[OOC]Return of the Dragon Tamers: The Plague of Ogual

S

Soulserenity20

Original poster

• None

• Welcome to Illos....
    Note: Only the accepted users on the list below may post in this thread, if you'd like to signup, please head on over to the signups and work on your CS there. Any non-accepted players' posts will be removed. Thankyou.

Please check in for more slots when chapter two opens.

The following players are accepted and have claimed their dragons.
    Soulserenity20 ---- Merrik Tetra ----- Obsidian Nova, Nightmare Dragon
    Soulserenity20 -----Terria Tetra ----- Ataegana Kuu'iah, Lunar Dragon
    Soulserenity20 -----Avren Lebram ----- Viridian, Forest Dragon
    Rainjay -----Saira Rinien ----- Aerarya, Atmosphere Dragon
    Rainjay -----Illyria Rowena Renthir ----- Mirazh, Desert Dragon
    Firejay1 -----Narien Ki'ila ----- Angi, Arcane Dragon
    White -----Rèverie Gray ----- Celeste, Celestial Dragon
    Mowkie ----- Pomona Ayelet Muldell ----- Katla, Vanity Dragon
    Mowkie ----- Alder Balthazar Grey ----- Andraste, Valor Dragon
    Crimson77 ----- Xylia Kalei Iwalani ----- Deventh, Swamp Dragon
    Remaining Dragons are:
    -Brown
    -Yellow
    -Pink
    -Pearl
    -Red

The Following Dragons Are Out of Commission:
    +Orange (Solar) - Deceased

Roleplay Website*: Click Here

*Please note that the information on the website is largely a WIP. While the posted information is generally going to stay as is, the pages are constantly being updated and added to. (By constantly I mean as often as I can. ^_^)

Link to the IC
    Let the Journey Begin

• Link to Roleplay Info:
    Tamers Perk List (Not relevant as it stands since it's not up to date, but will soon be.)
    Illos Land and Settlement Page
    Tamers Information Page
    Beastiary (Forever a WIP)

COMING SOON: Character asset List.

Merrik's Thoughts on the Army:
    I first and foremost aim to fill the following ranks:
    1st Captain: my right hand tamer whom I will trust with all leadership in my stead should the times call for it.
    2nd Captain: one who will be a support to myself and my 1st captain.
    Scouts: those whose primary duty is to be our first line of offense and defense: observance
    Defenders: these tamers must be powerful protective mana users. A strong defensive wall against our enemies will be infinitely useful.
    Warriors: as with any army, all soldiers are to fight, but I will need a team with a powerful offense specifically to be send out to deal damage. These will have to be skilled in mana, but also very well trained with a weapon and as a team with their dragons.

ASSIGNED RANKS: (Not to be confused with combat roles, as listed below)
    1st Captain: Goliath Atreus
    2nd Captain: Terria Tetra
    Scouts: Saira Rinien, Avren Libram, Aris Vaughn
    Defenders: Goliath Atreus, Narien Ki'ila, Dalaith Malai, Illyria Renthir,
    Warriors: Terria Tetra, Kalona Fischer, Requiem Mortalis, Reverie Gray, Aiko Vadarys, Aislin Whitely

I've set out the following fighter classes to establish a means of arranging the army, each tamer must fall into one category of combat roles as a primary and one as a secondary:
    Offensive Mage
    Defensive Mage
    Offensive Non-mana Fighters
    Dragon-warrior
    Healers
    Ambush Warriors

So far, my thoughts are as such:
    +Goliath has proven himiself a valuable warrior and earned both my respect and confidence. He will be my 1st Captain without question. I trust him to keep the others safe in battle with or without me. He will double as a defensive mage, as his bonded ability has grown much stronger since his time in Kona Petl.
    +Avren has grown as a healer and has put effort into developing himself as a warrior. While I will continue to encourage him to grow as a warrior, his role will be that of a healer. He will work as an archer as well, should the need arise.
    +Saira has gained my confidence as she has shown her capability as a survivor, a soldier, and a friend to many in the order. She will serve as an archer, as this has been her strength, but I would double her as an offensive mage, given she continues to develop her elemental mana.
    +Kalona concerns me as she grows more and more ill. She holds a vast amount of potential as a mage but if this mark brings the end of her mana use, which I sometimes fear it will, she will need to serve as a spear-woman, for she works well with her weapon and is quick on her feet. I hope to maintain her in her role as an offensive mage and a defensive mage, but time will tell if such hopes will be for naught.
    + Dalaith continues to grow and develop her capability in fields of both mana and combat. Now that she has established a level of self-sufficiency with a weapon after her time spent at the Stallion tribe, I am more confident putting her in the front line as a mage. She must be able to defend herself if her mana fails and now, I feel she can do at least this. She will now serve as a defensive mage primarily, and an offensive mage secondarily.
    +Terria will serve as an offensive mage, as I originally planned. But we may need to pull her back at some point and use her to heal the wounded with Avren, for there are no others with any level of skill in the healing magicks.
    +Requiem has begun to show potential. His bonded ability has become well established after his time at Kona Petl and after some displays of aptitude in combat, I'm confident in placing him onto the battle field. I am most inclined to position him as an offensive mage and an offensive non-mana fighter.
    +Reverie has finally dealt with the disturbing issues she had previously displayed and grown to be a stronger mage because of it. I feel she can now work to gain aptitude with a blade, but I still am not confident in her combat abilities. She will play the role of a dragon warrior and fight from atop her dragoness, keeping herself out of harm by remaining in the skies. She will lead the three newcomers.
    +Narien has displayed a level of courage (or craziness) that leaves me oddly comfortable about his place on the battle field. The man is adept with a blade and has incredible perception. A bit unorthodox, but capable. I fear his elemental mana is not yet stable enough to be a strong weapon, but his bonded ability has grown since his time at Kona Petl, as was hoped. I will aim to utilize him primarily as a defensive mage, but also as an offensive non-mana fighter.
    +Aislin TBA
    +Aiko, Aris, and Illyria have not yet gained my confidence that they should be in the midst of the battle. They will serve as dragon warriors and remain airborn, dousing the foes with fires and transporting the injured back to the healers with Reverie as their lead.
    (Note to crimson: I'll edit this once Xylia is in)

• +Posting/Activity Rules and Regulatory Fun
    +1+
    +Lengthy Unexplained Absences+
    Any unexplained absence proceeding the span of one week will result in a warning. If said absence continues for two weeks, you will be considered MIA and you will lose your slot in this roleplay, but are welcome to apply again in the second chapter.
    +2+

+Multiple Unexplained Absences+
    If you regularly go missing for several days without a word and are constantly responsible for holding up the progress of this roleplay, you will receive a warning. While real life isn't always predictable and you may have other roleplays, I expect you to have a level of dedication and respect for this roleplay just like everyone else. Should your behaviour continue and I or Erranruin feel that you have are severely dragging the roleplay down, your slot in this roleplay will be removed.
    Again, you're more than welcome to apply in the second chapter.
    +3+

+Locking up Another Player's Character+
    In the case of a collaboration or interaction between characters, you will be expected to post in a punctual manner. If you do not have the time to do so at that moment in time, please refrain from entering into collabs or arranging character interactions.
    In a personally arranged collab you will be expected to post every 5 or 6 days. Failure to do so will be considered "locking up" another player's character and that player gains the right to end that interaction either by voiding the collab or by closing the interaction with a generic, non-altering post for your character. If you don't want to have your character spoken for, don't lock other player's character up.
    In a GM initiated collab you will be expected to post once a week, with a grace period of 2 days for explained tardiness. If you do not post within the week, you will be contacted and asked to post. If you do not post within the two days, your character will be moved along by either myself or by Erranruin to prevent the other players from being held up.
    +4+

+Low Quality Posts+
    While I generally don't believe I hold the right to harshly criticize other player's posts, I expect a level of writing from this roleplay. If you are continually posting posts with less than 2 paragraphs, improper grammar, violations to the lore, or character altering of other player's characters, you will receive a warning which may lead to the loss of your slot in this roleplay. If you aren't willing to put effort into this roleplay like everyone else, you don't need to be in this roleplay.
    +5+

