[OOC]Return of the Dragon Tamers: The Plague of Ogual

S

Soulserenity20

Original poster

• None

• Welcome to Illos....
    Note: Only the accepted users on the list below may post in this thread, if you'd like to signup, please head on over to the signups and work on your CS there. Any non-accepted players' posts will be removed. Thankyou.

Please check in for more slots when chapter two opens.

The following players are accepted and have claimed their dragons.
    Soulserenity20 ---- Merrik Tetra ----- Obsidian Nova, Nightmare Dragon
    Soulserenity20 -----Terria Tetra ----- Ataegana Kuu'iah, Lunar Dragon
    Soulserenity20 -----Avren Lebram ----- Viridian, Forest Dragon
    Rainjay -----Saira Rinien ----- Aerarya, Atmosphere Dragon
    Rainjay -----Illyria Rowena Renthir ----- Mirazh, Desert Dragon
    Firejay1 -----Narien Ki'ila ----- Angi, Arcane Dragon
    White -----Rèverie Gray ----- Celeste, Celestial Dragon
    Mowkie ----- Pomona Ayelet Muldell ----- Katla, Vanity Dragon
    Mowkie ----- Alder Balthazar Grey ----- Andraste, Valor Dragon
    Crimson77 ----- Xylia Kalei Iwalani ----- Deventh, Swamp Dragon
    Remaining Dragons are:
    -Brown
    -Yellow
    -Pink
    -Pearl
    -Red

The Following Dragons Are Out of Commission:
    +Orange (Solar) - Deceased

Roleplay Website*: Click Here

*Please note that the information on the website is largely a WIP. While the posted information is generally going to stay as is, the pages are constantly being updated and added to. (By constantly I mean as often as I can. ^_^)

Link to the IC
    Let the Journey Begin

• Link to Roleplay Info:
    Tamers Perk List (Not relevant as it stands since it's not up to date, but will soon be.)
    Illos Land and Settlement Page
    Tamers Information Page
    Beastiary (Forever a WIP)

COMING SOON: Character asset List.

Merrik's Thoughts on the Army:
    I first and foremost aim to fill the following ranks:
    1st Captain: my right hand tamer whom I will trust with all leadership in my stead should the times call for it.
    2nd Captain: one who will be a support to myself and my 1st captain.
    Scouts: those whose primary duty is to be our first line of offense and defense: observance
    Defenders: these tamers must be powerful protective mana users. A strong defensive wall against our enemies will be infinitely useful.
    Warriors: as with any army, all soldiers are to fight, but I will need a team with a powerful offense specifically to be send out to deal damage. These will have to be skilled in mana, but also very well trained with a weapon and as a team with their dragons.

ASSIGNED RANKS: (Not to be confused with combat roles, as listed below)
    1st Captain: Goliath Atreus
    2nd Captain: Terria Tetra
    Scouts: Saira Rinien, Avren Libram, Aris Vaughn
    Defenders: Goliath Atreus, Narien Ki'ila, Dalaith Malai, Illyria Renthir,
    Warriors: Terria Tetra, Kalona Fischer, Requiem Mortalis, Reverie Gray, Aiko Vadarys, Aislin Whitely

I've set out the following fighter classes to establish a means of arranging the army, each tamer must fall into one category of combat roles as a primary and one as a secondary:
    Offensive Mage
    Defensive Mage
    Offensive Non-mana Fighters
    Dragon-warrior
    Healers
    Ambush Warriors

So far, my thoughts are as such:
    +Goliath has proven himiself a valuable warrior and earned both my respect and confidence. He will be my 1st Captain without question. I trust him to keep the others safe in battle with or without me. He will double as a defensive mage, as his bonded ability has grown much stronger since his time in Kona Petl.
    +Avren has grown as a healer and has put effort into developing himself as a warrior. While I will continue to encourage him to grow as a warrior, his role will be that of a healer. He will work as an archer as well, should the need arise.
    +Saira has gained my confidence as she has shown her capability as a survivor, a soldier, and a friend to many in the order. She will serve as an archer, as this has been her strength, but I would double her as an offensive mage, given she continues to develop her elemental mana.
    +Kalona concerns me as she grows more and more ill. She holds a vast amount of potential as a mage but if this mark brings the end of her mana use, which I sometimes fear it will, she will need to serve as a spear-woman, for she works well with her weapon and is quick on her feet. I hope to maintain her in her role as an offensive mage and a defensive mage, but time will tell if such hopes will be for naught.
    + Dalaith continues to grow and develop her capability in fields of both mana and combat. Now that she has established a level of self-sufficiency with a weapon after her time spent at the Stallion tribe, I am more confident putting her in the front line as a mage. She must be able to defend herself if her mana fails and now, I feel she can do at least this. She will now serve as a defensive mage primarily, and an offensive mage secondarily.
    +Terria will serve as an offensive mage, as I originally planned. But we may need to pull her back at some point and use her to heal the wounded with Avren, for there are no others with any level of skill in the healing magicks.
    +Requiem has begun to show potential. His bonded ability has become well established after his time at Kona Petl and after some displays of aptitude in combat, I'm confident in placing him onto the battle field. I am most inclined to position him as an offensive mage and an offensive non-mana fighter.
    +Reverie has finally dealt with the disturbing issues she had previously displayed and grown to be a stronger mage because of it. I feel she can now work to gain aptitude with a blade, but I still am not confident in her combat abilities. She will play the role of a dragon warrior and fight from atop her dragoness, keeping herself out of harm by remaining in the skies. She will lead the three newcomers.
    +Narien has displayed a level of courage (or craziness) that leaves me oddly comfortable about his place on the battle field. The man is adept with a blade and has incredible perception. A bit unorthodox, but capable. I fear his elemental mana is not yet stable enough to be a strong weapon, but his bonded ability has grown since his time at Kona Petl, as was hoped. I will aim to utilize him primarily as a defensive mage, but also as an offensive non-mana fighter.
    +Aislin TBA
    +Aiko, Aris, and Illyria have not yet gained my confidence that they should be in the midst of the battle. They will serve as dragon warriors and remain airborn, dousing the foes with fires and transporting the injured back to the healers with Reverie as their lead.
    (Note to crimson: I'll edit this once Xylia is in)

• +Posting/Activity Rules and Regulatory Fun
    +1+
    +Lengthy Unexplained Absences+
    Any unexplained absence proceeding the span of one week will result in a warning. If said absence continues for two weeks, you will be considered MIA and you will lose your slot in this roleplay, but are welcome to apply again in the second chapter.
    +2+

+Multiple Unexplained Absences+
    If you regularly go missing for several days without a word and are constantly responsible for holding up the progress of this roleplay, you will receive a warning. While real life isn't always predictable and you may have other roleplays, I expect you to have a level of dedication and respect for this roleplay just like everyone else. Should your behaviour continue and I or Erranruin feel that you have are severely dragging the roleplay down, your slot in this roleplay will be removed.
    Again, you're more than welcome to apply in the second chapter.
    +3+

+Locking up Another Player's Character+
    In the case of a collaboration or interaction between characters, you will be expected to post in a punctual manner. If you do not have the time to do so at that moment in time, please refrain from entering into collabs or arranging character interactions.
    In a personally arranged collab you will be expected to post every 5 or 6 days. Failure to do so will be considered "locking up" another player's character and that player gains the right to end that interaction either by voiding the collab or by closing the interaction with a generic, non-altering post for your character. If you don't want to have your character spoken for, don't lock other player's character up.
    In a GM initiated collab you will be expected to post once a week, with a grace period of 2 days for explained tardiness. If you do not post within the week, you will be contacted and asked to post. If you do not post within the two days, your character will be moved along by either myself or by Erranruin to prevent the other players from being held up.
    +4+

+Low Quality Posts+
    While I generally don't believe I hold the right to harshly criticize other player's posts, I expect a level of writing from this roleplay. If you are continually posting posts with less than 2 paragraphs, improper grammar, violations to the lore, or character altering of other player's characters, you will receive a warning which may lead to the loss of your slot in this roleplay. If you aren't willing to put effort into this roleplay like everyone else, you don't need to be in this roleplay.
    +5+

+Time Limits+
    Unexplained Hiatus: 7 days warrants a warning. 14 days warrants your removal from this RP. The countdown for any future or current Hiatus will commence upon the posting of this rule-set.
    Multiple Unexplained Hiatuses: 4+ days of unexplained absence warrants a warning. 3 warnings in one month warrants your removal from this RP. The countdown for any future or current Hiatus will commence upon the posting of this rule-set.
    Multiple Excused Hiatuses: 5 or more absences with excuses, spanning 4+ days in one month will warrant the discussion of your removal from this RP. This means you are absent from this roleplay 20 days out of the month. If this persists into a second month you may be asked to leave this roleplay on the grounds that you do not have the time for it. The countdown for any future or current Hiatus will commence upon the posting of this rule-set.
    +6+

+I love you all+
    I don't like having to inflict these kinds of rules but I firmly believe they are for the good of the RP as a whole. I don't WANT to lose any of my players but I'd rather lose one or two instead of having the entire RP fail because it's constantly being held up. If you find these rules to be unfair or unjust, please contact me VIA pm and we can discuss your concerns.
    Thank you,
    ~Soul
    [tab=Character List][/tab][tab=Character List][/tab]

