OOC - Lux Tenebris (The Light of Darkness)

The link to the IC is near the top of the first post. :P.

There are, so far, three men of science in the RP. :P.

Also, Ming, if you want to join, 'tis alright.

I'm not even a scientist... more like an apprentice/ assistant to the scientist

Nyin
[DASH=gold]
Female
Elynian
Ignis
Flicker
Artist​
[/DASH]​

[DASH=gold]
Brief Bio:
Ever since she was created, she allways had enjoyed observing the Lighthouses once thought to be safe. Over a great amount of time, she had painted, drawn, and doodled multipal images of these Lighthouses from when they were in their former glory. Now, that everything had changed, she can't find the urge to pick up the brush, no longer finding the spark to continue what she was built to do.

Scared, afraid of her own shadow for it might eat her alive. Nyin tries to live her life away from everyone else, secluded in her home where she is surrounded by the objects she had created. Her paintings, drawings, and sculptures of people, places of her country she once visited, and the ever present Lighthouse modle. If it was up to her, she would destroy every last masterpiece she had created due to the frustrasion of not coming up with a new idea in a long time. She's lost with out her artwork.

nyin_former-apperance.jpg

<tbody>
</tbody>
[/DASH]

I think my dude is pretty much the head scientist of Sol. So like, our scientist dudes should start a little nerd club.

Btw, I didn't add alot to the Character sheet because Im kinda confused on the story that you guys are building. I'm going to wait for the creater to give me some informasion based on some questions I have that need to be awensered.

Have you read properly through the OOC? Hmm...

Well, first of all, there's no amount of biological testing that can be conducted on a Tenebra to turn him/her into an Abyss. That has to come of the character's own volition and its absorbing another Tenebra.

Second, the Aespectriill, as the Tenebra were once known, had a concept of society far, far different than ours and they certainly had no capabilities for "biological testing"

She can't be programmed to kill, at least at this point in the story, and she most likely would kill any Elynian that strays far too close anyway.

If you have any further questions, do ask.

From the biological testing, couldn't we say that the tests were done to her by an Elynian, perhaps a mad one who wanted to see what two fused Tenebra's would accomplish, perhaps wanting to creating a new source of light energy?

"Science isn't about why, it's about why not!"

Then bam, we have our selves an aura(light based)-biological weapon of destrucsion. Anything to have an advantage above the enemy, right?

Or even better, What if she was an Elyian first then turned into one of thoughs creatures?

For tests to have been done to her by an Elynian, the Tenebra should've been on Elyne for a significant period of time already for the chaos to die down. Besides, there would be little the Elynian could've done to capture them, since merely touching them would've killed him since they don't have self-control yet.

An Elynian can't turn into a Tenebra... The Aespectriill were, for all intents and purposes of this discussion and to make what would otherwise be an extremely long explanation, from another universe entirely.

How about this as an exsample of how she was an Elynian, her essence was obsorbed into the shadows but her consiousness remaines. Leaving her bodyless with in the space of this universe where light is met with darkness, she comes back as this organism of both plains but drawn to madness because of it. Rendured mute due to the process, she has been thrown here and there in her mentail state and has gone crazy.

If you don't mind it, I think I might of created a new species from my creative mind, and I apologize if it goes against the story you have in mind.

If that's not what you want, I guess I could redraw her personality or something.

Well, first of all, that doesn't go against the story. And it IS possible. However, not for typical Elynians. I won't say much more because that would spoil stuff for other people down the line. Normal Elynians, that is, everyone living within the cities, will have their consciousnesses destroyed by the act of devouring that the Tenebra do. It's not so much against the story as it is against the premise of the world.

Her personality is alright, however, the story behind it is nigh impossible.

However, the clash of consciousnesses that a new-born Abyss undergoes can leave the consciousness that wins fractured(in this case, unable to speak and/or feel).

Do you mind if I send you a Pm asking you're request this topic? as you said, I do not want to give anything away and have a fair guess in what you have in mind.

btw, i only posted the last edit because i didn't want to lose what i did, what informasion i came up with anyway. I don't want that much work go to waist so i posted the edit. I'm going to edit it later... but it's going to take a while.

Ok, Ming, a couple of pieces of advice:

1. If you've posted relatively recently, and have something to add, instead of posting right after yourself, it's ok to edit your old post with the new information. This prevents the thread from being overinflated with unnecessary posts.

2. I'm not sure if English is your second language, but you have a good bit of spelling errors and misused words (i.e. waist instead of waste). If you could take the time to proofread your comments before posting them, it would go a long way in cleaning up your writing.

As for your profile, I'll leave that to Malk. But the things I mentioned are things that regard the forum as a whole. Just try to keep them in mind during your posting. Thanks. ^^

Seriously?... Did you just seriously?... wow.

Listen, I may have a disability, rendering me sometimes aloaf when it comes to the art of spelling correctly, but at least I try. I don't need people to tell me that what I do is pritty much insulting to others, because I know I spell words wrong, I know the way I think is sometimes wrong. But I clearly don't need to be told. How dare you be rude to me, when all I've been is nice most the time on here.

You know what, F*-it. You made me lose my interest in this thread, hope you're proud of your self.