+Time Limits+
    Unexplained Hiatus: 7 days warrants a warning. 14 days warrants your removal from this RP. The countdown for any future or current Hiatus will commence upon the posting of this rule-set.
    Multiple Unexplained Hiatuses: 4+ days of unexplained absence warrants a warning. 3 warnings in one month warrants your removal from this RP. The countdown for any future or current Hiatus will commence upon the posting of this rule-set.
    Multiple Excused Hiatuses: 5 or more absences with excuses, spanning 4+ days in one month will warrant the discussion of your removal from this RP. This means you are absent from this roleplay 20 days out of the month. If this persists into a second month you may be asked to leave this roleplay on the grounds that you do not have the time for it. The countdown for any future or current Hiatus will commence upon the posting of this rule-set.
    +6+

+I love you all+
    I don't like having to inflict these kinds of rules but I firmly believe they are for the good of the RP as a whole. I don't WANT to lose any of my players but I'd rather lose one or two instead of having the entire RP fail because it's constantly being held up. If you find these rules to be unfair or unjust, please contact me VIA pm and we can discuss your concerns.
    Thank you,
    ~Soul
    [tab=Character List][/tab][tab=Character List][/tab]

• (I know there are two Char. List tabs. I can't get rid of the one -_-)
    Character Hexes
    Aerarya is #800080
    Saira is #33cccc
    Merrik is Lime
    Nova is Black with Shadow and Italic.
    Avren is Green
    Viridian is Yellow Green with Italic.
    Terria is Dark Azure
    Taega is Medium Gray with Glow and Italic.
    Requiem is Maroon
    Aleria is Dark Green.
    Agni color is #999999
    Narien is #0092b3
    Kalona is #cc8080
    Lyre is #8fb2b2, with italics and [ shadow ] [ /shadow ]
    Goliath is Amber
    Hezekiah is Red and bold

*Any not listed here were not provided to me.
    PLAYER TAMER DRAGON
    Soulserenity20 Merrik Tetra
    Nightmare (Black)
    Obsidian Nova
    Soulserenity20 Terria Tetra
    Lunar (Pewter)
    Ateagana Kuu'iah
    Soulserenity20 Avren Lebram
    Forest (Green)
    Viridian
    Rainjay Saira Rinien
    Atmosphere (Silver)
    Aerarya
    Rainjay
    Illyria Rowena Renthir

Desert (Tan)
    Mirazh
    Shadicmaster Dalaith Malai
    Intellect (Gold)
    A'untyr Miirym
    Freyalise Kalona Fischer
    Deep Sea (Blue)
    Lyre
    Wytchfinder Goliath Atreus
    Noble (Iron)
    Hezekiah
    Silver Aislin Whitely
    Dream (Pearl)
    Yumiru
    Requiem Requiem Mortalis
    Jungle (Rainbow)
    Aleria
    Firejay1
    Narien Ki'ila

Arcane (Platinum)
    Agni
    White Rèverie Gray
    Celestial (White)
    Celeste
    J_"Kraken" Nimrielye Elyen

Inferno (Red)
    Aegnor
    Mowkie Aiko Vadarys Vanity (Amethyst)
    Zolykar
    Crimson77 Xylia Kalei Iwalani Swamp (Olive)
    Deventh

• War is starting! Please remember that if you encounter any dice-based events, you do not have to take part. You can choose to opt out. The events are purely to help me better develop my dice system and add some random chance to the game. Be sure to read all battle posts carefully and work together to win the war!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Rainjay and senpai
A VERY BELATED hello from this USELESS co-gm, sort of co-gm, semi helpful person Soul's useful brain of nick-knacks

Nice to meet the both of you! I need to start figuring out how Hakeem and Yen relate to all these new lovelies XD

Also I need to update the gallery probably, so people can find their cs's easily

I know that you all are very angry with me, and when I look at it from your standpoint, I understand why. I know that my words and actions were too much for you…that my pride in my own beliefs had counteracted your own. And I know that I had taken an argument between myself and Soul into a place that it should have never been taken. I also know that my anger came out in ways that you guys did not understand, and my sarcastic apology towards Soul upset all of you. While she and I were able to figure things out and are now able to cool off, I know that my actions are inexcusable and unaccepted by you, and this OOC event is a hurdle we will never get past.

Which is why I am formally withdrawing from this role play. This year and a half has been amazing, and I couldn't have asked for a better story. But when we take OOC bullshit and let it trickle to IC…and decide as a whole that it's best to remove me, I know that my presence in the role play is no longer appreciated. I understand that Soul wanted us all to have a month to cool off, but I feel as though this is something we will never get past, and my characters will forever suffer because of it. That is not fair to my characters, and it is not fair to us as players. My removal is for your sake...and for mine. I am honored to have been a part of this role play for so long, and though I had hoped to see myself go much longer, I'd like to wish you all happy role playing.

Shirin and Bet'anya can be killed off in the battle of Ylandre, and either the dragons can become available for someone to take as new characters (not Byriarti and Soteria, obviously), or they can be removed permanently. That is up to the discretion of your GMs. I wish you all the best.

~Mowkie

• Love
Reactions: 1 person

Name: Aris Vaughn
Birthplace: Mistwind camp

History:
[BCOLOR=inherit]From birth till he [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]wa[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]s 5 years old, he was raised by his parents[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] in [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]Mistwind[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] Camp[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]. His father was a hunter and his mother was merchant's daughter.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=inherit]From a young age he learned to use [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]a[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=inherit]knife and already went hunting with his father.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] Then came the destruction, his parents were completely slaughtered and so was his sisters. Only one of them is alive but unknown to him.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=inherit]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]fter the destruction, he had no choice but to survive on his own[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]. He lost all memory of the incident, and all knowledge of the life he had known before.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=inherit]He left[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=inherit]the camp and [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]ended up wandering in the forests[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] on his own for a year[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]. The thick forests, learning from animals until he found his way around... The first time he went to the city, a bright vibrant city, he [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]was [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]homeless. By then, he was 6 years old... He stayed homeless until [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]an[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] orphanage took him in.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=inherit]He survived in the orphanage for two years but it was very abusive and he was beaten a lot. It really hardened his skin and that's the foundation of his complexes. They abused [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]him [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]physically and emotionally... He escaped after two years with the help of one of his friend that ended up dying in the escape... [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]He survived afterward thanks to the help of a mysterious man who went by the name of Osiris.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=inherit]He was his mentor and basically acted like an older brother[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]B[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]y the time Osiris [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]adopted[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] him, he was 8 years old. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=inherit]Osiris was a rogue. He would commit crimes to survive in this world. But he was a rather wise man and could relate to the young [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]Aris[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit].[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=inherit]Both bonded over time and Osiris is the one that gave him a name[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit].[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=inherit]For four[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] years, Osiris and [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]Aris[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] traveled the continent,[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] fought pirates, stole from nobles, fooled some and stole their daughters[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]. T[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]hey had quite a hectic but happy life[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]ris[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] was [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]happy and found his home.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=inherit]But on a terrible night, there was a storm and the ship they were on[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] was sinking. The[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]r[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]e[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=inherit]was[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=inherit]a[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=inherit]fire and both were struggling to survive, they managed to escape [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]the ship.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]Aris[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] was 12 years old by then. He knew how to swim[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit],[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] but [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]still would have[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] died if it wasn't for Osiris giving him the bigger piece of the door[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] to keep him afloat.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]After two days in the bay, he finally was fished out by fisherm[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]en[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] while he was on the verge of death.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]They brought him to an unknown city that he [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]had [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]never visited[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] before[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]. He was healed but Osiris never showed up despite him hoping he would.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=inherit]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]fter losing his mentor and not knowing if he was dead or alive, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]h[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]e also had to deal with no means of living. He lost all of his money and weapons and only wore clothes given to him by a young son of a fisherman.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=inherit]That[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] wa[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]s his official debut as a [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]lone [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]rogue. Before he was an apprentice, now he had [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]to[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] apply what he [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]had [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]learned over the past four years.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=inherit]So after making some money from [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]poor[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] jobs around that city, he finally had enough to buy his own weapons[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit].[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=inherit]He had also used this time to[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=inherit]establish[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=inherit]his[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] reputation in some way. He was a troublemaker but a loveable [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]troublema[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]ker that[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=inherit]eve[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]ryone thought of fondly.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=inherit]He[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] left the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]city[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] at the age of 15[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit], a[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]nd since then, for four years, h[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]e ha[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]s been looking for Osiris knowing that he is [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]still alive.[/BCOLOR]

Due to his very unfortunate childhood, Aris became selfish in some way. It went against his nature but he felt the need to protect himself from the outside world and started going under the motto of " Me, Myself, and I"

Personality:
Daredevil and a risk taker. He will go at great lengths for his own entertainment and the entertainment of others. Something about attention drives him crazy, like a little child on a sugar high.