• (I know there are two Char. List tabs. I can't get rid of the one -_-)
    Character Hexes
    Aerarya is #800080
    Saira is #33cccc
    Merrik is Lime
    Nova is Black with Shadow and Italic.
    Avren is Green
    Viridian is Yellow Green with Italic.
    Terria is Dark Azure
    Taega is Medium Gray with Glow and Italic.
    Requiem is Maroon
    Aleria is Dark Green.
    Agni color is #999999
    Narien is #0092b3
    Kalona is #cc8080
    Lyre is #8fb2b2, with italics and [ shadow ] [ /shadow ]
    Goliath is Amber
    Hezekiah is Red and bold

*Any not listed here were not provided to me.
    PLAYER TAMER DRAGON
    Soulserenity20 Merrik Tetra
    Nightmare (Black)
    Obsidian Nova
    Soulserenity20 Terria Tetra
    Lunar (Pewter)
    Ateagana Kuu'iah
    Soulserenity20 Avren Lebram
    Forest (Green)
    Viridian
    Rainjay Saira Rinien
    Atmosphere (Silver)
    Aerarya
    Rainjay
    Illyria Rowena Renthir

Desert (Tan)
    Mirazh
    Shadicmaster Dalaith Malai
    Intellect (Gold)
    A'untyr Miirym
    Freyalise Kalona Fischer
    Deep Sea (Blue)
    Lyre
    Wytchfinder Goliath Atreus
    Noble (Iron)
    Hezekiah
    Silver Aislin Whitely
    Dream (Pearl)
    Yumiru
    Requiem Requiem Mortalis
    Jungle (Rainbow)
    Aleria
    Firejay1
    Narien Ki'ila

Arcane (Platinum)
    Agni
    White Rèverie Gray
    Celestial (White)
    Celeste
    J_"Kraken" Nimrielye Elyen

Inferno (Red)
    Aegnor
    Mowkie Aiko Vadarys Vanity (Amethyst)
    Zolykar
    Crimson77 Xylia Kalei Iwalani Swamp (Olive)
    Deventh

• War is starting! Please remember that if you encounter any dice-based events, you do not have to take part. You can choose to opt out. The events are purely to help me better develop my dice system and add some random chance to the game. Be sure to read all battle posts carefully and work together to win the war!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Rainjay and senpai
Nepa Village, Calidar
So is she from Nepa Village, or was she raised there? Like, did her parents live there originally? Was she found by villagers she had already known from her youth? Or was she from a different place (Mystic Lake Town?) and was taken in by the Nepans when she was lost? Just trying to clarify that bit :)

Beyond that I actually can't find anything to pick at. Great job. She seems balanced, her strengths and weaknesses make sense, she's not over powered or unrealistically weak or scarred. I think you made a really great character and I can already tell Avren and Xylia are going to be best friends <3

I accept!

Welcome back to Illos ~

• Love
Reactions: Crimson77
[fieldbox="Nimrielye Elyen, orange, solid, Georgia"] [dash="goldenrod"]

Personal Information
separator.png

Sex: Female
Hometown: The Splendid City of Encilis

Appearance:
Height: Nimrielye, "Nim", stands a good head shorter than most men. Her slender shoulders and generally petite form give way to her appearing smaller than she truly is.
Weight: "It's rude to ask a lady of her weight, isn't it?"
Eyes: Somewhere between hazel and green: they never can seem to decide on one color and stick to it.
Hair: Nim's hair is a tangle of dark brown mahogany-tinged curls that remain tucked up in a cap or hat more often than not (hair gives an enemy a handhold). Still, she prefers to leave it long, outright refusing any suggestion that she should butcher it to shoulder length or shorter.
Complexion: Sailing the seas has exposed Nimrielye to more than her fair share of sunlight, though her skin has refused to darken to the sun-kissed hues of her fellow sailors and merchants.
Note-Worthy Features: Much to her chagrin, Nim's mole just right of her nose has refused to shrink or disappear despite her various attempts to remove it.
Typical Apparel: True to her perceived social station, Nim dresses in colorful, sashed garb with a strong preference for navy blues and dark crimsons singed with golden edging. Beneath such, she wears loose tunics singed at the waist with a belt. Leggings replace dresses and smocks, and rather having her feet clad in dainty "lady" shoes, she prefers steel-tipped leather boots.

Personality:

Crude
It has been said that you will never meet the daughter of a successful merchant as foul-mouthed or considerably unlady-like as Nimrielye Elyen. The woman has an innate talent in the art of insults and a knack for profanity rivaled only by the saltiest of sailors. She lacks a filter and will, as a result, say anything in any setting. Suffice it to say, she has not graced many dinner parties of the formal and noble sort.

Scatter-Brained
Nim's brain has a way of often working far faster than she can consciously process the information coming in. When she came of age, and as the sole heir to her father's business at the time, she began to manage some of the less important aspects of the various trade routes. She become notoriously well-known for her inability to manage dates and shipping times that within her father's business "nimming the deadline" came to mean "passing the deadline" for a time.

Independent
When at last it was realized that Nim could not manage anything behind the scenes within a merchant empire, her father had instead put her at the helm of one of the frigates in the company's corsair fleet at the age of eighteen as a second mate. She swiftly rose through the ranks, proving herself to be a reliable and competent asset to the fleet. When she finally seized command of her own ship, often the first thing heard whenever anything went wrong was "Do I have to do everything myself? What's the point of a fucking crew?"

Loyal
To simply state that Nim is loyal would be a discredit to her dedication. Once her respect is gained, short of a sea change in the relationship, Nim will live and die by that person. Of course, her loyalty is not so easily gained, as it requires a degree of competence that few (other than herself, naturally) can muster.

Bold and Reckless
Why be the candle when you can be the bonfire? Nim's decisions tend to be straightforward, unquestionable ones with a focus on simplicity over everything else. As a child, when her father attempted to teach her sevack, an ancient game aimed at teaching methodical, rational planning and forward-thinking, the girl's first instinct had been to gamble everything on a handful of game-making plays. She won big or lost big, and while some habits die hard, some simply never die at all.

History and Relationships
separator.png

History:
Nimrielye's story does not begin with her birth. It extends two generations back to when her grandfather, at that time a commoner lacking a surname so poor was his family, made the voyage from Deltan to Encilis having recently enlisted in the corsair fleet of a mighty merchant prince. Over the course of almost ten years, her grandfather had garnered the respect of all of his superiors who quickly gave the man (then of twenty years) control of a small sloop meant to pass messages quickly in often hostile territory. It was a task he performed admirably, and little over a year later he vanished, stealing the sloop and lying low in the northern waters of Calidar lands.

From his small outpost located just out the Cenva fishing post, her grandfather began a smuggling business with what loyal crewmen he still possessed. He sailed by for little over a decade, evading corsairs, privateers, and naval patrols until finally his empire became too big to hide. Reinventing himself from Roben Sonofnone into Markus Elyen, altering the surname of a noble woman he fancied back in Encilis, he established himself as a merchant from the north wishing to start an enterprise in the self-proclaimed Land of Bounty. In the two years prior to his shift into legitimate business, he had ordered his fleet scuttled and sold for parts, rebuilding it with shipwrights of dubious morality from all around Calidar. By the time he arrived back Encilis, no one could recognize the once ragtag band of smugglers as anything other than sailors in a merchant fleet.

At thirty, he finally settled down and wed a minor noble who possessed relations to the Chercheur of city taxes. With her, he fathered three children, two boys and one girl. The eldest son perished at sea in a storm, and his daughter died of consumption at the age of sixteen. Left with his middle child, the most entrenched in the noble lifestyle, not at all the rough-and-tumble man his father was, he had little choice but to leave the business within the family and so, grudgingly enough, handed it over to this spoiled brat. At the age of fifty, Markus Elyen began writing his memoirs and retired.

Daedhar Elyen, though half the sailor his father had been, had proven to be a natural leader in the business. Under his watch, he consolidated what gains his father had made and expanded the shipping empire to handle most of the spice trade entering and leaving Encilis. By the time Nimrielye was born (the daughter of his favorite concubine, though to prevent a scandal he had swiftly married and claimed to have kept his fiance hidden for her right of privacy) the business had reached timidly into arms sales and secured an official contract from the government of Encilis.

As a girl, Nim was treated as an outsider for reasons she could never quite place. Raised more by her grandfather, who absolutely doted on the girl, seeing in her a "more natural sailor than my no-good son", she often took to sea with Markus, acting as lookout on the boat from the crow's nest. When at last her father had his first legitimate child, a boy, he had all but forgotten about his daughter, seeing her more as an inconvenience when entertaining guests. Nim was happy to leave him to his parties, preferring instead to live out on the seas and rivers of her homeland. When she came of age, with her brother still a sniveling four year old, it was expected she try her hand in the family business. She failed abysmally, causing much embarrassment to the family name. Wanting to rid himself of this liability and social pitfall, her father shipped the girl out of sight aboard a corsair frigate.

With her grandfather's lessons of seafaring and (though she never let it slip) fighting, Nim made a natural corsair captain, and was quickly promoted to one. It would be one of the last things her grandfather would live to witness, for a month after her 22nd name day, he passed away, bestowing a good deal of the corsair fleet he had maintained privately to his granddaughter. She sold the fleet back to her father and left her life of seafaring behind, taking a small ship and a handful of crew with her to explore the world with her small fortune. In her inattention to the greater world, she had neglected to pay much thought to this "Ogual" who seemed to have come straight out of a firelight tale. She had heard tale of the plague and of conflict in the north, but had yet to truly experience its effects. As she wandered the land, she learned of the truth, and could barely turn back around before she was accosted upon stopping in the Halturn shipping post. There, her crew was ambushed in the night by armed brigands and mostly slaughtered for refusing to give up the stores of gold.

