OOC - Lux Tenebris (The Light of Darkness)

Yes i do mean it in the way that they help each other. That is generally what symbiotic means or so i thought o.o

Well, this is fantasy, so symbiotic might pertain to one "consciousness" occupying two bodies that work in mutualistic benefit.

I just had to do this:

I REALLY love the new banner I made for Lux. 'Nuff said. It's creepy and I like it.

Lux Tenebris_2.jpg

Oh! Oh! Question for all the roleplayers: What would YOU do if the Tenebra came to OUR world?

And if you think they won't be able to eat us because we're not made of light, well, most of our energy came from light... The things we eat got their energy from light... So indirectly, we're made of light and stardust too.

I honestly don't know what I would do. I would probably lock myself in a room with lights all over the place. xD.

I would get flash grenades. Seems like it would have a pretty good effect.

Apparently humans are composed of the same stuff they find in space rocks, and there's a theory going around that human beings evolved from bacteria that came from a space rock that hit the earth.

So anyways I'd probably hide first until I could find some way to effectively hurt the things, but it may not turn out like that.

>.> Does no one pay attention to the theory of evolution or anything?

Name: Elze Tannen
Race: Tenebra

*IF TENEBRA*
ArcheType: Shade
Sub-type: (not sure o.o um...)

Appearance:
myth_monsters_4a6e3c46158df.jpg
Personality: He is a calm and collective shade who seems to rely on his mind more than his emotions, he is semi passive and does not seek out strife whenever it can be avoided and only feeds when he needs to, he is an adaptable shade who is somewhat capable of adjusting to the situations at hand thanks to his more calm side of thinking although it is still possible for him to panic it does not happen nearly as often.
General History: (gonna work on this a bit as of now ill leave it blank)
(if you need anything edited just tell me)

Well, first of all, I wouldn't use the term "born," personally, because the Aespectriill are complex entities and they're not exactly "born." Also, I don't think citizen would be a good term to describe him since the Aespectriill never really had a centralized government.

Elyne is not a province, it's an entirely different universe from Sylfe, although if you're pertaining to something else, I think you should expand on that. I also think the personality section tells too little about the character and I would appreciate it if you expanded on that too.

You can only have one Archetype. As for the sub-type you could put that in as you progress in the story, since that would just be the kind of Elynian that is sort of the Tenebra's favorite food.

Ah alright. And i meant to change the province part after i went back and re read the intro again. As for the rest ill fix it up

Alright. I'll look forward to it. I was digging about in my archives and I found something that you might like for when you finish your character. xD.

I'd like to sign up because of markuthe's shameless advertising. But I think it would turn out like it did in that darkest hour movie.

Anywho I'll put up a CS tomorrow, I'm sleepy

Name: Solai
Race: Eylnian
Nation of Origin: Ignis
Type: Flame
Job/Role: Former botany professor
Appearance: Solai.jpg

Minus the bloodied aspects, of course. He carries a primitive stone-tipped hoe everywhere he goes.
Personality: Serious, solemn, but passionate. He will fully devote himself to whatever he has decided to do with his life, and so threw himself into the study of the plants of the world. He is peaceful, and so may or may not be able to survive in this aggressive new world.
General History: He was the most respected scholar of the Ignis Botanical Institute, before the world collapsed, that is. He was once famed for his research on the growth habits of wild plants and how they seemed to feed off sunlight in a different way than the Eyln. Determined to resist the dissent into madness, he fled all known civilization to hide in the wilderness, and try to come to work with his plants to provide food, and perhaps unlocking the mysteries of how they still are able to harness the light's sustenance. From his experiments, he come to realize something incredible: One could eat some plants and obtain the energy they obtained from light! What's more, he came to realize that plants could be perpetually killed and reborn using tiny things that they produced, that contained within them an infant plant! Instead of using the energy from the lighthouses to grow, these plants could use water, soil, and any form of light to grow and become strong, and could continually renew themselves to live once more. This discovery was incredible, and Solai wanted nothing more than to share it with all the world, but he knew he could not face the dangers of the cities any time soon, so he stayed in his small clearing in the woods, tending to his plants, and trying to keep the fruits from the trees rationed for himself until new plants sprouted from the earth. He was not starving, but he was eternally hungry, and as much as he wanted to work all day and night to grow his plants, rest forced him to stop. It was one such night when the Tenebrae came to him. three shades, and fear washed over Solai for the first time in a very long time. He begged for mercy, offered them what he had from the plants, and a bargain, barely, was struck. The terms are ambiguous to say the least, but each side appears to obtain something.

Announcement on my end - - - My internet may be taken away, as in shut off utterly by my phone company. I should have realized. There's no such thing as cable or dialup where I live, so I might be flat out of luck.

To compensate, I will try the method of writing at home, then bringing what I wrote to school via flashdrive and uploading at school.

I will try to update with a post by tonight or tomorrow. It depends on what happens and how many people I have in my face this weekend. The latest I will post is tuesday, because if it shuts off then it shuts off tomorrow and there isn't school on monday.

I'm very sorry for my sporadic updates.

That's alright Ekaetriana, these things happen.

Rokku:
Sealofapproval.png

anime waiter.jpg
Name: Issac Winter
Race: Eylnian
Nation of Origin: Lune
Type: Moonbow
Job/Role: Chemist
Personality:Lazy and not willing to really work. He only made it this far because his friends pushed him too. Now being invaded he must rely on his base instinct and try to survive
General History: A student at a local college, he was tasked to be an apprentice to a scientist working on other uses of light. He observed the scientist make potions and compounds made of concentrated light. these turned out to be effective but not really lethal. It aided in an escape when him and his mentor were attacked by them and his mentor accidentally threw one at them and it stunned them. He was eventually killed by them but Issac was long gone with the formula and a couple of the potions. He fled to his house when the tenebra attacked and hid for a few days. He had never been more lost or weak in his life. He had to fall back on himself since he was pushed by his friends to do work, and who knows what happened to them. He had to focus on himself.

Hmm... While I like the idea, the potion shouldn't be that potent. It should be able to release as much light as a flashlight at most, because little else can create concentrated light like Elynian essence. It should, at most, be able to kill wisps. It can weaken/stun Shades, but it won't be able to do much damage... at least until something else is added into the potion. This 'something' won't be discovered by your character yet.

Alright. Looks good Excesmyr. :D.
Sealofapproval.png

Also, feel free to start posting, Excesmyr.