Laughing is his hobby and so is having fun, but he knows when to get serious. There were times in his past where life just wasn't a breeze and there were very dark moments for him that lead to him being more concentrated on other stuff then having fun.

That being said, he is a boisterous boy with a killer grin that would melt the young girls hearts. Flirtatious and fun, he never failed to make the highlight of a young maiden's life.

What can I say! He likes having fun! What would be the point of living?

Of course, that is what people perceive of him. Inside of this joyful and extroverted boy hides a very sad little kids with attachment issues. He never felt like he fitted anywhere due to never being accepted anywhere and sometimes undervalue himself as a person.

By undervaluing himself so much he also doesn't make long lasting bonds by fear that he would destroy it and get hurt. Which is, in some way, what he is doing subconsciously. He has a self-destructive personality that doesn't let him really see how important and valuable as human he is.

Strengths:
- Resourceful
Aris had no choice but to learn how to survive alone. Therefore, it comes to no surprise that he learned a few tricks here and there after passing the majority of his life in the wilderness of Illos. From building himself a shelter, crafting himself some clothes, hunting or filtering water to be drinkable. He does not belittle the value of his life and won't let himself die in this world.

- Street Smart
Aris never had a scholar mentoring him, he doesn't know how to read or write, but he is not a stupid guy. He is logical and rational and knows how this world works. Constantly observing and exploring the new lands thought him a few things. He knows the boundaries and unspoken rules of society, he knows when to pull out of a dangerous situation and when to not put oil in a fire.

- Fast Learner
Once again, he had to survive on his own and learn fast. Of course, he doesn't just learn fast like that. He might not have a photographic memory, but he is a guy that focuses a lot and concentrate when needed. He will learn from the animals around him and the humans that surround him. His observation and focus are the key elements of this skill.

- Charming
Some say that it takes more than intelligence to survive on your own... And they are right! Or at least, in Aris case they are! From a very young age, Aris learned to appeal to people and to manipulate their feelings if needed. From making big wide eyes to beg money or to fake a tear from one eye, Aris knows how to act and appeal to the public. And as he grew up, this skill became his strength. He is a very handsome man to the average standard of Illos and he has fun taking advantage of this skill. From casual flirt to sleeping with a king's daughter or making an old lady let him sleep over at her house with free food, he has done it all. Of course, not once did he make the other person regret. In fact, they always welcomed him to their
house, or bed for some.

- Light Feet & Fast
Aris is physically light for a man of his weight. He isn't a skinny guy, in fact, he has broad shoulders and such, but he knows how to balance himself and how to be discreet. You won't ever hear loud footsteps from him. It is a strength he had to learn to be a very good rogue and he was lucky enough to physically be capable.

Not only is he very discreet, he is also very fast. His reactions are by the mile-second and he is almost unbeatable when it comes to fleet! It sure paid off the amount of training he had as a child stealing a piece of bread from local bakers.

Weaknesses:
- Smartass with a big mouth
This could possibly be one of his biggest weakness. He might be a very smart guy, but he isn't someone that really controls his emotions well. He has a very strict sense of disrespect and if you just happened to get on one of his bad days and you disrespect him, he won't be shy to bash you. Of course, he will end up feeling guilty, especially if you are a friend of his, but he is a bit too prideful to admit it. After all, most of his life he has been treated like vermin and it is to
be expect that once he grows up, he won't let himself get bullied around.

- Undisciplined
Aris never grew up in a structured and strict environment. He always imposed his rules, his way, and never really had anyone tell him otherwise. Unfortunately, that leads to him not being a very disciplined student or soldier. He will most likely be the most annoying soldier ever, but will eventually straighten up if he realizes the benefits of it.

- Not Knowledgeable
Not being an educated fella really is a boomer for him. He always wanted to be those crazy geniuses that know how this world function and he wished he could be like the great scholars of Illos, but he didn't have that luck. Which is a real shame because he has great potential. He could be a great inventor if giving a chance.

- Complexes
The fact that he is an orphan as well as considered a bastard in the eyes of society, it
lead Aris to be very self-conscious about it. So often he will feel insulted and might dramatize if you make fun of his past. Not only that but it's also an obstacle in his life because he believes that he doesn't deserve certain things, which leads to a subconscious self-destruction from his part.

Abilities/Skills:
- Short Bow, Throwing Daggers & Axes

Living in the street is not easy. He had to learn to defend himself. Of course, he couldn't learn everything on his own. At some point in his life, he met a young man traveling and he ended up tagging along for a while. It was his first introduction to adventure and the rogue lifestyle. He learned everything from this man. That particular man was, for a part of his life, a mentor, a role model.

- Hunting
Aris loves hunting because that is pretty much what he eats. Meat is his life and he especially likes rabbit meat and a few kind of birds as well.

- Climbing
Aris is very skilled at climbing cliffs and such things. He doesn't fear height and doesn't feel any danger in him climbing up a cliff 20 times his height! He actually enjoys the challenge.

Bonded Ability:
Sprint: Because of their intense speed they have developed the ability to sprint a few meters SO quickly that they cannot be seen by humans. This is a tiring process and they cannot do it too many times in a row lest they fall from the skies in exhaustion.

Relationships:
Aris never really had any serious relationship due to his unstable lifestyle. He feels like he would pose more of a danger to anyone he gets attached to due to him being a rogue, but he does date sometimes and likes having friends here and there. Though, don't think he trusts easily! You got to earn his trust! And if you betray him, he is quite wrathful!

Dragon Name:
Jav'va
Dragon Gender: Female
Dragon Species: Lightning
Dragon Personality:
Jav'va is a very friendly dragon and social. Always at the aid of her master and the friends of the master, but she won't hesitate to knock some sense into Aris head when he is being irrational. Jav'va is very in touch with her emotions and gets excited very easily. Unfortunately, she also gets depressed easily as well. Like most lightning dragon, she has a sporadic personality that makes her very irregular with her moods.

Dragon Strengths:
- Speed
- Bond with her master
- Courage

Dragon Weaknesses:
- Sensitivity
- Moodiness

2l9iqo3.jpg

Illyria Rowena Renthir | 26 | Arinar, formerly Juna

| APPEARANCE |

She has a figure that stands out, notably with vitilligo skin and long, thick hair of a deep brown shade. Her eyes are of the same dark color. She dresses freely and often ornamented, and stands quite tall. Of the ornaments, her favorite is a chain necklace and pendant, which she never goes a day without wearing.

| PERSONALITY |

Candid || Forthright
It's not my fault the truth hurts

There is nothing more valuable to this woman than knowledge--coupled with honesty. Ria is brutally honest and expects the same from others, whether it's in the form of constructive criticism or spilling secrets. She strongly believes that it's for everybody's best interest to keep things open and in the air. This isn't to say she's insensitive. She does, however, occasionally speak too brashly. An insult isn't an insult if it's the truth.

Audacious || Daring
Bring it

Good thing for Ria, she's willing to change her ways. Despite living comfortably without a need unanswered, and her every want filled, she was never quite happy. There was a lack of adventure and excitement in her life that she could only find in reading about the lives of others. Even when she was younger she took little steps to protest the rule of her parents; adventuring off into the city alone, abandoning traditional dinners, dressing however she pleased. Though still well mannered and taught, she's refused to mold completely to her parent's hands. She knows she's ill suited for the path she's chosen, but she's willing to take on the challenge.

Straightforward || Pragmatic
My siblings stole my high horse

Unlike others in her family Illyria never was fanciful of mind. She enjoys her wealth and her standard of living, but doesn't take it for granted. She understands perfectly well how blessed she is and the hard work it takes to maintain that. Since she was able to walk and read, her parents have treated her like an adult, and as a result Ria has grown quite responsible and down to earth. Rarely will she dodge around a topic of unease or try to prolong a confession. She does her best to speak plainly, concisely, and efficiently.

Amiable || Cordial
Who doesn't like having friends?