Distraught, her ship burned at harbor, along with several others in the port, she began to sell her skill as a sellsword, journeying ever west-ward. Before year's end, she had encountered a mysterious figure claiming to speak for the little well-known group of dragon tamers further west in a place called Tetra Manor. Unable to talk the figure down, bribe it, or otherwise avoid it, Nim agreed begrudgingly enough, feeling the spark of new purpose bloom inside of her.

And the fear that came with it.

Relationships:
Markus Elyen//Grandfather//Deceased
Markus Elyen served as Nim's mentor, stand-in father, and ally throughout her entire life. It had been said the gruff man loved little other than his ship, his wife, and his granddaughter. She grieved his passing, but he had lived a full life, and even in death, given her something to do with herself.

Tomas Elyen//Father//46
Nim never respected her father much, particularly after spending time with Markus. He did himself no favors in shutting the girl out of his life completely. In their last exchange before she left to set sail, he had raged, screamed, and spat at her. He had called her nothing more than a whore's runt, and forcibly removed her from his quarters. She's borne a grudge ever since.

Brythuie Elyen//Step Mother//42
Disappointed that her only daughter had become an even more foul-mouthed replica of her grandfather, Nim's mother's outlook towards the girl was one of passive aggressive attempts to force the girl into changing. Though the two were never as openly hostile with one another as Nim had been with her father, their encounters were always tense and as short as humanly possible.

James Elyen//Brother//14
James and Nim never truly associated with one another. They had only shared a dinner table when the boy was too young to remember, and by the time he had grown capable of stating more than his need for sleep, food, water, or attention, Nim had dedicated herself to a life on the seas.

Geoffry Demaer//Lover//Deceased
Among the crew members to leave with her on her voyage westward, Geoffry had been among the first. The two had grown close in their time together aboard the corsair My Lady's Bitch, though Nim would have none of the "green boy's" talk of marriage and true love. Still, when bandits set upon her ship at harbor, she had found herself more than a little distraught at his brutal death at the end of a brigand's spiked mace.

Strengths, Weaknesses, Talents
separator.png

Strengths
Sure-Footed
Life aboard ships of all forms and sizes tends to make one more acquainted with their sense of balance and weight. Nim's a natural-born climber and incredibly difficult to trip or knock down for long.

Perceptive
Nim's eyes are sharp, but her sense of people is sharper. She can often tell when a person is lying, what their intentions are, and if they worth their salt in a matter of minutes after meeting them. At least, she has a pretty good shot at guessing them.

Nimble
Aboard a ship, armor only slows you down. Wired instincts and a quick hand often mean the difference between life and death, and Nim's got them both, just don't expect her to remember the day of the week.

Charismatic
Nim is, after a fashion, charismatic. Foul-mouthed and lewd, perhaps, but when she wants something, she knows how to beguile and charm her way to having it.

Weaknesses
Untrusting
Goes without saying that living as a legal form of pirate breeds a certain distrust. "Mutiny" and "betrayal" are always in the background of any captain's mind, and they always have to be on the lookout for it. After all, it's only paranoia if they really aren't out to get you.

Reckless
Nim's a gambler to the bone, and will not think before acting. It's gotten her into more hot water than it's saved her, but thinking is for scholars in their ivory towers.

Ruthless
It would do one well to avoid getting on Nim's bad side. She has always had a long streak of taking insults too personally, of taking everything to her personal honor. When she's slighted against, she will do everything in her power to tear down the offending party.

Short-Fused
Leave a ballista strung after an engagement? Spilled your wine on her table? Left your sword out to rust? Nim's temper is quick to ignite, and she's known to get quite physical when it explodes.

Skills
Swordsmanship
Nim's grandfather taught her a good deal of how to fight with a saber, and even after he shattered his hip and couldn't fight properly, had hired her a tutor to continue her education. She's a dangerously skilled opponent, but her weapon of choice is never exactly battle-hardened or meant for war.

Brawling
Every sailor prides himself on his ability to brawl, and Nim can rough it with the best of the lot. She knows when to roll with the punches and when to fight dirty. Out of habit, the woman always keeps a brass knuckle handy in case she needs that extra winning touch.

Seamanship
From the time she could walk and cling to things, Nim has been aboard ships. She knows how to sail them, how to maintain them, and how to destroy them. Her preferred vessel is the sloop, but she'll settle for a frigate any day. Just get those fat Man-O-Wars out of her sight...

Smuggling
True to her father's reputation, Nim took up smuggling while she worked as a corsair. She's naturally crafty and knows just where to hide valuables to prevent them from being found by prying eyes. It helps, of course, that patrol crews only have half a brain cell to share around the entire crew.

[/dash] [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Aegnor, orange, solid, Georgia"] [dash="goldenrod"]

Dragon Abilities
separator.png

Rage
The dragon channels its inner rage and expels it in a wave of potent heat akin to the aftermath of an explosion. With its rage released, the dragon turns berserk. Its flame burn hotter, its stamina increases tenfold, and pain becomes but a distant echo. Upon exiting this state, the accrued damage, strain and mistreatment will return with a vengeance.

Haze
Where there is smoke, there is fire. Rather, in the case of an Inferno Dragon, where there's fire, there's sure to be smoke. As a species, they exude more smoke than do their counterparts. As a means of self defense, an Inferno Dragon can spew out a cloud of toxic smoke to blind, choke, and disorient its enemies.

Cloak of Fire
It is difficult to harm an Inferno Dragon with the very fiber of its being. Their resistance to heat and flame is such that it is not uncommon for tales of fully grown Inferno Drakes bathing in lava as one might in a stream or lake. In times of need, they can use this natural resistance to their advantage and, quite literally, cloak themselves in flame, becoming a living incandescent ball of flame and smoke for a time.

Personality, Strengths and Weaknesses
separator.png

Personality
Haughty
Aegnor views himself, as his species is want to do, as a minor deity of sorts. Placed side by side with a noble of any of the realms of men, such would be his sense of arrogant pride that the noble may be described a beggar in lord's clothing. With this comes a natural-born confidence and bravado, even if it isn't always well-deserved.

Honorable
Though "honor" for a several-ton lizard may differ from the standards of "honor" among mortals, Aegnor views himself to be a gentleman first and foremost. His manner of speech is refined and astute, and after a fashion, he does abide by a loose set of morals and codes of conduct.

Single-Minded
Once Aegnor has set his sights on a goal, he will put aside everything else in pursuit of it. As a side effect, he is nearly incorruptible and incredibly driven. He is a natural born protector and bodyguard, often able to put his own survival instinct on hold for others without second thought.

Strengths
Resourceful Fighter
Aegnor, while being skilled in the brutal art of hand-to-hand combat, takes true pride in his ability to improvise and adapt to the situation at hand. He will use his tail, claws, fangs, and fiery breath to great effect, often in tandem with one another, taking advantage of his race's ability to survive self-ignition for extended periods without harm.

Perfectionist
While many will call his attention to minute failures overbearing at best or self-diminishing at worst, it is through a constant desire to reach perfection in all things that drives Aegnor to improve himself. It instills in him a sense of manifest destiny, and contributes to his ultimate sense of confidence.

Courageous
Whether you believe his bravery to be born of true courage or stupidity, one word that cannot be used to describe Aegnor is "coward." He will be the first in the breach and the last to withdraw, a fighter first in all but the direst of circumstances.

Weaknesses
Legendary Temper
Aegnor is both, literally and figuratively, hot-blooded. His rage is barely contained in most instances, and it takes very little to send the otherwise well-spoken, considerate dragon into a sprawling mess of rage, irony sinew, and fire.

Stubborn
As a member of a powerful, well-respect species, physical might and capability of breathing flame aside, Aegnor has developed a sense that his way is the correct way, particularly in dealings with humans. After all, how can a mere mortal comprehend his vision and decisions?

Competitive
It is not enough that Aegnor succeed in a task. He must be the first and the best at that task, no exceptions. His competitive nature has been the source of much discourse and, in a few instances, brawls have broken out at the onset of failing to meet his own impeccable standards.

[/dash][/fieldbox]

pomona.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]Pomona Ayelet Muldell [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Female | 26 | Otamur Escapee & Travelling Sellsword [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Physicality[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Eyes [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Blue Right // Green Left[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hair [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Silver//White[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Height[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] 5' 6"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weight [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]150 lb[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Choppy white hair falls briskly to slender, sloping shoulders in various waves, barely touching her surprisingly pale flesh in the barest hint of a whisper before lengthening into only mildly extended tendrils that reach just between sharp shoulder blades in her mid-back. The top half is pulled back into a messy knot on the back of her head that oftentimes falls into a thrown-together ponytail, revealing a pale face covered with light freckles, mismatched eyes, and a harsh scar dipping across her left cheekbone. A long, straight nose stretches over thicker, pinked lips and angular chin, which shadows over a long, slender neck and deep collarbone. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]She is a mild height, not short - but also not very tall. Slender with lithe, quick-acting muscles, she stands with an almost cat-like disposition, seemingly always ready to pounce. This slim body is dressed very simply with a white tunic, leather pants and gloves and simple leather corset. Her single, silvery blade is strapped across her back loosely, and simple leather boots cover her feet. She typically wears no other clothing.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Upon becoming a part of the Order, Pomona does gain a suit of armor that fits her like a glove. A mixture of Platemail and Ringmail - with thick leather around her waist and chest/neck area, the suit covers all but the top part of her neck and her head. Because a helmet obstructs her view, however, she refuses to wear one. [/BCOLOR]

