3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy of all kinds★★!! Here's a list: modern/urban, magic and swords, otherworldly/fish out of water, faeries and unicorns, sometimes dark, sometimes superhero-ish, sometimes mixed with sci-fi. The Boo Girlie's always down for weird, wild or whimsical! Yayuh!! :3 Oh! And Sky Pirates too~~!!
OOCactive.jpg

<~<>~>

K welcome to the RP from your GMs Boo and DaFie!!^^!!

RP is done! Thanks to err'body for being sooooooo awesomes~^^!!
<~<>~>

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: marcy
Nicely done. Just a few things to clarify.

-The spikes lining her jawbone, how big are they? Basically just checking she's not going to skewer her potential owner if startled or what have you.

-As part of the Rundown, we decided on not allowing poisonous animals. But upon a bit of research, a bearded dragon gets a pass. Naj is fine as long as the venom does not grow in potency in Sapient (human) form.

-Also being mute, does that affect her ability to 'speak' with other lizards as part of her emergent properties?

Okay and after some deliberation we decided to remove the Physicality: Animal nega- portion of the CS.

[roleplay=Remove this section]
Nega- (depending on years in BLOCC put 3-1 hindrances. Meaning if you are 1 year then 3 disadvantages, 2 years 2 disadvantages, 3 years, 1 disadvantage.)
[/roleplay]

Boo originally intended it to provide some humour, but in retrospect, it really doesn't make sense. So when doing up your CS please remove that section.[/hr]
- They're very small. Just like on the bearded dragon they're relatively small, and don't have the means to actually hurt anyone, it's to make them look less appealing and dangerous to predators

-Not to worry, I tried keeping her 'abilities' as close to a bearded dragon as possible, so that can't happen.

-Cool thing about bearded Dragons that I learned two days ago (lol), they do a lot of grunting and bobbing of their bodies to Communicate with each other, even waving! Which is why Naj uses her hands, and facial expressions a lot.

Okie dokie, i'll take that bit out

Hmm...Well I want him to be dark skinned, with medium length black hair. I’d love it if it had like bat ears or something, but I already know that would pretty much be near-impossible to find. I kinda want him to have an air of inncencr to him, I don’t know. Agh, I’m sorry, I’m terrible at descriptions. >.<
Ummmmm... Yeah it's pretty tough to find pics of dudes... Still gunna look though...^^

Noted and changed. I may add one to replace it later.

So does the new CS mean we have to fill out the larger CS once the small one is approved? Just got a little confused there, since I didn't see the larger one posted by Boo before now.

I have two 12-hour shifts the next two days so I won't be able to do the next CS until those are over.
Yeah it's like a 2 step process. Pre approval to gauge persona and make sure your charrie is suitable as a Pet.

DaFie is a better judge than me so she will be doing most of the footwork for selection process^^

- They're very small. Just like on the bearded dragon they're relatively small, and don't have the means to actually hurt anyone, it's to make them look less appealing and dangerous to predators

-Not to worry, I tried keeping her 'abilities' as close to a bearded dragon as possible, so that can't happen.

-Cool thing about bearded Dragons that I learned two days ago (lol), they do a lot of grunting and bobbing of their bodies to Communicate with each other, even waving! Which is why Naj uses her hands, and facial expressions a lot.

Okie dokie, i'll take that bit out
K so like that should be all goods then^^ But like yeah DaFie should be done her shift soon so like I'll bug her to get a response for err'body :]

This is DaFie.

@Lulunopia Fantastic. Your character is complete and up to snuff. The only thing I'd like you to consider is being a bit more opportunistic with your character's abilities, esp. in the the Trained Advantage. I know Boo is totally loving the whole dancing Disney animal aspect, and so do I, however, three types of dances seems a bit excessive. You could just put: Expert Dancer for one slot and figure out what else Bella could do as a talent. Take a look at YourEveryDayWildChild's sheet to see get ideas. Conversely you could leave as is, and no issues whatsoever, it's just the opportunistic DaFie sees potential for other Advantages.