Living with her parents, Ria learned how to put on a face and play nice. Even towards those she dislikes, she will approach with a warm smile and kind words--in public, anyway. It's part of "being proper" as her mother told her. Other times, it's simply part of getting what one wants. Either way, she does mean it genuinely. She doesn't want to pick fights or cause trouble, and isn't a hotheaded individual. Outside of a world of fancy--away from her parents prying eyes--Ria is slightly less guarded, less welcoming. While she'll never give a rude greeting unwarranted, she's not afraid to speak her mind, even if that involves being impolite and "unwomanly".

Devoted || Zealous
Love what you do and do what you love

There are few things in this world that Ria says she loves, but she would do anything for those things (or, perhaps in rare cases, people). One morning she simply decided that her life was boring without something to pursue, and figured that putting her efforts into a hobby or study was a "trait of good character". Once committed, she will never deviate, though do not mistake this for loyalty, for her dedication to a goal does not match that to a person or ideal. She is more likely to find her own way of reaching her desired result than she is to follow those with whom she clashes with.

Indulgent | | Lavish
There's no shame in a little bit of luxury

Ria would be lying if she said she could live without soft pillows and china pots; and she never lies. She's too used to living in the lap of luxury to give it all up. While she's willing to make a change and put her best foot forward, she still misses her large home and shelter. Given the chance, she'll quickly take up any offer of a treat, be it as simple as a polished mirror or as complex as a grand meal. Ria is a woman who can tolerate dirt on her knees as long as there's a bath coming afterwards.

CrystalDemon-Divider-Copy-300x88.png

| HISTORY |

Illyria would describe her backstory in a short, concise manner. That being, she was born the third of five children (the story goes that she was born a few minutes before Eccaira, a fact she holds above her sister's head), was doted on to no end, and despite it all decided she wanted more and left to pursue adventure. The major events of her past can be described almost as succinctly.

At some point in her early life, though she doesn't remember when, she encountered an illness that left her with suddenly appearing migraine headaches. Besides from that one nasty childhood affair, her youth was largely uneventful. Most of her time was spent studying, though she often comes to wonder why she spends so much of her time around books at all. Growing up, she chose this over creating a strong social life for herself, preferring the world of words to that of her peers. Something simply felt off about the people around her, and she ultimately isolated herself to avoid that estranged feeling.

When she wasn't occupied with learning, Illyria and her siblings were constantly in fierce competition with one another over the affections and inheritance of their parents. Surely there was enough to share, but each child had been raised to be aggressive and ambitious in what they wanted--Rowena and Breanon Renthir, their parents, only perpetuated the clashing between the teenagers. It was through this that the children enriched themselves; Eccaira created great art, whereas her eldest brother Corwin trained to join the army. Illyria herself took an interest in animals, particularly horses, and in language.

In her early twenties, the family moved to Calidar and she met a man by the name of Cormac Halmar. Cormac wasn't of great standing, nor had a wealthy background, but the two favored each other greatly besides. Her parents discouraged the relationship, but they bonded anyways. The two parted on a happy note when Illyria left to join the Order; maybe someday, they could make things work, but at the time, Illyria had set her eye on the horizon. It had become her desire in life to see the world and adventure, and Cormac simply couldn't follow her on that journey.

| RELATIONSHIPS |

Parents
Rowena Cruz Renthir//Mother//47
Breanon Renthir//Father//56

Siblings
Eccaira Cruz Renthir//Twin sister//26
Corwin Breanon Renthir//Older brother//29
Hollis Renthir//Older brother//27
Aderyn Renthir//Younger sister//10

Relatives
Irene Cruz//Maternal grandmother//66

Friends
Cormac Halmar//Ex-suitor//29
Aneirin Halmar//Best friend//26

| STRENGTHS |

Well educated
Ria has spent most of her life in a classroom; be her teacher a tutor or a stack of books. She knows random tidbits of information along with well studied subjects, in particular, history, geography, and language. She has a mild obsession with the latter--language and linguistics--and could talk your ear off about phonetics, syntax, lexicography, and more.

Personable
Unless you've given her reason to dislike you, Illyria is warm and welcoming to just about everybody. While she's not always the chattiest person, and definitely isn't much of a party host, she doesn't mind talk or the company of strangers. She makes friends as easily as she can make enemies; which, thankfully, isn't frequent. She particularly enjoys rule breakers and the eccentric of the world, anyone who is just plain old different.

Healthy & Fit
Living large was no excuse for Illyria and her siblings to become lazy and inactive. It wasn't just about keeping up a good appearance. Spending all her time behind books and sitting at a desk in a dark room, it quickly became important to go out and do something. This took the form mostly of horseback riding, yoga, and in the warmer seasons, swimming.

Knowledge Mop
You introduce Illyria to a new concept or idea, and she will happily soak it up. This goes regardless of subject or topic. Even if she takes to it poorly, she'll still love to learn about it. This is perhaps the only thing that got her through the first weeks with the Order.

Stamina
Both of mind and body, Illyria has some decent stamina. She can keep up a solid run just as easily as she can spend hours at her desk, staring down at a book. She is still working, however, on translating this into combat stamina. Heavy armor is currently a no, as is heavy weapons and weights.

| WEAKNESSES |

Lacks combat skill
Try as she may, Ria is going to be behind the others in regards to combat capability for a long time coming. She has trained hard despite her initial misgivings but has yet to find her calling and instead of focusing on one area, has practiced briefly in several, leaving her a novice in all and skilled with none.

Honest
Sometimes honesty is more of a weakness than it is a strength. Illyria will never hide anything from another, whether it's a piece of gossip or otherwise. While she can be trusted with personal secrets, she won't conceal things that will affect other people, particularly in a negative light. Often times when stating her opinion or telling a hurtful piece of information Illyria can do more harm than good, her words coming off brashly or harshly despite her good intentions.

Somewhat material
Though not very vain, Ria is not a person who can entirely give up material possessions and pleasures. The allure of a hot bath at the end of each day, accompanied by a full stomach and a soft bed can win her over easily. While reasonable enough to not lug around useless items, she still manages to find a way to make the simplest things extravagant; a mirror decorated with metals and gems, a shirt with a gold thread trim, a delicate hair clip.

Migraines
Illyria comes from a family of miraculously good genes. But when she was about six years old, she contracted a life threatening illness (dundun). Though she recovered, she's been experiencing migraines ever since. She's been unable to find a medicine or method of managing these head-splitting headaches, and as a result, usually ends up hiding in her room with curtains drawn. They come every few weeks to every few months, if she's lucky. Usually she can feel them coming on a day or two before.

Dauntless
Illyria often mistakes the spirit of adventure for fearlessness. She takes most things as a challenge, sometimes even hypotheticals. No height, creature, or phobia will stop her. This, accompanied by her excessive honesty, often puts her in between a rock and a hard place; after the excitement wears away, she'll realize just how big of a mess she's gotten herself into. While not scared of heights or bugs or the dark, she does have deep, unshakable fears.

| ABILITIES AND SKILLS |

Speaks five languages
- Knows five languages (reading, writing, & speaking), four fluently -
Animal person
- Enjoys spending time working with animals, particularly cats, dogs, horses, and birds -
Horseback riding
- Is experienced riding horseback; has even done some acrobatics while riding -
Adept swimmer
- Has good swimmers muscles and can hold her breath for quite a long time -

| BONDED ABILITY |

Illyria has inherited Mirazh's diamond mind; from the moment of the bond onwards, she has retained a near perfect memory. The primary difference between the two is that Illyria will scarcely recall events or happenings outside her scope of attention, whereas Mirazh can remember more minute details.

dragons-divider.png

Mirazh | Desert Dragon

Fire_breather_by_Ironshod.jpg

| DRAGON PERSONALITY |

Thrillseeker
Everyone has fun somehow

The only thing Mirazh loves more than his hoard (and perhaps his tamer) are thrills. Even better is treasure hunting coupled with thrills. The scariest of tasks are simply a new challenge! If it makes the heart race, then it's something to be enjoyed, not feared.

Laid Back
What's the fuss about?

It's kind of hard to stir Mirazh up. There are only a few things that manage to get him excited, and otherwise, he's very relaxed and mellow. Even conflict and trauma scarcely manage to shake him. When you can't forget, you've got to learn how to forgive.

