[OOC] Pokemon Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well. My post has been deleted.

[QUOTE="Noctis the Devious, post: 2512698, member: 5184']

I'm also implementing a new rule: when a new arc first starts, there will be no replying again until everyone replies. I'll give five days to allow everyone to post before I start poking at those who didn't. I wouldalso prefer it if everyone used all of their characters. If you can't manage the characters you've created, feel free to make them an NPC and I'll make a list just for them. This prevents others from getting lost and allows for more opportunities of interaction.[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of rules like this I'd much prefer if we have to just wait every 24 hours or 48 hours for everyone to post rather than 5 days. Mainly because the rp would progress faster, and a lesser chance of having the rp die due to more than one person going inactive. Like a lot of rps I've been in died that way.

Sorry, but not only am I usually busy, but I don't like fast paced rps, a lot of times people get lost or left behind and the roleplay dies anyway because people begin dropping. But trust me when I say I know what I'm doing :P I have hosted and co-host groups off site that lasted over a year and accumulated over a thousand posts. Not to mention my style is influenced by Illium, which is the main reason I haven't replied yet >.< That roleplay can be difficult sometimes even for advanced roleplayers.

But if it's a problem, I'll put it at three days. In any case, I won't be replying until Monday. I have guests over and my sleeping schedule is still whack.

Last edited:
I see. So the RP pace is slow and steady. I like fast but too fast is too fast for me, so a balance is needed to ensure that people are active and able to keep up and the RP doesn't die from sheer deserted mannerisms.

Hey Noctis is it fine with you if Monkullus's ampharos could mega evolved? Since it only last until the end of the battle and makes ampharos a little stronger (ampharos as of gen VI has a base stat of 510, its mega evolution raises it to 610 and makes ampharos into a electric/dragon type and changes its current ability to mold breaker http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ampharos_(Pokémon) for what ampharos's mega evolution looks like )

Also since you aren't well read on mege stones and evolution I'll summarize it in this post and not have you read an entire bulbapedia article.

Only a single pokemon per trainer may mega evolve, so even if someone has two pokemon that can mega evolve only one those can do so. Status conditions can't prevent pokemon from mega evolving and recalling a mega evolved pokemon won't revert it back, ending the battle or if it faints will. A trainer also needs a keystone to activate their Pokemon's mega stone, a key stone is usually attached to something like a bracelet, ring or necklace basically any accessory the trainer wants the key stone to be on. (Monkulus wears hers on a silver bracelet on her right wrist while her ampharos wears its mega stone on a black coloured collar)

Oh yea, the trainer is also required to have a strong bond with the pokemon, otherwise no mega evolution.

I'm asking this cause I have a little plot in mind about Monkulus trying to mega evolve her ampharos but is really hesitant to do so as she has never tried it before and doesn't know how it will turn out, you'd expect 20 years of battle experience she would thoroughly know all about that stuff but she doesn't know everything about pokemon.

Noctis previously said Megas weren't allowed, but if she changes her mind I'll consider it for Lucario and/or Altaria.

Oh yea Ihave more questions!

Since in the sign up forms we were asked to list two abilities including hidden ones, does that mean the pokemon will have two abilities at a time? Like tyrantrum having strong jaw which means bite based attacks are stronger and also has rock head and so moves like take down won't do any recoils damage.

And also will we be rolling a dice to determine secondary effects of moves? Since I believe those are pretty much luck based, of course a move that has a 100% chance to cause a secondary effect wouldn't need a dice roll though not sure about moves with like 60 - 70% to cause a secondary effect though.

During official tournament battles is there gonna be mixed terrain battle fields? As far as I seen on the anime the terrain on the battle field can switched with fancy nancy technology, honestly I think that could be a lot of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Altaria can mega evolve??....

Now I'm gonna look at that list because there may be more Pokémon I didn't know could do this. ._.

Altaria can mega evolve??....

Now I'm gonna look at that list because there may be more Pokémon I didn't know could do this. ._.

It was added in the gen 3 remakes I think, even rayquaza can mega evolve (much to the utter horror of uber tier players) though rayquaza doesn't need a mega stone, it just needs to know the move Dragon Ascent. And also Latios and Latias.

• Thank You
Reactions: Takumi
Yeah, Mega Altaria is Dragon/Fairy which was I thought I'd choose it over Hydreigon or something.

• Useful
Woah this thread is active today xD

Hey Noctis is it fine with you if Monkullus's ampharos could mega evolved? Since it only last until the end of the battle and makes ampharos a little stronger (ampharos as of gen VI has a base stat of 510, its mega evolution raises it to 610 and makes ampharos into a electric/dragon type and changes its current ability to mold breaker http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ampharos_(Pokémon) for what ampharos's mega evolution looks like )

Also since you aren't well read on mege stones and evolution I'll summarize it in this post and not have you read an entire bulbapedia article.

Only a single pokemon per trainer may mega evolve, so even if someone has two pokemon that can mega evolve only one those can do so. Status conditions can't prevent pokemon from mega evolving and recalling a mega evolved pokemon won't revert it back, ending the battle or if it faints will. A trainer also needs a keystone to activate their Pokemon's mega stone, a key stone is usually attached to something like a bracelet, ring or necklace basically any accessory the trainer wants the key stone to be on. (Monkulus wears hers on a silver bracelet on her right wrist while her ampharos wears its mega stone on a black coloured collar)

Oh yea, the trainer is also required to have a strong bond with the pokemon, otherwise no mega evolution.

I'm asking this cause I have a little plot in mind about Monkulus trying to mega evolve her ampharos but is really hesitant to do so as she has never tried it before and doesn't know how it will turn out, you'd expect 20 years of battle experience she would thoroughly know all about that stuff but she doesn't know everything about pokemon.

Oh, so that's how that works :o That actually sounds Kind of cool. I guess I'll allow mega evolutions (@Shadows).

Oh yea Ihave more questions!

Since in the sign up forms we were asked to list two abilities including hidden ones, does that mean the pokemon will have two abilities at a time? Like tyrantrum having strong jaw which means bite based attacks are stronger and also has rock head and so moves like take down won't do any recoils damage.

Yep! I thought this would be interesting to include just to see how ypu guys utilize them. I also thought it male battling more interesting x3

And also will we be rolling a dice to determine secondary effects of moves? Since I believe those are pretty much luck based, of course a move that has a 100% chance to cause a secondary effect wouldn't need a dice roll though not sure about moves with like 60 - 70% to cause a secondary effect though.

I don't know about this. If I do decide, I think I'll make everyone use a ten-faced die just to simplify things, and you'd have to get above five for it to work. Sound good?

During official tournament battles is there gonna be mixed terrain battle fields? As far as I seen on the anime the terrain on the battle field can switched with fancy nancy technology, honestly I think that could be a lot of fun.

There will special battle fields for trainers to use, kind of like in Yu-Gi-Oh, but none-that will be able to change. This is an island after all, not a high maintenance building :P

Question, are you still accepting? If so, I'd like to join.

Yep ^.^

I guess I'll intertwine between Lucario and Altaria for Megas, if that's the case.

Alright the dice roll thing sounds good!

Also will there be new posts anytime soon now? I really want the rp to get going and also I might make another character :p.

My my reply now (it's officially Monday where I'm at). I'll give everyone who hasn't replied yet until tonight then I'll give then a pm.

I noticed a lot of people haven't even made their starter post.

Hopefully at least a few people would be active in the rp.

By what I mean a lot I mean a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.