She wields a single longsword of simple steel with a plain, but unique design as the pommel.
afavgv2peekenrpwixs6.jpg

Her typical appearance is also plain, much like her sword, but at the same time quite unique to her.
the_witcher_3_wild_huntciri.jpg

The armor granted to her upon becoming a member of the Order is a little more elaborate, mixing ringmail, platemail, and leather in a one-of-a-kind display. Surprisingly, this armor seems to have been made specifically for her.
145649315216764393.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Mentality[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Brash[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] || Confident || Arrogant[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Pomona knows she is a capable warrior, despite her lack of "proper" training, and she is very quick to show this off. She can oftentimes come off as obnoxious and downright rude in her knowledge of her own ability, and she can be quite quick to lecture in the right techniques, even when not asked of her opinion. While this particular trait is hard to swallow, she has the ability to learn, with time, that her opinion is not always needed.[/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Quick || Clever || Astute[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Over the years of travelling alone, Pomona has picked up quite a large amount of facts about the world around her. She is quick on her feet, able to assess a situation and give an opinion about it. She knows how and when to act to something, and in certain situations, when not to act. She can be witty with her tongue and sometimes able to wriggle herself out of bad situations. She knows how to talk to others, what emotions to trigger in what situations, and, sometimes, even how to calm others down. Most of the time, however, she does not take advantage of this ability, as her brash behavior often riles her up faster than her clever mind can keep her cool and collected.[/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Adventurous || Intrepid || Impulsive[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A thirst for action keeps Pomona going in most cases. She loves any kind of adventure, for it keeps her mind working and her body moving. She hates anything slow and has a tendency to pace when she is not actively working. She lives for the next fight, the next daring showcase of her own talents and abilities, and will leap at any chance to see some kind of action. She cares more for physical battle than the battle of minds, as many of these battles often bring up history - which she cares not to think about. When settling disputes, she much prefers the dueling technique over anything else.[/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Reticent || Unforthcoming || Guarded[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]One thing Pomona never does is share in memories. She has a deep unwillingness to talk about herself and will quickly change the subject. No one seems to know where she's from, how she got any of her scars, or why she is the way she is. She is most comfortable around people who do not ask her questions, and she prefers talk of strategy over anything else. She refuses to speak of her own feelings, and she doesn't even seem to enjoy reminiscing in other people's memories, whether good or bad. [/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Unbending || Headstrong || Stubborn[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]One of Pomona's most prominent features is probably her surprisingly unrelenting will to survive and fight another day. She is tenacious about everything and never seems to soften herself towards others. While she has never put herself in a grave amount of danger, she never seems to know when to quit when it comes to fighting, even if it means pushing her body beyond its breaking point. Foolish, some might say.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Attributes[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]~ [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Scale Ward[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] ~[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Upon making the bond with Katla, Pomona gains the bonded ability pertaining to Diamond Skin. With this ability, she will be able to activate a sort of ward over her own skin, making it harden and tougher to damage. At first, this will only allow for minor damage resistance and only to physical attacks, such as a punch that would typically bruise does not. However, as this ability grows stronger, Pomona's skin will eventually be able to even take a great deal of mana-based attacks on top of physical abuse, even from sharp objects.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Skills & Abilities[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Elegance of the Sword - Having used the same blade for the last ten years, Pomona has picked up a sort of elegance in her usage of it. The blade, itself, being somewhat short and lightweight, seems to dance around her like a ribbon, as lithe and graceful as she is. Perhaps it is her elegance with her sword that is the reason for her choice in rarely ever using a shield. Her use of the same weapon, however, reveals a rather odd sort of awkwardness when using any other kind of weapon - even another sword.[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Endurance of the Beast - A nomad by nature, Pomona seems to have a high endurance for long treks of almost any kind. She can survive in the wilds for nights at a time before having to stop at an inn, gather what she needs until she gets to her next destination, and fight her way to her next pay. While she does not know how to hunt, she has picked up quite a few tricks on both the battlefield and beneath the stars.[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Flexibility of the Cat - Pomona has a surprisingly immense amount of control over her body and its movements. Spending every morning in a meditative state where she pushes her mind to better control her muscles, she has taught herself a great deal of balance, restraint, and stamina over the last ten years. By pushing her body beyond what her mind believes to be its limits, she has shown herself to be quite flexible, which certainly comes in handy on more than one occasion.[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Focused Strike - The more focused the warrior, the more precise the strikes. Pomona has learned the art of focus while in battle, and with this art, she is able to determine the greatest places to strike for many positions in battle.[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Dexterous Dodging - The smaller and faster the target, the harder it is to hit. While Pomona has been known to sacrifice armor for speed and dexterity, she has the ability to learn how to dodge with armor on. She is quick and agile, and her smaller stature can also help by making her a slightly smaller target.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Strengths[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Smooth as Silk - While she isn't much for talking, she is quite good at it. Her words are like a little drizzle of honey into hot tea, soothing and absolutely delectable. Of course, this isn't ALWAYS the case. In fact, it can be just as often NOT the case as it is.[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Quick Wit - Not only is this good for her ability to wriggle her way out of sticky situations, but it also keeps her mind sharp enough for her to learn quicker than normal. She is quite the clever girl.[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Small-ish - Perhaps she isn't the shortest woman of the bunch...but she is slender and lithe with a surprising grace about her. She is fast on her feet, great at dodging, and not as big of a target on her own as many others in her profession.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Weaknesses[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Internal Tragedy - Pomona's early years were not the greatest, and as time ticked on, the fire grew to the point of roasting even her. She does not like to talk about herself because she does not want to speak of the horrible nightmares she endures every night or the fact that the cry of a baby sends her into terrifying fits of panicked sobs. She keeps herself from truly knowing those around her for the fear of becoming attached to someone she could only lose again. This troubles her even in her bond with her dragoness, Katla.[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]External Scars - While she won't speak of the many scars across her pale flesh, she has a surprising amount of them. From the deep gash on her left cheek to the massive explosion of scarring on her right side, she obviously has a potentially large amount of stories to tell...if only she would give them. Of course, scars are brought about by previous injuries, and some of them still haunt her today - such as the seemingly painful breaths she sometimes draws in and the trouble in higher skies for longer periods of time.[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Small-ish - While being small makes one particularly faster in most cases as well as less of a target for others, when a smaller person takes a blow, it usually does a bit more damage. For Pomona, this is completely true, which is probably why she's spent so much time learning how to control her body. Even after gaining her armor, taking blows seems to hurt more than some others in the Order.[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Claustrophobic - Perhaps it was due to the tiny house she had to live in during her childhood...or maybe it was simply her life as a nomad beneath an open sky. For some reason or another - one that she would never explain, of course - she is terrified of being anywhere that is not open to the skies for longer than a night or two. Underground seems particularly hard to handle. It sends tingles up her arms and across her back, to the point that she starts to hallucinate in complete paranoia. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Brief History[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]~Make do with what is Given~[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]For many of the citizens in the grand capital of Otamur, life was considered wonderful. It was a mighty and prosperous city, and all loved life. Like any city, though, there were the poor and the bitter. There were the broken and the torn. There were those who had dreams of greater things...and those whose dreams had been shattered. Not everyone was happy and prosperous...not even in the mightiest of cities. Especially not when the great Otamur was on the brink of destruction.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Kythricks family was not prosperous, and they were not one to love life in the grand city of Otamur. Yet they did their best to see the brighter side of things. Upon the birth of their only daughter, who they named Pomona after the brightness of Spring, their spirits were lifted, and they learned to see the light in things a little better. Fleur began a tiny garden in the broken cobblestone around her house, tilling the tiny bits of soil around her house and planting precious seeds. Erick managed to find a job in the markets helping a merchant sell his goods. It was a meager wage, but seemingly enough to keep food in their bellies and the roof mostly repaired above their heads. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Pomona's early years were hard on her, but she was happy all the same. Seeing the shining armor of the city guards gave her a dream, and she chased it as best she could. As a young girl, she would make a wooden sword and chase away the vermin near the guard posts. Though clumsy, the guards began to find the small child cute in her adoration of them and even began to give her lessons when all was seemingly calm. She made fast friends with some of them and even got to see other parts of the city, not just the dark, dreary slums she lived in.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The other children were harsh and cruel, many of them resorting to petty thievery and bullying anyone smaller than them. Pomona, being one of the only girls born in the more recent years, took the brunt of their behavior. Still, she kept strong and did her best to keep them at bay. This would oftentimes result in quite a few bruises and cuts, but she would always come back home with her head held high, her confidence bubbling. At least, that was until her parents would scold her for being so violent a girl. She, after all, would have to be a lady if she were to get out of the place she was raised in.