Investigative
Secrets make great friends

This dragon could give Sherlock Holmes a run for his money--kind of. He's good at finding things, particularly when motivated with the promise of a reward. In fact, Mirazh would probably be content spending the rest of his life playing one big scavenger hunt. Little trinkets and items he finds of interest he keeps. His hoard might be small now, but someday he'll have a museum nested away at home. He's also quite nosy, and gets enjoyment out of digging into other people's personal lives. The juicier the dirt, the funner it is to know.​

| DRAGON STRENGTHS |

Big
Mirazh is a big, strong dragon; while definitely not the largest or toughest of the group, he's not a delicate flower. He's not exactly a fan of tight, cluttered spaces unless it's he's allowed to break things, or it's his personal pile-of-'junk'.

Big Paws, Balanced Center
While in an open environment, it's difficult for Mirazh to lose his footing. With broad paws and an expert tail, his center of balance is well maintained, and despite his size, he has little difficulty moving over any terrain. Unfortunately for him, this mostly only comes in handy in his natural, sandy habitat.

Well Planned
The ability to think before acting is a good one, almost as fundamental as the ability to breathe--so this dragon says. No matter what shenanigans he and his tamer get into, at least it was well thought out first.

| DRAGON WEAKNESSES |

Look, It's Shiny!
Mirazh isn't drawn to all things glittering and gold; he has his taste. But he is still a collector at heart. Whenever his next prize captures his interest, his attention to everything else lapses dramatically. Thankfully, his taste is incredibly specific and picky, and so these distractions appear few and far between.

Invasive
Usually, Mirazh is clever in his information espionage. Sometimes, though, he digs too deep. It's not that he never learned about the personal bubble--he just sometimes forgets about it. He absolutely loves secrets and gossip, and sometimes goes too far in his pursuit of the rumor mill.

Single Player
Apart from his tamer, Mirazh greatly prefers to work alone. Noise and chatter is irritating and derailing. His focus is better uninterrupted by those distractions.

Admin: please do not graveyard this as the IC is still up and running. The OOC should not be graveyarded if the IC is running as we use this regularly to update character sheets that are stored within this thread.

Thanks <3

Name:
Rèverie White

Hometown:
Otamur

Appearance:
yYvjJ44.png

Personality:
-Perceptive-
When she was paranoid, she trained herself to be perceptive, never trusting, always on the watch, always suspicious and sometimes wrong. While she has overcome her paranoia, she has kept her ability of percepteiving others.

-PTSD survivor-
She has overcome her inner guilt, her inner enemy. While she no longer suffers from it, the experience has shaped her and she may have a different outlook at the unusual than others may.

-Distant-
She has become very open to others, but prefers to remain at a safe distance from getting too involved before she made the decision to get involved.

-Protective-
She is very protective of the weak. The weak remind her of herself and she wishes from within her heart to protect the ones that need it, even at the cost of her own life.

-Thick Fur-
It is impossible to tease or offend her, she simply does not feel affected by what others say of her, weither that is an insult, rumors, harassment.

-Rather Sincere-
She can't help it, once she bonded with somebody in one way or another, she is going to be honest to the point of too honest. At this point she will care for whomever she bonded with too much.​

History/Bio:
Children often grow up in three different types of time.
The time of peace where they grow arrogant, spoiled and unthankful.
The time of unrest, where they will learn to live up for what is right
And the time of war, where they will learn to either stand for the good or for their own selfishness.

She was eleven when she saw and survived the massacre in the city she was born, Otamur.
The mighty army, that was foretold to prevail, fell, panic broke out throughout the city.
Rèverie would never forget the things she saw, the cruelties, how allies became enemies.
Or the dead fbody of her father, the tears that fell that day will not be forgotten by her.
She managed to be one of the few that fled the city, together with her mother and her little brother.

Their journey south was troublesome.
She was 12 when she first learned to feel hungry and it was her brother that would bring a change to the situation.
He pointed the blade at her, the blade this little boy picked up before they fled to protect his family.
She ran and he chased after he, he fell and the blade flew to the ground.
The chased girl would pick the blade up, scared, the boy charged her.
The tip met a body, the body of her brother and soon he was no more.
The mother, shocked and enraged by what she saw as she turned to find them, jumped her.
Strangled her.
Afraid once more, the mother was soon no more.

If you asked her today for who her family was, she would not know.
She remembers their faces.
But names, occuptions, everything else was gone.

A nomad found a crying girl, there where there was a corpse of a boy and a woman.
The blade stuck in their mother.
The nomad took the girl in, unknowingly of whom the real murderer was.
She would learn from him, to survive and to live,
And soon she would view him her father.

A man once found his way.
Friendship formed between the girl whom was 16 now.
A girl blooming in the prime of beauty.
Naive and trusting she left the Nomads with the man.
Alone they were, the man with his intention.
He would touch her, the intention to violate the naivity.
And as he tried, he would find his end.
And she could never trust again.

She continued south.
A hunter's job for the locals.
Sleeping out in the wild.
Saving up for the longing home.
"Wound them"
They said
"Capture them then"
They told her
"And bring them alive to us"
For they would have more use for a living one.
"Torture it is that you would do"
She replied
"A swift, painless death is what I will gift them, not like you"
She concluded.

It took longer to fullfill the longing.
Her new home in the town she hunted for.
Living among a culture so different from what she had known that she would adjust to.

She was of the age of twenty-one now.
A woman, a flower grown fully.
And it was then when her life would change.
(Goddamnit, this is very different from what I thought I would end up writing)

And onward...
She has followed the call, the thing that drove her to wander west, up to the monestary only to become something only the legends spoke of: A dragon tamer. Most of the time she remained to herself during the stay at the monestary, had trouble learning and applying magic and almost burned down the monestary once... well, almost in her eyes.

She has successfully joined with the order, upon her arrival, her mentor was a very handsome and well built man she would crush on. She never shared her feelings for him with anybody else yet. She became a full member of the order but still kept to herself for the largest part.
She has wounded herself to practise healing mana, which she failed to properly do, she continued to struggle with the application of mana.
During the earlier days, the order went off to aid the centaurs and other creatures of the forest. Reverie was forced to remain at home and could not join them in the effort to aid them. During their absence she grew sick, where she spoke with her trusted bondmate, Celeste, about the things that plagued her mind.

After the visit of the queen and the council, one thing became very clear for Reverie:
The war has begun.

She decided to open up towards Merrik and to tell him of her issues and almost lost it holding a knife. Merrik accepted it and her fear for holding a blade.
In one evening, after a few new tamer joined, one of them, a young boy named Aris brought up the idea of not having to be there, having no obligation. She argued with him and begun to blank him out of her head after he remained stubborn and begun to insult her.

In an effort to aid Reverie and a few others, Merrik decided to take them along to the forbidden isle. There they entered, while under a dream-like state, the bond of realms. For Reverie this meant to visit the Bond that connected her and Celeste.
No matter where she was pulled, where she awoke, she would always be chased and hunted down by her own past. She remet the sister she blinked out, only to see her fall to dust.
She tried to justify a crime she was doing in the realm, but could not find any.
In the end, she fought that which haunted her in her most vulnerable state, in her pure, white childlike being. As this purity, she had to face it, the blackness, the guilt. The blackness blinded her, leaped and scratched on her eyes, wounded her, hurt her, but she endured and in an effort to survive, energie flowed to her, like something cleansing, purifying and on every touch, the blackness would feel lighter in colour to the blind, white Reverie and in a show of rainbow, she purified herself from her own guilt.

Being like reborn, she awoke at the temple...

Strengths:
-Calm Battle State-
She once used to be reckless, cold, now she is calm and tranquil as her eyes perceive the battle around her, where every strike is an attempt to be an asured hit.

-Regained Swordwomanship-
She is able to hold the blade again, but only remembers the theoretical basics that she may have learned in her childhood.

-Survival in the cold-
Acquired the knowledge needed to survive in a cold wildernis

-Needs less sleep-
there was a time when her nights were restless, she now found herself requiring a bit less sleep than others do, her body simply got used to it.

Weaknesses:
-Reluctant-
Is relucant to get involved in another person's inner debacle after having gone through her own so recently.

-Tries too much when less is better-
There are wounded on the field? Lemme heal them. You need support on that line? I am on my way. Reverie is trying too hard and exhausts herself too much as a result from it.

