[OOC][INVITE ONLY] Reign of Discord - Silence Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: I'll be changing my character's first name soon. Too many characters with names starting with A, it's bugging me. XD I only had him saved as Aedrin from last time this RP was started.

EDIT: DONE! He is now named Tomas Fylan~

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been considering and after lots of consideration, I think I'll discreetly excuse myself from this roleplay. I like world building maybe more than this story allows. :] Have a delightful time on my behalf.

skip to 19:30.

I leave this video as inspiration for how casting might look like, btw some graphic violence is depicted as the monsters are slain.

o.O I have no idea what that video is of and can't understand what the subtitles say. I'd try listening with the volume up, but I'm in class right now.

@PotatoChipGolem - Sad to hear that. I'm one of the Iwaku GM's that's quite anal about worldbuilding so I make sure I have details hashed out before I start. There's a reason I only ever have one or two RP's going and it takes me months to come up with new ones. :P

I know. But we should not be sad. This is very well written. It is merely not something I want to play in at the moment.

I like it. But I worry that I might loose interest in it if I played a way I did not like, in it. Then my continuous posting becomes a thorn in it's side. Till it becomes unbearable for you all. So to abjure such a disaster, I must leave it. Till'haps I be inspired tocreate a character once again.

@PotatoChipGolem, fair enough.

Everyone else, well, I'm just going to say that if you look hard enough, you're gonna notice something's different. Anyway, take note of what is different and try to crack it. Remember that. I'll be dropping hints about what the hell's going on in the RP every so often, but they're aaaaall going to be obscured.

(Let me know if I missed anything or messed something up. I had to finish this up on my phone so it is a little tricky to check for errors.)

Name:
Eric Onseen
Nationality: Dovryn
Appearance: Short Background: Eric does not come from a wealthy background, his parents were farmers and like his brothers and sisters he was taught how to work the land. He was not as built as his two older brothers but he always seemed to managed well enough and while he kept a lanky build he was very wirey. In truth he had had no intention of becoming a swordsinger. The land was fertile but there is always more work to be done on a farm and for all the glory, honor, and fame that surrounded the Citadel Eric liked the simple life of a farmer, found joy in making things grow. But that option was taken from him around the time of his eighth birthday.

Early one morning he left the house to venture out into the woods that grew about a mile from the village to collect some kindling and any wild edibles that he found. Known to be a day dreamer and to have his head constantly in the clouds his family did not think it odd that he didn't return by the noon meal. However by evenfall they were near panic and still Eric did not come back. His father and eldest brother searched the village and the surrounding fields but could not find him only in the morning when their friends could help them did they manage to find the boy. Out cold he was lying on his back blood matting the hair on the back of his head and staining the grass underneath his skull. His lips were blue from spending the night outside and he was rushed back to his own house where he spent the next three days unconscious. When he did finally wake up his world had gone black.

It took about a month for Eric to recover, what he could, from the trauma however his parents were well aware that the first year after the incident was very tough on the boy. True as time went by his hearing got more and more acute and it was not all that long that he could navigate his way to town and back, but things that had once been so easy became impossible and this disheartened the lad. The once outgoing boy became more and more withdrawn and depressed. He tried to never let his own sadness effect the rest of his family, always putting on a big smile and laughing along with them but they could tell that he was not happy. On a chance his father finally relented and took him to the Citadel, hoping that perhaps one of the Swordsingers could do something for Eric's eyes. They deemed that his eyes were beyond help but found that he passed the Song test and so he was admitted as an Initiate.

To aid him he was taught a simple Canticle that when combined with his own enhanced hearing let him navigate the world using what he heard rather than what he saw. And things only got better when he met his to be partner Dalphene. The two were inseparable and while all their friends knew that they would be partners in the other sense of the words they only made it official when they requested a single room when they were promoted to Swordsinger. For a couple years they hung around as Perceptors until the need to travel and stretch their wings led them away. However in the last year they have returned, although the rumor is that they were only staying long enough to find a place of their own and start a family.