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Her parents only wanted what was best for her, of course. They spent as much of their savings as possible on making their daughter a "lady," and sending her to the better parts of the cities to show off how lovely a woman she was. Naturally, she hated it. She didn't want to be a posh woman who spent all her time complaining about her existence. She wanted to be an adventurer. A soldier. A woman of might and prowess. It seemed impossible for her parents to understand this, though, no matter how hard she tried.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In the years that followed her existence as a dreaming child, Pomona did finally find something she loved more than the thought of being a soldier. During one of her trips to the more refined parts of the city, she met a young man by the name of Nathan. While he was not a lord by any means, nor were his family rich, he was strong and capable. Having already signed up for an apprenticeship as a physician, the boy was going to make great leaps in his future, were the fates kind enough to let him. He found her beyond beautiful and immediately asked her name.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She was shy at first, having never truly made a pleasant interaction with someone more her age. Her name was whispered from behind curled, white locks as rose colored her cheeks behind the freckles. Still, he smiled kindly, his dark eyes sparkling. "I'm Nathan...it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Pomona." He asked where she was from. At first, she lied and said she lived nearby. He accepted it and asked no further questions, offering to walk with her around the city. The day blossomed into weeks...then months. By the time she was 14 years old, she was smitten.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]~Better to have Loved and Lost~[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Their months reached a year, and still Pomona had trouble admitting her origin...or her love of a young physician's assistant to her parents. Instead of prancing off to the designated areas, she would go to meet the boy she had grown to love. Each time she went to meet him, she wore the same gown - for she only owned the one. Each time, her cheeks would be washed. And because she spent considerably less time around the guard posts, she was never really bullied - so she never had bruises or cuts on her face. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This, of course, meant that her dream of becoming a soldier or guardswoman was put on hold. She stopped practicing, and the guards missed her dearly. But, for a small moment in time, Pomona was happy - happier than she had ever been.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Their love pushed them into daring situations. They would sneak away and keep secrets for the adrenaline of it. They would take the night by storm and watch how Otamur changed when the stars twinkled. Their passion set upon them like a wildfire, and before they knew it, their lives had changed completely.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The sickness held fast to Pomona, and she couldn't bear to be in the house when her mother cooked even her most favorite meal, pea soup. She knew what this had meant and immediately raced to Nathan. She bore everything to him, where she was actually from, how poor her family was, and her dreams of a future. What little reputation she had managed to build for herself would easily have been ruined if anyone found out about her unexpected pregnancy. So, he proposed to do the one thing he could do to protect her. He asked her to marry him. Naturally, she accepted.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]While not a rich lord, Nathan was still in a better position than Erick, so Pomona's parents accepted the proposal, though stunned that they had not known about her meeting with the young man. Within a fortnight, the couple was wed...within eight months, the baby was born. Though early by everyone else's perspective, little Amaya Rose was right on time for the new couple.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In the background, the city was starting to waste away. It was no longer the sparkling city it had once been. Tales of people losing their minds and darkness spreading caused bits of panic all over the streets, and many people began to flee in hopes of avoiding the strange occurrences. The new family, however, did not have the money to go anywhere else, and little Amaya was still so tiny and frail. They remained, and their happiness was like a tiny beacon in a sea of ever-growing darkness.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]That beacon of light and hope, however, was not enough to save Otamur...for with the fall of Juraen and the month-long raid of soulless creature with the faces of many friends and loved ones came the fall of the great city.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]For Pomona's family, the earlier days of the raid were the hardest. Like mindless zombies with an anger so dark, it was smothering, they ran at homes and burned them, tore people limb from limb, and caused the greatest amounts of chaos they could. The Kythricks family was one of the first to perish, having been on the very outside of the city, closest to the walls. Because she had moved into a home near Nathan's parents, Pomona and her family were safe for a few more days. She did not know about her parents' deaths until much later. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Into the sewers, Pomona! We must get Amaya out of this city before it falls!" He grabbed the baby, and with nothing more than the clothes on their backs, they slipped away as quickly and quietly as possible. They had no idea that the creatures were everywhere.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She can still hear the screams of her husband as he tried desperately to save his infant daughter...she can hear the cries of the babe she was helpless to rescue. All went dark that fateful moment when she watched the darkness consume her beloved family. All hope drained from her, she seemed to have died that moment...and somehow, miraculously, the creatures simply trudged over her, thinking that she had simply died like the rest.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She awoke to blood and feces. There was no hoarde, only its remnants. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]When she finally managed to get out of the long tunnels that made up the city sewers, she found herself near a river in the mountains. On the horizon, she could see the remains of the city, fires still lit on homes and families. Her heart was empty, her eyes as dull as her mind.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She was only sixteen years old.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]~Find a Purpose~[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]For ten years, Pomona wandered aimlessly. At first, she picked up odd jobs in order to make enough money to do more with herself. When she had enough, she managed to buy a simple longsword. It wasn't the best of blades, but it worked. She began working as a sellsword with her limited knowledge. At first, the jobs were slow, but soon, she took off, making enough money to get herself around Gladius. She got to see Illos, which was something she had never dreamed she would be able to do.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]While her heart still ached, she was able to do something to keep her mind off of it. She kept herself shut tight from those around her, never speaking of where she came from. She simply did the jobs she was paid to do and moved on. Spending most of her nights beneath the stars, she grew accustomed to surviving on her own, learning which plants were poisonous and which were not. She figured out ways to keep herself warm on the colder nights, and this allowed for only a few stops at inns at month. Most stops resulted in a job and ended with a hot meal and comfortable bed. Yet, a part of her enjoyed the ground moreso.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Finally, after five or so years in Gladius, she made the leap to the other side of the mountains, having picked a job that would carry her to Sylvis. While she never did get to see Calidar, she vowed she would soon enough see it for herself. She had no idea that Destiny had greater things in mind.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She wandered aimlessly through the northern part of the Ancient Woods, her heart being tugged farther North for no explainable reason. Without thought, she followed it, fear filling her very being. It was here that she met a strange, old man who spoke in all sorts of riddles. He told her to follow him to find her purpose, and she did, having nowhere else to really go. For a few hours, she walked, meeting a second along the way - a woman she would come to know as Illyria. What came next, she could have never imagined.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Her mind was warm and full of comfort, sparking a flame within the heart of Pomona for the first time in ten years. Her body glittered and gleamed like magnificent gemstones, and her eyes shimmered with kindness. Their bond was stronger than all of the broken memories that had shattered the warrior so very long ago. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It took them time to adjust to life, but Katla had become Pomona's new purpose. She had a reason to go on, now, and her dream had been more than fulfilled - she was not just a soldier...she was a dragon tamer. A noble and mighty warrior with the power of magic and the bond of a valiant creature. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]While it did not fill the hole left by her family, it did help to heal the tattered mind that had remained lost and alone for so long. She once again had someone to watch out for, and someone to watch out for her. She had someone to share the world with and to give love to, even though it took her time and a great deal of effort to actually give her love away again.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Their start was a bumpy one. Katla was extremely overprotective, fearing that her precious, fragile tamer would be broken forever. Pomona was guarded, building a wall that blocked even her newly bonded dragon out. Due to this, the leader of the New Order, a man by the name of Merrik Tetra, decided to take them to an old temple, where Pomona's wall was torn down, and Katla learned to back off just a little. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Though their time together has been quite short, the pair has grown by leaps and bounds. Pomona's basic skills with a sword has become rather masterful, despite her bad habits still getting in the way. She has made fast friends with some, though she does not share much in the way of her past or what she is feeling. She knows the names of all within the Order and hopes to be as friendly with them as Katla is with their dragons.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Since Katla, Pomona has found purpose again...and a need to finally put her family to rest. Now, she has a goal...and she will do everything in her power to reach it.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Relationships[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Fleur & Erick Kythricks || Mother & Father || Deceased[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]While they were not the poorest in Otamur, Pomona's parents were nowhere near the richest. Still, they did the best they could to raise their only daughter well and give her realistic expectations of the world. Life was hard for them, and it ended so very abruptly.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Nathan Muldell || Husband || Deceased[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Their love was swift and full of passion, and while their marriage was hastened greatly by their unexpected pregnancy, Pomona could not have been happier. Like the loss of her parents, however, Nathan's life ended abruptly with the fall of Otamur.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Amaya Rose Muldell || Daughter || Deceased[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Her life was so very short, but it was full of light, love, and hope for the new couple. Mere months after her birth, however, Amaya perished along with everyone else.[/BCOLOR]

