OOC- When Booty Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Digi-Guy

Original poster
Hello scallywags! Come in! Feel free to bring in your BAY if you like. I won't HARBOR any resentment. I hope to aMAST a good size crew. I just want to PLANK you all for coming.

All right thats enough of that. I'm sure you ARGH growing tired of it.

Anywho, this RP is a silly pirate RP. So if you want to be a ridiculous pirate then this place is for you. Go ahead and post a character! Below yo will find a list of ranks on the ship that are available.

***Note, this is not the place for over the top sexual humor, no whoring around. Also, any sort of gratuitous amounts of horrid violence is not acceptable either. The goal is to be funny not horrific :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the boat should be called "The Double Zero", and we should be the fearsome Cap'n Dick Dastardly, and his dog Muttley.

...Wait. No, ignore me.

I think we should have a really daft name for the boat, and the crew. Something like "The Whistling Walrus" for our ship, and we would be known far and wide as the dreaded "Walrus Pirates", perhaps even serving under a Captain with a huge Walrus-like moustache. It need not be walruses for a theme though; that was just an example of something really over-the-top and stupid. The kind of concept that could never be taken seriously by anyone.

Yeah. I like that. Maybe our captain is actually completely useless? Hahaha!

The Sea Cucumber? We are the dread Veggi Pirates? Nah....to healthy....Baloogas? Narwhales?

With all due respect, I think it's a given that in this sort of roleplay, the captain has to be utterly useless, and that's why we have a world-weary second-in-command that does all the real work instead.

I like "The Sea Cucumber" though. Not sure about Vegi-Pirates, but it could work.

What about "The Sea Slug"? Sailing under the orders of Captain Sluggy O'Toole?

Reactions: Digi-Guy
How about the Bloated Carcass Under Captian Tubbitus? They call us the Skeleton Crew? Because there's so few of us?

Jeeze obviously you need the insight of a female here....
-Crickets could be heard in the background-
I got nothing "appropriately" goofy.

Though I would like to bring something up; is this RP just between us or is it for everyone who is interested because the Sign-Ups is....well vague and not very helpful. Especially if someone has not seen the interest check.You even have ranks in the skeleton but available ranks are not listed anywhere.

Though I would like to bring something up; is this RP just between us or is it for everyone who is interested because the Sign-Ups is....well vague and not very helpful. Especially if someone has not seen the interest check.You even have ranks in the skeleton but available ranks are not listed anywhere.
No-one chooses to become a pirate. The lifestyle of piracy chooses its people!

...Yeah, it's open to everyone. There's only three of us so far, and I think a good group would be six to eight people, myself.

I like small groups, but for what we are aiming for, that sounds like a good number.

And you are right, the signups was done poorly. I will work on that tonight. Hopefully.

Yes! (And your pokecolonie one)

Cool! So I don't know what you mean by pokecolonie..........maybe you got me confused with some other bloke?

So I decided that I am just going to get the ball rolling here.

Here is a list of positions and that are taken and available.

Captain- Captain Lawdfrey
Quarter Master- Hooks
Sailing Master- open
First mate- Open
Mate/abs - Open
Espionage Master- open
Doctor- open
Musician- open
Master Guner- open
Cabin boy/powder monkey- Open
Swabbie- Mr. Sticky

I based them off of this site
http://www.thepirateking.com/historical/ship_roles.htm

Make your character and request your rank. Post it all here. Once we get characters posted we will start the RP. Let's get to sail'n!

Name- Hooks

Gender- Male

Rank- Quarter master

Personality- Hooks is very sarcastic. He practically all but runs the ship. The captain is useless, but for some reason hooks can never seem to kill him. The captain owns the deed to the boat, and won't give it to anyone. The only thing the captain can really do is throw a party. Hooks loves the pirate life and has no second thoughts about it. He loves his crew almost as much as he loves treasure. Someday he hopes to own a whole fleet of pirate ships. He is called Hooks for his weapons. He dual wields big meat hooks. He uses them for fighting, climbing, and for scratching those hard to reach places.

Bio- He was abducted from his home at the ripe age of 4. He has spent his entire life on pirate ships. He has done everything from powder monkey, all the way up to quarter master. Not much else to tell really.For all intent and purposes, Hooks is the captain of the ship. He makes the calls and barks out commands. He just doesn't legally own the ship by pirate law. Which Hooks thinks is stupid since pirates break laws. So what the heck is a pirate law anyways? Oh, and he has only ever loved one woman, but he doesn't like to talk about her.

