[OOC]Return of the Dragon Tamers: The Plague of Ogual

S

Soulserenity20

Original poster

• None

• Welcome to Illos....
    Note: Only the accepted users on the list below may post in this thread, if you'd like to signup, please head on over to the signups and work on your CS there. Any non-accepted players' posts will be removed. Thankyou.

Please check in for more slots when chapter two opens.

The following players are accepted and have claimed their dragons.
    Soulserenity20 ---- Merrik Tetra ----- Obsidian Nova, Nightmare Dragon
    Soulserenity20 -----Terria Tetra ----- Ataegana Kuu'iah, Lunar Dragon
    Soulserenity20 -----Avren Lebram ----- Viridian, Forest Dragon
    Rainjay -----Saira Rinien ----- Aerarya, Atmosphere Dragon
    Rainjay -----Illyria Rowena Renthir ----- Mirazh, Desert Dragon
    Firejay1 -----Narien Ki'ila ----- Angi, Arcane Dragon
    White -----Rèverie Gray ----- Celeste, Celestial Dragon
    Mowkie ----- Pomona Ayelet Muldell ----- Katla, Vanity Dragon
    Mowkie ----- Alder Balthazar Grey ----- Andraste, Valor Dragon
    Crimson77 ----- Xylia Kalei Iwalani ----- Deventh, Swamp Dragon
    Remaining Dragons are:
    -Brown
    -Yellow
    -Pink
    -Pearl
    -Red

The Following Dragons Are Out of Commission:
    +Orange (Solar) - Deceased

Roleplay Website*: Click Here

*Please note that the information on the website is largely a WIP. While the posted information is generally going to stay as is, the pages are constantly being updated and added to. (By constantly I mean as often as I can. ^_^)

Link to the IC
    Let the Journey Begin

• Link to Roleplay Info:
    Tamers Perk List (Not relevant as it stands since it's not up to date, but will soon be.)
    Illos Land and Settlement Page
    Tamers Information Page
    Beastiary (Forever a WIP)

COMING SOON: Character asset List.

Merrik's Thoughts on the Army:
    I first and foremost aim to fill the following ranks:
    1st Captain: my right hand tamer whom I will trust with all leadership in my stead should the times call for it.
    2nd Captain: one who will be a support to myself and my 1st captain.
    Scouts: those whose primary duty is to be our first line of offense and defense: observance
    Defenders: these tamers must be powerful protective mana users. A strong defensive wall against our enemies will be infinitely useful.
    Warriors: as with any army, all soldiers are to fight, but I will need a team with a powerful offense specifically to be send out to deal damage. These will have to be skilled in mana, but also very well trained with a weapon and as a team with their dragons.

ASSIGNED RANKS: (Not to be confused with combat roles, as listed below)
    1st Captain: Goliath Atreus
    2nd Captain: Terria Tetra
    Scouts: Saira Rinien, Avren Libram, Aris Vaughn
    Defenders: Goliath Atreus, Narien Ki'ila, Dalaith Malai, Illyria Renthir,
    Warriors: Terria Tetra, Kalona Fischer, Requiem Mortalis, Reverie Gray, Aiko Vadarys, Aislin Whitely

I've set out the following fighter classes to establish a means of arranging the army, each tamer must fall into one category of combat roles as a primary and one as a secondary:
    Offensive Mage
    Defensive Mage
    Offensive Non-mana Fighters
    Dragon-warrior
    Healers
    Ambush Warriors