-Tactless Socially-
Having been socially distant and isolated to herself with herself and her issues, she lacks a lot of the social experiences somebody else would have already made and may say something that may be considered rude, blunt or harsh.​

-Relucant to use a sword-
While she is no longer terrified of using a blade, she now feels relucant to use it, it still represents something she did in her past and how simple it was to kill with it. She will not use it unless she believes it to be necessary.

-Rather weak-
Is not the strongest person alive.

Abilities/Skills:
-Archery-
Learned to use the bow, not strong enough to efficently use it for an extended time of time.

-Stealthy-
Has learned to move silently in flush and colder enviroments.

-The hunt-
During her years with the nomads she learned the ways of the hunt.

-Lie detection-
While her paranoia made it easier to detect lies, she still maintains a part of that ability... it may just not be as accurate as it once used to be.

Bonded Ability:
-Soothe-
Combining Rèverie's sincerity with the natural ability of a Celestial turns out to... apparently increase the effect soothing may have.

Relationships:
Acquainted with a few merchantsin the Halturn Trade Post
Friendly with the Nomads
A sister she only recently remembers.

Dragon Name:
Celeste

Dragon Gender:
Female

Dragon Species:
Ceselstial Dragon(White Dragon)

Dragon Personality:
-Abstains from Violence-
Will keep herself and her human out of uneeded violence, if it is an option.

-Protector-
Feels a deep desire to protect her tamer, the innocent, the weak.

-Hesitant-
Does not like curing people she does not know would deserve it and will attempt to convince her tamer to not help them at all.

Dragon Strengths:
-Heavenly Soar-
The Ceslestial Dragon is able to fly for much longer then other species of dragons. The payoff are thinner scales.​

-Quick Learner-
Learns faster than the average dragon

-Deep Bond-
Her deep bond with her tamer allows both of them to work in sync.

Dragon Weaknesses:
-Thin Scales-
To be home in the heavens, to rule the skies, left this dragon with thinner scales than other species of dragons do.​

-Deep Bond-
Her deep bond with her tamer may leave her feeling disturbed.

-Overprotective-
Overprotective of her tamer.

-Weak Mind-
Unable to endure too much violence, it makes her feel horrible and sick.​

Dragon Abilities
Purify: Can remove negative energies that taint living creatures. This will play a HUGE role in the story as the white dragon can remove the effects of the plague in extreme circumstances. Keep in mind, one round of purification will tire the dragon out immensely so use this wisely.
Soothe: The dragon can send soothing vibes to other living creatures, helping them to relax or remove their fear.
Projection: The dragon can create a stunning ray of light to illuminate even the darkest of areas.

Reverie X Celeste – Maiden's Deliverance
The Celestial pair now have the ability to bless an oncoming mana-based attack and deliver the target from suffering to strength by turning the attack into a buff for the target. (E.g. A fireball that's coming towards Saira is blessed by Reverie and instead of burning Saira, it hits and coats her body with a sacred flame that now serves as a coat of armor, burning up any who lay hands on Saira.)​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Chrome

33xbz0j.jpg

☪ Name
Xylia Kalei Iwalani
[ Psy-la Ka-lei E-wa-la-ni ]

☪ Age

☪ Gender
Female

☪ Hometown
Nepa Village, Calidar

☪ Personality

-Jovial. Talkative. Curious-
Xylia enjoys talking. You would think that a child who hasn't been as properly educated shouldn't be talking as much as she, but she does. She's a bubbly, happy girl who's equally as curious.

-Rebellious. Impulsive. Reckless-
Xylia's curiosity usually ends up with her being associated to the trait "rebellious". Her village elders see her as a troublemaker when really the only thing she does is act on impulse. Xylia will never think twice when it comes to the betterment of others, not realising that sometimes other people will suffer for her decisions.

-Caring. Loyal-
Though really, Xylia means well. She simply cares too much and with no doubt about it, she will always remain loyal to what is right and whomever she loves or care about.

-Impatient. Ignorant-
Even saying so, her impulsive actions and reckless behavior comes from the price of being impatient. A lot of her "trouble-making" would have never surfaced if Xylia had been more patient in certain circumstances.

-Honest. Modest. Humble-
However, Xylia will admit to her mistakes and do whatever she can to make it right. If having done something great, Xylia will never admit that it was her doing. Instead, her achievements is always with the assistance with someone else or not her doing at all.

☪ History/Bio

B E F O R E
Xylia was only twelve when she found herself abandoned in the middle of a forest, with nothing but the clothes on her back and knowledge from her parents' adventures and escapades. Nobody had intended on abandoning Xylia, but then again, no one had intended on the people Xylia was with to disappear.

Xylia's parents were explorers, adventurers or whatever you'd like to call them. Most of the times they left Xylia back in a town with caretakers or another relative. They would teach Xylia on many different types of plants and trees and herbs that she now wanted to see them for herself. And when Xylia turned twelve, and was adamant on following her parents along one of their trips, they caved in and allowed her to join them on something they thought would be rather harmless.

They were on their way from Mystic Lake Town to Wimbledon Wilds, believing it was a simple trip that they knew would have meant a lot to their nature-loving daughter. The forest path was clear and meant to be harmless with the amount of men already on her parents' team. But things didn't turn out well. Somehow, every night, they would wake up with less people in the camp; more and more disappeared each time. Already too far into the woods, turning back might have taken just as long to get out, and they decided to stop at the small settlement of Vioresa.

That was until Xylia woke to her parents packing their bags urgently, in the middle of the night. They woke her and told her that everything was going to be okay. Her mother gave her a a talisman, said it was from the temple in Arinar, said it would protect her. Xylia was confused but she only remembered being in her father's arms as they ran from the campsite before stumbling and tumbling onto the ground.

From her position, she hears her mother cry her name and yelled to get up and keep running forward, don't look back. That was what Xylia did, and she disappeared into the forest, not knowing what really happened to her parents.

Xylia heeded her mother's words and kept walking straight, keeping a chalked square on trees as she passed by them. It wasn't until a few days later someone found her sleeping under a tree, tattered and bruised.

A F T E R
Xylia was found by an elderly woman, Kalili, who was looking for medicinal herb in the woods. She was surprised to find Xylia sleeping with no one else around her. Unsure of what to do, but knowing in her good heart what she was suppose to do, the elderly woman carried her back and brought Xylia to the village leaders.
It wasn't long before Xylia woke up and the decision was made, Kalili was to take her in and teach her their ways.

For the next ten years, that was the case. Kalili became Xylia's mother figure and Xylia told her everything she knew. Throughout the years, Xylia took it upon herself to learn hunting skills. Eventually, she did return to the forest to look for her parents, but to no avail were they anywhere to be found.

Xylia grew into one of the village leaders well-known troublemakers, as she would often breaking the rules or something and turn up some place she wasn't suppose to. But she grew into the villages sweetheart, being kind and jovial to all those around her; especially the children, to which most parents in the village despise of for her teaching their children her ways.

T H E O R D E R
Xylia felt bittersweet packing up her things; she didn't want to leave the village but that would be going against The Elders words, which would be highly disrespectful of her, according to Kalili. On the morning of Xylia's 22nd birthday, Kalili had woken up Xylia from her much needed sleep after a night out of hunting with great news; she was to leave the village by the next dawn. It was rather confusing to say the least when she was rushed out of bed to meet with the village head in the town square, only to find them in front of her home.
According to the village prophet, Xylia is to travel north- west to the ancient forest to Espella and she is to leave immediately. Xylia was now more confused than she was this morning, but because it seemed urgent, Xylia made haste and asked no questions. There was a small ceremony that night with several of her close friends, in celebration for her 22nd and now, a farewell party.

Xylia finished the last of her packing, and finally, took her favourite spear along with her which was equally a handy-walking stick. She left her home to be greeted by Kalili watering the garden. "Mama," Xylia greeted, a warm smile on her face, "You shouldn't be up this early." She joked.

Kalili offered a scoff, with her raspy old-person voice, she scolded Xylia, "I am always up this early. After years of taking care of you, I will never understand you young people's sleeping habits. You go to bed at dawn and wake up at noon." She grumbled, shaking her head. Despite being nagged at, Xylia couldn't help but look at her mama with an endearing little grin. Putting the watering can down, Kalili sighed and looked towards Xylia, a solemn look, one that didn't go unnoticed.

