[Open and Accepting!]IRON SHOGUN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking if I could have a cap-lock front loading revolver. It isn't a cartridge pistol, each cylinder has to be loaded with powder and cap one by one and there is a lead ball but it allows for some gunslinger action.

But if that isn't around I get that and I'll respect it. But I'll still attempt to get away with as much as possible XD

Looking it up, I'll allow it. It's very limited for battle purposes, I can see if being a something a officer from the Alliance would have.

YAY *Shoots the gun below into the air like a hillbilly*
TRWC.jpg

Reactions: Jade
Might I still be able to join this?

@WitchChild Its a bit to advanced gun wise yes.

@The Silver Philosopher As long as you can guarante you stick with it. The track record of new members joining my RP's is pretty poor all things considered. Otherwise, yes. it is still open.

2utru6a.jpg

Name:
Iseri Asakura

Archetype:
Islander
"I am a warrior. Using your eyes against you my weapon is my beauty, and your temptations."

Biography:
Iseri was raised in the Tanchozuru clan, her parents were great merchants. Growing up she learn trade, and took up the art of dance and martial arts. She was always alone, probably due to her personality, which was far from graceful. She was a black sheep among the cranes. As time went on she realized this and decided that in order to make life easier she would have to change. She acted completely different the next day, rather than staying away from everyone she approached them and put on a mask of innocence, grace, magnetism and confidence. She started making friends that day, being accepted. Her acting was a little bad but with years of practice she got better and better, until she could change her personality instantly and dramatically. It actually began to worry people, making them wonder what she was really like behind that mask.

The Asakura family were respectful of the temple of Yoko, and so every other week Iseri's mother would donate food and supplies to the temple. When Iseri was 4 her mother took her to he temple and there she met Keiko Hanae. The two became friends and so Iseri would always accompany her mother to the temple when she delivered the goods. At the age of 8 she's walk to the temple on her own more often so she could see her only real best friend.

At 16 she grew bored of her home and decided to leave, with regret only to leaving behind her best friend and parents. She stowed away on a merchant's ship and hid there as it set to sea. She stayed hidden for a while until the ship was attacked by some Zai pirates. When they found the stow away they captured her. She managed to talk her way out of their ship's dungeon and they took her in. With them she could be herself and they enjoyed her company, she fit right in.

She stayed on the sea with the pirates for 5 years, learning their ways and becoming quite popular in the criminal world. She knew the many trade routes from her parents, and took advantage of this knowledge to help her new family. She made a name for herself ransacking trader ships from both the isles and from Zai.

She returned to the isle and for the past 2 years lived by gambling, cheating, stealing, and evading guards. She doesn't have a set home, just goes from town to town renting rooms and hanging out in the local Izakaya (tavern).

Equipment:
2 iron fans
1 fan
A pouch full of colorful herbal pastes (used for makeup)
Brush
Small mirror
Clothing
Accessories
Bandages
10 ryo, 4 bu, 2,587 mon
Lock picks

"Everyone has their story... Unfortunately for you you'll never know mine."
Traits:
Athletic: You are naturally athletic, less prone to overexertion and you are capable of feats most humans have a hard time keeping up with.

Deft Hands: you are a talented pickpocket and lock pick... Among other things.

Fleet of foot: You are naturally adept at being sneaky and move quickly but silently.

Merchant Ties: You know people, people who trade, who know the sea and air routes and can get you things nobody else has.

Martial Artist: You have practiced in a dojo, or by yourself with a master of your own. You have learned to fight with or without a weapon, often to compensate for not having the sword training of a noble youth. Martial arts is a way of life for you, it has lent you both strength and peace of mind.

Perceptive: You can easier spot changes in body language and shift in voice. You notice the little things, the way they change posture when they think nobody is paying attention. But you always pay attention.

Persona alteration: You are able to change your personality at the snap of a finger, you know how to change the way you look through make up, and clothing, and you can even slightly change your voice.

Manipulative: You have a way with words, being able to twist them in a way to get what you want. You do extremely well influencing the behavior and/or emotions of others for your own purposes.
"Try not to bore me too much, okay?"

Disadvantages:
Criminal Reputation: Due to the many crimes you've committed in your past, you are well known in the lands. Keeping a low profile would be best.

Phobia (Heights): You will often correct one saying your fear is falling, not of heights, which is half way correct. Looking down to see the earth so far away makes you freeze in your tracks. Even with great determination the most you are able to move while in the air is very little.

Materialistic: You enjoy material possessions and often indulge yourself in temptations such as alcohol, pleasure, and gold. Your body is counted among the materials category, you like to stay healthy and can be a bit obsessive about it.