Merrik Tetra || Friend & Leader
The second person Pomona met on the Order, following the one who made the Bond with her dragon at the same time, Merrik became a fast friend and trusted ally. While Pomona does not yet show any interest in sharing her past with him, she had been known to seek him for any advice or simply a friendly conversation. It also helps that Katla adores Obsidian Nova as much as she does.

Illyria Renthir || Friend & Comrade
Having made a fast friendship over their mutual entrance into the New Order, Pomona and Illyria find themselves spending a good amount of time together. Illyria was quick to introduce herself, and though Pomona has not been quick to reveal much more than her name, she has taken some curiosity to the woman.

2ecqeqt.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Katla[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Female | Vanity Dragon[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Physicality & Mentality[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Species Description[/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Though its name may lead one to believe this dragon is bright and friendly, they may, in fact, be the exact opposite. Spawning from the deep gemstone caves of the ancient mountains, from long before the earth was stripped of its valuables, the amethyst dragons are creatures of vanity. Most of these dragons are consumed by their appearance and prefer the company of their own reflection to that of anything else. They hide deep in the bio-illuminated caves and collect the beautiful gemstones for their private hoard. But there are others of the breed that are the exact opposite; their greed is turned to charity, their life of seclusion exchanged for one of companionship; they long for tamers to share their long collected gemstones with.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Their scales are a deep, rich purple color with small gemstones embedded into them from years and years spent rolling in their lavish collections. On the rare occasions that sunlight should hit their bodies, they shine like glittering beasts from the depths of the earth. Their wings are silvery and metallic, a beautiful contrast to the deep hues of their body, their eyes are the colour of rubies. They are thin dragons with not so many muscles as sharp features. They are the most beautiful of the dragon breeds and they know it. They view themselves in the highest regards and admire only their trainers; they protect and guard their humans in the same vicious manner as their secret hoard. They are feisty and vicious and if offended, they will ruthlessly slash the fool who voiced the insult. Their fire is bright purple.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Unique Appearance[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Unlike many of her species, Katla had the unfortunate mutation of albinism that left most of what was supposed to be a brilliant, violet hide pale white with colorless, translucent scales. Her crest and legs - particularly around her talons - are prone to extreme dirtiness, giving her an almost dirt brown appearance in areas that are hard to clean. The areas of white that still remain uncovered are extremely prone to sunburn and can cause pain if she is not careful to cover herself properly. Due to this mutation, she is not able to take pride in her appearance like many of her ancestors. Still, she keeps the areas of herself that are a deep, violet hue pristine and sparkling. The violet spikes that run from the tip of her nose down to the end of her tail only seem to dull in the area that has shaped itself for a perfect seat for her tamer - which only happened upon making the Bond with Pomona. All other crystalline parts shimmer in any kind of light. Her wings, though appearing to be made of crystal as well, are thin and webbed like any other dragon. Her talons are frighteningly long and brilliantly violet, as sharp and hard as any diamond. She is bulky like many of her kind, but a more slender version of the Amethyst. She has thick muscles, particularly at the shoulders, legs, and wings, giving a show as to just how much physical power she possesses, even for a smaller version of this particular breed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The most brilliant part of Katla's appearance is her head, which shimmers even on her nose. A single pair of sharp horns stretch from the back of this pencil-tipped face in exactly the same length as the head and glow at the ends. Her eyes seem to light in complete darkness, one the color of a deep, hearty flame, the other seemingly white and endless, like a diamond. When angered, the glowing intensifies, and when feeling sensations of calm and happiness, it dims to show the slitted, cat-like pupils. Beneath her chin is a beard of lighter amethyst scales that stretch down like armored plates down her long, thin neck all the way to her crest, which glow dimly with the sparkling mana of the dragoness and the potential flames she carries within her. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality[/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Daring || Audacious || Plucky[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Despite her challenges, Katla is a very bold and surprisingly courageous dragoness. She loves to put herself forth and present herself to any new challenge she can. Even if this poses certain risks to her own well-being, she enjoys doing new things and finding new ways to do even the simplest of tasks. She is inventive and cares more for seeing the world than protecting herself. Since she was little, she has never been one to hide away in some cave forever. Though...caves are really, very nice things.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Protective || Attentive || Maternal[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]When it comes to those she cares for, Katla can act like sort of a "mother hen." She is fiercely defensive and will do everything to make sure all that she loves remains safe and unharmed. She guards friends like they are the gemstones piled in her stall, and her clutchmates are particularly adored - even Aegnor. Upon making the Bond, she realizes her most prized of gems and guards it with a ferocity that is actually quite frightening - and very overbearing, according to her tamer. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sociable || Gregarious || Outgoing[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Though her breed is a more reclusive type, Katla is quite a social creature, enjoying the company of others much like the hoard of gemstones she keeps to herself. She cherishes each friend like shimmering gems and does her best to give each of her friends and siblings a better outlook on the world. She loves to see the beauty in everything and tries to find a silver lining in the worst of situations. She will go out of her way to make a friend and keep one, and the ones she has made are kept close. It is rare to see Katla all alone, and when she is, it is either because she is sleeping (or trying to sleep), or something is very wrong.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Trustworthy || Honest || Dependable[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Katla is they type to always tell the truth. She is strong and reliant to her friends and those she cares for. However, this also means she is not the best with secrets - though as long as no one specifically asks about a secret (or anything involving a secret), she is usually good at keeping one. Her will is as strong as her thick body - stronger than stone. Like steel...but prettier, as she puts it.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Loyal || Dutiful || Steadfast[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]If there is one thing Katla possesses the most of, it is a sense of purpose. Since her hatching, she has known her duty to Illos and the people of it. She has accepted this duty almost happily and trains heartily every day for it. She puts her best foot forward and never backs down from her responsibility. She is faithful to her friends, and as long as her trust is not broken, she remains so. She takes pride in her purpose, and as long as she has this, she is happy.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Attributes[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Abilities[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Attract - The dragon's magnificence is hard to resist to most creatures, but when the dragon deliberately tries to impress others the effect is hypnotizing. Those of the opposite gender are mesmerized, luckily humans are only slightly affected by this.[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Diamond Skin - These stunning creatures have evolved, over millions of years spent smothering themselves in their beloved diamonds, to have a scales hard enough that their beauty would not be tarnished by the stones' sharp edges. Nothing can penetrate the scales on most of their body.[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Sound Hound - After an eternity of dwelling in a cave these dragons' ears have become overly sensitive to the sounds of the world about the ground, they can hear even a mouse scurry across the ground up to a kilometre away.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Strengths[/BCOLOR]
  • Sight in Darkness - Being a breed that naturally lives in the darkness of underground cave systems, Katla has the sight of her ancestors, able to see in the dimmest of lights and even, in certain circumstances, in no light at all - if only for a short time.
  • Breathtaking Beauty - While most of her body is strange and white, parts covered in dirt partly for protection and partly due to her inability to maintain them, certain areas contain the brilliant beauty of the most beautiful dragon breed. With her bubbly personality, this beauty seems to shine even brighter.
  • Perception - Being a naturally attentive creature, Katla is quite good at keeping an open eye and ear on everything. She is able to pick up on things that others may not be able to notice right away, making her quite a valuable asset at times.
[BCOLOR=transparent]Weaknesses[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Albinism - Due to the mutation that forced her scales into translucent, hueless mess, Katla is very prone to sunburn. At times, it can get to be so painful for her that she must spend days and sometimes even weeks without seeing the sun. Because of this, she oftentimes covers her clear scales and white hide with dirt and mud to protect her, which makes her feel very nasty, indeed.[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Self-Conscious - While it's typically not noticeable when one first gets to know Katla, she is very aware that she is different from what she was supposed to be. After all, the tales of the Amethyst are legend - their beauty immeasurable. Hers, however, is very measurable, which makes her feel very inadequate.[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Smaller - Nowhere near the largest of the dragon breeds, Katla is a smaller dragon. While this can make her quite maneuverable, it can also make her prone to a greater deal of damage. While her scales are nearly impenetrable by sharp objects, blunt trauma can still do massive amounts of damage to her.[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Flight - While she longs to be one of the better flyers, Katla's underground nature has not made her breed the best equipped for long journeys or strong maneuvers. Though she has spent a long time in training to get better at this, she is still nowhere near as good as the better flyers in the wing.[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent]Overprotective - Because she is naturally possessive over anything and everything she cares about, she can be quite smothering at times. This has been the cause of some misery among the other dragons and particularly for her tamer, yet she never seems to notice this flaw about herself.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Relationships[/BCOLOR]

Obsidian Nova || Leader & Source of Inspiration
While Katla would never admit to her particular liking of the much older drake, she does seem to spend a great deal of time fawning over him. Perhaps it is the way his dark scales seem to fade into the night sky, while hers shimmer in the sunlight...or maybe it is the great strength he shows her and the other dragons any time he leads or does anything, really. No matter what, Katla loves talking to Nova, and she finds him to be her greatest source of strength and inspiration.

Aerarya || Flighty Friend
While the flighty dragoness seems to treat her sibling as more of a role model than a friend, Katla greatly appreciates her company and takes particular time out of her day to spend with her. She does enjoy a good hunt with a friend, and she's always been fond of Aerarya's beautiful flying skills, something Katla lacks in great quantities. A part of her is jealous that she was not born a dragon of the skies, but at the same time, she respects the fact that another dragon has skills in areas she does not.

Mirazh || Intellectual Friend
While he is not one for much chatting, Mirazh loves to gush about the things he has learned about his tamer and the secrets of the world around him. While not quite the smarty that A'untyr is, he is much more respectful than the gold, and thus a good source of interesting conversation.

Last edited:
Alder.png

Alder Balthazar Grey
Male | 32 | Otamur Sentinel

Physicality
[dash=#800000]
[dash=#800000]
Eyes
Steel Blue

Hair
Dark Brown

Height
6' 5" (approx 196 cm)

Weight
230 lb (approx 104 kg)

Appearance
A man built like a bull, Alder is tall and bulky in most senses. His thick, strong muscles are well-honed for great endurance, though lacking in flexibility, and almost vibrate with physical strength. A rounded face is framed brilliantly with thick, dark brown locks of course hair and a well-groomed beard that has begun to gray prematurely, creating two lines of silver. Steely blue eyes stare out from beneath bushy eyebrows, showing a great deal of emotion that cannot be put into words. Strong, square shoulders bear the weight of heavy armor as well as a sword and shield. His presence is intimidating at best and nightmare-inducing at worst, for just in the way he holds himself, he comes across as a mean individual.

When not wearing armor, Alder can be seen with or without a tunic, his bronzed skin a great contrast to his surprisingly dark hair. His hands are thick and calloused from a life of training for battle, scarred from constant cuts and broken fingers. His torso is littered with scars, as are his legs, particularly his left knee, which has seen quite a bit of damage. Still, strangely enough, his face seems to be devoid of any scarring, save a minor cut above his right brow.
[/dash]
[/dash]

Mentality
[dash=#800000]
[dash=#800000]
Honorable || Dependable || Noble
Whether in the line of duty or simply towards a friend, Alder shows a greatly admirable personality in his outlook towards life. He never breaks a promise, and he always provides a shoulder to lean on, even in the worst of times. He is a man of trust, respect, and high moral intentions in all that he does. While he can admit to a few mistakes made, he does his best to always right his wrongs and oftentimes the wrongs of others. He is a beacon of light, hope, and sacrifice, willing to stand up for the things he believes in - even if it means he is the only one to be standing. Most importantly, though, he is always there to back up a friend - even if it means telling that friend they were wrong.

