[OOC] Pokemon Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I had a thought,and this could go one or two ways:

I can either have you guys edit your character sheets to include your PokeChips [you start off with three mind you], or you guys can include them at the top of your posts everytime your battle starts. Or I can simply leave it up to you. PokeChip Emoji:

new_pokeball_emoticon_by_grovyle_n_wolfluvr.png

What do you guys think?

Well, we do need some way to keep track. I'm leaning towards the former. The latter requires less editing and is less tedious, but it's harder to keep track.

azami___pokemon_trainer_oc_by_yukidemon-d6s2oby.png

Name:
Monkulus D'Collete
Side:
Neutral
Experience:
20 years
Strengths:
-Very calculating and observant, especially of pokemon battles
-Is very calm and professional in dire situations
-Strategic and a quick decision maker
-Dirty fighter
-Very confident
Weaknesses:
-Arrogant
-Sometimes doesn't care for others and or their pokemon jut as long she gets what she wants
-Often oversteps her limits, including underestimating the strength of another trainer
-Rebellious and prefers to be in authority rather than having someone boss her around
-Sassy, snarly, and overall rather rude and her brutal honesty can really hurt another person's feelings
Region:
Kalos
Personality:
Monkulus a very pride and rather arrogant trainer and mostly caring more about winning and being better than her older sister, than actually care about her friends, thus making her rather unpleasant to be around but there is a silver lining to her personality, she will often give less experienced trainers tips on battling and such though her words can really hurt sometimes but she's more about tough love really.
Short Bio:
Monkulus was born and raised into a fairly wealthy family in the Kalos region and has a older sister who is 10 years older than her.
Her older sibling went on a journey by herself until Monkulus reached ten years old, and her sibling returns and takes her under her wing for a time.

While she had gotten all the badges around Kalos, she has lost every battle against her older sibling and her jealousy of her more experienced trainer grew strong enough that she had stopped talking to her completely as despite all her hard training, she felt her efforts were being wasted until she hears about a certain competition and decides to join it, so she can prove she is better than her older sibling who has moved on to other things.
Willing to Play NPCs:
Yes, though mostly if I want or need to.

Pokemon Team:

Species:
Tyrantrum
Nickname:
Helga
Type:
Rock/Dragon
Special Ability:
Strong Jaw
Hidden Ability:
Rock Head

Species:
Rapidash
Nickname:
Parrish
Type:
Fire
Special Ability:
Flash Fire
Hidden Ability
Flame Body

Species:
Sylveon
Nickname:
Dorothy
Type:
Fairy
Special Ability:
Cute Charm
Hidden Ability:
Pixellate

Species:
Ampharos
Nickname:
Light
Type:
Electric
Special Ability:
Static
Hidden Ability
Plus

Species:
Lanturn
Nickname:
Lampy
Type:
Water/Electric
Special Ability:
Volt Absorb
Hidden Ability
Water Absorb

Species:
Staraptor
Nickname:
Delta
Type:
Normal/Flying
Special Ability:
Intimidate
Hidden Ability
Reckless

Note: SheShe isn't gonna keep her "wanna be better than my sibling" mentally forever
[Center/]​
[/CENTER][/CENTER]

Since I haven't made my first post I assume I can still change her pokemon team.

I replaced houndoom with rapidssh and glaceon wit sylveon, hope you guys don't mind, I was gonna change itmuc earlier but I didn't have time.

Also I have a question. How would a pokemon like lanturn or gyrados battle on a land based field? It would be a bit unfair if they won't be able to take part in battle cause there is no water.

Or would they just magically levitate or something?

Oh yea can our pokemon interact with other pokemon? Like having them speak to each other and such while their trainers can't understand but other pokemon can, cause itd be cool having them have individual little personalites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I haven't made my first post I assume I can still change her pokemon team.

I replaced houndoom with rapidssh and glaceon wit sylveon, hope you guys don't mind, I was gonna change itmuc earlier but I didn't have time.

Alright, but no more changes.

Also I have a question. How would a pokemon like lanturn or gyrados battle on a land based field? It would be a bit unfair if they won't be able to take part in battle cause there is no water.

Or would they just magically levitate or something?

Oh yea can our pokemon interact with other pokemon? Like having them speak to each other and such while their trainers can't understand but other pokemon can, cause itd be cool having them have individual little personalites.

Any water Pokemon seen fighting on land can fight on land, like Gyradose, though mobility will be restricted, but fish-like Pokemon such as Munira's Carvanha and Monkulus' Lantern will have to use special water arenas.

Pokemon are already implied to have individual personalities. What you choose to do with that is up to you and the other players.

It's a real shame Laturn can't learn Magnet Rise.

Let's see...

... yeah I don't think Dragalge can slither like a serpent much. It's a big seahorse after all. Maybe it can. Huntail and Gorebyss probably can slither on land, and an extra Shell Smash should make them do so smoothly.