Same goes with the Physical carry-over. Poor eyesight is totally fine, it's just, again, the opportunistic DaFie sees you placing something more advantageous should you choose.

But anyways. Congratulations!! Accepted. Please post Bella into the Character Index. There will be a bit more writing but think more about the others in your little group and how you guys would get along or not get along. Thank you.

@Youreverydaywildchild Fantastic job. Don't worry about the Photoshopping job. Description to alter pic will do but if you decide to Photoshop, that is fine too. Only thing we need from you is to define what exactly the 'Galavanting' Directive is. I get a sense of it through the Skill list, but I would like a definition. Other than that:

Congratulations!! Accepted. Please post Naj in the Character Index. There will be a bit more writing but think more about the others in your little group and how you guys would get along or not get along. Thank you.

@SoleStride Thank you for adjusting your character. Pre-approved and welcome. And yes, there is a two stage process AND then there is the bio to consider but that will be dealt with in time.

@jlew265

Yeah it's tough to find dark skin teen boy images as per your request. But maybe one of these:

images
175519bd4db872ded0a8a9324767b7bd--digital-portrait-digital-art-guy.jpg

dark_skin_study_by_asianfishy-d8tiu9u.jpg

9ee06a7caadd9bf26c21886154136ead--fantasy-karakterek-fantasy-creatures.jpg
1363e5f052201984e3685176967105d8.jpg
[/Hr][/hr][/hr]

Last edited:
This is Boo!!

k so like awesomes so far err'body, I think we can start getting into the bios as soon as half are submitted.

ALSO!! Please please please please like I know it's soooooo nitpicky but its something i want err'body to do:

Read over the op Rundown and Rules in the hider and then Rainbow the post as soon as you do read it. Like I seen most of you done so already, but I'd like it if err'body would do it please^^

~edz~Oh! And we are just gunna leave Jaycie on the side as a sample charrie until the final roster is settled. we'll toss muh girlie in there if need be k^^

Last edited:
Thank you for the input! I'll definitely be changing somethings around. Though the poor eyesight stems from the animal itself as ferrets do have poor eyesight. But anyho off to make changes!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Oh hey I forgot to follow this thread. Oops. I'm gonna start working on my CS today if possible.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Thank you for the input! I'll definitely be changing somethings around. Though the poor eyesight stems from the animal itself as ferrets do have poor eyesight. But anyho off to make changes!
Hey! You owe Boo a ''why yes I read the rules :rainbow: ! "

>:33

Oh hey I forgot to follow this thread. Oops. I'm gonna start working on my CS today if possible.
Awesomes^^

And do check out the Charrie Sheet thread for the updated sheet and sample charrie k ;D

• Love
Reactions: noodle
  • Bucket of Rainbows
664afe380801596ea924ccec726be8f3--character-ideas-character-inspiration.jpg

220px-House_Sparrow_%28Passer_domesticus%29-_Female_in_Kolkata_I_IMG_3787_%28cropped%29.jpg

Subject IDN: Subject AD-12623263

Nickname: Ada

Sex: F

Years in the BLOCC: 2

Animal Type: Sparrow

Trained Advantages:
Singing
Arial Obstacle Course Running

Directive: Entertainment
-When not entertaining, Ada has been trained to be a messenger. She brings notes, orders, and small objects around large properties.

Directive Skills:
- Message relay
- Singing voice
- Flight maneuverability
- Speed up to 28 MPH
- Good stamina
- Public performance

<~★~>
PHYSICALITY

-Physical Desc-

Animal: Ada is tiny in her animal form, only 14 cm in length and with a mass of 1.2 oz. Her feathers are a light tan, with the backs of her wings and head dotted with dark red and black. Her eyes are a dark red-brown, almost black.

Sapient: Ada is petite, only around 5' 4" and 120 lbs in human form. Her dark red hair is short but thick and fluffy, and once it grows out from being shaved, it will be naturally wavy. Red-brown freckles dot her nose and arms. She's slightly curvy, with most of her weight attributed to her muscular build. Her eyes are a muddy black-brown, swirling earth tones that can snap into flame on a dime.