Nimble: You are more focused in speed and flexibility rather that strength, so you may be over powered by brutes, but your acrobatics and swiftness evens the playing field.

Tattoos:
Back tattoo-
Right shoulder tattoo-

5203no.jpg

"I do not fear battle, it brings a little excitement in life,
don't you think?"

Sign here to surrender your life to the GM's whims:
Sinopa

Last edited:
Just got a new pc so I am gonna get comfortable with it before I continue.

But good to know about the LeMat

-Pokes with a stick-

I'll try and work on a character tomorrow or Monday, currently ill and have no ideas as to what to do for a character >.<

I thought you had to many o.o

If you want some help to brainstorm, say the word

It...was a bokken, I call them sticks D:

A lot of possible ideas, none I like enough to go with.

Oh no, I didn't even know this type of genre-blending was a weakness of mine. Oh no, my weaknesses all in one RP. I have to join now.

So yeah, tell me how much I've butchered things.

Name; Chiori, Jin
Age; 22
Archetype; Yokai-born

Biography: Born to the clan, Jin grew up surrounded by a tight knit family and community. He was Spirit-touched, yet the result of the connection was one that was harder to discern and he slipped under the radar. The frequent Yokai were attributed to the supposed "pair" and he was left to grow up a relatively normal and unprivileged life, at least when compared to the two.

Not that Jin minded not being a "special" child and in fact it probably turned out for the best that he wasn't given a pedestal to sit on given his nature. Flighty and prone to following his own desires, it quickly became apparent that he was not a child to be cooped up in the home. He grew restless, even agitated, if a routine ever set in and constantly sought out the new and untried. It was around this time that a less desirable urge became known to him, and perhaps due to his efforts to ignore it it became all the more powerful.

It didn't take long for Jin to exhaust the many avenues that could be learnt from the community. Some he stuck with longer than others, but eventually there was only so much to do within the clan. Compounding that was his ever-growing stash of shame. He sought to leave when he was barely old enough to be considered an adult, and just shortly after it had become suspected that he was Spirit-born. Nonetheless he was able to leave easily enough with a few gifts for his travels and the hopes that he would come back safe and sound.

He's likely spent months, if not years, solely on the move now. From one end of the Kingdom to the other, but not every place in between as many don't look kindly upon one like him. Gambling, living, and learning through his travels, he occasionally returns to his home to reassure them of his continued wellness, but rarely stays for too long. He's learned to deal with his urges somewhat and though they still become irresistible when he stays in town at times, they die down and lay still when he sleeps under the stars.

Equipment;
  • Hankyu with 12 arrows. Carried unstrung.
  • Tanto
  • Clothing.
  • Black cloak for the road. Generally stored away when close to civilization.
  • Proof of Fox Clan membership. Stamped medallion?
  • Travel Sack: Exterior is wool for waterproofing, but interior has a burlap lining for durability. A drawstring at the top holds it all closed.
    • Money Case: Screw pouches, Jin has class. Or at least the person he won this piece off did. Holds 2/10 ryo and 5/30 bu at the moment. Also has space for two dice which are filled.
    • Survival stuff. Fire starting equipment, a knife for utility, some pouches to store food, a metal bowl to cook in and eat out of, a blanket to stay dry or keep warm.
    • Spare sets of clothing.
    • Trinkets and other pilfered objects.
Traits;
  1. Manifestation (Luck of the Fox): You have an unnatural amount of luck, favoring you in battle as well as gambling. The higher the stakes, the better.
  2. Hunter; You have spent most your time out in the woods, away from people. You know the forests, the tracks animal makes and how to survive in the wild.
  3. Perceptive: You can easily spot changes in body language and shift in voice. You notice the little things, the way they change posture when they think nobody is paying attention. But you always pay attention.
  4. Deft Hands: You are a talented pickpocket and lock pick... among other things.
  5. Specialized Training (Kusarigama); You spent your time honing your skills with a weapon of your choice.
  6. Traceur: You move from point A to B with one's body in the most expedient of manners regardless of the terrain or obstacles in your way.
Disadvantages;
  1. Yokai Magnet: The presence of a Yokai-born attracts Yokai, needless to say, that's pretty bad.
  2. Kleptomaniac: You are compelled to steal things that catch your eye and the urge is not easily resisted.
Sign here to surrender your life to the GM's whims: Yada, yada, he's at your whim.

Last edited:
oh shit I forgot a superimportant thing about clans. Most if not all members of a clan have atleast one tattoo showing their aleigence. Generally something like a halfsleave down their arm if they aren't very rich. Entire sleaves upper body for richer folk. Its also a way to show off wealth.

@Zombehs
You still need another weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.