Yeeeah I did. Sorry my mind is all over the place. :(
But I would like to reserve Doctor or Musicians , I'll make a CS tomorrow morning.

Name- Serkan

Gender- Male

Rank- First Mate

Personality- Though extremely hot-tempered by nature, Serkan does his best to be stern, smooth, and most importantly, sober. With the captain always getting drunk as all heck, and with the quartermaster preoccupied with fitting the captain for a coffin, Serkan has his hands full just trying to Keep. Everybody. Sane. But of course, the first mate also has to examine the riggings, observe and report on the conditions of the ship, repair the anchors and cables, manage the sails, keep the nutjobs out of the beer and gunpowder barrels…more often than not, Serkan will completely lose it. He dreams of the day that he can finally break free of this madness. But he can't just abandon ship. Someone needs to check the food and ammunition stock. There has to be at least one person who can stay and keep watch when moored. And who's going to remind everybody not to gamble away the ship's repair funds?

Bio- Even if he'll say the randomest things when he's pissed off, Sekan never mentions anything about his life, prior to being the ship's First Mate. But his silence doesn't keep the rumors from flying. Did he serve in the Naval Forces before turning to a life of piracy? Was he part of a rival crew that was defeated by the captain? Perhaps he's searching for a long-lost sweet heart, and his past is a romantic story of two, star-crossed lovers aboard a sinking ship, as "My Heart Will Go On" plays in the background…Sorry, wrong story. Whatever his story is, everybody can agree on one thing; his is a seaman's tale.

Looks good Trig! Just a reminder some one else can request first mate as well. Once We have gotten a few characters down I will let you all know who gets what! Be sure to have a second option in mind. Also just because some one is a musician or sailing master doesn't mean they can't fight!

Reactions: Trignome
@Digi-Guy
What happened to the Sign-Ups thread?

Name: Kale Alea (A-Lee-Ah)

Personality: Alea is a demanding woman for attention, fiery yet passionate but rather clueless of herself. During the day she aids on the ship deck soothing the souls of the mates with her hand made harp that may just perhaps be off key. At night she becomes a rowdy drunk who loves to twirl around and sing....But Alea doesn't realize no one else can hear her due to the fact she is plastered.

Bio: Alea's life is all but a mythical story or some would like to hope. She claims she was once a mermaid who was picked out of the sea by a giant bird and thrown onto land to die. Then one day a band of money bandits found her near death, whisking her away to their lair. Upon her arrival the bamboo shaman asked her one question; "Do you want to live?" Alea went into a deep sleep only to awaken as a human....Now she has been travelling by ship in various of groups only to be known as the "Mermaid's Silent Curse" Though of course all of that was just a random story put together by the current crew since she can't speak for herself.

((I tried to make it goofy to go with the RP. Hope this is completely okay!))

Last edited:
Reactions: Digi-Guy
Bumpkin, I deleted it because It was dumb! I like to keep things compact when starting an RP so starting signups here is easier for me. But I will create one soon. I will copy over your characters for you when I do. Unless you want to post it yourself.

**NEW**I will be playing the captain as well, though he will be a minor character. I also will be Playing Mr. Sticky, though anyone can use him. Lastly I have made some changes to Hooks. Minor ones at that.

Name- Lawdfrey

Gender- Male

Rank- Captain

Personality- To put it simply, Lawd is lazy sack of fat who loafs around all day. When fighting happens, he hides. When work is to be done, he sleeps. He has the uncanny ability to inadvertently avoid death on a consistent basis. But when it's party time, Lawdfrey knows how to throw it down.

Bio- He inherited the ship from his father. He was born into the wealth of his fathers success. He lazy and lethargic by nature. Every so often you may see him get very excited. Typically over food.

Name- Mr. Sticky

Gender- Male

Rank- Swabbie

Personality- Mr. Sticky is plum crazy. He says the most randomest things. Often he is unintelligible. All he can do is mop and stink. He has never showered, no not even once. He coats himself in a weird sticky substance that it probably a mixture of boogers, honey, and only God knows what else.

Bio- It's a mystery. But he may have live among Aborigines for a while....

It don't matter, I was just curious is all. :) Didn't know if you still planned on making one or everything was just going to stay here.

Hey guys, Goat opted out of the rp, so I will start it up tonight! Please feel free to invite your friends! Just know that at least a paragraph sized posting skill is expected.

For those who need info on the various locations on a ship, look at this!

ddb45d51556f88a55906c4cc8975813c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.