Tell Tale Signs:
Obvious
- The skin of Ada's feet and legs (to her knees) is almost scaly and slightly discolored, reminiscent of her bird form.
- A light spray of feathers grow up her spine and spread out on her shoulders.
- Her eyes are the same throughout both forms, leaving her with bird eyes in human form.

Emergent Properties: (3 things)

1) Heightened hearing.

2) Ada has a great immune system and rarely gets sick.

3) BCT transmit within a car length and receive as normal. May communicate verbally with similar creatures of chosen animal.

<~★~>

PERSONA

Posi+
+Social: Ada isn't afraid of crowds and 'pack bonds' easily with those who aren't threats to her life.
+Analytical: Especially when it comes to food, Ada can easily find quick paths to things that would otherwise be considered hard to reach or even impossible to get.
+Protective: She will put her life on the line to protect those she considers worthy for it, and won't back down despite often being too small to fight back.
+Mask: Ada can mask her emotions sometimes, which can and has saved her from bad consequences.

Nega-
-Stubborn: Ada is a natural-born leader and often finds it hard to back down, even when proven wrong.
-Grudge: When she is wronged, Ada can hold grudges for much longer than is necessary, often giving the person in question the silent treatment until she explodes and lets a torrent of masked anger out on them in the form of shrill yelling.
-Dominant: Ada has problems with authority and resents being told to do things.

Likes: Civilization, trees, bushes, social activity, soft things, fruit, seeds, nuts, swimming

Dislikes: Heavy lifting, open spaces, wilderness, metal, restraints, cats, birds of prey, dogs (most predators, really), restrictive authority

<~★~>

WIP
BIO/HISTORY

Whatever you put as fact in here, any RPer may include pieces of your write up into their Bio.

But to start us off, lets do "The Wheel." On the wheel so far: ON HOLD.

Step 1!
So, moving ONE spot clockwise, write something good that happened between you charrie and the other charrie AND how you met.

Step 2!
Then move TWO spots COUNTER-clockwise, write something bad that happened between you and the other charrie. It doesn't necessarily mean you guys got in a fight or argument... like maybe you guys decided to peek into a room you weren't supposed to?

Step 3!
What did the panther (muh charrie Jet!) see you do or see in you that made her want to make sure that you in particular escaped from the BLOCC. Since you had minimal contact with my charrie, you don't need to know a lot about my charrie other than that Jet is an Arrow and a Predator. She also seemed to be second in command in the escape planning.

When doing write up put a heading including who you are referencing please.

Example:
~Shilo and Ada Go 'Shopping' - write up write up write up write up blahblahblahhhhh...
~Naj and Bella and Allll Those Needles - write up write up write up write up blahblahblahhhhh...
~Jet Sees Basil - write up write up write up write up blahblahblahhhhh...

THATS IT SO FAR, K!!! We will do soooooo much more with flashbacks IC'ly to add in just start with this for now till we see who is in and who is out in the RP! Thanks ya!!^^!!

Oh! And format how you like but keep the basic layout the same please!!

• Bucket of Rainbows
664afe380801596ea924ccec726be8f3--character-ideas-character-inspiration.jpg

220px-House_Sparrow_%28Passer_domesticus%29-_Female_in_Kolkata_I_IMG_3787_%28cropped%29.jpg

Subject IDN: Subject AD-12623263

Nickname: Ada

Sex: F

Years in the BLOCC: 2

Animal Type: Sparrow

Trained Advantages:
Singing
Arial Obstacle Course Running

Directive: Entertainment
-When not entertaining, Ada has been trained to be a messenger. She brings notes, orders, and small objects around large properties.

Directive Skills:
- Message relay
- Singing voice
- Flight maneuverability
- Speed up to 28 MPH
- Good stamina
- Public performance

<~★~>
PHYSICALITY

-Physical Desc-

Animal: Ada is tiny in her animal form, only 14 cm in length and with a mass of 1.2 oz. Her feathers are a light tan, with the backs of her wings and head dotted with dark red and black. Her eyes are a dark red-brown, almost black.