Xylia frowned, walking towards Kalili, she held both her hands in hers. "Do no worry, Mama. I will go see what concerns the Elders so and return home as soon as possible." Xylia stated, offering a comforting smile.

Kalili stared at Xylia, a girl with fire red hair and all the youthful energy in the world. Kalili nodded her head, patting Xylia's hand. "Do not worry about me or returning home quickly. Just take care of yourself and be safe, you understand?"

Xylia offered a wide grin and nodded her head enthusiastically. Kalili may have been hard on her, but she knew it was for the best. "I will miss you, Mama."

Kalili nodded her head once more, and sighed again. "You must remember all I taught you, then you will be fine." Letting go of Xylia's hands she began gesturing away, "Now, go! You already are late. Elders will get mad if they know you are still here. The journey to the Ancients Woods alone is a many moons-walk, go!" she shooed and Xylia left, turning back every few seconds to wave at her knowing the young one was still hesitant on her own.

Xylia mounted her horse miserably. She questioned the importance of this journey; though she did want to venture out into the world on her own despite what happened to her parents, she couldn't help but feel sad saying goodbye to Mama. Mama who took her in –mainly because she didn't really have a choice- but loved her like her own anyways.

The journey was long and tiring but she was thankful for the people she had met along the way and the map given to her by a friend. It occurred to her why her parents had loved travelling so much and did it as often as they did. Many Moons had passed, and the closer she got to the Ancient Woods, the stranger her dreams got. Xylia was never one for dreaming or believing in messages in her dreams but sometimes when something happens one too many times, you have no choice but to believe it.

It came to a point when Xylia was travelling through the woods, she began following her instincts instead of her knowledge of what she knew was right. It was odd, and though she did trust her instinct, Xylia began travelling off the path and according to what she felt was right. The path she was paving in her mind was one that she had seen throughout her journey to the Ancient Woods, only she had seen it in her dreams. Not long after, she found herself staring at the night scenery of the town known as Espella. It was odd, but she arrived earlier than she had expected, what with the war that had been going on around these parts, Xylia had expected to encounter certain troublesome obstacles but her journey was smooth with little to no challenges.
Xylia found herself thinking the same thing when she stood in front of Lunate Monastery with no trouble. The gates were closed, as it were late into the rainy night and Xylia didn't want to stay out any longer. Despite the fact, that she knew these were ancient grounds, she couldn't help but try to sneak her way in and just find whoever The Elders told her to look for in the morning. It would have been no trouble for Xylia to sleep outside if it were not raining this heavily with thunder and lightning surrounding her. She climbed off her horse and tried to find another opening into the monastery, but failed. Just as she decided to find another form of shelter till morning came, the doors to the monastery opened and she was welcomed in. The person who greeted her introduced themselves as The Oracle, and the rest is history.

B O N D
Xylia wasn't exactly supposed to be where she was now. She awoken in the morning after spending nights with the oracle who informed her little to nothing about what they intended to do with her but instead she was taught about the existence of dragons and everything related to them. Xylia always knew they existed as Nepa Village spoke highly of them and how they taught the villagers how to preserve land and see the beauty of nature and its capabilities. They were to travel to the Tetra Estate after she was taught about the dragons and their existence. She had tried to ask so many different questions on the way to the estate but was always given short replies.

When they arrived, it was nightfall and Xylia was exhausted to no end. Even saying so, she had barely slept a wink that night; she was finally at her destination and she had been fed so much information but now she had no clue what was to happen of her. Being informed that she would be meeting several people at noon as she was lead to a room where she would be staying for the night, then left alone. All she knew was that she definitely wasn't leaving anytime soon, and this worried her. She had promised Mama she would return soon. When dawn broke, Xylia stretched herself out of bed and decided that if they weren't going to give her answers, she was going to look around for some. She had been patient enough, waiting the entire night and not to mention the journey here.

As she explored the outsides of the estate, enjoying being in nature after being so coped up in the Lunate Monastery and travelling for so long. She somehow found her way to very large doors. The doors seemed to lead to, what looked like, a stable, but the roof looked too high to host horses and other animals. She contemplated going in, and decided "why the heck not," seeing as she was only needed at noon. The doors looked too heavy for her to push, so she simply looked around and found an open window on the side. Even so, she still had to climb a tree to get it as the window was too high for her to reach.

She finally made it in, realising she hadn't thought her entire plan through thoroughly, as she hung from the inside of the window. She took a chance and kicked off the wall and to give herself space and tumbled onto the ground. "Oowh," she groaned, giving herself time to recover before standing up and stretching, patting the dirt of herself. "That could've ended horrid'ly," she stated to herself, not expecting a reply.

"Yes, it could have indeed," a deep, grumble replied in her mind.

Xylia's eyes were of a deer caught between hunters crossfire. The voice had been in her mind, she was sure of it. She looked around and observed the area she had trapped herself in and now realising that this must have been a dragon's nest –or whatever they called it. Xylia face palmed herself, now realising why Mama always scolded her when she got hurt. The voice offered a low chuckle, "You must either be very brave or very stupid to have entered without realising the consequences of your actions."

"Both…? I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to bother you, I was just exploring, and I didn't mean to intrude your home-" Xylia winced as she slowly turned around to look at the creature that had caught her red-handed. When her eyes finally landed on the beast, she couldn't help but stare, mouth agape at the size and the reality of seeing, what more being in front of a dragon. "Mighty dillweed! You're humongous!" Xylia continued, exclaiming so out loud, before covering her mouth to prevent herself from saying anything that could further get her killed.

The Olive Green dragon eyed the human redhead with fascination –never had he met one that was so talkative and didn't watch her tongue. "And you are small…" he mocked.

Xylia shrugged her shoulders, "I was not expecting to meet a dragon, I was just-"Xylia cleared her throat, and looked everywhere but the dragon, "I'm not supposed to be ere'," she mumbled, "The oracle's goin'ta murder me." She thought, not caring for the creature in front of her in the slightest as she paced back and forth.

The dragon watched as Xylia paced before huffing warm air that escaped his nostrils to Xylia, to grab her attention. "I, a dragon, stand before you and you're worried about a mere oracle "murdering you", small one?" The low voice grumbled.

Xylia turned to the dragon and grinned, "Are you actually… jealous, dragon?"

The Swamp Dragon turned his head to the side, actually offended by the question. "The nonsense that spew from human tongue –I could kill you right now, do you understand that?" he claimed, voice booming in her mind as he turned back to Xylia, resting his head low on the ground, giving himself a rather scary demeanour.

Xylia was shocked for a moment before offering the beast a warm smile, "I understand that!" she claimed, and continued, "But if you had wanted to kill me, you would have already done so, wouldn't ya?" she stated.

The dragon could only stare at the human before him with such a strange look. "What is your name, small one?"

"Xylia Kalei Iwalani," she stated, "But you can call me Xylia, if you please." Xylia stated and returned the question.

The Olive Dragon bowed his head down to Xylia's level, and eyed the human before finally stating, "My siblings call me Deventh." He paused, "Tell me, small one, do you know why you're here?"

Xylia stopped to think about it for a moment before shaking her head, "I was asked to visit the monastery by my Elders, and the oracle brought me here."

"Do you know what a bond is?" he asked another.

She nodded her head, "It's when a dragon and a human, or tamer are one –or something along the lines."

"Then you are educated." Deventh nodded his head with a pause, followed by another question. "Do you understand what I may be implying, human?"

Xylia paused, thinking about it, "You… do not have a Tamer?"

The olive dragon nodded his head. To that, Xylia smiled at Deventh before gesturing him to lower his head. Deventh, already fascinated at the human for being so oblivious to the danger that was before her and the opportunity that had just befallen her, lowered his head, curious.

Xylia then proceeded to reach out and pet the dragon, as though he were any other pet. She reached out slowly at first, unsure of her actions. But when her hand made contact with the smooth scales of the Swamp Dragon, she couldn't help but beam with excitement. "I wasn't expecting it to be hard, I thought your skin was going to be sticky, but it's not! And your legs…" she stated, the words just spewing out from her lips. "You have a beautiful shade of green! It reminds me of home!" she stated.

"You're very talkative." Deventh stated bluntly, stopping Xylia in her tracks.

Xylia looked at Deventh in the eye, "Oh! You finally noticed!" she grinned and Deventh faked an upset huff before resting his body on the ground and allowing himself to get to know the small human better. Until they were found a few hours later, already soul and mind bonded and one.