So far, my thoughts are as such:
    +Goliath has proven himiself a valuable warrior and earned both my respect and confidence. He will be my 1st Captain without question. I trust him to keep the others safe in battle with or without me. He will double as a defensive mage, as his bonded ability has grown much stronger since his time in Kona Petl.
    +Avren has grown as a healer and has put effort into developing himself as a warrior. While I will continue to encourage him to grow as a warrior, his role will be that of a healer. He will work as an archer as well, should the need arise.
    +Saira has gained my confidence as she has shown her capability as a survivor, a soldier, and a friend to many in the order. She will serve as an archer, as this has been her strength, but I would double her as an offensive mage, given she continues to develop her elemental mana.
    +Kalona concerns me as she grows more and more ill. She holds a vast amount of potential as a mage but if this mark brings the end of her mana use, which I sometimes fear it will, she will need to serve as a spear-woman, for she works well with her weapon and is quick on her feet. I hope to maintain her in her role as an offensive mage and a defensive mage, but time will tell if such hopes will be for naught.
    + Dalaith continues to grow and develop her capability in fields of both mana and combat. Now that she has established a level of self-sufficiency with a weapon after her time spent at the Stallion tribe, I am more confident putting her in the front line as a mage. She must be able to defend herself if her mana fails and now, I feel she can do at least this. She will now serve as a defensive mage primarily, and an offensive mage secondarily.
    +Terria will serve as an offensive mage, as I originally planned. But we may need to pull her back at some point and use her to heal the wounded with Avren, for there are no others with any level of skill in the healing magicks.
    +Requiem has begun to show potential. His bonded ability has become well established after his time at Kona Petl and after some displays of aptitude in combat, I'm confident in placing him onto the battle field. I am most inclined to position him as an offensive mage and an offensive non-mana fighter.
    +Reverie has finally dealt with the disturbing issues she had previously displayed and grown to be a stronger mage because of it. I feel she can now work to gain aptitude with a blade, but I still am not confident in her combat abilities. She will play the role of a dragon warrior and fight from atop her dragoness, keeping herself out of harm by remaining in the skies. She will lead the three newcomers.
    +Narien has displayed a level of courage (or craziness) that leaves me oddly comfortable about his place on the battle field. The man is adept with a blade and has incredible perception. A bit unorthodox, but capable. I fear his elemental mana is not yet stable enough to be a strong weapon, but his bonded ability has grown since his time at Kona Petl, as was hoped. I will aim to utilize him primarily as a defensive mage, but also as an offensive non-mana fighter.
    +Aislin TBA
    +Aiko, Aris, and Illyria have not yet gained my confidence that they should be in the midst of the battle. They will serve as dragon warriors and remain airborn, dousing the foes with fires and transporting the injured back to the healers with Reverie as their lead.
    (Note to crimson: I'll edit this once Xylia is in)

• +Posting/Activity Rules and Regulatory Fun
    +1+
    +Lengthy Unexplained Absences+
    Any unexplained absence proceeding the span of one week will result in a warning. If said absence continues for two weeks, you will be considered MIA and you will lose your slot in this roleplay, but are welcome to apply again in the second chapter.
    +2+

+Multiple Unexplained Absences+
    If you regularly go missing for several days without a word and are constantly responsible for holding up the progress of this roleplay, you will receive a warning. While real life isn't always predictable and you may have other roleplays, I expect you to have a level of dedication and respect for this roleplay just like everyone else. Should your behaviour continue and I or Erranruin feel that you have are severely dragging the roleplay down, your slot in this roleplay will be removed.
    Again, you're more than welcome to apply in the second chapter.
    +3+

+Locking up Another Player's Character+
    In the case of a collaboration or interaction between characters, you will be expected to post in a punctual manner. If you do not have the time to do so at that moment in time, please refrain from entering into collabs or arranging character interactions.
    In a personally arranged collab you will be expected to post every 5 or 6 days. Failure to do so will be considered "locking up" another player's character and that player gains the right to end that interaction either by voiding the collab or by closing the interaction with a generic, non-altering post for your character. If you don't want to have your character spoken for, don't lock other player's character up.
    In a GM initiated collab you will be expected to post once a week, with a grace period of 2 days for explained tardiness. If you do not post within the week, you will be contacted and asked to post. If you do not post within the two days, your character will be moved along by either myself or by Erranruin to prevent the other players from being held up.
    +4+

+Low Quality Posts+
    While I generally don't believe I hold the right to harshly criticize other player's posts, I expect a level of writing from this roleplay. If you are continually posting posts with less than 2 paragraphs, improper grammar, violations to the lore, or character altering of other player's characters, you will receive a warning which may lead to the loss of your slot in this roleplay. If you aren't willing to put effort into this roleplay like everyone else, you don't need to be in this roleplay.
    +5+

+Time Limits+
    Unexplained Hiatus: 7 days warrants a warning. 14 days warrants your removal from this RP. The countdown for any future or current Hiatus will commence upon the posting of this rule-set.
    Multiple Unexplained Hiatuses: 4+ days of unexplained absence warrants a warning. 3 warnings in one month warrants your removal from this RP. The countdown for any future or current Hiatus will commence upon the posting of this rule-set.
    Multiple Excused Hiatuses: 5 or more absences with excuses, spanning 4+ days in one month will warrant the discussion of your removal from this RP. This means you are absent from this roleplay 20 days out of the month. If this persists into a second month you may be asked to leave this roleplay on the grounds that you do not have the time for it. The countdown for any future or current Hiatus will commence upon the posting of this rule-set.
    +6+

+I love you all+
    I don't like having to inflict these kinds of rules but I firmly believe they are for the good of the RP as a whole. I don't WANT to lose any of my players but I'd rather lose one or two instead of having the entire RP fail because it's constantly being held up. If you find these rules to be unfair or unjust, please contact me VIA pm and we can discuss your concerns.
    Thank you,
    ~Soul
    [tab=Character List][/tab][tab=Character List][/tab]