Personality:
All in all Eric is a very sweet person, and he is known to try and make friends with everyone, with differing degrees of success. A dependence on his ears has made him a very good listener and he has no qualms with either sitting someone for hours just letting them talk something out with him or getting up in the middle of the night if ward off a friend or student's nightmare with a kind word or two. He and Delphene were seen always viewed as one, always working together to protect and aid the other, and while they might have had very different teaching styles, Delphene would be the one to push a student to almost beyond their limits and Eric would pick them up, dust them off and set them back on their feet, they worked well together and it surprised no one when they got married. Always the clever talker Eric volunteered to be part of the delegation and of course Delphene went along however only one of them made it back to the Citadel.
Band: Singer
Equipment/Magical Abilities:
Eric rarely goes anywhere without his quarterstaff as it functions not just as his only physical weapon but also as a walking stick.

Canticle of Echoes: One of he first songs he ever learned and most definently the first one he mastered this song, when sung correctly, gives the target of the song greatly increased hearing. Most often Eric will simply use the tune of the song but if he needs a greater range or more detail he will use the words as well.

Heart of the Storm: Contrary to what one might assume from the name this is actually a lullaby. When casted powerfully enough it does have some healing abilities however it's main use is in calming and soothing those within range whether that be a person with a heart full of fury or a raging tempest.

Dragon's Breath: this is actually a song that Eric learned while he was traveling. It is a Shanty that summons up a thick wall of fog that blankets the ground. It can be good for a retreat or surprise attack but the only down side is that allies have their visibility cut down just as much as enemies.

Briar Patch: This treesong causes thick vines to grow out of the ground and attach onto the person or persons that happened to be standing over them.

Other: Delphene is his partne and his wife so to say that he likes her would be a drastic understatement. She is Danser known to be a relentless fighter with a shirt temper that, while versed in the use of more traditional weapons, enjoys using the meteor hammer.

Last edited:
@Nevvy, I believe you only need the important people part of your character sheet, and you should be good to go.

@ET4252, I presume his wife is his important person?

Yup, that is correct. I was going to put more detail about what happened as they tried to escape in the first post.

@ET4252 Awesome. Feel free to post. However, if you'd like, you could go and read the more recent Roleplay Cove logs because Faulkner and I RP'ed the escape of Gwyne and his bumping into Tomas there. Although at the time, Tomas was still known as Aedrin. I believe that may help.

Awww I want a banner too!

It's not just a banner! It's a primer! An introduction to the writing system that I will use to conceal all the plot hints. :D

Could I actually grab a link or something for the log? Having a bit of trouble finding it (could be the fact that I am on my phone but I digress).

*eyes Malk and his sneaky ways*

Lyrael Fal'Dhir
Nationality: Renalan
Band: Marksmen

imagejpg1-1.jpg

At her best, she is confident to the point of cocky, relying on rumours of her abilities to precede her. When she perceives people in orbit to respect her, she is unafraid to share her impish sense of humour, to take charge and lead those around her. In these circumstances, she comes off as strong, magnetic, independent, and fearless.

Her worst comes out when she feels small and insignificant, when she has to rely simply on her personality to befriend and command the respect of those around her. As easy as she finds it to have a conversation about javelins or weather Songs or battle tactics, it is correspondingly difficult for her to gossip or make small talk. When her skill with a bow and arrow-- by far her weapon of choice-- fails to command authority, Lyrael is usually at a loss for what to do. Additionally, despite her talent, she has only earned a single golden chain to add to her Adryn. This only adds to her fear that she is unworthy to rise to greatness.

Lyriel is largely self-centered, and cares most about self-preservation and rising in the world. As long as her relationships and surroundings are stable, she takes a passive stance towards the politics of friends and Fynia.

Lyrael was born in Elar, a small city on the Southeast corner of Renala, the first port North of Dovry.

Lyrael's father worked on a merchant vessel, and was often away for months at a time. Being the second youngest of six, Lurael had few responsibilities growing up, as her four elder brothers took care of the household and learned to catch and sell fish from the local fishermen in the employ of Lupendren lords. Lyrael often tagged along, stowing herself away in the fishing boats before sunrise. She was usually discovered by mid morning, but as long as she didn't bother the fishermen too much, they took pity on her and taught her sea shanties as they worked. The shanties were sometimes rude, sometimes true Songs, and sometimes a bit of both.

Her mother tried to soften her by teaching her canticles and paeans, encouraging Lyrael to learn both the vocal and flute parts. She brought Lyrael to the fishermen's wives, where they taught her how to gut and descale fish, and how to repair fishing nets. But this was not enough.

