girl.

Her father thought she might have been Yokai kin, but after being checked by the family doctor, multiple times, they found no signs she was Yokai kin. Unsure of what was going on, or what was ailing his daughter, her father sent the young girl to be raised in the temple of Yoko. As she grew up, learning everything her caretakers could teach her, she learned that the Yokai could sense her weakness and thought her an easy target. The priestess's of the temple taught her to defend herself and she grew in skill as well as rank. Keiko wielded her clans weapon, the Tessen, with grace.

When Keiko turned 18, she returned home, and explained to her father, with the head priestess's help, her ailment. After numerous visits, her father finally understood. The next few years were spent split, sometimes with her father learning, her families craft, and sometimes with the priestesses of the temple. It was a busy yet wonderful life, being with her family and with her sisters of faith, but her happiness was dimmed when the Head Priestess became ill and she was appointed as the woman's replacement until she recovered[Being her apprentice].Keiko had to return to the temple; uphold her promise to the goddess Yoko.

Before she left, her father gave her a piece of 'armor' [it was more like body jewelry then armor]. Intricately made gold wings that would be attached to her body with the help of leather straps. The wing's were a status; they meant she was apart of the Hanae family and it was a gift Keiko loved dearly.

Keiko spends most of her days at the temple or visiting the sick to help where ever she could but she still found time to return home to see her family and would abide by her fathers summons, wearing her wings. Just as she has her wings as ties to her family, she has her ties to the Crane Clan. Her right arm and the right side of her back, marked expertly, to show her ties to her clan.

Equipment:
  • Red lens'ed goggles with removable lenses she attaches when she Tinkers. Without removable lenses, With lenses
  • Breather
  • Tessen
  • Crane Wings: These wings were made by her father for her to wear whenever she is with the family. They are her status symbol. She modified the lower two metal feathers to be able to detach and act as an emergency weapon [Sharp enough to hurt but not as sharp as a dagger or her Tessen]

Traits:

General~
  • Noble Birth: You were born within the higher classes of society, be in within the Dynasty elite, one of the Clans branch families or within your nations lower nobles. You know how to carry yourself within the higher echelons of society, able to converse and socialize with those who posses money and power.
  • Miko: A priestess of your god (Yoko), you have been raised by the shrine you serve. Your duties are much like that of a shaman, to bestow luck upon those that the god favors, to cleanse places of evil spirits and to maintain your gods will.
  • Perceptive: You can easier spot changes in body language and shift in voice. You notice the little things, the way they change posture when they think nobody is paying attention. But you always pay attention.
  • Specialized Training (Tessen): You spent your time honing your skills with a weapon of your choice.
Custom~
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none: You enjoy many hobbies, of varying types and difficulty, but you are from being a master of any of these hobbies. They're there to sate your boredom and to pass time. You enjoy them all but have few favorites.
  • Tinker: Although you are not an artificer, you are oddly good at fixing mechanical items. Your methods are crude but they work in the end. This saves you money as well as taking up time and sating your boredom.

Disadvantages:
  • Brittle Spirit; You were never meant for the spiritual, and the Yokai find you a exceptionally easy target.
  • Phobia; Demonophobia [She's terrified of evil Yokai (The only kind she has ever met)]

Sign here to surrender your life to the GM's whims: *Signs* Lawkheart[/dash][/fieldbox]

Let me know if I have to change anything that doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.