• (I know there are two Char. List tabs. I can't get rid of the one -_-)
    Character Hexes
    Aerarya is #800080
    Saira is #33cccc
    Merrik is Lime
    Nova is Black with Shadow and Italic.
    Avren is Green
    Viridian is Yellow Green with Italic.
    Terria is Dark Azure
    Taega is Medium Gray with Glow and Italic.
    Requiem is Maroon
    Aleria is Dark Green.
    Agni color is #999999
    Narien is #0092b3
    Kalona is #cc8080
    Lyre is #8fb2b2, with italics and [ shadow ] [ /shadow ]
    Goliath is Amber
    Hezekiah is Red and bold

*Any not listed here were not provided to me.
    PLAYER TAMER DRAGON
    Soulserenity20 Merrik Tetra
    Nightmare (Black)
    Obsidian Nova
    Soulserenity20 Terria Tetra
    Lunar (Pewter)
    Ateagana Kuu'iah
    Soulserenity20 Avren Lebram
    Forest (Green)
    Viridian
    Rainjay Saira Rinien
    Atmosphere (Silver)
    Aerarya
    Rainjay
    Illyria Rowena Renthir

Desert (Tan)
    Mirazh
    Shadicmaster Dalaith Malai
    Intellect (Gold)
    A'untyr Miirym
    Freyalise Kalona Fischer
    Deep Sea (Blue)
    Lyre
    Wytchfinder Goliath Atreus
    Noble (Iron)
    Hezekiah
    Silver Aislin Whitely
    Dream (Pearl)
    Yumiru
    Requiem Requiem Mortalis
    Jungle (Rainbow)
    Aleria
    Firejay1
    Narien Ki'ila

Arcane (Platinum)
    Agni
    White Rèverie Gray
    Celestial (White)
    Celeste
    J_"Kraken" Nimrielye Elyen

Inferno (Red)
    Aegnor
    Mowkie Aiko Vadarys Vanity (Amethyst)
    Zolykar
    Crimson77 Xylia Kalei Iwalani Swamp (Olive)
    Deventh

• War is starting! Please remember that if you encounter any dice-based events, you do not have to take part. You can choose to opt out. The events are purely to help me better develop my dice system and add some random chance to the game. Be sure to read all battle posts carefully and work together to win the war!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Rainjay and senpai
And for me -

idgozo.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, here's what was requested by the two here. Just lemme know on here whether or not you like it. ^^

For @Soulserenity20 -

2lwvl0o.jpg

For @04LIDOB -

2l940g1.jpg

And, if you don't want it that big, I've made a smaller version, too. ^^

15x5vmp.jpg

@Mowkie
I have something i have to say to you Mowkie...
LA5631.jpg

IT'S BEAUTIMOUS!!! *cries*

I'm glad you like it, deary. ^^

*reads Mowkie's post*
OMG IS THAT A NOVEL?!?!?!?
must...hit...like...button!

Hey Mowkie, I was gonna tell you nice post, but it looks like someone already beat me too it, so I guess I won't. Can't be giving you too big of a head now, can we? :P

Reactions: Soulserenity20
You don't want to go to my blog if you think that post is a novel...*cackles*

It was new for me, since I've never played quite those personalities...I like how the clashed. But my intro posts are always bigger than the rest of my posts. ^^

OMG, *dies* Thanks for the compliments, guys. Much appreciated.

Ooooh, gonna go read it. I was busy writing more Lore... :| I started a lore page on the site.

@Erranruin , I think we're going to have to take what lore we can from that google doc, put it into a clean version, and publish what can be published without giving away the plot. Lol maybe we should go over that doc again XD it's been eons

Apologies for any and all typos...I'm still tired from the event this weekend...so though I'm able to get the idea across, my fingers are still going too fast to actually hit all of the right keys. >.<'

Oh hush, we all have typos when we're on a roll, and that, my friend, was quite the roll! Well done :)

*blush* Thanks...:bow:

Ooh, more information? Me gusta!

Mowkie, seriously though, get working on a novel. If you can write in that style all the time, you could easily write quite the good book. I'm jealous. >.<

I am working on a novel, actually...it's just actually sitting down and working on it. Writing for over 8 years, and I can't focus on the same thing for too long. >.<' I'm only on chapter 3.

I have an entire world of my own...Partheus. There's a link to it on my profile page, but all I have up is the birth of the world.

And your writing is just as good, haybale! How long have you been writing creatively?

