[OOC][INVITE ONLY] Reign of Discord - Silence Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You don't know how but some hellish beast managed to track down many of you". I assumed it was seen by at least a few of the survivors and figured it could help induce a pure panic moment.

Ah, yes. Very well. *nods* Carry on!

*sticks a fat "RESERVED" sign on the post*

Malk, would you prefer I add another female to the mix or do you want another male? And don't you dare say it's up to me because I'm asking you :P

@heliacalRebirth It's really up to you, I don't have a preference either way. My character already has someone to eventually be partnered with, and gender-equality doesn't really matter so much in terms of which characters are being played.

Do whatever's more comfortable to you.

Yeah, letting you guys know I'm still here. I'm still having my lovely computer issues so I figure I'll have to finish the sheet by mobile which is going to be a pain. So I'm just moving a little slow, not gone.

Hi there!

Can I play a former Thaumaturge (one of the newer orders) who is exiled due inciting discordr on a mission of atonement peace with the swordsingers? :)

I know you asked for swordsingers as much as possible but I'd like to play a foreigner who has yet to go mainstream. I mean, the lore is there, I just want to explore it.

@Nevvy, that's perfectly fine. Take your time. We are in no great hurry.

@PotatoChipGolem, unfortunately, the majority of the unexplored 'orders' are truthfully fully-fledged, and I have willingly obscured information about them from the RP for the reason that they are meant to play a greater part in Reign of Discord once it moves on from just being about the Swordsingers. As I am unfamiliar with you as a roleplayer, I cannot in good conscience allow it for now. However, if you prove your mettle, I'll be more than happy to allow it so long as you can help drive the plot forward.

I think I know where you are saying this from, a disruptive roleplayer is as devastating as an absent roleplayer.

Then, in that case, how does one prove mettle here? I was going to propose contributing to the lore of the Thaumaturges without joining yet, then having your opinions about it - as a possible way. But you mentioned that the lore has already been written. :|

Play in the RP and show me what you got. There are a limitless number of ways to make your Swordsinger unique. Surprise me. ;)

Also, as for the lore stuff, @PotatoChipGolem, when it comes to [malk]Malkuthe Highwind[/malk] RP's, assume that anything only described in passing in the lore is described in passing because you're intentionally being kept in the dark about it. xD. Good rule of thumb. When I play, most of the worldbuilding is already set, and I just want to allow players to run free in the place. Within the bounds of reason and/or plot necessity, of course.

Reactions: RiverNotch
Name: Blainkos Dorwanin
Nationality: Dovryn
Appearance:

barnold-jpg.36033

Short Background: He is the son of a vendor for shoes, and a war council member. So, of course, father wasn't ever around and mother would often be busy making sure the townspeople had the right style for the season. What is a boy to do? Finding trouble seemed to be the main objective back then. His early life is often riddled with walking on the wild side and making it his best friend.

Blain loved music and was often caught singing by himself, much to his dismay and need to keep that side of him secret. When he was 15, his father sent him away, to be a swordsinger. There, he would learn discipline and how to become a better person, while trying to get the boy to explore that side of his personality. Hopefully, he would even have some self-confidence.

Now eight years later, he has made progress but it has been extra slow without being able to find a suitable partner. His friendly, joking exterior is not a cover but people who get inside that gate are often surprised of what they find inside. It made him hard to be accepted at times.

But when it did arrive, acceptance came in the the form of a Danser named Tailat Forne. He was very skilled with a blade and is as goofy as Blain. They were two peas in a sarcastic/bromantic pod. Blain and Tail is what the were referred to as. When it finally occured to them that maybe they should be partners, Blain wanted to bring him to the capital city to meet his seemingly unreachable father. That is were things started to go wrong...

Personality: This is the guy you see when you think of "goofball". Often snarky/playful, Blain is a good guy to have have around when you want someone to help you feel better or just have a good time. He is usually in a obnoxious state, in that, his emotions range from "We can do this!" to "What are we gonna do!?". The only drawback is that for those intense up his down can be much more drastic and it can be a battle for him inside. But he uses this as fuel for what he does. For all his snarks and intentional oddness, he is a good person and sometimes forgets is own self worth. His words aren't often minced, once he knows what is desired to be said. He is a young man of few but strong convictions.