Humble || Respectful || Modest
Not really one to speak of his own feats of heroism, Alder prefers to take the side road in the path of battle and friendship. He is respectful of his greaters and shows that respect in everything he does. He is not one to blatantly speak his mind if he feels it's not his place, which often means he is silent around his comrades. He is a supporter - a man to which others can come at any time. Yet, he is not one to search for support when he needs it, preferring to be the wall behind the strongest of men. He is not a diplomatic many by any means, nor is he very charismatic, but he is good at showing his leaders the respect he feels they deserve, no matter who those leaders are at the time he is serving.

Calculative || Cautious || Disciplined
In everything he does - every move he makes, every word he says - Alder is very cautious and disciplined. He calculates all possibilities before saying words or making any form of actions, particularly when battling, knowing that for every action, there is a consequence. He treads lightly, especially in new situations, and it can often take him a great deal of time to get comfortable in new surroundings, despite having moved around so much in the last few years. He is always on his guard, ready to react at the slightest form of danger, and his mind is as disciplined as his body, able to shift his thoughts when necessary. In battle, he is a tactition at heart, able to think strategies through and talk them over with his comrades and leaders when necessary in order to give the best possible way to win.

Withdrawn || Aloof || Introverted
Not only is Alder not one to talk about himself - he's really not one to talk much at all. It takes him a great deal of time to warm up to most people, and before he can warm up to people, he must first feel comfortable in his current situation. He can come off quite cold and reticent, as though he wears his emotions on his sleeve, but what most cannot see is the great deal of turmoil that he suffers every day and night. He hates seeing the pity in the eyes of others, and he wants to appear strong and unwavering, no matter the consequences to himself, and after so long of doing just that, it's second nature to hide himself behind a wall just like he hides behind his shield in the toughest of battles.

Compassionate || Empathetic || Sensitive
Despite all of his barriers, Alder is a very soft-hearted man who wishes for nothing more than to see the smiles on the faces around him. He wants to be a beacon of hope for others in the hard times they've come to live in, and more than anything, he wants to drive away the darkness within the hearts of men and women everywhere. He can't bear to see a woman cry, and despite his courteous nature, he will do his very best to bring comfort to others when they need it. And despite the fact that he would never openly admit it, he has a complete adoration for any small, fluffy creatures.​
[/dash]
[/dash]

Attributes
[dash=#800000]
[dash=#800000]
~Sentinel's Valor~
Like Andraste, Alder can take quite a few hits before going down. Upon making the Bond with her, this great asset is heightened in the form of her Essence of Valor, allowing his sword and shield to be infused with mana to make each hit stronger with each hit sustained.​
Strengths
  • Natural Strategist - While he may not be the quickest to come up with a solution to a problem, Alder has always had a mind to calculate and decide the best route to take. This has come in handy quite often during his life as a soldier, sentinel, and spy.
  • Perceptive - More often than not, Alder is able to get a general read on the people he meets and can store that information to be used later on, particularly on building friendships if he finds the drive to do so. He is keen on the cues of lying versus telling the truth, which can certainly come in handy when approaching an unknown person. Add this to the fact that he is always aware of his surroundings, and he can be quite the valuable asset.
  • Loyalty - To the cause of finding peace, Alder has an unwavering loyalty that will drive his zealous nature into overdrive. He has a natural love of making others feel strong and happy, and his greatest desire is to see all of Illos thrive again. He will do anything to make that happen.
Skills
  • Endurance - Having grown quite used to trekking many miles per day in heavy plate armor, carrying a shield and sword, Alder is not one to falter easily. He can stand all day without falling out, and while it may take him some time to get used to the prospect of flying, he will slowly grow accustomed and become one of the better long-distance fliers.
  • Sword and Shield - Having been trained as a guard, watchman, and soldier, Alder has a great affinity in the art of blocking before hitting. He is quick in counterattacks, using his shield as both a weapon and a tool to keep hits from making their way through his armor. He is sure-footed, heavily rooted into the ground beneath him, and while he may not be the fastest at hitting back, when he does hit, he hits hard.
  • Tank - Alder is a large man, strong and capable of taking quite a few hits before really feeling the damage. He is much harder than most to take down, and he hits harder than most others of his size - not to mention those who are significantly smaller. He has been known to knock a man or two off their feet. Of course, even he has his limits, and sometimes, he can't quite see them before it's too late.
  • Defensive Mana - Upon making the bond with Andraste, Alder comes to notice his particular affinity with Defensive spells, particularly with his own shield. While he can't seem to get any form of offensive mana to work, he is quite the natural when it comes to defense.
Weaknesses
  • Nightmares - Every night, Alder sees the faces of the people he could not save, tearing apart the hope he so desperately clings to. Fire still brings a great fear to him, and having spent the greater part of ten years on the edge of the madness that has been spreading from Otamur since the city fell, that plague has slowly crept into his own mind, depriving him of many hours of sleep per night. While, to a certain degree, he has gotten used to it, this can sometimes be reflected in the way he holds himself the next day. It's always noticeable in his sweaty - even clammy - skin or even in the way he walks when the nightmares are getting bad.
  • Bad Knees - During the fall of Otamur, Alder blew out his left knee, leaving the knee cap almost completely behind the joint for an hour before he could take a moment to pop it back in place. Since then, it's been significantly weaker, and he will sometimes have a great deal of trouble walking. While his right knee has managed to hold strong so far, it - too - is beginning to ache at the strain.
  • Past His Prime - No longer in his mid twenties, Alder is feeling the effects of aging hit in aching joints and slower movements. He is no longer a strapping, young lad, and he sometimes shows that in the way he moves. Despite this fact, though, he does his best to keep up with the younger men.
  • Slow & Methodical - No longer a man who absolutely must press onward, Alder is slow and decisive in everything he does. This means in how he fights, he is not the fastest to swing his sword or raise his shield. In how he thinks, he is not the swiftest to make a decision. This, in particular, drives his dragon crazy.
  • Insecure - Despite his great desire to make friends with the people around him, Alder is so used to being withdrawn from everyone that he doesn't know exactly how to speak to others. He has trouble accepting his faults, afraid that others won't like him as much if they knew the secrets he held and the failures he's made. He's constantly berating himself, saying he can do better, even when he's doing his very best.
[/dash]
[/dash]

Past & Present
[dash=#800000]
[dash=#800000]
Brief History
Many years ago, when peace still lit the skies of Otamur, a baby boy was born to a noble family in the upper class of the great city. While his parents lived relatively simple lives in their higher standing, he dreamed of serving the king in what he deemed a braver way.

Alder was not one to dilly dally. As a child, he was always moving, always learning. He loved to swing his wooden sword, and oftentimes, he would sit at his window, watching the King's Sentinels march by towards the castle. That's what he would do, he would say. And that is exactly what he did. At the age of sixteen, he joined the ranks of the King's Army, and he met his new mentor, a man by the name of Ser Baern. Taking Alder under his wing, Baern taught him everything he knew. Alder learned to wield his shield just as he did his sword. "A shield can be as much a weapon as it is a barrier," the man would say.

As time passed, Alder grew stronger and showed his prowess, rising into the ranks quickly. By the age of twenty, he had made it to his dream, meeting the king with his fellow comrades and being heralded as one of the King's Sentinels. From then, on, his duty was to protect the king and, most importantly, the people of Otamur - at all costs. Most of his day-to-day duties required him to guard the castle, in particular, and while he was able to see the royal family close up, he never actually guarded them, personally.

Two years later, darkness fell, and the city was filled with flames. With his mentor at his side, Alder did his best to fulfill his duty. Many lives were saved, including those of his father and sisters, but sadly, he could not say the same for the king. Whether or not he was alive, Alder did not know, but he did know that, somewhere, the royal bloodline thrived, though he had no idea where. With his father, sisters, and mentor by his side, he left the great city and made his way down to a town that - at the time - was completely devoid of the plague. It was a much smaller town, heavily religious, but it would serve as a place to call home for a while.

Within a year, Alder's father passed away, having never been the same after the loss of his wife. Alder took his sisters even farther south, to the larger city of Televar. When he returned to the town of Kibran, he continued to help Baern's physical injuries heal. But the man's heart could not be saved, no matter what Alder attempted. In desperation to save at least one more person, he left Kibran to take the job of spy for the greater cities, keeping an eye on the plague and its movements throughout the icy north and reporting periodically to military leaders who would do their best to keep the madness at bay. More often than not, Alder found himself too close, and for a moment, he would lose himself to his own madness, the nightmares running their course. But something within him always sparked away the darkness and clear his thoughts enough to get him away.

As the years passed, he, too, had begun to lose hope. But then, in Dawn City, he saw the great silhouettes of dragons, and within his very soul, something unimaginable sparked. A driving need to see those dragons. For weeks, on, he would think this spark was simply his hope re-ignited. Upon the reclamation of Kuhl, having made his journey halfway towards Kibran to see Baern again, he overheard the rumors and quickened his pace to tell the news. Of course, he had no idea that this spark of hope was something much, much more, and that his own footsteps were mirrored by the wingbeats of dragons.

Relationships
Baern || Mentor || 50 || Kibran

By the time Alder had joined the ranks, Baern had already been a soldier for quite some time. As a lad, Alder looked up to Baern and idolized him, oftentimes seeing him as a second father figure. Baern taught Alder everything he knows today, and even after the fall of Otamur, they have remained long-time friends. It's Alder's drive to give Baern hope that makes the younger man keep an eye on the movement of Ogual's forces.

