Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Online Availability
HA! I could try and answer this but it depends on the Season.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Okay, so let me explain myself in a theoretical situation.

You find a partner you feel you get along with. You build a roleplay you love, you love the writer's style. The plot is amazing, you're pumped. 5 pages in, things went from good, to your partner seeming to hit every single thing you hate in terms of characters that you discussed before. There's no OOC, so you're not sure what is really happening. You're so frustrated that you write out 5 scenes where your main character goes psycho and kills everyone so the rp will end and you can move on.

But wait, you didn't send any of it.

My want is to see if there's a way to better utilize OOC, especially so it doesn't feel like you're pestering your partner. Because let's get real, no one wants to end an RP over a few negatives, when there's a boatload more of positives. But if you try and put it out there bluntly, it feels like you're attacking your partner. Even if sugar coated, it feels like you're telling them how to write their character. But it's was discussed before it started, understood that these things would not happen.

Another theoretical situation is where you try to have OOC discussions with your partner, but there's 0 interest, and suddenly you're hit with plot twists that weren't discussed. Pregnancies, character deaths, things that effect a roleplay on a large scale and you're just not sure what's going on.

I feel like there's a lot about improving in character writing, how to GM properly, looking for a good search, dropping roleplays, but not enough about how to properly communicate with partners. And let's be real, if you're looking for long term, communication is always key. And how do you know if you're even communicating properly to avoid these situations?

Anyways, yeah... Hopefully this thread is in the right space.

You just gotta bite the bullet and PM them and hope they don't take it the wrong way.

"I was just wondering why you did X?"

"[In the beginning], I thought we were going to do Y? What's the motivation for X?"

Or the more pointed, "I'm really sorry, but I don't really like X. Is there any way we can change it or work around it?"

It's not jist those issues. I feel like a lot of people don't use ooc very well. After initial plotting there is often little to no contact. Feel like therr isn't a lot of emphasis on importance of communicating with partners.