☪ Abilities/Skills
☪ Strengths
- Resourceful -

Xylia is resourceful when it comes to making medicine, traps or weapons with things around her, given the things around her suffice in making or building such.

- Animal Lover -
Xylia is a complete animal lover, and animals lover her. It must have been when she got lost that she tuned herself to the creatures and beings of the forest ground. It's fairly easy for her to gain the trust of an animal.

- Stealthy & Agile -
Due to being brought up in Nepa Village, the number next best to worshiping and learning about the land of which they came from is hunting. Hunting in the forest requires a lot of patience, but seeing as Xylia has none of that, she uses her stealth and agility to catch her dinner.

- Ranger -
Xylia knows the greens and browns of a forest like the back of her hand. She knows where to go for water, and where to go to get out. If anyone gets lost in a forest their best best would be with Xylia.

☪ Weaknesses
- Unfamiliar with Iron and Steel Weaponry -

Due to her upbringing, Xylia is very unfamiliar with "modern" weaponry. She prefers her staff, spear and slingshot.

- Unsophisticated -
Once again, due to her upbringing, Xylia can be seen as rather unsophisticated. At times, she can be considered acting rather childish when she acts out on her curiosity and ignorance.

- Adventurous -
Xylia is "adventurous". A term she prefers to use compared to "trespasser".

- Selfless -
Xylia is selfless. Though it may seem like an honest trait, it's not when it worries others considering she would pick up a fight or take an attack for someone she doesn't know or haven't met yet. (Though she always says that she knows that their good inside that makes her act out on impulse.)

☪ Bonded Ability
Prey Instinct
The user possesses instincts that allows them to become a master of evasion. Users with this ability can discern numerous factors of a situation, including how much of a threat a foe poses (what move they will make, where they are going, and if these things relate to bringing harm to the user), as well as how to hide without giving away one's presence, and how to preserve energy when running.

☪ Relationships
"Mother" . 65

☪ Dragon Name
- Deventh -

☪ Dragon Gender
- Male -

☪ Dragon Species
- Swamp Dragon -

☪ Dragon Species Description
These strange swamp dwelling dragons were once surrounded by a veil of mystery. It was not until Marjeik DuVaeld, a great dragon lord of the past, ventured deep into what are now the swamps of southern Sylvis and spent 30 days observing them in their natural habitat, that these creatures were truly understood. They are strong willed, hard headed creatures that despise being dominated. The only living being they will answer to is their tamer, and even then they only agree to obey out of the love and respect infused by the bond.

Olive dragons have a layer of thin, transparent scales over top their true coat of mucky, olive green scales. This thin layer gives the dragon a fluid appearance, like murky water rippling as their muscles move, allowing them to blend into their natural habitats. Their eyes are striking yellow, snakelike in appearance and their toes are webbed to assist in paddling through mucky swamp water. Their wings are a strange jungle green with veins that look a bit like vines sprawling through them. Truly one of the the more unusual breeds, these dragons make for interesting companions and unpredictable friends. Tamers who are chosen by the Olive dragon have more adventurous tales than most others thanks to the dragons' deep woven curiosity and inability to acknowledge warnings like "Do Not Enter". Their fire is a dark, mossy green.

☪ Dragon Abilities
☪ Hard Head ☪

These animals have the strongest will power of any dragon. They can survive even the toughest blows, by focusing their unpredecessed willpower into preserving their life force. It is extremely difficult to knock out an olive dragon.

☪ Immunity ☪
These dragons have adapted a natural immunity to poisons, sleep spores, and other ailments from years of swimming in mucky swamp waters.

☪ Instinct ☪
The olive dragons have developed a strong sense of when danger is near. They can judge personalities with ease and cannot be deceived easily.

☪ Dragon Personality
- Independent .Brave -

Deventh is, as to expected of a Swamp Dragon, rather independent. He likes working alone, as he feels its safer and better for those around him. Despite saying so, he's only as brave as a true dragon when he has to defend his siblings or do something mischievous.

- Rebellious. Apprehensive -
However, Deventh is still rebellious; keeping up with his true nature. Despite saying so, he can be rather apprehensive when it comes to putting his trust on someone other than his Tamer and his siblings.

- Observant. Quick Learner .Patient -
Deventh is observant when it come to the things he cares about or the things he wants to do and get away with. What this means is that Deventh's is also quick to learn certain things that quickly peak his interest. Because of this, he can is naturally very patient.

- Introvert -
As odd as it sounds, Deventh isn't an average introvert. He doesn't mind hanging out with his siblings from time to time, it's just that he prefers being by himself or being with only his tamer.

☪ Dragon Strengths
- Deventh's immunity gives him the ability to create antidotes to the poisons its immune to by using his saliva.
- Camouflage (only in forest/swamp areas)
- All senses are slightly heightened (only in forest/swamp areas)

☪ Dragon Weakness
- Despite the fact that it can survive the toughest of blows, it is susceptible to piercing weapons at a close range.
- Salt; it removes his immunity to poisons as it dries up the scales, making him vulnerable.

Reactions: B l u E s
<3 <3 It's nice to have you back. We have two Sarahs again ^^

It feels good to be back! :3 <3 Yeaah! Sorry, you aren't the only one anymore! xD

Lol it's okay. We've got two jays, too. I'm used to it!

I cannot wait to see more about Xylia, too. I adore that name.

Oh, yeah! FJ!
But heyy, you're still Sarah/RAINJay! You'll always be special! ^W^

Reactions: Rainjay
Anyways, Soul said you were having issues with your Skype, so just poke us here if ya wanna chat. I'm just about always online o: Always lurking about >:)

Reactions: Crimson77
Yeaaap! I don't know what's wrong with it, I'm suspecting it's my laptop :S But sure! No problem! Thanks very much! :D

Reactions: Rainjay
[Working on it!]

33xbz0j.jpg

☪ Name
Xylia Kalei Iwalani

☪ Age

☪ Gender
Female

☪ Hometown
Nepa Village, Calidar

☪ Personality
[TBA]

-Jubilee. Talkative-

-Caring. Kind-

-Rebellious. Impulsive-

-Impatient. Ignorant-

-Modest. Humble-

☪ History/Bio
B E F O R E

A F T E R

☪ Abilities/Skills ☪
☪ Strengths

☪ Weaknesses

☪ Bonded Ability

☪ Relationships
"Mother" . 65

☪ Dragon Name
- [TBA] -

☪ Dragon Gender
- Male -

☪ Dragon Species
- Swamp Dragon -

☪ Dragon Species Description
These strange swamp dwelling dragons were once surrounded by a veil of mystery. It was not until Marjeik DuVaeld, a great dragon lord of the past, ventured deep into what are now the swamps of southern Sylvis and spent 30 days observing them in their natural habitat, that these creatures were truly understood. They are strong willed, hard headed creatures that despise being dominated. The only living being they will answer to is their tamer, and even then they only agree to obey out of the love and respect infused by the bond.

Olive dragons have a layer of thin, transparent scales over top their true coat of mucky, olive green scales. This thin layer gives the dragon a fluid appearance, like murky water rippling as their muscles move, allowing them to blend into their natural habitats. Their eyes are striking yellow, snakelike in appearance and their toes are webbed to assist in paddling through mucky swamp water. Their wings are a strange jungle green with veins that look a bit like vines sprawling through them. Truly one of the the more unusual breeds, these dragons make for interesting companions and unpredictable friends. Tamers who are chosen by the Olive dragon have more adventurous tales than most others thanks to the dragons' deep woven curiosity and inability to acknowledge warnings like "Do Not Enter". Their fire is a dark, mossy green.

☪ Dragon Abilities
☪ Hard Head ☪

These animals have the strongest will power of any dragon. They can survive even the toughest blows, by focusing their unpredecessed willpower into preserving their life force. It is extremely difficult to knock out an olive dragon.

☪ Immunity ☪
These dragons have adapted a natural immunity to poisons, sleep spores, and other ailments from years of swimming in mucky swamp waters.

☪ Instinct ☪
The olive dragons have developed a strong sense of when danger is near. They can judge personalities with ease and cannot be deceived easily.

☪ Dragon Personality
TBA

☪ Dragon Strengths

☪ Dragon Weakness

She looks really interesting :) can't wait to see more of her!

• Love
Reactions: Crimson77