Annabeth & Duncan Grey || Mother & Father || Deceased
Loving parents who raised their son to be the very best he could be, Annabeth and Duncan were very loyal servants of the King. Upon the fall of Otamur, Alder did his very best to get them out, but Annabeth perished in the flames of the city. While Duncan did manage to make it out and to Kibran with his son, he, too, passed, possibly out of sheer heartbreak over the loss of his wife.

Carlia & Vivian Grey || Sisters || 28 & 24 Respectively || Televar
His younger sisters were his greatest support during his time as one of the King's Sentinels in Otamur. Had it not been for his bravery during the city's fall, they, too, would have surely perished. Now, they both live in the great city of Televar, possibly married - he hasn't seen them in quite some time now.​
[/dash]
[/dash]

Andraste_Appearance.png

Andraste
Female | Valor Dragon​

Physicality & Mentality
[dash=#2c3539]
[dash=#2c3539]
Species Description
Long ago when the dragons were spawning from the wild manas of Illos, there came a moment where the essence of heroes was conflicted, torn between the paths of offense and defense, each in the name of honor and of protection. It would come to be that the essence of heroes was split and from it was born two species of dragons: The Noble and the Valor. The Noble took the path of defense, steeling its resolve and its form, forging its essence out a need to stand up against the powerful mana-based forces in the world. The Valor, however, forged an essence out of movement and so sought to progress offensively against imbalance and evil. Its being was formed out of a need to act and combat opponents head on.

The Valor dragon was most prized by the peoples of Illos for they were great heroes and protectors, ever serving the Great Balance. If a king was lucky, he would gain the trust of such a beast and then go on to reign a glorious and fruitful reign, for no army could challenge the might of the Valor. It's body is made much like a weapon: strong and sturdy, but unlike the armor of the Noble, the Valor has great speed, dexterity, and agility. Akin to a good sword, the Mithril dragons are sharp and dangerous in all from their form to their abilities. Their personalities bear the mark of their titles, for they have long been honorable, warrior's heart's residing within them.

A Mithril dragon is fierce, and always collected. Highly protective of their tamer, they live with an eternally unsettling desire to move forward and progress. These dragons are highly aligned with the Great balance and their scales reflect the state of the world. Usually a bright, almost blue, shining silver, eyes as blue as the bright skies, they are known to fade when the world is in darkness to a dark, pearlescent shade of blue-grey with a consistent metallic sheen. Their eyes fade from their bright color and darken to reflect the state of the world. It is in this state that the Mithril dragon is more unsettled and ever desperate to move forward in battle in the name of change.

Unique Appearance
An image of grace, beauty, and power, Andraste sparkles a dark, yet brilliant, metallic silver hinted with clouds of gray and blue. Her belly is a shimmering gold that glimmers in the sunlight, running from beneath her chin down to the tip of her long, whip-like tail. She is lithe in build, narrower than many other dragons, and she has long, nimble legs and a snake-like neck lined with a pair of fins that stretch from behind her two horns. Her face is long and wide at its base, narrowing to a pointed nose, two ridges lining each side over the tops of glowing, violet eyes that sparkle with interest and energy. She holds herself with an intimidating, alert stance that says she is always ready to move, and rarely is she ever seen lying down, much less relaxing.
Personality
Stubborn || Hardheaded || Tenacious

While she does care about what others think of her, Andraste has a certain stubbornness when it comes to her ideas, thoughts, and actions. It is very hard to change her opinion on certain subjects, and when she sets her mind on doing something, she will stop at nothing to get it done. Sometimes, this backfires on her and those around her, as she causes more harm than good when going forward. Other times, it helps those around her in ways that otherwise could not help at all. Her driving need to always be doing something makes her for quite the tenacious foe.

Loyal || Dependable || Dutiful
Having a love and passion for the world she lives in and all that are within it, Andraste has an unwavering faith in the people that she meets within Illos. She knows that the war they face will come to an end, and that she will be at the forefront of its end. While she may not be the greatest tactitian, she is always by her leaders' sides, ready to jump when ordered. She feels she has a great duty to the people of Illos, sometimes moreso than to her heritage and her fellow dragons. After all, the Valor Dragon is the King's Dragon.

Insecure || Anxious || Timorous
Feeling as though she is not properly living up to her predecesors, Andraste has a constant need to prove herself. She is afraid she will not prove her worth in the war, especially since she is one of the last dragons to see her tamer and make the Bond. She finds herself unable to give that extra boost to the Order that she had been driven to give since she hatched from her egg. This is particularly troubling for her, and due to such a feeling, she has a great deal of anxiety, which appears in the form of great restlessness.

Sociable || Gregarious || Open
Andraste is a talkative creature, always socializing with anyone willing to listen and talk back. She likes to come up with ideas and ways to make the war go more according to plan, and she's more than happy to help out. She hates hunting by herself and prefers the presence of the other dragons - anyone willing to fly with her. She is accepting of others' faults and happy to make new friends - be they human or dragon. While remaining a prideful creature, she does enjoy listening to the experiences of others in hopes of increasing the depth of her own knowledge pool. She never holds back, and she doesn't keep secrets well.

Impulsive || Hasty || Rash
Whether dealing with war or with others, Andraste has a tendancy to be a little too quick to make decisions, which can oftentimes backfire on her. Sometimes, she says things she doesn't mean or forgets that an ally is a little too close for her to use a move. Some of this simply requires a bit more training, while other bits just requires her to slow down.
[/dash]
[/dash]

Attributes
[dash=#2c3539]
[dash=#2c3539]
Abilities
  • Sword of Necessity - When in times of darkness and peril, the tail of the Mithril dragon grows longer into a sharp spike that doubles as a sword. When attacking, the Valor drake infuses assault mana into the spike, allowing it to penetrate almost any defense. As the world becomes more settled, this weapon becomes nullified and disappears entirely.
  • Hero's Call - The Valor drake roars in a triumphant manner and inspires a spike in mana-based attacks from each of her comrades.
  • Essence of Valor - The more damage sustained by the mithril, the stronger it's flames and mana attacks become. This is a delicate dance because the dragon is its strongest nearest death.
Strengths
  • Valor - Always moving forward, always progressing - Andraste is a brave soul in the face of danger, and she is not one to sit idly by in the heat of battle. She is the forefront of the Order, putting herself between her clutchmates and the enemy, and her words oftentimes give a little inspiration for those who are sometimes a little more afraid to fight.
  • Leadership - While she is not the best leader when it comes to peace, she has the mind to lead a fight and give words of encouragement. She is happy to speak to all - whether tamer or dragon - and give them a mental and sometimes physical boost. Her willingness to push beyond her own limitations can be quite the inspiration.
  • Noble - Being the equal opposite of the Noble Dragon, Andraste holds herself in high regards while also paying a great respect to her fellow dragons and their tamers. She sees nobility in her comrades and never downplays them. Her willingness to befriend others pushes her tamer to do the same, and her understanding for his inability to do so allows her to be the gateway to understanding the less social.
Skills
  • Problem Solver - In her absolute need to always move forward, Andraste has become quite the decisive problem solver. Her mind is as sharp as her bladed tail and as hot as her fire. While she may not be the most strategic of the dragons, she is a quick thinker in the heat of battle.
  • Endurance Flier - While Andraste doesn't have as much experience battling in the skies, she has made it a point to fly for long distances so that she always remains strong in the skies. Having remained at the Lunate Monestary for quite some time in hopes that her tamer would arrive with the last group, she has done quite a bit of the waterfall training in particular. Her wings are sturdy, her muscles honed, and she can quite easily stay in the air for much longer than many of the other dragons.
  • Agile - With thinner scales than most others and a thinner, more lithe build, Andraste is quicker to make turns and do more complicated attacks, particularly on the ground. She has honed her skill with her tail blade, in particular, and can use it quite effectively on the ground.
Weaknesses
  • Can't Slow Down - With an absolute, driving need to move on ahead, Andraste easily goes crazy during times of rest and recuperation. She doesn't know how to let her body relax, and she regularly pushes herself well beyond exhaustion in even the simplest of things, such as training. She's pulled more than her fair share of muscles all over her body, nearly depleted her mana pools quite a few times, and she's even managed to push herself to the point of having to be put into a forced coma in order to let her body recuperate. She has never once stopped to smell the roses.
  • Fragile Scales - While the scales that run along the last half of her tail are thick and strong, as they are the scales that form the blade, the rest of her body is covered with thinner, more flimsy scales to provide her with greater maneuverability in the heat of battle. She is an offensive dragon, designed to continuously berate the enemy with attacks. By contrast, she, herself, cannot take too many hits, for she doesn't bear the armor of many of the other dragons.
  • Not Worthy - Bearing the heritage of a Valor Dragon can be quite difficult, as many before her were Bonded to mighty kings. Andraste feels she is not as worthy as her predecesors, sparking her need to prove herself that much more. She oftentimes takes daring risks in hopes of proving that she is worthy to be a Valor Dragon, but more often than not, this puts herself - and sometimes those around her - in more danger than they can handle.
  • Stubborn - Sometimes, Andraste just doesn't know how to listen. While most of the time, she is ready to jump at the word given by her leader, she has trouble dealing with orders that require any modicum of slow growth. Oftentimes, it's more about staying and listening to the ENTIRE order before moving on, which she seems to have trouble doing.
[/dash]
[/dash]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Soulserenity20