Just after Lyrael's twelfth spring, her father's ship arrived in port. Lyrael used her years of practice and stowed away on the merchant ship which was sailing South to Dovry. Upon arriving at port, she realized that she was leagues and leagues away from reaching the Citadel, and spent the next three years trying to get there.

Eventually, she joined up with a travelling band of acrobats, actors and storytellers, hoping that with them, she stood a better chance of arriving at the Citadel than not. As they traveled, they taught her how to dance and flip over backwards, to pickpocket, and leap into the air and spin thrice before landing. She listened to their stories, half-histories and half -legends that ranged from the Treesingers to the first great Kingdom of Arath'olyen. They played and sang together. Though they were rarely the true Songs of her childhood they and did not intentionally wield the power of the Lifestream, they spread hope and joy anyways.

When the troupe finally arrived at the Citadel, just after her sixteenth autumn, Lyrael was unsure if she really wanted to be a Swordsinger after all. But upon arriving at the Citadel she met Oralee, a black haired, slanted-eyed ragamuffin who looked nearly as bedraggled as Lyrael's own troupe. Oralee said that she had come to the Citadel to be a Singer-- and at her first word Lyrael could understand why. Her voice was deep for a girl's and resonant despite her youth, and every word she said sounded smoother and more complex than any vintage Lyrael has ever tasted. Captivated, Lyrale abandoned her second family with nearly the same selfishness with which she's abandoned the first. It wasn't that she did not love them all-- it was just that...well. Lyrael would later blame it on youthful impulse.

As an initiate, Lyrael's rather turbulent personality was seen as a good match for joining the Maestro band. Although she was not the most skillful singer, the raw power of her songs, coupled with practiced self-control, would likely make her a powerful Maestro. However, she knew that Maestros were partnered with Instruments. And Oralee wanted to be a Singer. Not being a very tall young woman, Lyrael elected not to join the sword-swinging band of Dansers, but the band of long-ranged weapon-wielding Marksmen instead.

This proved to be a fortunate choice. Lyrael's acrobatic training was more useful than she could have imagined. She had learned in her second year as a Skylark not only to shoot arrows accurately, but that if she held arrows between her fingers instead of in her quiver, she could loose all three, one after the other, in two seconds. Once she had mastered this technique, she started accomplishing this feat of speed and accuracy while jumping, spinning, and leaping. Her partner, Oralee, would Sing for her as she completed these acrobatic feats. Sharpening Lyrael's arrows, boosting the speed and height at which Lyrael could propel herself as she leaped, and improving Lyrael's eyesight were just a few of the Songs which Oralee had composed to make them an unstoppable team. It took them seven years of constant practice before they could endure the Nightingale test.

At twenty-five, Lyrael and Oralee received their Adryns. Since then, they have gone to Renala and back. In accordance with Oralee's dream to learn of Treesingers, they have visited many cities and forests in pursuit of this knowledge.

Equipment:
Recurved Composite Bow
Throwing Knives
Horse
Light Armor

Magic:
Rhapsody of Blades: Sung with Oralee, this Song aims to make the blades of Lyrael's knives and arrows so sharp that they can pierce through armor and bone from a long distance. Oralee leads the Song, andLyrael sings specific words intent on giving the song more force.

Canticle of the Eagle: When Lyrael sings this song, her the range of her eyesight increases tremendously, allowing her to make an accurate shot from 300 meters away. Her eyesight is only improved as she sings the song.

Shanty of Whispers: Sung in a low voice, this shanty aims at calming winds, so that her arrows will strike true even from a distance.

Important people who are abducted:
Has a long standing romantic attachment to her Singer, Oralee Torlo. Unwilling to admit to herself how much she loves Oralee for fear of Oralee's rejection of the notion that they could be life-partners, their relationship remains closer to the anachronistic term "friends with benefits".

Last edited by a moderator:
@Nevvy, could you quickly add the important people so I can give you the go-ahead to post?

@ET4252, it's likely the fact that you're using mobile. Can you access a PC? If not, I can always just post the logs in my blog at some point.

I wasn't exactly done with the other stuff but I guess I'll just shrug that off. I edited in the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.