Name: Vance Adkins
Side: Trainer
Experience: 8 years
Strengths: Strategy and tricks
Weaknesses: Brute strength and attacks only
Appearance:
large.jpg
Region: Unova
Personality: Very cocky and rather full of himself. He can be really flirtatious at all the wrong moments and thinks very highly of himself. But even with this bad boy appearance, hes really sweet when nobody's paying attention. He cares very much for his party and will do anything for them. He also can be naive and kind of stupid at times.
Short Bio: TBA
Willing to Play NPCs: Yes

Pokemon Team:

gengar-gif.9710

Species: Gengar
Type: Ghost/Poison
Special Ability: Levitate
Hidden Ability: N/A

Garchomp-F_XY.gif

Species: Garchomp
Type: Dragon/Ground
Special Ability: Sandveil
Hidden Ability: Rough Skin

arcanine.gif

Species: Arcanine
Type: Fire
Special Ability: Flash Fire
Hidden Ability: Justified

Sharpedo_XY.gif

Species: Sharpedo
Type: Water/Dark
Special Ability: Rough Skin
Hidden Ability: Speed Boost

zoroark_xy_sprite_by_beavercop-d4nuzjw.gif
zoroark_xy_sprite_by_beavercop-d4nuzjw.gif

Species: Zoroark
Type: Dark
Special Ability: Illusion
Hidden Ability: N/A

405.gif

Species: Luxray
Type: Electric
Special Ability: Rivalry/Intimidate
Hidden Ability: Guts​

Hey Noctis are there gonna be like mini games such as races and stuff on land water? Or maybe capture the flag with t least one, three or two (your choice) pokemon from their team. I imagine that being a pokemon master doesnt just involve having strong pokemon I imagine being bonded with them is also important. Plus stuff like these would be pretty fun.

On the other hand I slightly dislike the fact that legendaries are allowed but I doubt that means they'd win all the time , at least hopefully.

On the other hand, can people switch pokemon on their team for one stored in their PC? Like in the games and anime, the rules simply mention pokemon caught on the island not already caught outside of it, I'm asking this cause I plan Monkulus to change a pokemon or two from her team for a pokemon she had already caught much later on in the rp that is if its allowed.

Reactions: Takumi
On the other hand I slightly dislike the fact that legendaries are allowed but I doubt that means they'd win all the time , at least hopefully.

Pretty much this. Don't want Legendaries to pull a Tobias and Darkrai.

Pretty much this. Don't want Legendaries to pull a Tobias and Darkrai.

Yea i don't want that too, I honestly hate that episode now as I realized Tobias is just there to keep Ash from winning the tournament, no explanation how he got a probably entire team of legendaries at all.

Plus legendaries are ridiculously stronger in the anime and movies than they do in the games.

Well hopefully Tyrunnt's yveltal doesn't ruin anyone's fun.

Hey Noctis are there gonna be like mini games such as races and stuff on land water? Or maybe capture the flag with t least one, three or two (your choice) pokemon from their team. I imagine that being a pokemon master doesnt just involve having strong pokemon I imagine being bonded with them is also important. Plus stuff like these would be pretty fun.
There will be special events held and things of the like, yes ^.^ I probably won't introduce these until round two and how often they should be hosted I'll leave up to you guys. Maybe every other round or something like that?

Yeah, but at the same time, Legendaries aren't unbeatable and have their own weaknesses and strengths. While Tyrannt may be a formidable oponent, a good stradegy and the right Pokemon will beat him just like any other trainer.

On the other hand, can people switch pokemon on their team for one stored in their PC? Like in the games and anime, the rules simply mention pokemon caught on the island not already caught outside of it, I'm asking this cause I plan Monkulus to change a pokemon or two from her team for a pokemon she had already caught much later on in the rp that is if its allowed.
Nope. What ever Pokemon you brought with you is the Pokemon you have to keep for offical matches unless you do the switch for a Pokemon you caught on the island.

On a side note, I'm giving the players who haven't replied to the IC thread yet until Monday before I begin sending out PMs. This Includes @Shadows and @NyanCat15. If you're just busy and can't reply until a later date or change your mind, that's cool too, but I kind of need to know to keep the roleplay going o.o; If you're not typically a fast replier that's alright too, but it'd help to know.

Last edited:
Ah alright thanks for the clarificatiom .

And yea maybe if Ash actually had a fully evolved team he could of beaten Tobias, really I imagined having garchomp would have helpep a lot.

In the meantime I'll just wait until someone wants to interact with my character now or if I get bored and have her battle a NPC instead.

I kind of think it's a good idea for Tsubasa to fight Monkulus.

I think that's a pretty good idea too! So let's have them battle :D though I might respond tomorrow cause I have school that's like 8 AM to 5 PM ;_; but let's battle anyway :D

I'm waiting for a response from Noctis before I can estimate when Tsubasa will be ready to head into the fray.

Alright I'll wait for that then.

Also a question for Noctis, trainers can't use items during battle right? Cause I'm mostly assuming the can't but I want more clarification just in case.

They can use items during battles.

Crow, I don't mean to sound rude, but could you not leave interacton with someone for interacting with someone else? My response to you was not only already in the works but was meant to highlight important details. I love that you're planning with other people, but refrain from excluding characters from the story in doing so.

I'm also implementing a new rule: when a new arc first starts, there will be no replying again until everyone replies. I'll give five days to allow everyone to post before I start poking at those who didn't. I wouldalso prefer it if everyone used all of their characters. If you can't manage the characters you've created, feel free to make them an NPC and I'll make a list just for them. This prevents others from getting lost and allows for more opportunities of interaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.