Opal Moon and Silver Fur (catalyst and Diana)

Being joined by several other villagers was all the encouragement Oralia needed in her now slightly tipsy delight of tavern dancing. She gladly accepted the arms and hands of other dancers, giving loud bouts of laughter during hops and twirling turns. Breathless and flushed in the face, it was a rare moment where all of the darkness and heavy weight of the kingdom was nowhere to be seen behind the eyes. Only the joy of the moment.

Dyami wasn't going to get away with being a wallflower however, as the princess was quick to bounce over and grab one of his hands for an energetic tug.

"Do not be a boring wolf, you must dance with me!"

Distracted by some folks who were always adamant about not letting Dyami be, Ori's pull was enough to make him take a step away to regain his balance. It was a pleasant surprise, though, considering he just wanted to get away from the three chatterboxes. Ori was just one chatterbox and that was about all he could handle.

But, she did want him to dance.

"And why can't I be a boring wolf? You have plenty of other exciting werewolves to dance with." He gestured towards the dancing group.

"Oh, Dyami, just go on and dance with the lady!" Voices from the background clapped encouragingly in unison. There it was: peer pressure. It normally never phased him, but the cheering plus Ori staring up at him with excited puppy dog eyes was a combination he didn't expect to affect him so much.

Just as he was about to say something, another man stepped in. 'I'll dance with ya," he said to Ori. Tall and easygoing, he flashed Dyami a friendly smile and nod - to which Dyami returned - before looking back at Ori with warm brown eyes. "My name's Adohi."

Oralia stopped her joyful bouncing to offer this new stranger a wide smile in way of greeting, opening her mouth as if she were about to spout one very long winded introduction, but seemed to catch herself quickly.

"I am Ori. It is a pleasure to meet you, Adohi... and to dance with you!"

She took the stranger's hand without even a second thought about it, casting Dyami himself a pleased sort of grin that promised that she wouldn't forget she'd intended to have him dancing too. She'd be back!

There was a moment of relief when Ori indulged Adohi's offer. He was a social person - charming and a decent man. Dyami had no qualms with him, but he was a little wary about intentions when it came to a beautiful woman.

In any case, he was grateful Adohi was charming enough to keep Ori busy for a third song. It gave Dyami time to think of an excuse to leave. What better than simply wanting to? "Alright, Tasha, thanks for the hospitality as always," he said as he set his cup down.

"Headed out already? She's barely danced out the one mug of beer." Tasha and Dyami both chuckled.

"It's been a long day." Eyes practically glued to the dancing pair for the past minute, he finally caught Tasha's eye. She smiled slyly at him before leaving to buss a table. What that was about, he couldn't say, but he was now free to leave. As he headed for the dancefloor, he saw Ori's smile widened. Whether it was meant for him or no, he was sure he broke her tiny little heart as he held up his hand. "Not here to dance," he clarified. "You okay with headin' out? I'd like to leave."

"You won't dance at all?" she asked, now breathless and flushed to the face. Eyes almost sparkling with merriment, as if at least for this brief moment she'd completely forgotten all of the tragedy that followed her. In this moment she curiously examined Dyami before glancing at her current dancing partner... debating if she could risk staying and dancing until she couldn't feel her toes anymore, or if it were wiser to leave it for now.

...there was no reason they couldn't come back another night, she decided.

"Hmn! Thank you, Adohi for the dancing! I must bid you good evening," she declared easily, almost even curtsying before catching herself and giving a small wave instead. Then she was turning to Dyami with a wide teasing smile.

"All right then, if you need so much for an early sleep, let us go home!"

When Ori looked at him, face flushed with the joy that came from losing oneself in dance, Dyami immediately regretted his decision to leave. Who was he to rip away the first night of merriment she has had in... who knew how long?

He'd just have to make it up to her with the promise of there being many more nights out.

Adohi gave a small bow and happy smile. "My pleasure. If you ever need a dancing partner in the future, you know where to find me."

On the pair's walk home, Dyami glanced over to her after a few bouts of silence. "You enjoyed yourself?"

"It is nice to feel somthing again," Oralia admitted with a surprising amount of honesty. "To hear and watch people laughing and just be in the moment."

In the woods on her own, she'd grown so used to the silence of the trees and the chatterings of the woodland animals. Peaceful when she wasn't chased by wild hogs, but it was a lonely place and she'd forgotten just how much she prefered to be around people. Even if it was just for an evening out for a new experience she'd never have had otherwise.

In their walking Oralia grabbed his hand between both of hers, swinging it gently as she beamed a smile up at him.

"You should have dance. But I am gratefull you took me." she confessed. "This village is a very special and peaceful place."

Dyami glanced down at their hands and almost scoffed at how even both of Ori's hands barely covered one of his. "Not much of a dancer," he reminded her gently. "You like Linvharis, huh? Finding us wolves better company than the boars so far?" On a more serious note, he added, "Seems like you don't have trouble making friends, at least." Which, he knew wouldn't be an issue. Her learning to be discreet and blend in with the lot of them that would be the challenge.