Band: Singer

Equipment:

Baibell - His bo staff that was hand crafted by his mother from some of the sturdiest wood she could find. It represented what family and love should be. It is also a sign of his bluntness.

Magical Abilities:

Sweetest Victory - A very strong ballad that he had composed himself. It is a flagship for him to do this song in the heat of battle, invigorating his friends to take the victory that is there for them.

Words of Wisdom - This song is formed in the style of a Paean. It inspires those who hear it to gather their energy because they might not live to see tomorrow. He learned to original arrangement from his mother, but converted it into magic.

The Bomb - This canticle is also an original, meant to buff allies and give them an edge in battle. It is very peppy and gets the blood flowing.

Take it Slow - His only song that can actually tap into the temporal magic that singers are known for, comes in this form. It is a bit more intimate and soft in its composition, comparing this to his plethora of rah-rah pump up type of music. Though, if you were to ask him, he likes this song better than the rest.

Important people:

Tailat Forne - One of the few people who truly accepted and enjoyed his company. He was pivotal in even bringing the often hidden side of his personality out. When they had to run, Tailat split off to try and draw them off, but Blain did the same thing and Tailat was the one they followed. Blain escaped. Tailat? Who knows.

@Cerulean is in and has been added to the castlist. :P. First one with a "partner" actually.

Reactions: Cerulean
I'm good like that. xD Also, ASSUMING that the people are dead, I would be more than willing to have a PC partner. Because either way, if Taliat is dead or not...it makes for a good story.

This sounds like it is going to be one heck of a ride...ticket for one please.

But on a more serious note I have two quick questions, first I was just wondering about The Adryn. You mention in your blog that one gains a chain for each swordsinger defeated. Now how exactly would that work, is it more of a reward for defeating another in a formal fight or is it like an honor system that you can have defeated someone and then you report the victory and claim another chain?

Second if a swordsinger looses their partner do they just continue on without them, or do they try and find another?

@ET4252 It's mostly formal. However, agreed-upon duels with a credible third-party witness qualify too.

Both can happen. The former is often the case though as it's incredibly traumatic to lose a partner.

alright, good to know. I will begin writing up my character.

*whistles and drops this here before absconding*

Name: Tomas Fylan
Nationality: Soranin

Appearance:Years of living on the run from the time he was 11 have not been kind to him; for a while he was malnourished, living only on what he could steal. Once he got older and was strong enough in his Songs to begin making a living as a bounty-hunter, he was able to better provide for himself, but those few years have left their mark. Tomas is lean, almost scrawny, and shorter than average, though his limbs are lanky. His face is narrow, shrewd, and his expression often changes, from content to excited to furious; he makes no effort to conceal or even control his emotions. He's very active, so what mass he has is toned and hard, and his skin is tanned from spending the vast majority of his time out of doors. His hair is cropped short for easy maintenance, often windswept and messy, and ginger in colour. His eyes, piercing and intense in their focus, are a dark amber. He dresses in the most convenient manner of a traveler; tough leather boots, trousers and a tunic that are worn but hardy, a leather vest, and a durable, well-made cloak to protect from the elements. The boots, vest, and trousers are all brown, as is the leather belt that holds the trousers up. His cloak is a dark green colour, and his tunic is an off-white shade.

Short Background:
Tomas was originally sent by his father to the Swordsingers for training when he was 11; that was less out of a desire for him to learn magic, than it was to have some obedience beaten into him after his father had failed to do exactly that on his own. He was astonishingly even more unruly under the tutelage of the Swordsingers, and less than a year after he'd arrived, he ran away. He had always leaned towards the Discordant side of the Song, a habit which the Swordsingers had despaired to try and break him of during his brief stay with them. Traveling out on his own, he took what little he'd learned and used it to start forging his own path towards learning to master the Song, though it was a difficult and arduous journey, not helped in the least by the fact that a child such as he, traveling alone with little in the way of supplies, did not have much going for him. Early on, he resorted to stealing to get by (something he was never proud of), and frequently used his first, barely-controlled and limited little Songs to create distractions that allowed him to escape capture. He had to stay on the road as much as possible with this method; he was aware of just how much trouble a renegade magic user could get into, thanks to his teachers among the Swordsingers having tried to frighten him into complacency. Eventually as he got older and began to learn a few, proper Songs, he found a calling for himself--bounties. He'd use his Songs to capture criminals and bring them in for a reward. He even fancied himself something of a hero, and did his best to conceal the Discordant aspect of his Songs in order to maintain this illusion. He always knew, however, that no one would ever respect or like a Discordant, no matter how much good they did.