Sapient: Ada is petite, only around 5' 4" and 120 lbs in human form. Her dark red hair is short but thick and fluffy, and once it grows out from being shaved, it will be naturally wavy. Red-brown freckles dot her nose and arms. She's slightly curvy, with most of her weight attributed to her muscular build. Her eyes are a muddy black-brown, swirling earth tones that can snap into flame on a dime.

Tell Tale Signs:
Obvious
- The skin of Ada's feet and legs (to her knees) is almost scaly and slightly discolored, reminiscent of her bird form.
- A light spray of feathers grow up her spine and spread out on her shoulders.
- Her eyes are the same throughout both forms, leaving her with bird eyes in human form.

Emergent Properties: (3 things)

1) Heightened hearing.

2) Ada has a great immune system and rarely gets sick.

3) BCT transmit within a car length and receive as normal. May communicate verbally with similar creatures of chosen animal.

<~★~>

PERSONA

Posi+
+Social: Ada isn't afraid of crowds and 'pack bonds' easily with those who aren't threats to her life.
+Analytical: Especially when it comes to food, Ada can easily find quick paths to things that would otherwise be considered hard to reach or even impossible to get.
+Protective: She will put her life on the line to protect those she considers worthy for it, and won't back down despite often being too small to fight back.
+Mask: Ada can mask her emotions sometimes, which can and has saved her from bad consequences.

Nega-
-Stubborn: Ada is a natural-born leader and often finds it hard to back down, even when proven wrong.
-Grudge: When she is wronged, Ada can hold grudges for much longer than is necessary, often giving the person in question the silent treatment until she explodes and lets a torrent of masked anger out on them in the form of shrill yelling.
-Dominant: Ada has problems with authority and resents being told to do things.

Likes: Civilization, trees, bushes, social activity, soft things, fruit, seeds, nuts, swimming

Dislikes: Heavy lifting, open spaces, wilderness, metal, restraints, cats, birds of prey, dogs (most predators, really), restrictive authority

<~★~>

WIP
BIO/HISTORY

Whatever you put as fact in here, any RPer may include pieces of your write up into their Bio.

But to start us off, lets do "The Wheel." On the wheel so far: ON HOLD.

Step 1!
So, moving ONE spot clockwise, write something good that happened between you charrie and the other charrie AND how you met.

Step 2!
Then move TWO spots COUNTER-clockwise, write something bad that happened between you and the other charrie. It doesn't necessarily mean you guys got in a fight or argument... like maybe you guys decided to peek into a room you weren't supposed to?

Step 3!
What did the panther (muh charrie Jet!) see you do or see in you that made her want to make sure that you in particular escaped from the BLOCC. Since you had minimal contact with my charrie, you don't need to know a lot about my charrie other than that Jet is an Arrow and a Predator. She also seemed to be second in command in the escape planning.

When doing write up put a heading including who you are referencing please.

Example:
~Shilo and Ada Go 'Shopping' - write up write up write up write up blahblahblahhhhh...
~Naj and Bella and Allll Those Needles - write up write up write up write up blahblahblahhhhh...
~Jet Sees Basil - write up write up write up write up blahblahblahhhhh...

THATS IT SO FAR, K!!! We will do soooooo much more with flashbacks IC'ly to add in just start with this for now till we see who is in and who is out in the RP! Thanks ya!!^^!!

Oh! And format how you like but keep the basic layout the same please!!

Fantastic. Just curious as to what kind of training the Aerial Obstacle Course was and how intensive, but other than that:

Congratulations!! Accepted. Please post Ada in the Character Index. There will be a bit more writing but think more about the others in your little group and how you guys would get along or not get along. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: noodle
Fantastic. Just curious as to what kind of training the Aerial Obstacle Course was and how intensive, but other than that:

Congratulations!! Accepted. Please post Ada in the Character Index. There will be a bit more writing but think more about the others in your little group and how you guys would get along or not get along. Thank you.
The Aerial Obstacle Course would have been mostly a high-speed run through a set of hanging and swinging poles and rings that she would have had to duck under, over, around, and through. It would have been quite intensive.

