[OOC] Pokemon Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
No ones from Unova either :) Usually ICs attract attention to roleplays so hopefully more players join in after that's up.

Oh and also. Even though it won't be for a LONG time. How do you plan on determining "who will win" the tournament?

I actually haven't figured that out o.o Maybe using a voting system? But at the same time I don't want players voting for their favorite player as oppose to voting because of their battling skills (I pretty much don't want to turn it into a popularity contest). But I might as well say Red (played by me if no one else wants do it) can win. Just because you guys are the main characters doesn't mean you automatically win :P Even Ash lost the Indigo League.

If you guys have any suggestions on how to decide winners I open to hearing them :3

I should also mention all player characters should make it into the finals unless you decide to drop. Then you'll be defeated.

Well I already have a good scenario where Lucy and Tyrannt clash at the finals. So one of them is without a doubt going to get farther than the other.

Sweet, got any input?

I haveth ariven!
I recommend a dice roll to see who win's the tournament.
But what happens after we have proclaimed winner?

I have an idea, why not have a sequel? If we do that I have an idea based off the Battle city arch

The roleplay ends ^^; We can always start over though. Just keep playing until someone else is deemed champion and then work to challenge them.

If we do dice roll, I'm going full out D&D up in here.

Ooh, Shadows idea is good too ^.^

Why not just roll 1 - 10 and have the highest roll win. Of corse I'm probably going to lose if we do it like that, my luck is terrible. Fecal matter has better luck than I do XD.

This is a Pokemon RP. I think it's best to fight it out instead of using luck based methods.

Like, don't select any chosen one. Just fight it out.

Again, I have a scenario where Tyrannt and Lucy duke it out in the finals. They don't have to be THE top two but it would make the moment much more amazing if they were... If you knew what I had planed that is. I even have the song picked out too XD. Guess you could say I thought of everything for the long run.

Because luck doesn't determine skill >:[ D&D is a battle simulator. Even if some of the mechanics are bogged down by some of it, it gets results.

I like Crow's idea though. As long as you guys don't fight, make a big fuss,god mod, power play, this will be the chosen thingy [i forget words so often...].

We'll shadow just said he's ready and Lizzy finished their char. Looks like we are all set to start tomorrow.

I'm so excited to start this tomorrow that I might not get any sleep tonight XD

EDIT: I have just a few more ions before we start today.

1. Is there any limit to the NUMBER of moves a Poke'mon can learn? You said in the rules that when it comes to the moves them selves there is no limit (so long as it's in their pool I'm guessing) but nothing about how many moves they can have. I ask because some RPs allow you to have more than 4 and even have no limit at all. (I think this would give everyone more room to make more complex strategies)

2. Are TMs reusable or disposable in this RP? Or are TMs not allowed?

3. What are the rules for HMs? Are they restricted to battle or are free to use them where ever?

4. Since this is based off the duelist kingdom arch, dose that mean we can expect to take part in similar events of it? Like fighting trainers with certain teams to Mach this games version of Weedle Underwood and Rex Raptor? Or the part with the maze?

Last edited:
I said what I meant and meant what I said: there's absolutely no limit unless your a newer trainer :)

I'm going with Crow's logic: TM and HMs are more of a game mechanic than anything. If your Pokemon has wings it can fly (just don't hopping on a Pegiotte and expect it to carry you; size matters!) and if it has fins and gills it can swim. Pokemon are naturally equipped to use the abilities TMs provide so there's really no place for them here.

If you want your Pokemon to learn a hidden moves you have to put in time and effort to teach them these hidden moves. No downloading a disk or whatever and having your Pokemon magically know it.

No. This game is simply inspired by the Arc, it's not going to mirrior it. That wouldn't be interesting. But challenges, special events, and obstacles will be present to make things interesting.

On the subject of arcs, I think I'll seperate the island part into ten arcs with each taking a couple of weeks to a month to complete, snd each arc will be centered around aforementioned challenges, events, obstacles, as well character development and what ever side stories you guys want to cover and explore.

Now, without further ado:

IC

Last edited:
So, I'm guessing that certain players can teach tutor others certain moves? Much like a move tutor?

So, I'm guessing that certain players can teach tutor others certain moves? Much like a move tutor?

Maybe, but I clear won't need it due to my character's experience

I was thinking of Tsubasa teaching qualifiable Pokemon a certain move, should they defeat her in a battle. It's somewhat obvious what this move is.

Status
Not open for further replies.