Ah, you're one of those people like me. I've got a ton of ideas for novels, but I can never quite get them started... Roleplays keep me motivated to write because people rely on me. My sister has been writing a novel for 6 years now, and she's going through and editing right now. I'm fed up waiting for her to finish, she hasn't let me read any of it yet for 6 years! D: The suspense kills me.

Yeah, I believe I know a little bit about it. You tried to start up a roleplay early this year and I was actually a part of it, but things died off. Life was busy, so I haven't been back on the sight until I saw this rp and had to join.

Eh, I wouldn't say it's as good, but everyone judges their own work more harshly, so I wouldn't know. >shrug< I started rping on a little old website called renaissance kingdoms, and it's been about 6 years since. Haven't done a lot of forum rp, a dabble here or there. A majority of my rp time has been spent on minecraft roleplay servers, so chatroom style rp. Been a staff member for one at one point, which was fun.

... That was longer than intended. Guess I like to talk. Oh well!

That's why Partheus is a World of Three Worlds...I have everything any little idea can muster on there. Even Una is its own world now, though I'm not sure I'd want to start a novel on it. I don't want to do any RPs on Partheus until at least one book is written. I do RP because I have something to bounce off of...if people rely too heavily on me, I feel obligated and don't want to write any more. That happened not too long ago with my Changelings. But I also do chatroom RP...that's how the Dark Dream is held every year. Actually, that pic I posted yesterday is for a char in the Dark Universe, which is mostly done in the room.

Apologies for any and all typos...I'm still tired from the event this weekend...so though I'm able to get the idea across, my fingers are still going too fast to actually hit all of the right keys. >.<'

oh yeah how was it, and what was iT?

It started off really slow...two other sites decided to hold their own events to get back at us for moving. *grumbles* But around 7 PM, it picked up, and from then to about 4 AM it was a BLAST. I came up with the best kitten bombs ever. Better than I've ever had before. We have a Gor (think Master/Slave, heavily male dominant) character whose player came into the second one...I bring in the kittens every year, and he got covered in them...he calls them Urts, and this year I wanted to really torture that char with them. He ended up with a kitten who ticks but doesn't explode and happens to be his biggest fan. *cackles*

I don't even want to count all the worlds in my head. Worlds and characters just kinda sprout naturally in my head, so I have quite the overabundance of things in my head which will never be used. XD Lazy writers curse, I guess. I'm actually hoping to go for a creative writing degree when I start tackling college later this year. And room rp is great, but I especially like it in minecraft because of the visual representation you get.

... 0.o Are these chatroom roleplay sites competitive Mowkie?

I am working on a novel, actually...it's just actually sitting down and working on it. Writing for over 8 years, and I can't focus on the same thing for too long. >.<' I'm only on chapter 3.

I have an entire world of my own...Partheus. There's a link to it on my profile page, but all I have up is the birth of the world.

And your writing is just as good, haybale! How long have you been writing creatively?
is this book based on a specific roleplay?

@haybalebarn - That's why I made it all one world. I get to use everything I want...but at the same time I don't want to use it...if I do, I know I won't write the books...and the stories I have in my head may have some recognizable features, but I'm hoping they're something for people who truly enjoy fantasy to like them. As for the sites being competitive...well, to a certain degree, yes. Mostly, it's just a lot of OOC drama. My mom has a bunch of lifetime memberships because people begged her to bring the Dark Dream over...and the site she was going to host it on didn't do anything to help her advertise, etc. So, she moved to a site that would. Drama Llama kind of thing. And what do you mean "visual representation?"

@04LIDOB - It's based off of a character I made when I was a kid...she was my first online RP char back when my posts were lucky to be four or five sentences. About a year after I made her, I created an RP on a world called Kabola. She was cold and almost mean...and she met someone like her who rode a black dragon. Ended up falling in love with him. From then, on, I wanted to write about that...so I'm writing about their relationship on Kabola, which is now a continent on Partheus, as well as what it means to save the world from the destruction of a very angry goddess.

@Mowkie Don't know how much you know about minecraft, but it's a sandbox game in which you can build the world in whatever way you please. Also, it allows for texture packs which can completely alter the look of the game to how you want it. So when I talk about a minecraft roleplay server it's a large, custom created world by both the players and the staff members that can be constantly altered. Plus, with texture packs you can adjust the world to look however you desire. That's what I mean by visual. It's just a platform for roleplay, like a chatroom or a forum like this one. Biggest issue with them is that it's hard to sustain a community, if a server lasts for a year it's very impressive. Most often to keep people engaged you have to start a new server idea every 6 months or so, or else players get bored with your current setting, which is a shame.