Awesome! I'll post her there soon ^.^

• Bucket of Rainbows
The Aerial Obstacle Course would have been mostly a high-speed run through a set of hanging and swinging poles and rings that she would have had to duck under, over, around, and through. It would have been quite intensive.

Awesome! I'll post her there soon ^.^

Very cool. That actually sounds like something intensive that the BLOCC would put you guys through actually.

Made some edits to Bella! Let me know what you think :)

Very cool too but how about instead of Learning Routines, Bella has ability to Mimic Others. So actually in fact, not only could she do Big Cat Tap but could also Mimic the way lizards could speak so Bella could actually speak to Naj's lizard in their animal forms via motion. Boomer's idea tbh.[/hr]

Awesome ^.^ do you have any suggestions or critiques on how I can make Ada better before I post her in the character index, or do you think I should just toss her in there now?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Awesome ^.^ do you have any suggestions or critiques on how I can make Ada better before I post her in the character index, or do you think I should just toss her in there now?
K this is Boo!!

Like just put her in there. I just wanna stress to err'body just how fluid the charrie creation is k? Like there is still another part to the charrie sheet where like we will do some pre-IC'ly setups. And like during this phase, you might be like:

"Damnnnn... I wish my charrie was not so rigid... i wanna change something..." and like that's cool, that's the whole process. Like let's open up the discussion about your charries. Cuz like you invest a whooooooole bunch of time into them so let's all take part in moulding and shaping them how you'd like to see them.

So like yayuh! All goods, bruh! Postie Ada in the Charrie threads and we will go from there k^^

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: marcy and noodle
K this is Boo!!

Like just put her in there. I just wanna stress to err'body just how fluid the charrie creation is k? Like there is still another part to the charrie sheet where like we will do some pre-IC'ly setups. And like during this phase, you might be like:

"Damnnnn... I wish my charrie was not so rigid... i wanna change something..." and like that's cool, that's the whole process. Like let's open up the discussion about your charries. Cuz like you invest a whooooooole bunch of time into them so let's all take part in moulding and shaping them how you'd like to see them.

So like yayuh! All goods, bruh! Postie Ada in the Charrie threads and we will go from there k^^
Okidokie!

Okay guys now we are getting somewhere. Well done.

So what I'd like to do since we have half of the Roster Accepted is to move the half that is Accepted to the next stage just to get a head start.

In the Bio part of the the CS you will find Step 1.

@neobendium Ada will write about @Lulunopia 's Bella and then Lulunopia will write about @Youreverydaywildchild 's Naj and then Youreverydaywildchild will write about Ada. See how that works?

Now these are just summaries. But these are not in stone. You will all have input on how it goes down but to intitiate how it begins, well, this is how we do it.

So in the BS Boardroom, you will find your Subject IDN's for your characters. When you have your summary ready, please post it into the appropriate thread:

Ada into Bella into Naj into Ada. Makes sense? Remember these are just summaries of 1) something Good and 2) how they Met.

The details can be done IC'ly via flashback. However, we will not stop you if you wish to flesh it out, even RP it out, in the BS Boardroom. Reference the Original Post here for the basic set up of the BLOCC and other than that, go wild, so to speak. Remember however that what ever goes into your CS it will be fact. So in actuality you are creating the BLOCC as you guys go... moderated and vetoed by myself and Boomer as we see fit, mind you.

Any questions?

I'm sure you will have some so please do not hesitate to pipe up.

Oh, and Boomer says that if you do end up RPing the interactions rather than summarizing, do know that Boomer will RP Jaycie too if need be.

This section may be as simple or as complex as you wish. Just have fun with it please.