Personality:
Tomas is a true free spirit. He loves to wander and travel across the land, loves to practice his Songs at his own discretion and leisure, in whatever direction he chooses. He loves answering to no one but his own conscience, and doing whatever he finds entertaining and/or fulfilling. But he has a very fiery temper, easy sparked, and is always ready for combat; he enjoys battle, and will ride in with a lusty, full-voiced Warsong at a moment's notice. Any attempt to assert command over him will be met with an immediate backlash; there's no surer way to ensure he won't do something, than to order him to do it (or vice versa). He acts impulsively, reacts rashly and without thought, and while he often does attempt to approach known situations with some semblance of a plan, those plans are rarely very detailed, and are frequently thrown out the window the moment something unexpected crops up, leaving him acting once again almost purely on instinct and reflex. He's lucky in that years of having been on the run and practicing his chosen path of Song has granted him a couple of specific advantages over others, as many times, the sheer power of a Discordant Song has been all that has saved him from a poorly-thought plan that went south very, very quickly.

Band: Maestro

Equipment:
Tomas is never seen without his primary weapon and most prized possession, a morningstar. Though the weapon is rarely used among Swordsingers (a fact that he rebelliously takes pride in), he actually has very practical reasons for carrying it over other armaments; he did not stay with the Swordsingers in Soranin long enough to begin true weapons training, and as such lacks any of the true skill one would require to be effective with weapons such as swords or staves or polearms. A morningstar is very simple to use; you swing it as hard as you can, and if your aim is true, the weight combined with the spikes can cause significant, and sometimes deadly, damage. It's a ball of spiky death on a stick, what more could you ask for? He also carries basic supplies like trail rations and a canteen of clean water, flint and tinder, and a good length of rope for those bounties he must bring back alive, all of which fits more or less easily within his pack.

Magical Abilities:

Tomas has only received the most rudimentary of formal training in the art of Singing. Every spell he currently uses, he largely made up himself, over years of trial and error (sometimes with disastrous results). He's strong enough in the Song that some things come to him intuitively; being Discordant especially makes it easier to discover aspects of Song. However, it also makes things harder to master, which largely limits him to shorter, simpler Songs. Being a baritone, he can't go to any of the true extremes in pitch, but his Discordant Songs tend to travel all across his available range in their short, quick-paced melodies.

??????
Tomas belts out a roaring, dissonant Song that sounds less like song and more like the cry of a beast. In addition to inspiring fear in those that hear it, this Song allows him to throw fireballs at his enemies.

??????
An ululating, rhythmic series of wails that peaks often at the top of his range, this frightening song is one Aedrin uses to create a chill wind of frost that lashes at his enemies.

??????
A deep and especially dissonant 'melody' that causes the ground to shake beneath an enemy's feet with each low and vibrating note; most often used in mountainous regions, where the inherent Discord of the terrain helps boost his power, and the earthshake can cause rockslides and avalanches. This is the hardest one for Tomas to use, as, despite the inherent power boost Discordant songs have, it's difficult for him to reach a volume at that low pitch that can cause an effective earthshake. It's also the one with the slowest tempo, taking the longest for him to reach the lower notes he needs to make it work.

The Drinking Song
A paean he sometimes sings when he's in an especially good mood, just for the sheer joy of singing. It's the only song he knows that has lyrics; a rather lewd and lusty drinking song, with a 'melody' which he made up himself, that, though by no means beautiful in any way shape or form, has been known to lift the spirits and revitalize one's energy.​

Last edited by a moderator:
*cackles wickedly* Welcome to the fold. <3.

Status
Not open for further replies.