OOC - Lux Tenebris (The Light of Darkness)

One of the Tenebra characters could be caught in one of Jarl'eth's traps.

I will be pulling some strings to direct people towards Sol. Over the following days, as surviving Elynians wander into Sol, it will grow brighter and brighter on the horizon, a beacon for surviving Elynians and a triangle to signal a feast for the Tenebra. Although it would make sense for pairs or small groups of characters to interact before beginning to journey towards Sol where I'll have a curve ball waiting for everyone.

I'm sorry I've not been around the past two days guys, RL stuff kept me busy. Anyway, I'll be around after tomorrow since I still have stuff to do. -__-

I am sorry to for my inactivity. I am on vacation but I am here almost regularly just to check what's new. If any of you will interact with me and I won't reply then I am sorry, I will do my best to get back to you asap.

Alright guys, new post should be up in about half an hour.

I just want to give a preview. I will be providing a hint as to how the Elynians of Sol have managed to hide away.

I cannot yet continue with Corvus' story because Returner and I are planning something that, needless to say, will be shocking for all roleplayers involved.

Also, this new post will be important for Kaze, Indy and OC because I will be hijacking events that would eventually point the characters in the direction of Sol.

I cannot yet make this the case for Ekaetriana and Effort mainly because they have yet to interact with other characters. I do have something planned though, rest assured.

Also, Kaze, you would probably be unable to devour the Halo girl in one go. You COULD but you would probably end up becoming a thundercloud, considering that you are a Wisp.

Hey guys, I'm away tonight but if the roleplay's still open I'm currently writing up a bio :D

We could always use additional characters.

Right now, I'm still waiting on Ekaetriana, Kazesei, Overcast and Indy to post before I continue.

Sorry, I've been working a lot and our net was down for a couple days. But I'll get a post up later today.

Okay, here's a CS, hope it's okay :D
I am going to Reading festival on the 22nd 'til the 27th so I won't jump in 'til after then if that's all right? And my posting may be fairly slow what with the beginning of the school year but I'm planning on my character not interacting too much with others in the beginning, more of a personal struggle, if that's all right?
Thanks guys :)

---

Name: Tor

Race: Tenebra

ArcheType: Shade

Sub-type: Fascinated by Aurorae and preferably prey on them, however normally picks off weaker Elynians such as Candlelights, infant Dawns or aging Twilights. Also enjoys cosuming Reflections.

Appearance: As a Shade, Tor's appearance is of far more solid shadow that many of his cousins. Due to his past, he takes the shape of an ethereal wolf whose body seems to merge with surrounding shadows. The only points on his lithe body that seem fully solid, however, are his cunning, ice-blue eyes and, for the unluckiest, a brief flash of brilliant white teeth before the kill.
Shadow Wolf.jpg

Personality: Back on Sylfe, Tor was a hunter, solitary and cunning, often staying out in the wilds for extended periods of time and rarely interacting with other Aespectrill. After Sylfe and his life was torn apart, the long dark journey to Elyne and the never-ending hunger that now grips his race, Tor's form changed to take on more fully the solitary, cunning, predatory beast he had become, explaining his current appearance. The 'lone wolf' is also a good description of Tor's personality and actions – cool, calculating and reticent, but incredibly loyal to those he trusts, though nowadays they are few and far between. He is constantly serious, with tendency to descend into dark musings or, occasionally, feral rages in his anger at what he lost. He will devote his everything to a worthy cause.

General History: As a hunter on his homeworld, Tor favoured his own company over that of others, also preferring the wild nature of the forests or mountains where he roamed to the rigidity of the towns and cities. His life altered when he met Lyanna, his love. He devoted himself to her, providing for her on the outskirts of a village whose name Tor now forgets, attending to her every need, returning from his hunts more frequently to be with her. When disasters began happening in Sylfe, Lyanna was already weak due to a long ailment that had gripped her for lng months. Fleeing, for a long time, was an option that ripped Tor's heart apart, for deep down, he knew Lyanna would not survive such a long, difficult, nigh impossible journey. And sure enough, not long into their flight, Lyanna fell ill again and, after much suffering, perished. His heart rended by grief, Tor threw himself into the mass escape with the other Tenebrae. However, rent by the sheer depth and intensity of his sorrow, his psyche twisted and soon his body followed with this, shaping and changing his shadowy form into that of an dark, ethereal wolf. When the hunger began clawing at his belly, Tor became insatiable, his mind and body ravanged by torments that seemed to drive him half mad. After reaching Elyne, Tor devoured many of the light-beings to try and end his own suffering. When Elyian prey became more scarce he regained clear moments of sanity, remembering the cunning ways he used as a hunter on Sylfe and learning to use this to his advantage. He now grasps the knowledge that many Elyians seem to be heading to the glowing lights in the distance – Sol, though he does not know the name – and is trailing them gradually, picking off individuals as he moves through the shadows, a hunter in the darkness.

Silverwolf: Two problems with the character. First, the Aespectriill on Sylfe were generally aloof and though there were hunters, they would never go into civilization to sell their kills.

Second, the process of Aespectriill reproduction(more like population growth instead of reproduction) is far more complicated than what is familiar with us. If you wish I could send you a message to discuss it, although I'll have to point out that the Aespectriill have no physical capability to bear children in the traditional sense.

Also, Tenebrae have an indefinite timespan, and, lacking the physical ability to age, they're indefinitely in their 'prime' so to speak.

I use the term Aespectriill to refer to the Tenebrae as they were on Sylfe, before traversing interplanar space to flee the evil that had been unleashed there.

Indy, it's alright. I understand. RL comes before RP... both figuratively, literally and alphabetically... apparently. xD.

Kaze: I only have one issue with your post and that is Sharv should be unable to discern what the Elynians are talking about, language barriers and all.. But he should be able to tell at least in some sense that it has to do with Sol due to their furtive glances towards that direction as one is apt to do when talking about something that you know is generally in that direction.

Ah, I suppose that is true. I'll get around to changing it, though given that they pointed to the glow that was Sol in the distance, he could somewhat deduce that that might be their destination. So let's go with that, and like I said, I'll fix it when I can.

EDIT: Which is apparently now. Should be fixed, let me know if I missed something else.

Thanks Malkuthe, I've edited my CS, I made Tor just a hunter and deleted the selling of kills, and removed the pregnancy thing and just made her ill (they could get ill, right? I'm assuming here). I'd like a message detailing the whole population growth thing if you've got the time, it sounds fascinating!

But yeah, how's the edited CS for you? :)

I kind of feel like I may have... overdone it a little on my post. Sorry if I did, I'll edit it, but I was sleepy and I guess I kinda ran with whatever was going on in my mind at that moment. It was like an rp hangover: I woke up the next morning going "wtf was I on when I wrote that?" XD

I was wondering just what you were doing in your post Indy, and I was about to ask you about it. xD. Not that it's much of a big deal, but the image you painted of your character's location relative to the city of Sol and the lands of Ignis was quite muddled.

Either way, it's nothing a few edits can't fix.

Yeah, we're still open.

I'll fix it later, when I can get on a computer. (My phone doesn't like Iwaku that much.) xD

Sweet. I had a question. Is there the possibility of a symbiotic relationship of a shade and a flock of murders or a swarm of fleck?

A flock of murders is highly unlikely because they're intelligent enough to be capable of sustaining themselves. A swarm of Flecks is probably more likely. I assume you mean "symbiotic relationship" as a mutual pact that benefits the two separate individuals working as a team to procure sustenance and not a relationship where one organism shares two or more bodies.