[fieldbox=BA-27626601, blue, dashed, 10]
TaA662p.jpg

Subject IDN: BA-27626601

Nickname: Basil

Sex: M

Animal Type: Malaysian Flying Fox

Years in the BLOCC: 2 years

Directive: Guarding/Security
While he was never trained to confront intruders and thieves, he was trained to quickly alert the nearest authorty without drawing attention to himself.

Secondary Objective: Detecting rotten food
Whenever not being alert, he was to be expected to sniff arund for rotten fruit or other food that could potentially harm someone.

Directive Skills:
  • Quick reaction speed
  • Great attention to detail
  • Can sleep very little and still stay on high alert
  • Very quick
  • Great at inspectin food.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Physicality, blue, dashed, 10]
yjuePd4.jpg

Physical Description:

Animal Form:
Basil is about 32 centimeters long from his head to the end of his body. He has a wingspan of 1.5 meters and weighs 1.1 kilograms. Being a flying fox, his body is covered in fluffy hairs. He has a black maw, while the rest of his head and torso is a redish-orange. His wings are all black.​

Human Form:
As a human, he stands up to just under the average at 5ft 8in. Paired with his dark, brown skin, he has short, shaggy black hair due to it constantly being shaved. Though he could never grow it out to a decent length even if it was allowed. His eyes gleam with a dark brown. While he does retain a slim build, he does have some muscle on his bones. He wears a dull, grey onesie with a teal trim.
Tell Tale Signs:
  • His black nose similar to that of a leaf-nosed bat: lance shaoed with flared nostrils.
  • He has large batlike ears: Black and pointed with ridges inside. He lacks an earlobe.
  • His fingers and toes are unusually bony, with webbing in between, and his thumbs and big toes have what seems to be small claws.
  • Reddish-orange fur growds down the back of his head and around his neck.
Emegernt Properties:

1. He has a heightened sense of smell.
  2. He can hang upside down as long as he wants to.
  3. BCT transmit within car length and receive as normal. May communicate verbally with similar creatures of chosen animal.
[/fieldbox]

[Fieldbox=Persona, blue, dashed, 10]
Star-Transparent-Background.png

Positive+:

Incredibly observant: Things rarely get passed Basil, if he isn’t doing anything in particular, he can usually be seen looking around for anything new or exciting.

Reliable: Basil will easily take pride into whatever goal or task that he has either set upon himself or asked from another, no matter how big or small. Unless asked not to, he will not stop doing whatever he has put his mind to until the job is completely done.

Talkative and energetic: Being the very energetic little bat that he is, Basil could easily talk out someone to death if he wished. He can't stay in one spot for too long, or he will feel like he will explode with energy. He'll happily strike a long winded conversation on whatever matter is chosen. It is highly recommended that you don't talk about fruits...it would be a very long conversation.

Negative-:

Emotional: When things starts to get tough, Basil has a terrible habit of letting his emotions control his actions. This makes it very hard to calm him down before he does a rash decision, which can lead him into more trouble then he already was.

Easily impressed/Naive: Basil isn't one to think over and idea or assumption before taking it to heart. This leads him to believe whatever silly superstition or rumor, even if the idea in question sounds stupid or just plain impossible!

Easily distracted: Basil: A bat with the eyes of a hawk..until he notices a little pebble rolling off a tiny hill 3 feet away from him. Absolutely anything can steal away his attention from more important matters, like flying away for a captor. But never eating, oh no, nothing could distract good ole' Basil from a delicious mango.

• Water, but you won't find him swimming in it.
  • Trees! Wait...what are trees?
  • Grooming, gotta keep clean!
  • Attention, give him all of it!
  • Nighttime, he is the night afterall!
  • The Sun, being a Fruit Bat does have its advantages..
Dislikes:
  • Vegetables, who eats those things??
  • Sand, it’s way too squishy and rough!
  • Bugs, way too icky to eat.
  • The phrase “go away”, who says that??
  • Grapes, way too hard and mushy.
  • Bad people, the “try to catch you and enslave you to rich people” kind.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Bio/History, blue, dashed, 10]
Under-Construction-PNG-Picture.png

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows